Author Topic: [Shipping] Calm Depths [Please claim any unreceived orders!]  (Read 391804 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: [Shipping] Calm Depths
« Reply #1100 on: Tue, 08 April 2014, 20:09:40 »
the fact that there is a caps lock, also 1.75 key, is the correct profile (row 3 spans 3 rows in this setup) means the shift could have been the correct profile, obviously something happened

I would say that could be due to the inexperience of the group buy initiator.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1101 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 06:05:40 »
will tracking numbers be provided for this when orders do go out?

---

My set arrived and looks like all keys are present and accounted for as long as the numpad 9 and 6 are actually the same key. My only small gripe is the tsangan 1.75x shift is the wrong profile. Other than that the set looks awesome and I am excited to use it.

Show Image

Going to put it on a TKL right now actually:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

that sucks about that shift, that means i cant use it with the layout i wanted to use it with, would look too funky.
commando didn't have that issue and obviously given there is a caps lock key it couldn't be a manufacturer limitation. not bunny's fault though, i guess I should just be happy to get the set in general.

----

one thing i notice about this set that is very obvious compared to commando is that commando has texture on almost all the keys except just a few where it was not possible and it calm depths and others like prenumbra do not have any texture, all the keys are slick.  I'm sure the lack of texture makes a difference for some people, maybe even me. never heard this brought up or any reason given why commando has texture and all other SA sets even the Filco-run SP SA set is slick all over.

so the texturing is an option you can choose with sa

as for the shift key, im not sure what the deal is with that

i really cant use SA, so i didnt really use the set at all when i got it,  what i did notice right away is a bunch of really odd things, keys that should be there that werent and keys that i cant imagine anyone wanting that were

i picked this buy up after production had finished, like all of you i was just someone who bought into it, i really have done my best to fix this up and get it into a usable set and we are now getting it out to people

the buy has already cost me a fair amount of personal money, and its gonna cost me more than i was given to ship this buy out

i think when calm started this buy he didnt realize it would get so big, on top of that, i think he was trying to take input form everyone and he just didnt have enough experience with both groupbuys as well as keyboard layouts, i dont think any of the errors with this set are intentional, and calm clearly put a ton of work into this, i think perhaps he just listened to and took advice from the wrong people during several stages of this gb

let me get these sets out, and in peoples hands, see what issues come up, if its just the 1.75 shift, ill get that fixed, ill just order them with whatever i next order from sp

again i wanna clarify, i think calm put a ton of work into this, some inexperience and bad advice have led to some issues, and im doing my best to work with what ive been left with, this was literally meant to take a few days of my time, the idea was to have it sent to us so we could quickly ship this over a couple of days, thats what i signed up for and took on, and its become a ton of work and is holding up other buys and projects we are working on, we are doing our best guys
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #1102 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 07:50:29 »

i really cant use SA, so i didnt really use the set at all when i got it,  what i did notice right away is a bunch of really odd things, keys that should be there that werent and keys that i cant imagine anyone wanting that were

i picked this buy up after production had finished, like all of you i was just someone who bought into it, i really have done my best to fix this up and get it into a usable set and we are now getting it out to people

the buy has already cost me a fair amount of personal money, and its gonna cost me more than i was given to ship this buy out

i think when calm started this buy he didnt realize it would get so big, on top of that, i think he was trying to take input form everyone and he just didnt have enough experience with both groupbuys as well as keyboard layouts, i dont think any of the errors with this set are intentional, and calm clearly put a ton of work into this, i think perhaps he just listened to and took advice from the wrong people during several stages of this gb

let me get these sets out, and in peoples hands, see what issues come up, if its just the 1.75 shift, ill get that fixed, ill just order them with whatever i next order from sp

again i wanna clarify, i think calm put a ton of work into this, some inexperience and bad advice have led to some issues, and im doing my best to work with what ive been left with, this was literally meant to take a few days of my time, the idea was to have it sent to us so we could quickly ship this over a couple of days, thats what i signed up for and took on, and its become a ton of work and is holding up other buys and projects we are working on, we are doing our best guys

Another fundraiser?
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1103 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 07:51:26 »

Another fundraiser?

no more fundraising haha

people paid for their sets, they will get them, im just doing my best to make them correct

Offline jalli

« Reply #1104 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 09:00:16 »
Thanks agaiń Bunny for organizing this and picking up where Calm had to leave off.

Personally I think you are right and the best thing we can do is get everything shipped, once everything is shipped we can document any discrepancies and change requests and see if we figure something out.

Another fundraiser?

no more fundraising haha

people paid for their sets, they will get them, im just doing my best to make them correct
Antonia

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #1105 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 22:03:27 »
Awwww, I didn't get the laminated paper showing the different keys that daniel apparently got. All I got were bags of keys in a generic cardboard box.

Sorry for the bad lighting in the photo, I get back from work late.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1106 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 22:08:16 »
Awwww, I didn't get the laminated paper showing the different keys that daniel apparently got. All I got were bags of keys in a generic cardboard box.

