Author Topic: Cherry legend font  (Read 4224 times)

Offline jacobolus

Cherry legend font
« on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 00:11:18 »
Does anyone have a good vector (or high resolution bitmap) of the Cherry font used in Cherry doubleshots, with as many characters present as possible? Or even a high-resolution scan of a complete set of cherry keycaps, or reasonable-resolution photos of each key separately? Photos of whole keyboards tend to have some perspective problems from one side to the other.

I was able to find http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35765 but lysol’s post with an attached TIF file doesn’t seem to still be around (deleted/vanished post?) and the ttf file morcles made is missing a bunch of letters (and seems to have a weird ~` that doesn’t match cherry doubleshots).

If someone can help me with this, I promise to post Illustrator/SVG files which have good mockups for Cherry keycaps that the community can use to mockup keyboard layouts &c. I already have some with Helvetica legends that I’ve been meaning to post somewhere.

Thanks!

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
Re: Cherry legend font
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 09:00:27 »
Hashbaz is the keeper of the cherry vectors

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 09:08:37 »
I PM'd hashbaz and got some. I’ll see if I can clean them up and post something a bit easier to use.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 10:06:44 »
If I find some time I'll see if I can't get the rest of European language characters I'm missing and upload the whole shebang again which would have basically 'everything' at that point. I do think it would be cool to get all of them into an .otf or something like that so the file is relatively small and still easy to use for various things.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 10:11:49 »
Just out of curiosity, is there a nice concise explanation somewhere of the process that went into making these?

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 10:17:27 »
They were drawn from a combination of the tiff files and the photographed cherry set on Deskthority.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 21:08:50 »
Just briefly, a little mockup thingy I made to show 60% layout using these keycaps http://kbtalking.cool3c.com/article/74895 – though I notice that beyond centering them, they also made some other (IMO kinda ugly) changes to the cherry legends, so my picture doesn’t quite match. Oh well, close enough.

(I think I got win/menu backward – sorry, Mac user here. I think anyone with a 60% is going to use those for Fn keys anyway though, so maybe it doesn’t matter.)
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 July 2014, 21:11:28 by jacobolus »