Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793123 times)

Offline goastkeebs

Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 26 May 2021, 21:55:13 »
hi there everyone,

I joined the keyboard community about a year or 2 ago built my first board and it was a Custom Acrylic KBD67 with NK Cream and then you know how that goes lool. I'm happy I got into this hobby.

Offline abineshrp

• Taxi Dispatch Software
« Reply #1001 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 08:16:40 »
Hello Everyone.

I am a new member for this community. Hope all doing well!

Taxi Dispatch Software

Offline RainWaiv

« Reply #1002 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 12:13:36 »
How did you know I was spending a lot on keyboards?!  It is nice to know that I am not the only one spending too much money on keyboards.  I got obsessed with the model M very quickly.  It started when I ran a google search for linux keyboard.  Unicomp was basically all I came up with.  I got the classic 101, no Windows keys thank you, linux version with Caps Lock, Ctrl and Esc, ~ keys switched.  I now own several from Unicomp, and the original from clickykeyboards.   
We all have. We all have...
please guys help i spent too much money on keyboards i have eaten nothing but instant noodles for the past 3 months

Offline CbR4

« Reply #1003 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 22:31:19 »
Hey all,

I'm relatively new to the mechanical keyboard scene and I am very keen to learn more. I've already learned the hard way that this gets expensive, and I know it just gets worse. Looking forward to getting involved more around the place.

Offline ddddavidddd

« Reply #1004 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 16:26:15 »
Hello there GH folks, this is my first post, and just testing things out. I know a few people here, but I want to become more familiar with hardcore mech users, so I have been diving into different circles to learn as much as I can.

I've got a box full of expensive parts sitting next to me and hope to have the time to put my first build together (kids and wife willing),

Have a good night, and happy typing!

David

Offline Dum Dum

• FXTM
« Reply #1005 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 03:35:21 »
Hi! I am new here  :D

Offline seokjin

• smooth like butter
« Reply #1006 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 14:29:22 »
Hi guys! Long time lurker so finally decided to make an account to keep up with release better.

Got into the hobby last year during lockdown and built my first keyboard after discovering jelly pom keycaps!

Hopefully I'll be able to make a couple more this year  :D

Offline AlmostPalindrome

« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 09:34:48 »
I don't know if this a noob thing or not but it's agonizing to balance stab wires. Anw I would like to how others do that. 

Offline Klackygears

« Reply #1008 on: Sat, 26 June 2021, 12:52:32 »
Hello!

I'm klackygears. I've been around for a while but, never really posted much. I'm a big time lurker / wallflower type of person. :-X I do, however, have a lot of ideas and have been making some keyboard designs that I want to start sharing them here. I'm pretty active on my Instagram: @klackygears I've also posted some designs on Thingiverse:klackygears
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 June 2021, 12:54:20 by Klackygears »

Offline nickthaskater

« Reply #1009 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 17:44:30 »
Longtime lurker.

Currently running a Mercutio 40.

Offline Heisenberg122

« Reply #1010 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 13:35:49 »
Hi everyone, I'm the real Heisenberg  :cool:

I've been using Model M for more than 20 years. I used to use some F122s of mainframes and the AS/400 machines. (once upon a time  :( )
Tried several mechanical switches several times, but no. My board is the Model M.  :)

I saw this community and decided to join.

Offline LGND.exe

« Reply #1011 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 23:39:24 »
I just registered my self on to geekhack and i am excited to see what is has to offer i have an alienware membrane keyboard that i use and a ducky one 2 mini i am trying to mod but i need a solder kit first. i am looking to build a custom keyboard with out soldering i dont know what pcb i should buy but i could use some help in that department. One last thing if anyone has some sort of keyboard building simulator i could use that would be great. I would love to mess around and find a nice design so i dont waste money.

Offline eugeniac

« Reply #1012 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 11:40:20 »
Hello! I've been lurking on GH for weeks and decided to joined just now. I'm fairly new to to mechanical keyboard (previously just passive user of Keychron K2 - for mac layout since 2020) - and started to look for more options. Someday I'd love to build my own! But for now, I'm more of looking for keycaps kit/set that fit my current keyboard ^_^ - so any Group buy for keycaps are something in my interest. Thank you :)

Offline wowaweewa

« Reply #1013 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 05:48:07 »
Hey guys,
I'm not 'new' here, since I've been browsing this site for a good time, but I never really got to make an account for just another keyboard-related website. Now that I have (and commented on some posts), I decided to atleast intruduce myself in this thread. Already built (too many) keyboards, and am now looking for some more 'high end' boards!

