Author Topic: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ R1 Complete [Closed]  (Read 1465046 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [GB] GMK SKIDATA+ (Pre-Orders Open Now)
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:38:41 »
Looks awesome! I would join if the mods were icon + text.

I have the same preferences, do not get me wrong, the icons only are awesome, but it is just me that prefer to have both, making the caps to look closer to OG Cherry. I know certain Cherry models came with icon only key caps, but again, I prefer both.

OK, you guys understand that this is trying to replicate the original Skidata, right?

Yeah, I know that.

OK, just checking.

Here, have a fancy photo I just found.

Show Image

That's an amazing photo! Where did you find that? The colours are perfect too.

I got a package today, and will be taking photos of it once I have the chance.

Show Image

Can anyone guess what the individual components are? ;)

I have no knowledge of the original Skidata board, but the one on the left is definitely the original board.

Offline bullo16

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:40:01 »
Quick question as I just got my first set of GMK keycaps that have the led windows - are all of them pad print? I always assumed they were some sort of doubleshot with a plastic insert....

Much sads

GMK has informed me that ours will be double-padprinted, so it will be very bright and vibrant.

The clear plastic insert is another "shot" of plastic, so there are only moulds to make doubleshots.

The Colour Pack includes the 2 spacebars?. I´m so excited with the orange mods  ;)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:45:42 »
Quick question as I just got my first set of GMK keycaps that have the led windows - are all of them pad print? I always assumed they were some sort of doubleshot with a plastic insert....

Much sads

GMK has informed me that ours will be double-padprinted, so it will be very bright and vibrant.

The clear plastic insert is another "shot" of plastic, so there are only moulds to make doubleshots.

Thanks!
Double pad printing sounds pretty cool  :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:47:57 »

Much sads

Thanks!

If I understood well, and logic does not fail, double pad printed means pad printed in two places, right?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:53:53 »

Much sads

Thanks!

If I understood well, and logic does not fail, double pad printed means pad printed in two places, right?

Yep! Pad-printed twice in the same place, just so it's a bit more "vibrant" and durable. :)

GMK padprinting is already very robust and durable to begin with, but since we're padprinting a lighter colour (orange) on a darker base (charcoal grey), double printing it would ensure that the colours don't get faded out. :thumb:
I do my best to ensure these sort of details are taken care of.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:58:09 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:54:10 »

Much sads

Thanks!

The impression I got is that it means they pad print the same spot twice (second pad print on top of the first pad print) so that it has more material to wear down through

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 16:58:15 »
I had an OG Cherry WoB with pad printed windows keys and they look awesome, unfortunately the set is not with me anymore, so I cannot take some pics, but just want to give some feedback on the quality of GMK pad printing.

Offline _element_

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 20:15:41 »
My first GMK set!  In for both a base set and a colour pack!  Can't wait . . .  :thumb:

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 20:18:19 »
argh i cant believe i'm about to participate in this GB solely for the bingecap raffle

Considered it, but wouldn't have a keyboard to put the caps on  :p
Remember Katz is making some too!  :D

i currently have more keycap sets than keyboards anyway  :p

more reason to get keyboards  ;D

I've got Carbon with about 6 child sets coming, but might need to get on this sale!  ;D

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 21:49:53 »
I'm interested in buying the base kit and mod kit, but would probably only commit if I can get a relegendable keycap in replacement of the esc key. I don't mind paying $55 on the set of relegendables, but seeing that I will only make use of 1/17 of the keycaps I'm putting a lot of money to waste.

I'm wondering whether there's anyone who is willing to sell me one of the relegendables, is interested in splitting the relegendables with me (I can sell 16 of them for 50), or whether Karura would be kind enough to sell me a single relegendable keycap?
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 23:20:38 »
That will be very nice of you to update the situation of the orders.I mean,could you show us how many people are in each set?
Waiting for TGR-910......

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 23:41:11 »

I've got Carbon with about 6 child sets coming, but might need to get on this sale!  ;D

You won't be disappointed! Aside from having similar colours, the two sets use completely different profiles. :)
SA is quite heavy and tall, while Cherry profile is more normal, and very ergonomic feeling, really not quite the same!

My first GMK set!  In for both a base set and a colour pack!  Can't wait . . .  :thumb:

Welcome aboard! Happy to have your support, and excited that you'll finally get to try Cherry Profile!

