Author Topic: [GB] Fox-orange 80% Custom TKL (GB Closed | All shipped | Collecting Feedbacks)  (Read 79096 times)

Offline Tuntematon

Lovely case design :thumb:

Not only does it look pretty, but it is 1) THIN and 2) FLAT. Cases should be thin and flat by default. You can always add height and tilt after the fact, but you can't take them away when they are built-in. Designers, take note!

Offline vilagefool

oh maama jamma, this thing is beautiful! I've been checking for the DHL guy all day and he finally arrived.  Only had about 5 minutes to fondle it before I had to put it away and get back to work. It is crazy solid, the seams line up nicely and the weights look great. I'm not sure how I feel about the black fasteners, but those are easily changed. They look like 15-20mm m3 bolts.

My board doesn't have a nameplate as requested, but I kinda like the clean look. (support email already sent, hopefully we can get it worked out quickly). This thing will look amazing when finally built.

Offline seblove

Got my case too. It's perfect - 0 complaints. Excellent packaging and the white is a really nice satin flat white in person, I love it. Sorry for iphone pics but you get the idea.

Offline gt1989

I'm jealous of how smooth and fast this GB went, great looking board.

Offline Pedicabo_Irrumabo

Waiting on my shipping information, can't wait!

Offline notice

Re: [GB] Fox-orange 80% Custom TKL (GB Closed | All shipped | Collecting Feedbacks)
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 08:03:10 »
Got mine this morning.

looks great, i'll post pictures next week

Offline lovetree

Re: [GB] Fox-orange 80% Custom TKL (GB Closed | All shipped | Collecting Feedbacks)
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 09:26:25 »
So good!

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 13:55:04 »
Love the postmortem, even if I didn't join this GB, it's great to see people taking group buys seriously. I don't think you failed at all (referencing something said in the postmortem). Acknowledging mistakes and learning from them is not a failure, it's growth.

I'll most likely join the next one after seeing how this turned out and how you handled it. =)

Offline jaymaikan

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 14:02:52 »
Love the postmortem, even if I didn't join this GB, it's great to see people taking group buys seriously. I don't think you failed at all (referencing something said in the postmortem). Acknowledging mistakes and learning from them is not a failure, it's growth.

I'll most likely join the next one after seeing how this turned out and how you handled it. =)

I couldn't agree more. I was one of the ones to receive a wrong plate and within a couple hours of contacting Senter, he got in contact with the factory and set up a new anodizing run. Certainly establishing a good rapport with the community it seems.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #159 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 14:42:02 »
Received mine yesterday, and let me tell you...The case is amazing---the included carrying suitcase is the cherry on top -- The gf is ecstatic ~ The "luxury" gold color really did come out quite nice -- photos in the near future -- would participate in future buys for sure! Thanks again.  :thumb:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Cotay

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 15:22:03 »
I'm jealous of how smooth and fast this GB went, great looking board.

Me too! I had this ready to check out but then at the last second had second thoughts. I'm now wishing I hadn't listened to my doubts.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 18:40:44 »

Thank you for the kind words. There were many unexpected matters. I just hope we can make every one satisfied eventually for this GB.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 23:05:55 »
got my board today,
packing was nice and the bag was amazing,

but im really confused with the color, i ordered "Orange" case but i think i got a rose gold case instead.

right = "red" ACE-XT40
bottom = "orange-blue" Revo Dr.D
i dont know about fox is this rose gold or orange?

but overall this GB was really really fast,  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ! cant wait for your next GB senter  :cool:
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 September 2017, 01:08:48 by gadzkun »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 04 September 2017, 14:03:01 »
got my board today,

but im really confused with the color, i ordered "Orange" case but i think i got a rose gold case instead.

Show Image

right = "red" ACE-XT40

but overall this GB was really really fast,  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ! cant wait for your next GB senter  :cool:

Yes, that's our orange color. Seeing the orange color on your Revo Dr.D, I just realized that '橙' and '橘' in Chinese can all be translated to 'orange' color in English, while one is more like yellow and another is more like red. Revo's orange is the later one, and our's is the yellow-like orange.

There's some color distortion on our color samples. That's another problem we'll improve in the next GB.

Thank you for your support and feedbacks.

Offline ozan6661

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 05 September 2017, 06:31:12 »
got my board today,

Show Image

right = "red" ACE-XT40

Yes, that's our orange color. Seeing the orange color on your Revo Dr.D, I just realized that '橙' and '橘' in Chinese can all be translated to 'orange' color in English, while one is more like yellow and another is more like red. Revo's orange is the later one, and our's is the yellow-like orange.

There's some color distortion on our color samples. That's another problem we'll improve in the next GB.

Thank you for your support and feedbacks.

makin banyak aja koleksinya hahahaha

Offline mnm

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 14:01:36 »
Got mine too! The quality on this thing is amazing, great work.

177734-0

Unfortunatly my plates are red and gold, I asked for purple and black. Also its WK and I asked for small block :(. Did anyone receive mine instead?

