Author Topic: [IC] GMK Nautilus 2 | GB LIVE!  (Read 74885 times)

Offline nguyenhimself

Re: [IC] GMK Nautilus 2
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 22:26:49 »
Mostly I'm just surprised that you of all people still keep the numpad in the base kit.
I know for a fact that this set is super popular among various Asian communities, so I have no doubt it'll be successful.
Also: Most thankful for the Mac kit.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 January 2020, 22:28:41 by nguyenhimself »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 22:44:05 »
Have r1, novelties, bars. Would buy Rama enter like I did for NNightmares. Would also buy 1u Rama likely too.

Offline Katsurio

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 23:07:08 »
Are the colors different than R1? Is it just me or do the alphas look lighter than R1?

Offline shoobopper

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 23:07:46 »
I concur that I'd purchase both 1u and 2u RAMA artisans.

Are the colors different than R1? Is it just me or do the alphas look lighter than R1?

Probably just the lighting in the renders. Also:

Nautilus 2 will be using the same colors as the previous round and I have instructed GMK to use the same colors that we had during the first round.
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 January 2020, 23:13:05 by shoobopper »

Offline Suneiv

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 23:21:23 »
Nice.

Will be inn if there is a norde kit.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 03:42:19 »

Same

Unless I’m missing some obscure Mac needs, there is no need for an R3 Command key. Command is where the Windows key goes, next to the Spacebar. Control would replace Caps Lock, not Command.

Makes as much sense as having a R3 1.75 Control on Windows. Mac not only swaps Alt(Option) and Command positions on the bottom row, but uses Command as the default key for most shortcuts.

Core + Mac, please! Can't wait :)

My only wish: White (light blue) legends on Mods as well, the same color as on Alphas.
Just like Nautilius Nightmare (Alphas & Mods legends) :)

I'm not planning to offer alternative modifiers or alphas for this set.

Dark blue tilde and pipe keys in an add-on kit?

Also, what's the point of adding another 1.5 R2 tab and 2.0 R1 backspace key into the Explorer kit?

TBH, these kits don't seem very well thought out to me.

Read the OP:

Code: [Select]
The Explorer add-on kit extends the Core’s layout coverage and provides support for 660-like keyboards (2.25U Shift), standalone numpads (double zero and equals key), Alice-like and split keyboards (split space bars and a second B), 88-key tenkeyless boards (F13) and 60% keyboards with arrows (2.00U and 1.00U shifts).

Additionally, the kit also includes alternative layout modifiers for HHKB, tenkeyless and other standard layouts.

A standard Tab and Backspace key have been included so in conjunction with the Core kit you could re-use the modifiers.

No sextant or diver helmet novelties? I was kinda hoping to see those.

I wasn't super happy with how those turned out and felt annoying to me. I like how the enter key looks like and wanted to do something different fro the second round. I was looking for something subtle and clean that would compliment the submarine enter key, something that wouldn't distract your attention from it and text novelties are perfect for that.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 04:13:03 »
Another vote for Colemak - my R1 caps got cracked so I'd like to replace them :D

(My Ergodox caps got cracked too but no Ergodox kit this time it seems)

Offline Snesu

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 04:29:27 »
Will definetly join in if there is a nordic set.
Would also love to see an alternative font color to yellow for the non alphas.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 February 2020, 13:54:27 by Snesu »

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 04:29:45 »
Another vote for colevrak

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline stevenT

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 04:57:51 »

I wasn't super happy with how those turned out and felt annoying to me. I like how the enter key looks like and wanted to do something different fro the second round. I was looking for something subtle and clean that would compliment the submarine enter key, something that wouldn't distract your attention from it and text novelties are perfect for that.

I believe the symbol(novelty kit) is the signature of a set and people tend to have better image memory than text, maybe you could simplify symbol of novelties to make them less distracted.

Offline Rexcramer

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 06:09:26 »
If it supports the german layout I'm in . Mabye even a Brass ISO enter novelty?  :p :p

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 09:30:05 »
I'm not planning to offer alternative modifiers or alphas for this set.

Respect! :)
I will grab your work as it is!

Offline Cantello

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 10:33:19 »
This in KAT/KAM with Norde support would be gorgeous.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 10:38:35 »

Read the OP:

A standard Tab and Backspace key have been included so in conjunction with the Core kit you could re-use the modifiers.

