Author Topic: Brin'out ur'ded  (Read 3638 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Brin'out ur'ded
« on: Sat, 09 July 2022, 17:56:19 »
What color Soylent do you guys think gon' taste best ??

USA Drought maps July 2, 2022

288842-0

288844-1

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Brin'out ur'ded
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 09:15:15 »
Yosemite  giant sequoias threatened by fire.  Sigh.......  d0000000000000000000m....

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 19:31:10 »
Yosemite  giant sequoias threatened by fire.  Sigh.......  d0000000000000000000m....
I thought they couldn't catch fire Oo .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 20:27:25 »

I thought they couldn't catch fire

Well, they are wood. The concept is that they have really thick bark so that fires can burn around them and scorch the first few layers, but the bark is so thick that it doesn't go deep enough to get into the live part and really hurt them. And of course they are so tall that the fire can sweep through the area but only get part way up their height.

Unfortunately now, after years (decades?) of drought, the bark is probably drier farther in and so more likely to burn deep, as well as the trees are just being stressed in general.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 July 2022, 21:27:32 »
Happened earlier in the year as well and some did burn.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 02:53:32 »

I thought they couldn't catch fire

Well, they are wood. The concept is that they have really thick bark so that fires can burn around them and scorch the first few layers, but the bark is so thick that it doesn't go deep enough to get into the live part and really hurt them. And of course they are so tall that the fire can sweep through the area but only get part way up their height.

Unfortunately now, after years (decades?) of drought, the bark is probably drier farther in and so more likely to burn deep, as well as the trees are just being stressed in general.
Maybe I remembered incorrectly but from my visit to Sequoia NP I remember that the trees are fire-resistant. They're also really soft and the wood basically just falls apart into loose fibres. From what I recollect this was given as the reason for them never being cut down because the wood can't be used to create fire or any sort of furniture. In other words the wood is completely useless to humans and that's why they were never cut down.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 08:32:27 »

Maybe I remembered incorrectly but from my visit to Sequoia NP I remember that the trees are fire-resistant.

They're also really soft and the wood basically just falls apart into loose fibres. From what I recollect this was given as the reason for them never being cut down because the wood can't be used to create fire or any sort of furniture.

In other words the wood is completely useless to humans and that's why they were never cut down.

Ha Ha Ha !

Your memory may be fine but you were probably fed extravagant disinformation.

"resistant" does not mean "no way"

The wood is exceptionally beautiful and desirable, and those forests were logged relentlessly in previous centuries.
National Parks were created by Theodore Roosevelt to safeguard what was left of our most valuable chunks of nature from exploitation.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 09:38:12 »
They in our base killing our tree_dudez.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 11:21:17 »
Maybe I remembered incorrectly but from my visit to Sequoia NP I remember that the trees are fire-resistant. They're also really soft and the wood basically just falls apart into loose fibres. From what I recollect this was given as the reason for them never being cut down because the wood can't be used to create fire or any sort of furniture. In other words the wood is completely useless to humans and that's why they were never cut down.
For structure Redwood is pretty useless (too soft), we do use it for fencing though.

Redwood, Cedar and Teak are all resistant to weather.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 12:14:25 »
Redwood, Cedar and Teak are all resistant to weather.

Redwood and Cedar are softwoods, while the tropical hardwoods are incredibly dense and many will sink if put in water. Tropical hardwoods also have quite a bit more silica in them as well as natural oils.

Since trees take up nutrients through their root systems, most all of the chemicals that they produce are, in the end, water-soluble. Exposed to nature, their natural resistance to those inevitable attacking organisms will eventually be leached out of them. Their structure determines how quickly water can move through them to carry away their natural defenses, and the chemistry of the resistance is determined by species and soil.

That process can vary from months to decades.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 12:35:05 »

Maybe I remembered incorrectly but from my visit to Sequoia NP I remember that the trees are fire-resistant.