Offline yrtsi

« Reply #1014 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 15:50:13 »
Hello from Finland! I purchased my first IBM Model M and shortly after that I found this forum and decided to join.

Offline lengmeo

• Asyouwish.byLeng
    • Etsy Store
« Reply #1015 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 18:39:30 »
Hi guys!!!
Feel so good when seeing all of the new mem like me in here 😆, can't be more excited. I know I still have a lots things to learn & it won't be easy for me, but I will try to do my best that i can!!!
I can do it! You can do it! We can do it!!! Keep it up guys!!!
Check for more Sale & Give Away ~
My Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/asyouwish.byleng/
My Tiktok : https://vt.tiktok.com/ZGJA6fxnV/
My email : lengmeoo@gmail.com

Offline Play Avery

• Mkeebs and Setup Enthusiast
« Reply #1016 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 01:48:05 »
Hi Everyone!

So excited to be here. Just started diving into this rabbit hole a few months ago. Can't agree more with TS, this thing is gonna burn a hole in my pocket. It's true when this thread started and it's true today!
And oh, also just ordered a Tokyo60 from Drop during the summer sale and will be building that with Durock L7 and also the Durock V2 stabs ;D

Haha, anyway, really excited to be here and look to contribute to this awesome community! :thumb:

Offline WinKeys

• Win Keys Link Tree
« Reply #1017 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 20:37:54 »
Hey Everyone!

I'm Winnie, the artisan maker behind Win keys. I'm a relatively new maker that has been holding nearly weekly raffles for a little over a year now. I got into the keyboard hobby about 2 years ago when I was searching for the next thing to customize after finishing up my PC and have been obsessed ever since. I've been coming to Geekhack to check out IC and GB but have never been brave enough to post and interact because I always felt like I was too new to the hobby.

My top favorite boards right now are my Prime_E and Space65 CV. Prime is black with Jamon and my Space is Ocean with Ashes. One of the GB's that I'm really looking forward to is the Field Trip, it's such an awesome concept as a 40% TKL!

If anyone is interested in getting into making artisan keycaps and has any questions or looking to be pointed in a direction to recourses to help you learn fill free to message me, I'm more than willing to help you out.

Offline queasy

« Reply #1018 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 00:52:16 »
Hi everybody!

Been lurking a while but here i am now!
Been going deeper and deeper into this mech keeb "hobby" for a while now and thought it was about time i got active here :)

Offline sugeng

« Reply #1019 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 03:17:01 »
Hi my name is Sugeng from Jakarta, Indonesia...

I am just finding a new hobby during pandemic... keyboards...
completely newbie here...

Glad to find this kind of forum, i hope i could learn from the people here...

Thank you

Offline 4dr14n4d

« Reply #1020 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 09:24:22 »
hello from indonesia my name adrian i want to know more about costum mechanical keyboard..please guide me

Offline babytexx

« Reply #1021 on: Thu, 12 August 2021, 11:08:28 »
Hey friends. Got my first mech in a DasKeyboard II 15 years ago, and recently upgraded to an HHKB with a bunch of mods. Now I have a heavy grail on the way and some other projects cooking . . . . .

Offline vicious7

« Reply #1022 on: Sat, 14 August 2021, 11:25:36 »
Hi all! Glad to be part of this great community. And it is, indeed, a money pit. Bought a Pok3r half a decade ago and was content until I built my first ever custom board a couple of months ago with the Tofu65...

...and now I'm waiting for a Neo Element, Baldr60 AND a Nasu to arrive  :-[

Offline Burgo

• Burgo's Computing Solutions
    • Burgo's Computing Solutions
« Reply #1023 on: Mon, 16 August 2021, 07:12:09 »
Thanks, will use as required.
Computer Repair | Northern Tasmania: https://burgoscomputingsolutions.com.au

Offline zenny5268

« Reply #1024 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 08:59:46 »
Hey what's up key gang! (I hope I don't sound weird lol). New to the community and been enjoying so much learning about mechanical keyboards and so much more on the culture. Happy to explore more with you all on this insightful and exciting journey!