Re-use the modifiers with what though? With another base? Wouldn't anyone that had a second base already have these keys anyways? With an R1 kit? Wouldn't anyone that had an R1 kit already have these keys anyways? This statement doesn't make a lot of sense.

Additionally, the mod color pipe and tilde are standard on every base (as far as I know) They don't benefit or are required for any of the examples you gave...They're considered base.

Offline kwanlapchan

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 10:47:19 »
I will join 110%, this is my dream set no doubt. The goat set for blue, forget about mizu and striker.

Is there a IC form somewhere in the thread? I can't find it.

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 11:49:00 »

I believe the symbol(novelty kit) is the signature of a set and people tend to have better image memory than text, maybe you could simplify symbol of novelties to make them less distracted.

I super agree here. The nautilus IS the key novelty. If the nautilus was shuffled into the base kit, I wouldn’t mourn the loss of the text novelties. I could be alone here, but I think others may agree!

I’m kicking myself for not planning better for picking up nautilus round 1 or nautilus nightmares (please run nightmares in the future too!). Excited for this to run again!
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 February 2020, 11:51:15 by DrHigsby »

Offline Natac24

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 13:23:32 »
I'd definitely be in if there is nordic keys in some form, be it nordic, norde or international.

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 15:59:22 »

• Explorer kit & Space bars: GMK recently added 3.00C space bars to their catalogue, would you guys want 3.00C?

Yes please. Ideally two. For the optimal Equinox layout.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 16:27:10 »
This in KAT/KAM with Norde support would be gorgeous.

This is a GMK set, not a KAT one.

Read the OP:

Re-use the modifiers with what though? With another base?

Yes, rather than have those keycaps unused.

I will join 110%, this is my dream set no doubt. The goat set for blue, forget about mizu and striker.

Is there a IC form somewhere in the thread? I can't find it.

Use this thread for feedback, otherwise you can join the discord server, or subscribe to the newsletter on the project page.

• Explorer kit & Space bars: GMK recently added 3.00C space bars to their catalogue, would you guys want 3.00C?

Yes please. Ideally two. For the optimal Equinox layout.

My doubt with that layout is that currently there aren't any custom boards that have dedicated 3.00C support (other than Equinox), it would be ideal for split HHKB and Alice-like layouts.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 16:54:30 »

But another Core kit will already have those exact same keys. Those keys are duplicates of caps already included in the Core kit...

Am I missing something here? And if I am missing  something here, what exactly am I missing?

Offline snelltrail

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 19:40:50 »

But another Core kit will already have those exact same keys. Those keys are duplicates of caps already included in the Core kit...

Am I missing something here? And if I am missing  something here, what exactly am I missing?

You could use them together with the alphas from another set / a standalone alphas kit e.g. Hagoromo Alphas from Oblivion, Beige Korean alphas that ran last year, etc.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 19:46:45 »
That may be true, but you’ll still have to make a mod vomit kit to make it work effectively. And if you were going to use all the mods, the second core kit would cover the other alphas.

It still makes no sense to me

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 01 February 2020, 20:10:23 »
ne FAQs avail  :))

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 01:15:35 »
Ne Colevrak?

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk

I don't know, it's a kit that will allways struggle to reach MOQ. How the IC does the following days will determine if I should open the question about that kit.

If I were to make it, the Typist kit would provide layout coverage for Colemak, Colemak DH, Colemak DHM, Dvorak, Workman, Norman, and Carpalx QGMLWY.

If you add the Typist kit, please consider adding these three keycaps:
   • R3 ]} to support Wide mod shown below, which works on all but one supported layout plus QWERTY (not Dvorak).
   • R4 ' " for bare-bones support of Programmer's Dvorak.
   • R3 non-homing U for non-homing Dvorak.  (Non-homing keycaps are already there for all other supported layouts.)

If you aren't using Dvorak, sell the R3 ]} and the R2 ' " to a QWERTY user wanting to run wide mod.
Show Image

For anyone curious, there are more alternative-layout details here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101187.msg2786467#msg2786467

gonna say something unpopular but a typist kit with this won't hit moq. there's already 40-50 alt users that already have a colevrak kit from r1. don't understand why we would get a typist kit with a set that already got one in the past but not with a super hyped set that hasn't offered the kit in the past, like Olivia or modern dolch light?
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2020, 01:17:06 by CodeMayhem »

Offline psxndc

[IC] GMK Nautilus 2
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 01:31:47 »
I don't want to start a thing, but the "Colevrak would be great" and the response from certain members of the community was actually part (just part) of the Olivia++ thread locking debacle, so I don't think it's fair to point to Olivia and say "well it wasn't supported there so it shouldn't be supported here."

