Author Topic: [GB] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 Extras live at zFrontier, ProtoTypist, Ashkeebs  (Read 193975 times)

Offline minicap

Re: [GB] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 update: R4 samples for re-make approved
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 27 July 2023, 23:39:35 »
Small update: updated estimated completion date for the re-made caps is August 10th. Here's a progress photo from Keyreative!

Also, the GB/preorder thank-you gifts are complete and either with or on their way to vendors to include with the re-made caps when they are fulfilled 🎁

Offline minicap

Re: [GB] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 update: R4 samples for re-make approved
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 10 August 2023, 22:41:10 »
Re-make is complete and keycaps are being packaged to be shipped to vendors!

Offline minicap

Re: [GB] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 keycap re-make complete! shipping to vendors
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 18 August 2023, 00:30:40 »
Packing is complete and keycaps are on the way! The shipments for all international vendors except MKEU have been sent (I'm trying to find out more details here, but it relates to outstanding payments owed).

Keyreative shipped the keycaps for US, CA, UK, AU vendors by air ✈️ and they are expected to arrive in 7-12 days! After that, individual vendors will need to process their shipments and prepare to fulfil orders - this will vary depending on vendor. I'd keep an eye on updates from your particular vendor as to when exactly fulfilment begins (make sure to send a ticket to update your address if you need to, as well!)

I should also be receiving my re-made designer copy in the next few weeks and am excited to see the "V2"! I'll be taking lots of comparison pictures, both to share with you all as well as for vendors to use in their extras listings etc to explain the differences between the A and B stocks.

Offline minicap

Re: [GB] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 keycap re-make complete! shipping to vendors
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 02 September 2023, 18:07:38 »
Fulfilment is underway or will be starting soon for most vendors!

I also finished going through all of the re-made kits - colours are fixed, legend sizing is fixed, issue in ergo kit fixed, issues with cursive backspace/numpad 1 fixed 🥺 Am very grateful that the re-make was possible and am happy with the fixed keycaps!

There was one small issue not fixed, the colour of the zigzag keys in the ortho kit. I talked to Keyreative about this and it was due to a mis-translation of the description of the issue. Keyreative have already finished making replacement keys which are now being air-shipped to vendors.

Here's some per-vendor status updates:
* ProtoTypist - Received the re-made keycaps, GB orders have been fulfilled and extras will go up in the next few weeks
* zFrontier -  GB customers have already previously been sent the B stocks, and should receive the A stocks and gifts in a second shipment now. These will begin to be sent out soon (they were waiting for the ortho fix kits)
* Vala Supply - fulfillment starting soon, ortho fix kits will be sent separately to affected customers
* Ashkeebs - Re-made keycaps received
* SwitchKeys - Fulfilment appears to have begun (haven't gotten confirmation from them but someone has gotten their order already)

I've double checked and shared instructions with all vendors about sending both the A and B stock as well as the gifts, but there might still be some issues as everyone involved is human. So, please double check your order when it arrives, if there are any missing kits or you didn't get the gifts please 1) contact the vendor asking them to send you what's missing 2) let me know here so I can track any issues on my end too.

Since everyone is receiving both versions of the set, I was worried it'd be easy to mix them up - Keyreative helped make some changes to the packaging to help distinguish, and I've made a guide here to show the differences:  https://www.instagram.com/p/CwtPnHUPcWq/?igshid=MWZjMTM2ODFkZg== 
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 September 2023, 02:02:16 by minicap »

Offline minicap

Re: [GB] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 SwitchKeys customers please check latest update
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 06 September 2023, 22:57:41 »
Important notice for SwitchKeys customers

TLDR: If you ordered from SwitchKeys please check your order. If any kits are missing or you did not receive the Sewing Tin sticker and postcard, please write in to support@switchkeys.com.au with your order number and a list of what is missing from your order.

SwitchKeys GB orders have been fulfilled, but there have been some orders where B-stock kits and the Sewing Tin specific gifts (postcard and sticker) were missing. The SwitchKeys team has shared the following information:
* Some kits were missing from the shipment they received, which could explain why some customers did not receive them
* Their fulfillment team were given the instructions to include the gifts, so some orders might be missing them due to mistake

The SwitchKeys team has requested that customers with affected orders contact SwitchKeys support at support@switchkeys.com.au to let them know what is missing from their order. I have asked if they can send the missing kits and missing gifts to customers & if they know how many orders were affected due to the missing kits, but they have said they need customers to let them know what is missing & need to know the breadth of the issue before coming up with a solution.

If you're not sure if you are missing things or not, you can refer to this order packing guide that I made for vendors (warning: it does spoil what the gifts are if you wanted it to be a surprise): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UhhttmFSOj6es3oFvPtEPsIDIIc5CyQgA448CI70QQY/edit#heading=h.60sosy2zdx68

I have also asked for more information about exactly what kits were missing (this is the first I've heard of it from any vendor) but do not have specifics here yet.

Offline minicap

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 01 October 2023, 17:39:59 »
Hey all, happy October! Here's a status roundup of where we're at with keyset fulfilment.