They're also really soft and the wood basically just falls apart into loose fibres. From what I recollect this was given as the reason for them never being cut down because the wood can't be used to create fire or any sort of furniture.

In other words the wood is completely useless to humans and that's why they were never cut down.

Ha Ha Ha !

The wood is exceptionally beautiful and desirable, and those forests were logged relentlessly in previous centuries.
National Parks were created by Theodore Roosevelt to safeguard what was left of our most valuable chunks of nature from exploitation.
Very interesting. I looked up some pictures and it seems like you're right. It's the most expensive wood in the world, even. Very beautiful.

My mum once asked me what I'd want to become if I couldn't have had an advanced/academic education; on some reflection, I figured I'd want to be a woodworker. It's a really nice and beautiful material to work with, and there's so much that you can do with it.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 14:14:36 »

Ha Ha Ha !

Very interesting. I looked up some pictures and it seems like you're right. It's the most expensive wood in the world, even. Very beautiful.

My mum once asked me what I'd want to become if I couldn't have had an advanced/academic education; on some reflection, I figured I'd want to be a woodworker. It's a really nice and beautiful material to work with, and there's so much that you can do with it.

Meh, take it from a carpenter of over 20 years. The luster wears really quick even just work in a woodshop or cabinetry shop. Definitely very cool interesting stuff to learn that has real world applications beyond just making your paycheck. Although the business here in the US is a meat grinder from being a lowly carpenter on a fly by night crew to being a true artisan in your field. I've been all over the carpentry industry & being honest it's probably cut more than a few years off my life in more ways than one. It's one of those occupations that gets glamorized cause it's a "man's man thing to do" & don't get me wrong I couldn't see myself doing anything else, but you gotta be prepared to get your ass kicked physically & mentally in the field which many are not.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 July 2022, 14:19:50 by Rob27shred »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 15 July 2022, 15:03:07 »
Meh, take it from a carpenter of over 20 years. The luster wears really quick even just work in a woodshop or cabinetry shop. Definitely very cool interesting stuff to learn that has real world applications beyond just making your paycheck. Although the business here in the US is a meat grinder from being a lowly carpenter on a fly by night crew to being a true artisan in your field. I've been all over the carpentry industry & being honest it's probably cut more than a few years off my life in more ways than one. It's one of those occupations that gets glamorized cause it's a "man's man thing to do" & don't get me wrong I couldn't see myself doing anything else, but you gotta be prepared to get your ass kicked physically & mentally in the field which many are not.

Gekha looks up to rob27 for man_ly information.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 16 July 2022, 05:50:26 »

Ha Ha Ha !

Haha thanks mate, that's a fair point I'm sure, but I maintain a chemical laboratory - that's not the healthiest occupation either xD .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 13:52:05 »
Feels like accuweather is lying to people,  tp4's measurements around the house are higher than reports for the whole of june, and so far in july as well.

looks like they took a page from the 5aud1s , it's never hot enough to take a day off for s1ave 1ab0res.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 17:25:37 »
Feels like accuweather is lying to people,  tp4's measurements around the house are higher than reports for the whole of june, and so far in july as well.

looks like they took a page from the 5aud1s , it's never hot enough to take a day off for s1ave 1ab0res.

A lot of places get their numbers from people with home weather stations in their yard.
How it's mounted and where in the yard can make a decent difference and a LOT of them are mounted wrong (for convenience). Even some of the more official stations are positioned wrong.

But also... How accurate is your thermometer and thermostat?
I have two digital thermometers (with humidity)  from the same package and they're off by several degrees temp and humidity to each other. Home thermostats, digital or mechanical are not much better.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 17:44:31 »
Possible,  but also /Conspiracy !! accuweather has military contracts.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 18:00:41 »
I have been looking at this thread for days and I can't stand it any more.