Obviously it's up to Z and other GB runners but I think the solve is to say "look Colevrak buyers, missing MOQ a risk and it's your risk to take. If the Colevrak kit doesn't make MOQ, even if it misses by 1, you're SOL. No take backs on the other kits you buy." And then let the market decide.

As to the part about people having it from R1, there's a lot more people in the hobby now that weren't here when R1 ran (*raises hand*) so I don't think it makes sense to automatically discount running it this time.

Again, no ill will towards anyone that doesn't include Colevrak support in their GBs. I totally get the risk and the additional headaches it brings. Just saying that it's worth it to me at least to float the ask in ICs I'm interested in, even if it's ultimately shot down, so I do.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2020, 01:36:59 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 02:08:29 »
I don't want to start a thing, but the "Colevrak would be great" and the response was actually part (just part) of the Olivia++ thread locking debacle, so I don't think it's fair to point to Olivia and say "well it wasn't supported there so it shouldn't be supported here."

Obviously it's up to Z and other GB runners but I think the solve is to say "look Colevrak buyers, missing MOQ a risk and it's your risk to take. If the Colevrak kit doesn't make MOQ, even if it misses by 1, you're SOL. No take backs on the other kits you buy." And then let the market decide.

As to the part about people having it from R1, there's a lot more people in the hobby now that weren't here when R1 ran (*raises hand*) so I don't think it makes sense to automatically discount running it this time.

I don't either and I don't think it shouldn't be offered bc of that, I just think it's a mistake... unless the approach is "hit moq bc we're aren't floating the extras" (bc vendors shouldn't, I saw how many colevrak kits drop didn't sell during yanbos closet)

I feel very strongly that a typist kit offered with a muted/grey-scale set would break 100 kits, but I'm afraid this doesn't have a realistic chance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wasn't in the hobby when r1 happened either but r1 sets that offered it are just at a huge disadvantage, we still have a hard time hitting it on sets that are offering it for the first time.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 05:32:20 »
That may be true, but you’ll still have to make a mod vomit kit to make it work effectively. And if you were going to use all the mods, the second core kit would cover the other alphas.

It still makes no sense to me

The explore kit is an extension of the Core's kit, this is not a standlone kit, it will never be a standalone kit. It provides niche layout support and alternative keycaps for other layouts. Generally, someone would buy the kit because they want a stepped function key, or they have an Alice and want those split spacebars and second B, maybe they own a keyboard with an F13.

Let's say they have covered a TKL or a 65% (which are two of the most popular layouts out there) and this kit didn't have them. With the remaining keys of the combined Core + Explorer kits are not enough and just short of a Tab and Backspace of being able to cover, for instance, the modifiers of another TKL and 65%.

We have a big add-on kit and as a customer, I'd rather have the chance of reusing those mods than having them unused; specially when last year we had a bunch of standalone alpha kits-only group buys that would be unusable without another set.

ne FAQs avail  :))

I wanted to keep the IC a little bit shorter this time. Writing those long FAQs for some of my old ICs was time consuming and not many people checked them. With that being said, I have reserved the first reply for that purpose.

gonna say something unpopular but a typist kit with this won't hit moq. there's already 40-50 alt users that already have a colevrak kit from r1. don't understand why we would get a typist kit with a set that already got one in the past but not with a super hyped set that hasn't offered the kit in the past, like Olivia or modern dolch light?

Just as a side note, both Colemak + Dvorak hit the MOQ of 100 last round, same with the small ISO kit we had and there are many factors why those kits reach MOQ: both kits were small (Colemak and Dvorak was much smaller than MT3 Serika's Typist; International was basically a $30 stripped version of those huge NordeUK kits) the base kit at that time was $100 (including tray, so $5 cheaper than Carbon R1), the novelty aspect of those kits paired with a set that was cheaper than what people expected it to be.

Typist and International are kits that have tradionally struggled to reach MOQ. Having issues with those two kits on top of 3 extension kits would be really hard for the vendors and I don't want that to happen. No one can guarantee that this set will have the perfect scenario where all the extension kits are well over their MOQ and these two kits are close to hit MOQ.