I've really enjoyed seeing people's builds so far (feel free to post here, tag me on instagram @minicap.cat or share in the gallery in my Discord server!) For those still waiting for their sets, thank you for your patience. And to everyone, thanks again for your support aaa 😭

* Vala Supply - GB/preorders finished fulfilment September 22nd - remaining outstanding orders are those which also contained items from other unfulfilled GBs. Ortho fix kits received and going out to customers soon. Extras expected to go live in coming weeks
* ProtoTypist - Extras are live! Ortho fix kits still on route to ProtoTypist.
* zFrontier - A-stock replacements have been sent to domestic (Chinese) orders and are being processed for international orders. You should get an updated shipping notification but if it does not go through you can reach out to zFrontier online support to check the status of your order: support@zfrontier.com

No changes in status for the following vendors:
* Ashkeebs - Container with the B-stock keycaps is still undergoing customs inspection, no ETA. (A-stocks already received)
* Zion Studio - A-stock keycaps on way to Zion PH (they were sent to Zion's CN office first)
* mykeyboard.eu - MKEU is currently in talks with zFrontier about many sets with outstanding payment, including Sewing Tin.
* SwitchKeys - I've been checking in with them weekly but have not received any replies from SwitchKeys since the last update (regarding contacting SwitchKeys support if there are missing items in your order) - so please still follow those instructions from the previous update.

edit: Addendum: mykeyboard.eu has confirmed with zFrontier that several sets will be shipped to them soon, including KAM Sewing Tin!
Will update with an ETA when I have one.

Customers should get both the A and B stock for their order like other vendors. However, since they were not responsive during the time when the postcard/sticker gifts were being planned (I asked the other vendors involved for how many sets of gifts they needed, permission to use their logo on the postcard and also if they would be willing to include the gifts with the orders when packing them), they will not include the gifts.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 October 2023, 23:50:55 by minicap »

Offline minicap

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 14 October 2023, 21:52:48 »
Important notice for SwitchKeys customers

TLDR: If you ordered from SwitchKeys please check your order. If any kits are missing or you did not receive the Sewing Tin sticker and postcard, please write in to support@switchkeys.com.au with your order number and a list of what is missing from your order.

SwitchKeys GB orders have been fulfilled, but there have been some orders where B-stock kits and the Sewing Tin specific gifts (postcard and sticker) were missing. The SwitchKeys team has shared the following information:
* Some kits were missing from the shipment they received, which could explain why some customers did not receive them
* Their fulfillment team were given the instructions to include the gifts, so some orders might be missing them due to mistake

The SwitchKeys team has requested that customers with affected orders contact SwitchKeys support at support@switchkeys.com.au to let them know what is missing from their order. I have asked if they can send the missing kits and missing gifts to customers & if they know how many orders were affected due to the missing kits, but they have said they need customers to let them know what is missing & need to know the breadth of the issue before coming up with a solution.

If you're not sure if you are missing things or not, you can refer to this order packing guide that I made for vendors (warning: it does spoil what the gifts are if you wanted it to be a surprise): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UhhttmFSOj6es3oFvPtEPsIDIIc5CyQgA448CI70QQY/edit#heading=h.60sosy2zdx68

I have also asked for more information about exactly what kits were missing (this is the first I've heard of it from any vendor) but do not have specifics here yet.

follow-up update: SwitchKeys has just replied to me with an update on this: "We have made arrangements with all the customers who had missing components to have them sorted out, as well as anyone who contacted us in regards to not receiving their gifts"

My contact at SwitchKeys also believes the ortho fix kits have been sent out to all affected customers.

If you ordered from SwitchKeys & are still missing any kits or the gifts (including the A-stock ortho fix kit) please contact support@switchkeys.com.au with your order number and a list of what is missing from your order so they can sort it out for you

Offline minicap

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 29 October 2023, 17:07:44 »
hello! end of month round of updates (no new updates for vendors not listed here). gradually getting closer to the project being complete!

* zFrontier - A-stock replacements for all original orders have been shipped. Some may still be in transit. A-stock extras are now live: https://en.zfrontier.com/products/in-stock-kam-sewing-tin Note that these are A-stock ONLY (unlike ProtoTypist's extras) zFrontier will likely release their B-stock extras later on at a discount or as an event gift, exact plan not yet finalised
* ProtoTypist - ortho fix kits received and shipped to all affected customers
* MKEU - keycaps being shipped to MKEU by air (alongside other outstanding sets from zFrontier), estimated to arrive with them in November

Offline minicap

Re: [GB] KAM Sewing Tin 🍪 Extras live at zFrontier and ProtoTypist
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 18 November 2023, 15:41:14 »
couple more fulfillment updates:

* Zion Studios - I've heard from several folks that they've received their order but only with A stock (B-stock and gifts missing) - I've contacted the Zion team and am waiting for a response/for them to look into this. If this happened with your order, I recommend also contacting support@zionstudios.ph with your order number to help make their team aware of which orders have issues.
* Ashkeebs - GB order fulfillment complete! Customers should have received both A and B stock as well as the gifts. Additionally, extras are now live at https://www.ashkeebs.com/product/kam-sewing-tin-keycaps. Ashkeebs will be selling A and B-stock extras separately - A-stock will be available at an extras markup, whereas B-stock will be discounted compared to GB pricing. Edit: Ashkeebs has changed to selling them together similar to ProtoTypist. Customers who bought A stock extras before this change will also receive B stock extras
* zFrontier - Sewing Tin extras are now 33% off for BFCM sale until december 3rd https://en.zfrontier.com/products/in-stock-kam-sewing-tin (zFrontier's extras are A stock only)

Note: if you were looking to get both the A and B stock together, would check out the ProtoTypist extras as they are selling them together as a bundle so it's cheaper than buying them separately: https://prototypist.net/collections/in-stock/products/in-stock-kam-sewing-tin-ketset
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 November 2023, 02:44:31 by minicap »