Just ordered in my first build parts! Hope to get them asap so I can really get my hands on learning and building them :D

Offline Corybantix

« Reply #1025 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 19:58:33 »
Hi Everyone. I'm relatively new and know very little about this hobby, but regardless, I'm excited! So much to learn and so much to do.

I love it.

I can't wait to put together my first board. I've been eyeing a hot swap board and want to just play around with the different switches for a while. And keycaps! ohh the different aesthetic builds I've been seeing.

Maybe I should just build my first board around a certain theme. Maybe I should practice soldering. Maybe I should get in a GB for some sexy GMK keycaps.

I was thinking of putting together a board themed after a Hololive member. That would be fun. I just honestly can't wait to get started!
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 August 2021, 20:02:58 by Corybantix »

Offline Bic

« Reply #1026 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 18:13:32 »
Hello geekhack!
i'm not exactly new to the hobby but i recently got my first mechanical keyboard, after months of research.
And it's soooo cool!!
Actually i was mostly on reddit these past years, just dreaming watching keyboards builds, but i wanted to see a bit how the community works on geekhack so here i am!
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 August 2021, 18:16:06 by Bic »
Tofu65 with Durock T1 and SA Chalk    Waka60, gat yellows and KbdFans DSA

Offline Ludo_Lorenz

• Let's talk!
« Reply #1027 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 14:56:05 »
Hello! I'm not used to the forum format, so I hope I am doing this right!

I'm excited to be a part of this, and hope to learn a lot with you all. I am a Brazilian game developer, and also like building my own things whenever possible. It's a great way for me to get the stuff I want even if its unavailable or prohibitively expensive  ;)

I have a crappy keeb that is broken and I was hoping I could find the info I need to get it back to 100%.

I also have a keyboard design of my own that I am building and I would love to share the progress in here with you all. Your feedback would be extremely valuable to me <3

Offline Corruscant

« Reply #1028 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 17:09:27 »
I'm honestly afraid of how much I've spent on my first real custom keyboard, and at this point, I don't even want to imagine just how much more I'll be spending in the future.

Offline jainaxfel

« Reply #1029 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 04:56:16 »
Am I officially a geek now?  ;D

Offline cest73

« Reply #1030 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 09:03:08 »
Am I officially a geek now?  ;D
Depends, are you hacking?  :cool:

Offline itsnota2ma

• My Website
« Reply #1031 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 09:18:58 »
I hacked my headlights on my car......does that count???

Offline gioconda

« Reply #1032 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 05:38:50 »
Hi everyone!!

I'm new to this community, I hope to learn a lot

Nice day!

Offline jakw0lf

« Reply #1033 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 07:44:46 »
Hello everyone, nice to see the vibrant community. Cheers.

Offline minnera

« Reply #1034 on: Fri, 15 October 2021, 20:44:17 »
Hai! Finally joined after some random lurk, trying to learn more about these beauties. I have a new mania every 3 month, I wish i had the money for all of them. But right now I really would love a majestic left numpad keyboard T.T

Offline ahumanbeing

« Reply #1035 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 10:01:37 »
Hello everyone, this community I just joined is awesome!

Offline mechanical.nails

« Reply #1036 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 15:36:19 »
Thank you! I didn't know this style of forum was still active. I like how old school it is :)
I like custom painting keycaps.

Offline Aluzhe

« Reply #1037 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 21:22:54 »
Finally joined after months of lurking! Can't wait to start spending even more money  ;D

Offline BroooomsAway

« Reply #1038 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 19:09:15 »
Hey Everyone.

Sitting at home typing all day during quarantine made me want to look down at something more beautiful than a black generic keyboard.

I've had a bit of a tough go of it so far. Bought an ID80 (I really like the 75% layout for my work) and it was great. Signed up for the group buy on the gorgeous SA Jadeite as my long term key caps and bought some regular GMKs to hold me over until it arrived. I did a whole bunch of research on switches, bought em, lubed em and loved the set up.