The Colour Pack includes the 2 spacebars?. I´m so excited with the orange mods  ;)

Sorry for the delayed reply, just saw your post.

All packs come with both a 6.25u and 7u spacebars. The add-on spacebars are there only for those who want to have extra spacebars. :thumb:

That will be very nice of you to update the situation of the orders.I mean,could you show us how many people are in each set?

There will be updates once milestones have been reached. IvanIvanovich had advised in the past that it is probably better to announce it like this.

Do not worry about MOQ, just place an order if you're interested. We will meet MOQ fast like this. :thumb:
I have no doubt that we'll be able to meet MOQ with the community support that I'm already seeing, and recommend placing an order as early as you are able to.

I'm interested in buying the base kit and mod kit, but would probably only commit if I can get a relegendable keycap in replacement of the esc key. I don't mind paying $55 on the set of relegendables, but seeing that I will only make use of 1/17 of the keycaps I'm putting a lot of money to waste.

I'm wondering whether there's anyone who is willing to sell me one of the relegendables, is interested in splitting the relegendables with me (I can sell 16 of them for 50), or whether Karura would be kind enough to sell me a single relegendable keycap?

I wish I could, but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to separate the packs, sorry. They are produced, sorted, and packaged as a whole.

That said, I'm sure you will have no problems either finding someone to split the SD+ Relegendables pack, or selling the F1 to F12, and the blanks in classifieds. These are offered for the very first time, and I'm sure you'll have a lot of interested buyers. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 November 2015, 23:53:43 by Karura »

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:01:33 »

You won't be disappointed! Aside from having similar colours, the two sets use completely different profiles. :)
SA is quite heavy and tall, while Cherry profile is more normal, and very ergonomic feeling, really not quite the same!

Just need to find a keyboard to put it on  :D
I'll try get my hands on a G80-11800 or 11900 :thumb:

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:19:26 »
Not sure if I'm hijacking too much - let me know if I am - but who uses/likes GMK on MX blue switches.  I notice several people like MX blue with thin caps.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #214 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:24:26 »
Not sure if I'm hijacking too much - let me know if I am - but who uses/likes GMK on MX blue switches.  I notice several people like MX blue with thin caps.

No problem Tony! I'd be happy to share my experience.

MX blues feel and sound great with thick GMK/Cherry keycaps as well. Personally I only use Cherry/GMK keycaps, and have liked them on a G80-3000, Dolch, and Poker2.

Not sure how they compare to thin keycaps, as I haven't used thin caps in a while, maybe someone who has experience with both can chime in.

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #215 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:38:12 »

No problem Tony! I'd be happy to share my experience.

MX blues feel and sound great with thick GMK/Cherry keycaps as well. Personally I only use Cherry/GMK keycaps, and have liked them on a G80-3000, Dolch, and Poker2.

Not sure how they compare to thin keycaps, as I haven't used thin caps in a while, maybe someone who has experience with both can chime in.

Thanks. And oh yeah, I'm back in. Cancelled NBA league pass, ordered the colour pack,mans hope to get the base just before the end off the GB when I get paid again.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 02:39:21 »
i really like dat orange spacebar..
wish base set can unlock orange spacebar  ;D
because i cant afford the color pack :-[

i definitely in mid november :thumb: .. my wallet not ready for now..
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2015, 10:07:17 by gadzkun »

Offline zhihuichan

• Click,click,click
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:37:52 »
I'm in!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 18:08:05 »

I look forward to seeing your order; thank you for the support! No orange spacebars without the colour pack. Sorry!

I'm in!

Awesome! Did you guys place a group order? There was a big order, so I figured it was a combined order. :thumb:

Thanks. And oh yeah, I'm back in. Cancelled NBA league pass, ordered the colour pack,mans hope to get the base just before the end off the GB when I get paid again.

Oh man, thank you so much for your commitment and dedication, it's very touching! I'm sorry to hear about the NBA league pass, but atleast you know doubleshots last forever~ :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 November 2015, 18:09:59 by Karura »

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #219 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 18:42:04 »

I look forward to seeing your order; thank you for the support! No orange spacebars without the colour pack. Sorry!

I'm in!

Awesome! Did you guys place a group order? There was a big order, so I figured it was a combined order. :thumb:

Oh man, thank you so much for your commitment and dedication, it's very touching! I'm sorry to hear about the NBA league pass, but atleast you know doubleshots last forever~ :)

I'm gonna put in an order before the deadline just to support you. Awesome job communicating about this set!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline renne

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 19:48:22 »
Looks awesome! I would join if the mods were icon + text.