Knowing that this are two kits that quite often require the aid of vendors, customers that generously buy more kits than they'd like and even GMK making the kit despite not hitting the MOQ, I have to be cautious with these and for that reason, I decided that I wouldn't be offering they Typist kit at first, and even with the ISOkit, currently it's just the UK one because I'm not sure if there's enough interest for this set.

And if to be frank, given how the IC has started and how it's doing, I don't think we are at the levels of a super hyped set that could allow itself to be more permissive with kits.

Offline Ultimatum

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 07:58:22 »
More novelty keys plz.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 08:30:27 »
More novelty keys plz.

More novelties will make the kit more expensive than what I'd like it to be.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 12:59:50 »
Ne Colevrak?

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk

I don't know, it's a kit that will allways struggle to reach MOQ. How the IC does the following days will determine if I should open the question about that kit.

If I were to make it, the Typist kit would provide layout coverage for Colemak, Colemak DH, Colemak DHM, Dvorak, Workman, Norman, and Carpalx QGMLWY.

If you add the Typist kit, please consider adding these three keycaps:
   • R3 ]} to support Wide mod shown below, which works on all but one supported layout plus QWERTY (not Dvorak).
   • R4 ' " for bare-bones support of Programmer's Dvorak.
   • R3 non-homing U for non-homing Dvorak.  (Non-homing keycaps are already there for all other supported layouts.)

If you aren't using Dvorak, sell the R3 ]} and the R2 ' " to a QWERTY user wanting to run wide mod.
Show Image

For anyone curious, there are more alternative-layout details here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101187.msg2786467#msg2786467

Thanks CodeMayhem for your helpful comment. I didn't realize that getting a Colevrak kit for Nautilus was as simple as getting into a time machine.

I mighy have used Nautilus 2 alphas to put blue Dvorak legends onto blue GMK builds like Striker and Calm Depths, but that's out now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 February 2020, 13:29:40 by equalunique »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 13:34:58 »
Thanks CodeMayhem for your helpful comment. I didn't realize that getting a Colevrak kit for Nautilus was as simple as getting into a time machine.

I mighy have used Nautilus 2 alphas to put blue Dvorak legends onto blue GMK builds like Striker and Calm Depths, but that's out now.

He probably mentioned it because you might be able to get one of those kits second hand on /r/mm, classifieds or some mechanical-keyboard related discord.

Offline lookid

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 13:52:08 »
Home / End for R2 / R3?
And Home for R3? Some people use it on 65% or 75%
VB

Offline sonicdoooom

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 14:18:58 »
Home / End for R2 / R3?

^^ Only keys I'd be missing on my NK 65 layout. Please add!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 14:39:45 »
Home / End for R2 / R3?

Core + Explorer already have the R3 Home:

R2: Page up
R3: Page Dn, Home, Page Up
R4: End, Page Dn

I wasn't thinking about adding R2 Home and R3 End since there's already quite a decent number of options for the 65% strip.

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 20:21:09 »
YES OMGWARD!!!!!! THANK YOU SIR ZAMBUMON

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 22:20:41 »
More novelty keys plz.

Why not at least one r1 novelty? Many folks like to change their Esc to a novelty 1u key.

Pretty please? How much more money can one more 1u novelty add to the cost?

Offline lookid

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 02:18:46 »
Home / End for R2 / R3?

Core + Explorer already have the R3 Home:

R2: Page up
R3: Page Dn, Home, Page Up
R4: End, Page Dn

I wasn't thinking about adding R2 Home and R3 End since there's already quite a decent number of options for the 65% strip.

Well, I found R3 Home key, but still personally I need Home for R2 and End for R3
And I know some people who used this keys.

For example, Mito in his sets always use this keys (laser, pulse etc.)
Dracula has both of them too (it one of all reasons why I bought it)

So, may be this 2 keys can go to explorer kit?
I'm definetely in for Nautilus, but can it be more covering if compare with first run?
VB

Offline Cantello

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 02:34:45 »
Novelties for ISO please.

Offline bliss

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 05:48:30 »
Dreams do become true sometimes...

For me, the Nautilus novelty is obligatory. Hence, with the current mockup, the ISO variant simply falls flat in my planning.

I see a competition between
  • Novelties,
  • RAMA, and
  • ISO
IMO getting the current novelties kit is not warranted for ISO, and I suspect ISO demand will be weakened. On the ANSI side, the incentive to get novelties in addition to the RAMA cap might not be great, as it again effectively adds "just" the text novelties.