1 month in the ID80 PCB goes haywire. I press 3 and get `12345, I press E I get qwert. Same for D and X, like that whole line of keys went on the fritz. I put it down for a while...then...

...the SA Jadeites arrive I only bought the additionals key caps not the base set (head slap!)...while it's stupid it has got be back into this.

Anyway I am talking to customer service at idobao about the PCB, trying to track the SA Jadeites base set (long shot I know) and thinking about getting another SA set. Anyway, it's fun and I am happy to be here.

Thanks for reading.

Offline singularity23

« Reply #1039 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 19:55:25 »
Hey guys, I am somewhat new here, if you are talking about posting. but I have been following up with GB here for a couple of years.

« Reply #1040 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 18:29:13 »
hey guys - long term lurker but excited to finally get more involved here

Offline madrone

« Reply #1041 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 00:12:22 »
Hi everyone.  Been building custom boards for a while now and finally not just lurking.  I've been designing and kicking off PCBs for custom layouts, designing and routing walnut housings, machining aluminum caps with slate inlays, and generally building lots of stuff.  Happy to chat about it all.

Offline djuna_jr

« Reply #1042 on: Sun, 28 November 2021, 04:05:54 »
Hi there,

I write for a living so the feel of a keyboard has always mattered to me. I built a Lego typewriter in summer and it got me nostalgic about using a manual typewriter and made me wonder if there was a way to make my keyboard sound and feel nicer.

One youtube rabbit hole later, I had parts on the way for two keyboards (couldn't decide between 65% and 60%).
Building them was fun and also, the first one especially, sometimes frustrating. I was amazed when I plugged the first one in and it worked  :)

There's something magical about typing every day on something that arrived as a bunch of parts that I had to tweak, lube, film and assemble (pesky tiny screws...).
I feel like these keyboards are mine in a way that no others have been.

Obviously, I have very much caught the keyboard bug, and am hoping to soak up wisdom from folks far more advanced in the hobby than newbie me.
Now to read all the things....

Offline catfay

« Reply #1043 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 12:47:35 »
Hello everyone, still pretty new to the hobby here!

Started my descent into the keyboard world around two months ago by building a Lily58 Pro, and got around to making a geekhack account just now looking to get more involved in the hobby. Hope everyone is doing well!

Offline sejtano

« Reply #1044 on: Fri, 10 December 2021, 18:37:12 »
I'm new here and I have a question about the Scroll Key not working on an IBM model M that I just got. I hope someone can tell me where I could ask this question.

Offline eppo666

« Reply #1045 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 13:45:32 »
well hello, i just joined the custom keybord community.
i'm not gonna build my first of, but rather have ordered a keychron K3 V2 wit 4 different low profile switch sets that is exluding the one already in the KB.
(so actually 5)
let's see how far i go down the keyboard rabbithole.

Offline workspace

« Reply #1046 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 05:02:23 »
Hi all,
my name is Ralf and I am located in Germany.
I still use my first PC Keyboard, a cherry MX81-1800. Got addicted to mechanical keyboards a few years ago, after discovering geekhack, but was only a time to time reader. A few weeks ago I got accidently a Keychron K2 and got addicted again. Like to build a custom one somedays.

Happy Christmas to everyone, take care and stay safe
Ralf

Offline ggharsha

• twitter
« Reply #1047 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 11:13:13 »
Hello all

Decided I should actually start posting on geekhack nowadays because there's so many boards I'm interested in releasing/running new rounds.

My name is Harsha - I've been into custom keyboards for a while and got into the hobby while I was a broke college students about 6 years back. I stopped following the hobby for a bit but got reintroduced in late 2020 and I've enjoyed building a ton over this past year. I worked in esports for a while but I've returned to a normal life recently... so mechanical keyboards are the most exciting thing going on now  ;D

Offline EthanElvis

• JBS Devices
« Reply #1048 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 07:34:33 »
Hi, this is Ethan, I am new to this forum. Hope I will find some interesting stuff on this forum.

Offline Gorilla6534

« Reply #1049 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 20:23:42 »
Hey guys, just introducing myself in this post. I am very new to the custom keyboard scene and look forward to purchasing my first custom keyboard. I hope that the community here can teach me more about the custom keyboard market and help me make a great investment for my first keyboard. Thank you!!