You can download and print one of those out see this post http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36712.msg901321#msg901321

techkeys.us used to sell them

Offline nomaded

« Reply #1107 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 22:35:37 »

I have to ask - what's with the blank keys on the home row? Are those the deep dish gamer keys?
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #1108 on: Wed, 09 April 2014, 23:02:46 »

I have to ask - what's with the blank keys on the home row? Are those the deep dish gamer keys?

They are the deep dish gamer keys. At the end of the ordering period, they were like 5-7 bucks for a set of 8. They do feel pretty deep compared to the regular flatter keys. Another user said he was using them because they reminded him of the home row on the Kinesis keyboards (I think, god it was a long time ago). So I went with his idea and got a set too. Feels really nice to anchor the fingers after typing words/sentences.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1109 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 05:00:04 »
I thought bunny didn't officially start shipping these, yet?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1110 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 07:30:59 »

we just started to officially send them

Offline nomaded

« Reply #1111 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 20:09:59 »
They are the deep dish gamer keys. At the end of the ordering period, they were like 5-7 bucks for a set of 8. They do feel pretty deep compared to the regular flatter keys. Another user said he was using them because they reminded him of the home row on the Kinesis keyboards (I think, god it was a long time ago). So I went with his idea and got a set too. Feels really nice to anchor the fingers after typing words/sentences.

Yeah, I figured that's why they were the home row keys. I think I ordered a few for similar reasons. It's been too long ago for me to exactly remember why I ordered what I did :). It's just that with your photo, it was hard to tell if they were deep dish compared to the other keys. Thanks for the info.

Definitely looking forward to receiving my set.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #1112 on: Thu, 10 April 2014, 21:18:00 »

Yeah, I figured that's why they were the home row keys. I think I ordered a few for similar reasons. It's been too long ago for me to exactly remember why I ordered what I did :). It's just that with your photo, it was hard to tell if they were deep dish compared to the other keys. Thanks for the info.

Definitely looking forward to receiving my set.

Sorry for the crappy photo but my camera is real cheap and only comes with 7 megapixels. But I don't really think that the deep dish keys are that different from the regular ones. I feel as if the dish is only carved in by a couple of millimeters. When I'm looking at the keys, they really don't appear to be that different. But the couple of mm really do make a difference on tactility and my fingertips can definitely tell the difference.

Offline bupsthename

« Reply #1113 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 17:30:11 »
Got mine! They look great. Now my only issue is figuring out which arrows are which because I'm an idiot.

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #1114 on: Fri, 11 April 2014, 23:39:57 »

we just started to officially send them

any way to spend a little cash your way to get my order out faster?
(Xender) and size probably matters
(Xender) but dont quote me on that
(Xender) and i just realized what i said

Offline Kouni

« Reply #1115 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 05:46:28 »
Got mine! They look great. Now my only issue is figuring out which arrows are which because I'm an idiot.

Haha yeah I spent some figuring it out too. But now I'm using the deep dish gamer keys instead anyways.  :p

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #1116 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 09:11:20 »
Got mine wed or Thursday. I had to piece it together in two sittings. Thought it only came in grey function keys. When I saw the blue keys I had to walk away, couldn't wrap my head around which color I wanted to use!  Had issues with the spacebar but hit it with mech lube and it's perfect.

Thanks Bunny and Calm. Great work!

Offline vierax

« Reply #1117 on: Sat, 12 April 2014, 17:08:05 »
If I remember well, the UP key is Row3 and others are Row4, am I right ?

Offline lewi

« Reply #1118 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 09:24:27 »
how's going?
i can't waiting anymore..
it's really awesome! :)

Offline cassist

« Reply #1119 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 18:25:31 »
Greetings from Canada! Excuse the poor photo  :D
61155-0
plu ml87, poker2

Offline jalli

« Reply #1120 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 21:06:02 »
Uhh ohh Canada is shipping, woot!

(Attachment Link)
Antonia

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #1121 on: Wed, 16 April 2014, 21:06:44 »
(Attachment Link)

SA looks amazing on stock Poker and Poker II cases.

Offline ijprest

« Reply #1122 on: Thu, 17 April 2014, 19:01:22 »
Got mine today (Ottawa, ON, Canada).  Set looks great, and I don't appear to be missing anything.  Thanks to everyone involved!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1123 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 07:23:25 »
(Attachment Link)

Nice!

Is the GH key the same profile as the number row?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1124 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 07:48:11 »
(Attachment Link)

Nice!

it is, it wasnt part of the actual set

i had them made to say sorry to people for all the delays and issues, and as im a 60% only kid, i may have been making sure i could actually use it hehe

its just a little gift for everyone

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1125 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 08:53:18 »
(Attachment Link)

Nice!

it is, it wasnt part of the actual set

i had them made to say sorry to people for all the delays and issues, and as im a 60% only kid, i may have been making sure i could actually use it hehe

its just a little gift for everyone

I want to use it on my poker as well. But, if the profile was row 3, I probably wouldn't use it since it doesn't match the number row.