Offline JDragon

« Reply #166 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 00:04:03 »
Anyone want to trade their white one for my luxury gold one? With the E8-V1 GB collapsing I'm in need of a white board again. :(

Offline mnm

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 08:44:57 »
Here it is all put together and working, I an not happy with the red plate but its not too bad!
Senter any chance we can find that purple plate I order? Did you make any?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #168 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 21:05:45 »
Here it is all put together and working, I an not happy with the red plate but its not too bad!
Senter any chance we can find that purple plate I order? Did you make any?

Hey mnm, that's terrible mistakes. Your order should be the one of the three orders they told me was wrong, but I didn't expect the top case is wrong as well!

You chose 'WK' case at first then changed it to 'small blocks'. I do changed the information in our spreadsheet, but my partner still shipped 'WK' case to you.

We had several leftover plates but now they were all send out. I wish I can help but now we have very limited parts left. Please send me an email. Let's see what we can do now.

Offline notice

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 12:02:37 »
My first build, keys are not really straight, had a hard time with the stabilisers but am pretty happy with it.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 12:59:26 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:04:32 by alienman82 »

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 18:10:15 »
My first build, keys are not really straight, had a hard time with the stabilisers but am pretty happy with it.

Show Image

Show Image

Is this granite set? Looks nice on the board.

Offline notice

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 03:40:52 »
yes, it's granite.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #173 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 15:32:32 »
Build for the gf

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 22:07:44 »
Build for the gf

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looks great!

Offline kidcongo

« Reply #175 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 09:52:54 »
Finally got around to building this, really love the retro look it has, especially with SA profile...

The keyboard is great quality, heavy and the white pottery finish is lovely, though it does mark easily. My only small regret was to get the nametag etched with initials which looks a tad cheesey, or at least not really my style :-[

Great group buy, efficient and very well run :thumb:

Offline lovetree

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 14:00:18 »
Built one of my Oranges with Kailh Box White switch :)

« Last Edit: Sat, 23 September 2017, 14:02:37 by lovetree »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #177 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 21:12:58 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:03:54 by alienman82 »

Offline Pedicabo_Irrumabo

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 10:32:18 »
Hey, I just got my board and am wondering what i need to do to program it

Offline eksuen

« Reply #179 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 21:03:43 »
Hey, I just got my board and am wondering what i need to do to program it

Bootmapper client

Offline JDragon

So I'm having trouble with some fitment issues - did anyone else have an issue where the bottom of the case would push the PCB up, forcing the switches out of the plate?

Offline eksuen

So I'm having trouble with some fitment issues - did anyone else have an issue where the bottom of the case would push the PCB up, forcing the switches out of the plate?

Not quite, but I did have issues with the through hole leads touching the bottom of the case and shorting. I ended up clipping every lead (LED and switches) and putting a layer of styrofoam between the PCB and bottom case.

Offline JDragon

Not quite, but I did have issues with the through hole leads touching the bottom of the case and shorting. I ended up clipping every lead (LED and switches) and putting a layer of styrofoam between the PCB and bottom case.

I have that issue also. :(

Also some issues with chattering on pretty much every key when pressing keys rapidly.

Also my |\ LED not working.

Also an earlier issue with plate fitment on my LWinkey that forced me to switch layouts.

Pretty frustrating build so far.

Offline eksuen

I have that issue also. :(

Also some issues with chattering on pretty much every key when pressing keys rapidly.

Also my |\ LED not working.

Also an earlier issue with plate fitment on my LWinkey that forced me to switch layouts.

Pretty frustrating build so far.

I did not have any chattering issue, LED issue, or plate fitting issue.

But that was build 1 out of 2. Hopefully the second build doesn't run into any issues besides the lack of clearance under the PCB.

Offline nurupism

I'm seeing the same issue. This makes holtites pretty much unusable for me, unfortunately. Unless I just want to line the bottom of the case with electrical tape.

Offline Delirious

SKCM Oranges on Fox Orange

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That looks amazing. Good job :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

WANG caps?

feels weird seeing them on something that isn't a kingsaver
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Delirious

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

WANG caps?

Dell At101, Wang caps are not standard ansi. The right side modifiers are .25u longer than standard. Compensate much

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

WANG caps?

Dell At101, Wang caps are not standard ansi. The right side modifiers are .25u longer than standard. Compensate much

ah right

i forgot, they look similar
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline senter

• * Maker
I did not have any chattering issue, LED issue, or plate fitting issue.

But that was build 1 out of 2. Hopefully the second build doesn't run into any issues besides the lack of clearance under the PCB.

I'm seeing the same issue. This makes holtites pretty much unusable for me, unfortunately. Unless I just want to line the bottom of the case with electrical tape.

Most known issues are caused by the shorting. I've mentioned this problem in a previous email to you guy.

This problem can be easily fixed by covering either the PCB or the bottom case by any kinds of tapes.

Offline senter

• * Maker

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The orange case and orange ALPS switches are such a good match!

Offline JDragon

Finally got mine working after clipping every single lead. Woohoo!

Offline eksuen

Finally got mine working after clipping every single lead. Woohoo!

Looks good!

Offline eksuen

My second build, this time for myself.

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
I know Im late, but any extra available?

Offline senter

• * Maker
I know Im late, but any extra available?

No extras, sorry mate.

I've got a lot of messages asking for a Orange R2. However making the same boards without innovations is the last thing I'm interested to do.

The good news is that we do plan to run a GB for Orange, but in 75% layout and with many improvements.