Author Topic: Shine 3s  (Read 3250 times)

Offline Jackasaur

Shine 3s
« on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 13:27:58 »
Hi ya'll,

So I've been watching the Ducky shine 3 Blue LED with Blue switches page like a hawk for the past few days. Today I saw that even though it was out of stock it had an option to add to cart, and so on an impulse I quickly ordered it. So, does that mean it's back ordered or was this a glitch in the system? I received a confirmation email right after as well.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=498

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Shine 3s
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 13:30:07 »
I would suggest sending them an email at the support address found on their website. They don't always frequent the forum and will most likely not see this in a timely fashion.

Offline Jackasaur

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 13:32:33 »
Thanks! I just sent them an email. I did call, but the guy said that he knew they were on preorder and they didn't know when they were going to get another batch, but that was pretty much it.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 14:42:20 »
They'll have one that I just returned pretty soon. Had maybe an hour use on it. In mint condition.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 14:46:20 »
They'll have one that I just returned pretty soon. Had maybe an hour use on it. In mint condition.

I noticed they added a section to their website called 'warehouse finds', I wonder if that's where they sell the 'used' and/or 'returned' boards?

Offline Jackasaur

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 14:58:08 »

What was the reason for the return? I think I saw your thread about selling it. I was going to contact you, but saw that I was able to add to cart and purchase.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 23:08:34 »
I had pre-ordered it quite a while back and during the time waiting for it to ship I decided I didn't like full size boards anymore. I had a few crashing problems with it. Not sure if it was my PC or the board itself. The board would just shut off (LEDs would go blank) out of nowhere. Maybe defective board. I had to reboot my PC in order to get it to recognize it again. Only happened when messing with the LED functions such as delay or brightness.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline ShakeR

• http://mechanicalkeyboards.com
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 11:31:18 »
Jackasaur,

We were working on the site yesterday and this model was incorrectly listed as order-able for a brief period.  Your order will be refunded.  Very sorry for the inconvenience!  The good news is Ducky should be making more next month, so we'll have plenty available for you :)

james,

Apparently several users were experiencing the same problem.  Sorry for the trouble! Ducky released a Firmware Update http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/articles.php?article=ducky_shine_3_troubleshooting
MechanicalKeyboards.com - What do you type on?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 13:49:42 »
Any word if Ducky is going to release any more Shine 3s with MX Greens?  I ordered a green LED version with MX Black switches, and missed my chance to grab one of the five (?) units with Greens that showed up momentarily.

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 14:17:31 »
We actually held a Facebook lottery to determine who would be able to BUY the only 2 we got in.  We've actually yet to hear back from the 2 winners, so we'll likely offer it to two other participants shortly.

I have no idea when Ducky will make more.

Offline ARod

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 20:54:19 »
Will YOTS become available in the next couple of days?

Offline ShakeR

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 12:22:05 »
Will YOTS become available in the next couple of days?

Postponed till mid next month.