Author Topic: [GB] GMK Mika - GB Ended -> Submitting to manufacturers  (Read 11328 times)

Offline waynexu

• My website
[GB] GMK Mika - GB Ended -> Submitting to manufacturers
« on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 11:52:17 »
GMK MiKa

This keyset design is inspired by the one and only Mika, the Shiba Inu princess.
This little foxy girl is the sole inspiration behind the yellow, white, and black color scheme.
This cute but stubborn doggie has been like a ray of sunshine brightening people's lives.
So this keyset is dedicated to Mika and all of you dog lovers out there. We hope this keyset brings you joy.

Expected shipping: Q4 2022

GB Live from 9.10 - 10.10

Base - $129.00 USD

Novelties - $39.00 USD

Spacebars - $25.00 USD

Numpad - $39.00 USD

Light Deskmat - $19.00 USD

Dark Deskmat - $19.00 USD

Thok Artisan - $59.00 USD

Monokei Artisan - $39.00 USD

Asero Artisan - $59.00 USD

Swift Cables collab sold on their website

Board Renders

« Last Edit: Thu, 21 October 2021, 13:10:06 by waynexu »

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
Re: [GB] GMK Mika - Groupbuy Live!!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 13:22:57 »
That $130 pricetag is a real shame, but the set is really cute. Also, looking at the IC page, is this still three custom colors? I realize this is too late but this could've easily been two stock colors one custom color.

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 13:24:34 »
That $130 pricetag is a real shame, but the set is really cute. Also, looking at the IC page, is this still three custom colors? I realize this is too late but this could've easily been two stock colors one custom color.

Yes it is 3 custom colors.

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 14:04:24 »

For clarity purpose, I don’t decide pricing for each vendor, I only suggest pricing based on GMK quote which also has gone up in pricing, they ultimately have the right to make a decision about their pricing, and at this time not all my vendors set the same price for base.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 18:14:24 »
3 custom colors?
I feel this just needed 1.

I'll join in for the Thok which is super cute, but 130$ for such a small base kit does seem a bit much.
Not sure how much using stock colors would have lowered the price, but looking at the base kit I expected 110$ max.

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 22:01:24 »
3 custom colors?
I feel this just needed 1.

I'll join in for the Thok which is super cute, but 130$ for such a small base kit does seem a bit much.
Not sure how much using stock colors would have lowered the price, but looking at the base kit I expected 110$ max.

Completely understand your point, I would also want this to be cheaper if possible since I myself would mostly likely be buying a lot of my own sets, unfortunately regional pricing is also largely dependent on the vendor so I did not have full say in this. GMK prices and quotes are now a lot more expensive than usual and vendors took those into consideration when making their own pricing. Still I appreciate your love and hope you enjoy your thok artisan!

Offline Klyback

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 03:47:58 »
Orange is underrated imo and I really like this set. However, $168 for a full base kit (base + Numpad) is too much to ask for imo. GMK Terror Below base kit is $135, running now and using custom colors as well. I can't see why this is $33 more expensive. 

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 11:06:24 »
Orange is underrated imo and I really like this set. However, $168 for a full base kit (base + Numpad) is too much to ask for imo. GMK Terror Below base kit is $135, running now and using custom colors as well. I can't see why this is $33 more expensive.

Unfortunately it does not work as simple as adding the 2 numbers together.GMK’s quotes are always on the higher side for numpadless base kit.

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 September 2021, 11:55:11 »
Added Cable Collaboration with RNCables. Link

Offline Dinerenblanc

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 02:09:56 »
Dope colorway

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 02:13:48 »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 16:01:48 »

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 16:03:26 »
Show Image

Thanks a ton for making the graph! :)

Offline baka jiken

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 19:57:17 »

Offline Dinerenblanc

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 03:58:27 »
This set deserves more support

Offline ctrl+shift+n

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 16:24:57 »
Lets gooo!

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 17:08:39 »
This set deserves more support
Lets gooo!

Thanks to yall for the support and love! Truly appreciate it!

Offline LuckyOokami

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 16:21:30 »
Newbie here and just starting diving into this whole scene a couple days ago due to a friend.

It might be too late, but I have a question regarding the design of the Thok metal artisan keycap. Looking at your pictures of Mika and my own Shiba (her name is Holo and she is a 2 year old "red"), it doesn't seem like there is a "red"/tan outline that goes around the the whole nose and mouth. It is the top of the nose and and back towards the eyes and the rest is white fur. Current art looks slightly off to me in my opinion. Do you think it would look better without the "red"/tan outline and just have the black nose/mouth and pinkish red tongue?

Other than that, this is really awesome! I would love to get this, but it doesn't match the rest of the black stuff setup I have (black mouse, black mouse pad, etc.). I might have to get a white keyboard just for this. Similar to what is shown in your renders.

Side note: One of Holo's sisters (black and tan) is named Mika!
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 September 2021, 16:29:58 by LuckyOokami »

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 17:48:41 »
It might be too late, but I have a question regarding the design of the Thok metal artisan keycap. Looking at your pictures of Mika and my own Shiba (her name is Holo and she is a 2 year old "red"), it doesn't seem like there is a "red"/tan outline that goes around the the whole nose and mouth. It is the top of the nose and and back towards the eyes and the rest is white fur. Current art looks slightly off to me in my opinion. Do you think it would look better without the "red"/tan outline and just have the black nose/mouth and pinkish red tongue?

Generally, once a GB has started, the designs are locked in. Kinda unfair for those who have put their money down already to have the designs altered (potentially to something they don't like)
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 September 2021, 18:26:21 by _rubik »
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #19 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 18:03:22 »
Newbie here and just starting diving into this whole scene a couple days ago due to a friend.

Other than that, this is really awesome! I would love to get this, but it doesn't match the rest of the black stuff setup I have (black mouse, black mouse pad, etc.). I might have to get a white keyboard just for this. Similar to what is shown in your renders.

Side note: One of Holo's sisters (black and tan) is named Mika!

Hi there! Glad you like this set, unfortunately the thok design is locked in, this is manufactured using a new process which can show 3 colors and it would make the process a bit more complicated to make the yellow part disappear. On another note, I would recommend a silver anodized, e-white board or polycarb board to go with this set, it would look stunning on those!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 05:33:24 »
Hey, who did the renders for this set? Also, GLWGB, cute set!

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 11:57:21 »
Hey, who did the renders for this set? Also, GLWGB, cute set!

Thanks appreciate it, I did the tenders for it myself! :cool:

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 13:18:38 »

Offline Quni

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 03:54:32 »
Hey there! Really nice set, GLWGB. Will the artisan ship before Q4 2022 if purchased alone?

Offline Dinerenblanc

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 12:30:50 »
Hey there! Really nice set, GLWGB. Will the artisan ship before Q4 2022 if purchased alone?

If you purchase just the artisan or purchase it separately from set, it'll ship out earlier.

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 11:29:09 »
Good news everyone, looks like we will be hitting MOQ on everything except Asero collaboration. Thanks to you all for joining the groupbuy!! Final numbers will be updated soon!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 18:04:33 »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 13:04:36 »

Offline waynexu

• My website
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 13:09:39 »
Thanks everyone for the love and support, this project could not have succeeded without your help! We will be submitting order to GMK and other manufacturers and in the mean time I will keep all of you posted for updates! Once again thanks a ton!