Novelties:
I would add a top row 1u novelty and an ISO enter Nautilus novelty. Then it would make more sense to get both Novelties and RAMA/ISO :thumb:

ISO
As GB runner, I would pick the variant that is more likely to reach MOQ. I personally would be fine with all ISO variants, but as explained, I'd currently pick ANSI

As it is at the moment, I would get base + novelties or RAMA + spaces.

All in all a wonderful opportunity, thank you Sir!
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 February 2020, 05:50:01 by bliss »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 10:56:27 »
More novelty keys plz.

Why not at least one r1 novelty? Many folks like to change their Esc to a novelty 1u key.

Pretty please? How much more money can one more 1u novelty add to the cost?

Let me wait until I get the quotes for the kits we have here first. Ideally, I'd like to have the Novelties kit under $30 or $35 at 250 MOQ. And based on the quotes and the interest on this set, I will try to adjust accordingy.

Novelties for ISO please.

I don't think I will add an ISO-enter novelty.

Well, I found R3 Home key, but still personally I need Home for R2 and End for R3
And I know some people who used this keys.

For example, Mito in his sets always use this keys (laser, pulse etc.)
Dracula has both of them too (it one of all reasons why I bought it)

So, may be this 2 keys can go to explorer kit?
I'm definetely in for Nautilus, but can it be more covering if compare with first run?

Fair enough, I will think about it. And just for future reference, what I won't be adding (for sure) would be R2, R3, R4 Insert and Deletes. I think we have to draw the line with the Home and End.

Offline botchm

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 14:03:01 »
Interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline neutralstate

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 03 February 2020, 22:09:06 »
Interested, thanks for bringing this back

Offline coffeeshopcoder

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 01:33:57 »
Nice ! I’d like the submarine themed Rama enter !!
Blue Lume this time ???

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 03:58:27 »
We really don't need every combination of keys that people use in the right column of a 65, blowing out kit sizes, yeah.

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 11:34:43 »
We really don't need every combination of keys that people use in the right column of a 65, blowing out kit sizes, yeah.

Maybe add some R2 and R3 1u novelties? I like to use a novelty for a key when I don't have another keycap that matches whatever function I want the key to have. That could be a compromise so as not to inflate the size of the base kit with keys most people won't use, and I don't think anyone getting the novelties set would complain about having a couple extra novelty caps for other rows. At least I wouldn't. Idk just a thought.

Offline lookid

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 15:12:35 »
Fair enough, I will think about it. And just for future reference, what I won't be adding (for sure) would be R2, R3, R4 Insert and Deletes. I think we have to draw the line with the Home and End.

Agree with this. "Home" and "End" is enough for this keyset, no any necessary to add more "Insert" and "Delete" - they're too much in some keysets, but they're really uncommon keys.
I believe that you can put this keys into Nautilus set when most other people choosing standard keys for their keysets.

Actually, sometimes I think that "PgUp" and "PgDn" are uncommon too and I'd prefer to see more "Home" and "End" keys for different rows instead of "Insert", "Del", "PgUp" and "PgDn".
But it's only my opinion, of course.
VB

Offline sonicdoooom

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 15:57:01 »

Maybe add some R2 and R3 1u novelties? I like to use a novelty for a key when I don't have another keycap that matches whatever function I want the key to have. That could be a compromise so as not to inflate the size of the base kit with keys most people won't use, and I don't think anyone getting the novelties set would complain about having a couple extra novelty caps for other rows. At least I wouldn't. Idk just a thought.

This is the correct option. That's what novelties are for...

Offline amirhosein

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 16:01:03 »
We are not worthy.

Offline Novuna

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 16:51:23 »
Definitely interested!

+1 for having the old novelties as opposed to text-based novelties.

Thanks for the hard work Zambumon
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 February 2020, 16:59:14 by Novuna »

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 17:51:06 »

Agree with this. "Home" and "End" is enough for this keyset, no any necessary to add more "Insert" and "Delete" - they're too much in some keysets, but they're really uncommon keys.
I believe that you can put this keys into Nautilus set when most other people choosing standard keys for their keysets.

Actually, sometimes I think that "PgUp" and "PgDn" are uncommon too and I'd prefer to see more "Home" and "End" keys for different rows instead of "Insert", "Del", "PgUp" and "PgDn".
But it's only my opinion, of course.

Let us all remember that sets do need Delete on R2 (TKL and full size) and R1 (75%, 65% and some 1800-like layouts).  :thumb: