Author Topic: [Shipping] Calm Depths [Please claim any unreceived orders!]  (Read 393620 times)

Offline input

• My Keyboard Photos
Re: [Shipping] Calm Depths
« Reply #1000 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 03:18:27 »
I forgot if I'm still on the list for this.

Did I need to pay separate shipping?

From post #2 - latin00032 - PAID

Shipping was included in the buy
Daily drivers: Filco w/ browns @ home and work (w/ o-rings), Home coding: 1987 IBM Model M + other random keyboarding goodies.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1001 on: Sun, 02 March 2014, 20:46:38 »
I forgot if I'm still on the list for this.

Did I need to pay separate shipping?

From post #2 - latin00032 - PAID

Shipping was included in the buy

Ok. Thanks.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1002 on: Mon, 03 March 2014, 11:18:42 »
Chinese play soy sauce pass by

WTF is up with these posts in every 2nd thread?!

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #1003 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 06:03:06 »

I'm guessing spam.  They've since been removed...except for the one that SpAmRaY has in his signature. :)) :))

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1004 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 06:22:47 »

I'm guessing spam.  They've since been removed...except for the one that SpAmRaY has in his signature. :)) :))

LOL

At least Ray pays tribute to fellow spammers  :p

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
« Reply #1005 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 13:38:21 »
Just wondering, are there any extras for this keyset?

Offline skuko

« Reply #1006 on: Tue, 04 March 2014, 15:50:10 »
i may be selling mine when they arrive, tested SA profile meanwhile, not truly loving it....

Offline Kouni

« Reply #1007 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:17:48 »
The keys arrived this morning. I am amazed at the size of these things.
The colors are exactly what I expected them to be, so blue, so pretty. I'm finding it a little harder to type on a full SA board, the keys feel closer together than on Cherry profile. But given the difference I'm willing to admit I may need a little time to adapt.

Potato shots :

Yeah I have a pseudo-azerty layout going.   ;D

Offline shrapneL

« Reply #1008 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 14:20:20 »
These pics are making me so jealous!! I want my set :(
hello.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1009 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 17:21:07 »
These pics are making me so jealous!! I want my set :(

Yeah I know how you feel  :)) .  I've got Filcos that are desperately waiting for this key-set and it looks superb.  This would be the FIRST Blue coloured set released to us and well worth the purchase.

Just have to be man enough to wait and be patient, just like being on the mines, you see ugly smelly men all day and you dream of returning home to the mrs and getting some much needed R&R  :thumb: .

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1010 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 20:18:52 »
i may be selling mine when they arrive, tested SA profile meanwhile, not truly loving it....

Yeah, the colorway is fantastic (I had a few in my crap bag).  Too bad about the profile.  Some people love it though.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1011 on: Wed, 05 March 2014, 20:22:04 »

Why do you not like them? Is the tall profile?

Offline tbc

« Reply #1012 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 02:07:58 »
EDIT: wrong topic
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 March 2014, 02:26:24 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1013 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 03:00:17 »
So nice, impatient to get it :p
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1014 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 04:14:23 »
Yeah, the colorway is fantastic (I had a few in my crap bag).  Too bad about the profile.  Some people love it though.

Poor child, little does he know that there were more people who signed up for this than current Group Buys running  :thumb: .  Hence it means this Profile and Colour-way has struck a chord with people's interest.  Of course you'll have moaners but that's life in general.  You can't expect universal love for this but you definitely won't get any hate either.

Just waiting patiently for mine to turn up, because they will be framed beautifully into some choice Filco's.  Thank you BunnyLake for making this happen buddy  ;D .

Offline skuko

« Reply #1015 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 06:34:25 »

Why do you not like them? Is the tall profile?

yeah

Offline mr. rampage

« Reply #1016 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 08:59:04 »
Holy crap! Those keycaps look huge. Been using DSA for the past year, so don't know how I'll adjust to these. Anyway, looking forward to testing these out. They look amazing.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1017 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 09:08:10 »
Elrick, why are you always so condescending to those who disagree with you? 

As for the success of this group buy, it could have been the colorway, it could have been the profile, it could have been many things.  In this case I'm guessing it was the color way that sold it.  Commando only hit numbers in the upper 70s or 80s and different SA sets do better and others do worse than that.  Bunny never released specific numbers on Penumbra, but I don't think it did as well as this set either.

