Author Topic: Any further info on new 2019 electrocapacitive NIZ switch?  (Read 7153 times)

Offline daneb

Any further info on new 2019 electrocapacitive NIZ switch?
« on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 14:59:31 »
I have just stumbled upon this new EC switch by niz. Does anybody have any further info regarding where this switch is/might be used and - in fact - what "compatibility NIZ keyboards" mean? Does it mean it can be used in current/olde niz keyboards? Are there any advantages over older NIZ solutions?

Does anybody have any experience with this switch or is any review available?

https://www.nizkeyboard.com/product/2019-new-niz-ec-switch/
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 April 2019, 15:01:12 by daneb »

Offline swedishpiehole

Re: Any further info on new 2019 electrocapacitive NIZ switch?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 09:37:29 »
I'd like to know the answer to this as well! I don't have a Niz but am thinking about getting one. Their website is poorly designed and very confusing, unfortunately.

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 16:09:06 »
I'd guess this are compatible with prior released NIZ EC boards. They have a Reddit account that they normally post on /r/mechmarket with I'll see if I can find it again as perhaps they can share more info.

They do have a contact email info@nizkeyboard.com and a Facebook page linked that might be helpful in getting some clarification https://www.facebook.com/nizkeyboard/.

I really wish Plum/NIZ would release a 65%ish EC board with HHKB backspace, programmable PCB, standard 6.25 or 7u spacebar one of these days. 
TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline swedishpiehole

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 16:33:58 »
You piqued my curiosity so I wrote to Nigel at Flashquark to ask about the new switches, since I'm thinking about ordering an Atom66. Here is what he replied:

"We just got in contact with Niz to inquire about the new switches and they said that only certain keyboards in their lineup will be receiving the new switches. They are not sure yet if the Atom66 will be receiving the new switches however. They said that they will be able to give us an answer about that in about a month when they begin manufacturing the next batch of Atom66s. Whether they have new switches or not, we will realistically be back in stock of the Atom66s sometime in the middle of July, as the manufacturer does not have any current stock in their warehouse and we are waiting for them to manufacture more.
Hope that helps!"

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 18:45:17 »
You piqued my curiosity so I wrote to Nigel at Flashquark to ask about the new switches, since I'm thinking about ordering an Atom66. Here is what he replied:

"We just got in contact with Niz to inquire about the new switches and they said that only certain keyboards in their lineup will be receiving the new switches. They are not sure yet if the Atom66 will be receiving the new switches however. They said that they will be able to give us an answer about that in about a month when they begin manufacturing the next batch of Atom66s. Whether they have new switches or not, we will realistically be back in stock of the Atom66s sometime in the middle of July, as the manufacturer does not have any current stock in their warehouse and we are waiting for them to manufacture more.
Hope that helps!"

Since they're transparent tops, I assume only the RGB models will be getting them. But it's possible that, if any improvements to the slider itself were made, that those would be applied to any newly-manufactured non-RGB units.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline swedishpiehole

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 27 May 2019, 13:00:44 »
I have a new 2019 Atom66 from nizkeyboards.com on its way to me. It's non-RGB, so we'll see if it has the updated switches or not...

Offline livewirerc

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 14:10:44 »
Niz produces a line of WATERPROOF ec keyboards?!? Tight. I'm definitely going to have to check these out...

https://www.nizkeyboard.com/product-category/niz-capacitive/waterproof-series/

Offline Petch

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 27 June 2019, 09:03:21 »
Did anyone ever figure out what the differences are with the 2019 switches?

Offline swedishpiehole

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 28 June 2019, 12:18:59 »
Did anyone ever figure out what the differences are with the 2019 switches?

I can confirm that my Atom66 has the new switches, but since this is my first Niz, I can't tell you what the differences are. I can only say they feel amazing.