What are the actual words that the gibberish title is supposed to be saying?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 06:57:51 »
So.....  accuweather is sayn'    we gon' have record,  then 3 days later m0ar record..

yeh-bois, speed run

289200-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 02:39:10 »
they're saying last weekend's greenland ice melt alone would cover west virginia under a foot of water.

Eat ur veggies guys..  Soon most of us may not be eating anything at all..

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 03:13:51 »

Ha Ha Ha !

Beautiful photo of amazing tree. Plus I can see 5 parasites...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 16:02:04 »

Beautiful photo of amazing tree.

I would say "heartbreaking" rather than beautiful.

Anybody who says that "size doesn't matter" has not seen that saw.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 01:00:46 »

Beautiful photo of amazing tree.

I would say "heartbreaking" rather than beautiful.

Anybody who says that "size doesn't matter" has not seen that saw.

I meant to say a photo of beautiful tree. Not those parasites around it.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 21:03:30 »
Is there a heet wave ? can't even tell no more.. just h0t..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 09:53:38 »
Kturkay,  they voted Drumph, 62% of votes.

Flash fl00d, 15 dead, likely to double as counts emerge.

Floyd county, (72%) Drumph
Breathitt County, (75%) Drumph
Knott County,  (76%) Drumph
Garrard County, (78%) Drumph

Resident quoted saying: "we'll make it, we always do with god's hallp."

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 12:13:19 »

Is there a heet wave ?

Mos' def'

I realized that I had felt relief upon hearing today's weather forecast for 85F/30C rather than the 95F/35C that we have been experiencing for the last couple of weeks.

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 July 2022, 12:14:53 by fohat.digs »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 09:40:06 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 12 August 2022, 16:19:12 »
Poland's second largest river polluted by Toxic Mercury Dumping.  Estimates it will take years for river ecosystem to recover.

Mercury is a neurotoxin,  Search, Minamata syndrome, a similar event named after an industrial dumping in Japan, which they attempted to cover up.. There's even a movie !

This is also the primary reason why YOU SHOULDN'T EAT FISH.  Mercury is cumulative and can not leave the body.  They can detect neuro damage if a person eats as little as 1 can of tuna a week.

Mercury bio-accumulates up the Marine food chain, the larger the fish, the worse it is, because mercury is roughly 100% persistent. If you drink water, it can go in and come out, Mercury goes in, NEVER OUT,  as the marine ecosystem soaks it up, the big fish such as Salmon, Tuna, Dolphins, Whales etc, have extremely toxic lvls of buildup.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 13 August 2022, 20:31:18 »
Mega Draught hits Europe..

Speed running /Famine.     These rocks are insane.

They're similar to the Tsunami markers in japan, They mark the height of the flood, and tell you where not to build houses. These stones were also ignored, then the Tsunami Came.

290246-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 15 August 2022, 13:10:45 »
snip.......Increases in temperature and rainfall, for instance, have expanded the range of mosquitoes and contributed to outbreaks of dengue fever, chikungunya and malaria. At the same time, heatwaves draw more people to water-related activities, leading to a rise in cases of waterborne illnesses, such as gastroenteritis. Storms, sea level rise and floods force people to move and have been implicated in outbreaks of Lassa fever, cholera and typhoid fever.

Climate threats have also made some pathogens more virulent or boosted their transmission. For example, high temperatures increase the survival and biting rates of mosquitoes carrying West Nile virus. Furthermore, these hazards weaken people’s ability to cope with infections through factors such as mental stress, lowered immunity and malnutrition.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-02167-z?error=cookies_not_supported&code=e5537d56-b4d8-4808-8068-118acb2acab7

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 22 August 2022, 20:26:27 »
Texas flooding,  3 months worth of rain all in 1 day.  They did their own research..  Texas Grid Str0gn'... climate change = h0ax

290621-0

290623-1

290625-2

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 22 August 2022, 21:42:05 »

climate change = h0ax

Think maybe Texas is about ready to start voting Democratic?