Author Topic: Post your tricked out CM QFRs  (Read 102181 times)

Offline feizor

Re: Post your tricked out CM QFRs
« Reply #350 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 04:08:59 »
My custom QFR with a custom plate which has been lubed vintage blacks with Korea group buy 62g springs, lubed browns, and now to ergo clears with 60g springs. Selling/giving it to my best friend who enjoyed the feel of my Filco with ergo clears, and only owns stock blacks. I'm gonna miss this baby... it's my second keyboard which I modded.

Phone pic (potato):

Show Image

Is that the universal TKL plate?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #351 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 13:51:54 »
My custom QFR with a custom plate which has been lubed vintage blacks with Korea group buy 62g springs, lubed browns, and now to ergo clears with 60g springs. Selling/giving it to my best friend who enjoyed the feel of my Filco with ergo clears, and only owns stock blacks. I'm gonna miss this baby... it's my second keyboard which I modded.

Phone pic (potato):

Show Image

Yessir, it is the universal TKL plate that allows for switch modding without the need for soldering.

Offline feizor

« Reply #352 on: Fri, 16 May 2014, 17:30:43 »

Phone pic (potato):

Show Image

Yessir, it is the universal TKL plate that allows for switch modding without the need for soldering.

Cool thanks! Makes regret sellong my qfr .

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #353 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 02:53:57 »

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline Alex92

« Reply #354 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 14:23:11 »
My second, and probably last custom QFR  :p

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #355 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 16:08:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Bravo. That is absolutely the PERFECT Portal theme! Would use and would keep!!! Man, that looks good.

Offline Alex92

« Reply #356 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 17:08:44 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Bravo. That is absolutely the PERFECT Portal theme! Would use and would keep!!! Man, that looks good.

Thanks  :D

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #357 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 17:17:59 »

something extremely boss is in the works, I'll post once its dry and on

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 17:18:55 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I don't know if I asked already, but how did you do that? Its really cool  :)

Offline Alex92

« Reply #359 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 17:42:40 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That case  :eek:

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 17:55:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That case  :eek:

top case was airbrushed by my uncle, keys are a green/black set from WASD and I made the wrist rest

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #361 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 19:22:53 »
teaser of the new setup

« Last Edit: Sun, 08 June 2014, 20:00:37 by tigersharkdude »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #362 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 20:14:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

+1

Bonus point for getting `~ and \| right ;D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 21:50:03 »
The portal keyboard makes a lot more sense now. I thought it was the Gulf Ford GT colors but didn't have gray!

GE Marquette | Rosewill RK-9000 | Rosewill Apollo 9100 | Realforce 87U "EK Edition" 45g Uniform | Unicomp Ultra Classic Black Buckling Spring | Realforce 87U SE07T0 Variable | Dolch PAC65

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 08 June 2014, 21:58:54 »
The portal keyboard makes a lot more sense now. I thought it was the Gulf Ford GT colors but didn't have gray!

Show Image

I'd love to do a GULF themed top case and wrist test combo

Offline bexleycorona

« Reply #365 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 05:19:09 »

Show Image

I'd love to do a GULF themed top case and wrist test combo

Awesome. I would love to see it.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 20:27:01 »
New top case and wrist rest are on

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 20:28:14 »
Show Image

haha wow.

that is sick.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 21:01:07 »
LED Mod, more to come....

Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #369 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 07:53:16 »
Show Image

Is that plastidip? No matter what that case looks amazing!

Well done!!!  :thumb:

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #370 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 07:57:27 »
No, that is not plastidip. That's airbrushed with automotive grade paint and clear coat

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #371 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 11:05:39 »
No, that is not plastidip. That's airbrushed with automotive grade paint and clear coat

That's even more impressive. Teach me your skills!

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #372 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 11:12:51 »

top case was airbrushed by my uncle, keys are a green/black set from WASD and I made the wrist rest

You're asking the wrong person.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #373 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 12:51:17 »

You're asking the wrong person.

^^what he said

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #374 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 03:58:11 »
Granite!

With apologies to those who might have seen this picture elsewhere.  I did take more pictures, but a long hair found its way across the right side of the keyboard and ruined all of those shots.  Plus it was already dark outside, so the pictures weren't that great anyway.  More and better tomorrow, hopefully, if it is not raining too much.

69862-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #375 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 14:54:57 »
Clean

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 15:00:22 »
Granite!

With apologies to those who might have seen this picture elsewhere.  I did take more pictures, but a long hair found its way across the right side of the keyboard and ruined all of those shots.  Plus it was already dark outside, so the pictures weren't that great anyway.  More and better tomorrow, hopefully, if it is not raining too much.

(Attachment Link)

dat legacy case doe
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #377 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 01:44:11 »
Granite!

(Attachment Link)

dat legacy case doe

Ik now, but this keyboard doesn't see a lot of use these days.  Mostly I switch between HHKB, Model M and Ducky Yellow, none of which are entirely suitable for Granite keyset.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:30:07 »
boredom = picture time

In honor of one my favorite sigs on Geekhack

Offline vaporishfox

« Reply #379 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:47:26 »

nothing crazy. my entry level keyboard  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #380 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:36:20 »
Show Image

Tai Hao?  Nice, although a bit darker IRL.  I like that deep green :)

Offline vaporishfox

« Reply #381 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 20:10:23 »
Show Image

yeah i don't know how to use cameras  :p thanks though!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #382 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 22:00:55 »
Show Image

yeah i don't know how to use cameras  :p thanks though!

Every time I photograph one of my sets it turns out a different colour :))

Offline dimamantra

• | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
« Reply #383 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 17:17:47 »
Granite!

(Attachment Link)

Those key caps though! I am in love with this style recently! They just look good - Poker, QFR, whatever, they just look good.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #384 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 05:51:34 »
Low-effort QFR:91066-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #385 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 02:06:18 »
QFR not cool any more?

Here's what mine looks like atm.

185777-0

In reality the colours are a little darker.  Camera does not like the late afternoon sun.