My comment was just saying that I personally dislike the profile and commiserating with skuko over the profile because the colorway is great.  I love seeing any group buy successful, regardless of the details and my own personal preferences. I fully acknowledged that some people love the profile.  I don't get it, but everyone's tastes are different and I was glad to see the GB succeed.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1018 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 09:18:04 »
Elrick, why are you always so condescending to those who disagree with you? 

As for the success of this group buy, it could have been the colorway, it could have been the profile, it could have been many things.  In this case I'm guessing it was the color way that sold it.  Commando only hit numbers in the upper 70s or 80s and different SA sets do better and others do worse than that.  Bunny never released specific numbers on Penumbra, but I don't think it did as well as this set either.

My comment was just saying that I personally dislike the profile and commiserating with skuko over the profile because the colorway is great.  I love seeing any group buy successful, regardless of the details and my own personal preferences. I fully acknowledged that some people love the profile.  I don't get it, but everyone's tastes are different and I was glad to see the GB succeed.

i thin ka lot of the success of this buy had to do with the timing, SA was the hot word for a couple of months, and this snuck into the early part of that window perfectly

as for penumbra, it did about 150 sets, which i think did good considering it was launched in a sea of other SA buys at the time as well as sharing a buy period with round 5

my personal feelings on SA are it isnt for me, i think the quality is great and all, but its just not my thing, but i totally see why others like it

i guess i just fell into this trap myself but i think too many people associate thickness and quality being the same thing

the quality of these caps is no different from dcs or dsa, the moulds are different but the same material is used and the same standards are met, sa caps just happen to be thick

i like thick caps, but i dont like the height profile of SA, and i dont like a cap just because its thick

not trying to sway any opinions etc, everyone has different tastes, and i can certainly see why this style of cap hits home with many people
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1019 on: Thu, 06 March 2014, 19:27:14 »
the quality of these caps is no different from dcs or dsa, the moulds are different but the same material is used and the same standards are met, sa caps just happen to be thick

i like thick caps, but i dont like the height profile of SA, and i dont like a cap just because its thick

not trying to sway any opinions etc, everyone has different tastes, and i can certainly see why this style of cap hits home with many people

After using SA profile for a month now I can't go back to using the dreaded DCS rubbish ever again.  That is why now I have to pull out of all DCS Group Buys because I'm not in love with them anymore.

For myself I found my sweetheart and it's BIG, large and very beautiful to me.  Couldn't care less about any other adverse opinions because it's just that and nothing more.  Sorry for those who seem to like DCS so much but your choice is rank and shouldn't be promoted in any way.

Even if this is the LAST SA profile ever made (which I know it isn't because Honeywell is still coming for me) I am content to never buy another key-set again, which means the moolah goes into other interests in my life which is wide and varied.

Life's too short to make apologies any more, about anything.  Hence none shall be given  8) .

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1020 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 02:52:05 »
Has anyone here in Germany got their caps yet?

Offline skuko

« Reply #1021 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 03:50:40 »
i like the profile, even though i only have the Filco Sphericals at home (didn't get these yet and the Penumbra is not out yet as well), but i don't like it for gaming (which is my primary use). they're too tall and put way too much strain on my left wrist (WASD) when used without a wrist rest. when i use a wrist rest, the use of the last two rows (shift and ctrl) becomes uncomfortable for me - this is on a filco.

so far my best experience was with DSA.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1022 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 08:12:16 »

After using SA profile for a month now I can't go back to using the dreaded DCS rubbish ever again.  That is why now I have to pull out of all DCS Group Buys because I'm not in love with them anymore.

For myself I found my sweetheart and it's BIG, large and very beautiful to me.  Couldn't care less about any other adverse opinions because it's just that and nothing more.  Sorry for those who seem to like DCS so much but your choice is rank and shouldn't be promoted in any way.

Even if this is the LAST SA profile ever made (which I know it isn't because Honeywell is still coming for me) I am content to never buy another key-set again, which means the moolah goes into other interests in my life which is wide and varied.

Life's too short to make apologies any more, about anything.  Hence none shall be given  8) .

Preach it, brother!   :thumb:

Offline Kouni

« Reply #1023 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 08:43:32 »
Just tried the set with a white case. It is glorious.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1024 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 08:46:45 »

Show Image

Awesome! Everything about this set is oversized and unapologetic. Dem arrows!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1025 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 08:58:28 »
Looking good!