This sounds better and better.

Offline pdkl55

« Reply #1126 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 13:15:48 »
Great  :confused:
(Attachment Link)

Offline Irisviel

« Reply #1127 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 05:27:10 »
LZ-FE with Calm Depths
61712-0
61714-1
61716-2

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1128 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 05:31:38 »

Offline MysteryOfTime

« Reply #1129 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 08:05:03 »
Have all of the sets been shipped out yet?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1130 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 11:34:00 »
Have all of the sets been shipped out yet?

no

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #1131 on: Mon, 21 April 2014, 21:52:47 »

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #1132 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 06:33:26 »
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline luckynet

« Reply #1133 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 00:23:51 »
extras???
Realforce 104U - HHKB Pro 2 dental band - HHKB Pro 2 Hasu's bluetooth controller - CM novatouch silent mod - Royal Kludge Topre clones
Filco Magestouch 2 Brown - Duckyshine 9008s Brown - QFR white - Plum MX 96 Blue - KBT Race Red - SS 7G Black - Poker blue - ducky shine 69
IBM Model M SSK
Matias quiet pro - V60 matias clicky

Offline jinhan108

« Reply #1134 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 08:42:07 »
Hi would like to know when shipping to Asia would start? Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1135 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 09:25:17 »
Hi would like to know when shipping to Asia would start? Thanks!

shipping everywhere has started

however is now on hold until my paypal is unfrozen

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1136 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 09:40:10 »
I paid ~$35 for shipping & handling when I received the invoiced from CalmB4tehPwn, do I have to pay for shipping fee one more time Bunny?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1137 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 10:30:15 »
I paid ~$35 for shipping & handling when I received the invoiced from CalmB4tehPwn, do I have to pay for shipping fee one more time Bunny?

the shipping hasnt stopped because of lack of funds

the shipping has stopped as my paypal is currently frozen, it should be fixed shortly

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #1138 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 12:31:49 »
Ok thanks ^^

Offline aj-kun

« Reply #1139 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 08:32:12 »
thanks for the update.

Offline ZeDestructor

« Reply #1140 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 21:03:24 »
Sigh...

Found this only a few days ago..

Are there any left? I'm looking for the following kits:

Kit 1: Alphas
Kit 2: Mods
Kit 3: Numpad
Kit 4: ISO+ (someday I will have an ISO layout MX board with a properly-shaped enter)

Offline anoxy

• Deal with it
« Reply #1141 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 21:08:38 »
Do group buys typically have extras? Sad I missed this and the granite set.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #1142 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 02:49:44 »
Anything new from those Paypal apparatchiks?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1143 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 06:18:27 »
Anything new from those Paypal apparatchiks?

not yet, i called them yesterday, and they just said no update as of yet and they would contact me as soon as they could, they said normally these matters are sorted within 7 days and its been 4 business days

as soon as its sorted ill post about it

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1144 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 06:34:45 »
not yet, i called them yesterday, and they just said no update as of yet and they would contact me as soon as they could, they said normally these matters are sorted within 7 days and its been 4 business days.

If Paypal told you exactly 7 days then you won't hear anything from them until 7 to 8 days later.  That's how they operate, never finish anything within any time period that's given, always on or later to the date that's mentioned.

They work just like a bank, only they aren't one.........  ::)

Sorry you had to go through all this hell just so we can get our key-sets.  We owe you heaps Bunny  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 April 2014, 06:37:16 by Elrick »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1145 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 09:50:01 »
I can't wait to put these on my ergodox.

Words can't express how awesome Bunny and the rest of the community is for keeping this GB alive :thumb:

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #1146 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 19:04:33 »
do you have a secondary paypal i could pay you to ship out my order before this is fixed up?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1147 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 19:34:02 »
do you have a secondary paypal i could pay you to ship out my order before this is fixed up?

Not to be rude but didn't you just ask a similar thing a few days ago?

It wouldn't be fair to anyone else if he did that.

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #1148 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 20:35:24 »
taking over this group buy put stress on him and i think if he did this he could recoup some cash for the people that actually want to see these keys sooner rather then later. I am sorry its taking longer than expected but if people are willing to throw cash his way, why not especially since its taking longer because of paypal being a bag of crap...

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1149 on: Wed, 30 April 2014, 20:51:49 »
the shipping hasnt stopped because of lack of funds

taking over this group buy put stress on him and i think if he did this he could recoup some cash for the people that actually want to see these keys sooner rather then later. I am sorry its taking longer than expected but if people are willing to throw cash his way, why not especially since its taking longer because of paypal being a bag of crap...

:confused:

so you think that your need to have these key caps so quickly, as if not everyone really wants their caps, is greater than bunnylake unfreezing his paypal? offering to throw more money at bunnylake to a separate account so that you can receive preferential treatment out in the open for everyone to see is a pretty **** move and i think bunnylake would rather speak for himself on how this is going to proceed.