I have the same preferences, do not get me wrong, the icons only are awesome, but it is just me that prefer to have both, making the caps to look closer to OG Cherry. I know certain Cherry models came with icon only key caps, but again, I prefer both.

OK, you guys understand that this is trying to replicate the original Skidata, right?

Yea I know. Just personal preference.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 20:27:08 »

I'm gonna put in an order before the deadline just to support you. Awesome job communicating about this set!

Thank you for the kind words and support, I do my best. :) I look forward to seeing your order! :thumb:

Yea I know. Just personal preference.

I understand, unfortunately there will always be compromises when designing a keyset. Hopefully you'll change your mind and consider joining, as there are lots of compatibility and keys in the set that you might find useful. :)

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #222 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 22:18:48 »
SKIDATA+ Base Set
SKIDATA+ Colour Pack
SKIDATA+ Grey Spacebars (6.25x + 7x)
SKIDATA+ Orange Spacebars (6.25x + 7x)

:thumb:

Thanks again for organizing this, amazing job!

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #223 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 05:20:20 »
SKIDATA+ Base Set
SKIDATA+ Colour Pack

No relegenables?  :eek:
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #224 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 06:08:06 »
i could not buy this on zeal pc since this vendor does not ship to China.
i find a reliable proxy in Korea to buy this amazing set.
Thank you .

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 15:16:50 »
SKIDATA+ Base Set
SKIDATA+ Colour Pack

I only have so much monies :( :'(

maybe I should reconsider and live of noodles for a few weeks

Offline rolecks

« Reply #226 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 16:39:43 »
SKIDATA+ Base Set
SKIDATA+ Colour Pack

I used all kinds of rationalizations for getting mostly everything in this set by spacing out the monies over time. I figure I won't get this in hand until Feb/March of 2016. So basically I'm paying $2 a day until it comes more or less. I can live with that. That's like a daily coffee for work for 4 months. And since I don't buy my coffee, but make it at work...damn I'm basically getting this set for free...r-r-right guys?

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #227 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 16:44:40 »
SKIDATA+ Base Set
SKIDATA+ Colour Pack

I used all kinds of rationalizations for getting mostly everything in this set by spacing out the monies over time. I figure I won't get this in hand until Feb/March of 2016. So basically I'm paying $2 a day until it comes more or less. I can live with that. That's like a daily coffee for work for 4 months. And since I don't buy my coffee, but make it at work...damn I'm basically getting this set for free...r-r-right guys?

Works for me - since that's basically what I did ;-)

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 17:06:31 »
SKIDATA+ Base Set
SKIDATA+ Colour Pack

Works for me - since that's basically what I did ;-)

haha, oh gawd I cannot fault that logic at all...

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #229 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 19:29:35 »
Just a little update:

The Base Set and Colour Packs are getting a lot of orders, but the Relegendables Set definitely needs more support.

Hopefully there will be more Relegendables orders, otherwise we wouldn't be able to order them.

That is all! Thanks for all the support, and looks like we'll meet MOQ at this rate. :thumb:

Keep the orders coming ;)

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 20:05:34 »
Just a little update:

The Base Set and Colour Packs are getting a lot of orders, but the Relegendables Set definitely needs more support.

Hopefully there will be more Relegendables orders, otherwise we wouldn't be able to order them.

That is all! Thanks for all the support, and looks like we'll meet MOQ at this rate. :thumb:

More reason for me to opt in for the Relegendables  :eek:

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:39:28 »
Just a little update:

I know that these are limited but I would be interested in purchasing another set of relegendables if they are coming up a bit short on numbers

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 21:55:06 »

I know that these are limited but I would be interested in purchasing another set of relegendables if they are coming up a bit short on numbers

They are limited in the sense that we are only able to produce so many (if it reaches MOQ), but I'd be more than happy to take additional Relegendables orders for those who have already unlocked it. :)

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 22:34:27 »
Don't have a need for the relegendables - more's the pity - but I can move up my plan to order the base set if that helps a all*

Had planned to put the order in close to the end.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 22:40:12 »
Karura sensei, I want this so bad but I need a Korean custom to put it on. I am scouring the internet for one right now.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 05:23:50 »
Karura sensei, I want this so bad but I need a Korean custom to put it on. I am scouring the internet for one right now.
Put it on the Jane round 2!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 05:28:06 »