Offline Yslen

« Reply #1026 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 10:21:01 »

Show Image

I was confused by this until it clicked that you probably didn't buy the set for that board! I missed the GB, were there options for 7x space and 1.5 mods? Looking good though :)

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1027 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 11:43:54 »
one thing i noticed after getting a ton of Calm Depths junk in my SP crap bags, is that Calm Depths is similar to the Filco Spherical SP run in that it is ALL Smooth with no texture on caps which is different from Commando, Commando has texture on almost all the keys except some random things jil couldnt help like the deep dish, backspace, and R2 1.5x on the ergodox. I kind of like texture when i type but I can't really say the all smooth thing is bad until i actually get a full keyboard of it.

Offline Kouni

« Reply #1028 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 12:49:21 »
I was confused by this until it clicked that you probably didn't buy the set for that board! I missed the GB, were there options for 7x space and 1.5 mods? Looking good though :)
Yeah no there was no such option, I was just curious to mix and match.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1029 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 17:17:41 »

Show Image

Awesome! Everything about this set is oversized and unapologetic. Dem arrows!

You better believe it.  This key-set is only for those that appreciate BIG, overly shaped fingers that need something to hit hard when typing.  If you're limp-wristed then look elsewhere these are not for you.

This is what the SA Profile brings you, Cadillac Sized Keys for Maximum Enjoyment .

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #1030 on: Fri, 07 March 2014, 18:08:52 »
You better believe it.  This key-set is only for those that appreciate BIG, overly shaped fingers that need something to hit hard when typing.  If you're limp-wristed then look elsewhere these are not for you.

This is what the SA Profile brings you, Cadillac Sized Keys for Maximum Enjoyment .
I'm seriously considering redoing my ergodox plan thusly: Buy the 120g springs from Spirit's FaceW gb, and some blues from MK, and thus make super-greens to match these keys.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Mr. Perfect

« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:24:00 »
one thing i noticed after getting a ton of Calm Depths junk in my SP crap bags

Hold on, SP is doing grab bags again? Do they list them on their site?
Mr. Perfect - A name fraught with peril.

G80-8113HRBUS MX Clears, FC200R MX Clears, RK-9000v2 MX Blues.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1032 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:28:00 »
one thing i noticed after getting a ton of Calm Depths junk in my SP crap bags

Hold on, SP is doing grab bags again? Do they list them on their site?

They sold out fairly quickly.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #1033 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 08:47:25 »

I feel the same way.   I like my keycaps how I like my women.  Big, thick, and tall, with plenty of space to put my fingers on.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1034 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 10:47:16 »
good news guys, the replacement keys will be finished and shipped to us on thursday, once we have them we will get this turned around asap

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1035 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 14:34:47 »
good news guys, the replacement keys will be finished and shipped to us on thursday, once we have them we will get this turned around asap

Sweet!  Thanks!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1036 on: Mon, 10 March 2014, 18:48:26 »

Geez, running the TOXIC behemoth, Geekhack Key EXTRAVAGANZA, PENUMBRA and RAINDROP (sorry if I missed any out) and you're also running this train as well.

I can't believe what you've done to yourself here.  If everything goes to plan you actually might be the FIRST person to achieve the MOST amount of concurrent group buys running at the same time, here on Geekhack.

How do you do it BunnyLake without taking any extra pick-me ups (legal or illegal)?

Offline nexus

« Reply #1037 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 11:51:49 »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1038 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 11:56:50 »
Show Image

yeah im excited to get this done and the keys out my house hehe, the extra keys have shipped, just waiting on them to arrive to raccoon, not sure if i mentioned this but i ordered a little surprise for everyone who has waited so long

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #1039 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 11:58:51 »
Show Image

yeah im excited to get this done and the keys out my house hehe, the extra keys have shipped, just waiting on them to arrive to raccoon, not sure if i mentioned this but i ordered a little surprise for everyone who has waited so long

yaay bunny surprise!

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #1040 on: Tue, 18 March 2014, 13:07:39 »
Show Image

yaay bunny surprise!

GASP WE'RE ALL GETTING BUNNIES?!?!?! :eek:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1041 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 19:02:29 »
finally

the new keys have arrived to us

shipping about to commence

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1042 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 19:06:16 »
do you folks want a pic of the little gift i got everyone or to wait and get the surprise

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1043 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 19:13:01 »
YES!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1044 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 19:29:49 »
YES!

You can't answer yes to an or question.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1045 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 19:44:30 »
do you folks want a pic of the little gift i got everyone or to wait and get the surprise

I want to see it now, but you should keep it as a surprise

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1046 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 19:55:00 »
ok so ill spill

so to say sorry to everyone for the delay

i got you all a matching geekhack cap

because, what keyset is complete without one