Yea I'll try to get in the GB :)
Please feed my addiction.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 07:36:12 »

Yea I'll try to get in the GB :)

Nah man - MIRA all the way  :D

Offline renne

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 08:28:24 »
I understand, unfortunately there will always be compromises when designing a keyset. Hopefully you'll change your mind and consider joining, as there are lots of compatibility and keys in the set that you might find useful.
Just a little update:

I actually find that relegendable keys are useful. And I would like to support. You know what I mean :p

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 03:22:38 »

There is a very nice one coming out, by Leeku, it is LZ CP style with a lot of acrylic.

You could also look at the TGR that is coming out, also using a Leeku PCB.

Regardless, you would have all the keycaps you need with SKIDATA+ :)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #240 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 11:32:24 »

There is a very nice one coming out, by Leeku, it is LZ CP style with a lot of acrylic.

You could also look at the TGR that is coming out, also using a Leeku PCB.

Regardless, you would have all the keycaps you need with SKIDATA+ :)

We don't need any more people wanting the TGR-Jane CE shhhh :p. With only 25 being made it's going to be very difficult to grab. I suggest Compact SQ GB that Karura was referring to.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/3rp6md/gb_compact_sq_1800_inspired_preorder/
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline Data

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 13:19:26 »
I missed the explanation somewhere along the way.  Which keys are pad-printed?  Is it only the windowed caps/scroll/num lock?

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #242 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:01:15 »
I missed the explanation somewhere along the way.  Which keys are pad-printed?  Is it only the windowed caps/scroll/num lock?

The Windowed LED keys with the clear windows are padprinted. :thumb:

Offline Data

« Reply #243 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:23:38 »
Thanks.  :thumb:

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #244 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 19:48:45 »
Just a little update:

It's been roughly a week since we started collecting orders, and I'm happy to announce that we are past the 1/4 MOQ mark, and slowly making our way to the half way point for both the Base Set and Colour Pack.

Relegendables need a lot more support, but orders have been a bit stagnant today.

Once we get the ball rolling, and everyone supporting, we should be able to push it past 250 for every set (maybe not Relegendables).

Another reminder that all legends and key choices are final, this is the GB stage, not the IC, and everything was chosen after careful consideration, and won't be changed. Perhaps we will have extra keys once we reach 400 MOQ, but the sets at 250 MOQ will not change. Cheers.

Also, would appreciate all sorts of exposure for the GB. Perhaps someone can help remind people on Reddit or perhaps on other forums. We're really going to need all the support we can get if we want to make this happen.
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2015, 19:51:53 by Karura »

Offline Texchappy

« Reply #245 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 19:56:05 »
Just a little update:

It's been roughly a week since we started collecting orders, and I'm happy to announce that we are past the 1/4 MOQ mark, and slowly making our way to the half way point for both the Base Set and Colour Pack.

Relegendables need a lot more support, but orders have been a bit stagnant today.

Once we get the ball rolling, and everyone supporting, we should be able to push it past 250 for every set (maybe not Relegendables).

Another reminder that all legends and key choices are final, this is the GB stage, not the IC, and everything was chosen after careful consideration, and won't be changed. Perhaps we will have extra keys once we reach 400 MOQ, but the sets at 250 MOQ will not change. Cheers.

Also, would appreciate all sorts of exposure for the GB. Perhaps someone can help remind people on Reddit or perhaps on other forums. We're really going to need all the support we can get if we want to make this happen.

Linked over on Reddit.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #246 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:04:34 »

Linked over on Reddit.

Great! Thanks :thumb:

Hopefully more people can find out about this, and perhaps support if they're interested. Where exactly did you link it? I'd be more than happy to help answer some questions if there are any.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #247 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:08:16 »

Linked over on Reddit.

Hopefully more people can find out about this, and perhaps support if they're interested. Where exactly did you link it? I'd be more than happy to help answer some questions if there are any.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3rua0r/buying_great_gmk_group_buy_skidata/

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #248 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 20:30:26 »

Linked over on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3rua0r/buying_great_gmk_group_buy_skidata/

:thumb: I'm on it!

Offline Applet

« Reply #249 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 07:13:40 »
I will be joining once my november paycheck lands! :)