Author Topic: [IC] Retro Divinity Deskmat Set  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Alpine Mech

[IC] Retro Divinity Deskmat Set
« on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 18:31:15 »
Edit: Based on feedback given in the first week of the IC, I have made the designs more consistent as well as added a Lilac colorway as requested.

Hi everyone, just wanted to get some feedback on newly designed desk mats we've made. The goal was to create a vibrant design, while at the same time we wanted it to be simplistic and full of different shapes.
Please let me know your thoughts in the replies or on the Interest Check form below

Price is planned to be USD 25

Interest Form

Click the image to view in HD

Follow us on Instagram and join our discord for updates if you're interested

Discord Server
Instagram

Interest Form

Thank you for reading this!
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 November 2020, 16:53:39 by divinitydeskmats »

Offline Alpine Mech

Re: [IC] Divinity Desk Mat Design Set
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 October 2020, 13:19:30 »
Thank you all for the replies

If you haven't already, please fill out this form as it helps us better understand who is interested or not.

https://forms.gle/tgH1ekZZuyHMaWMT6

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 20:07:40 »
I did not see a feedback section in the google form, but here are some of my thoughts because I do think the colors are good but the design needs some touch ups.

IMO the deskmat feels a bit inconsistent. Sometimes inconsistency in stroke and spacing can be elegant and artistic but this looks like it was not thoroughly considered -  here are some things that I feel could be changed up (an opinion):
  • The differences in dash spacing, etc. the inconsistency in the spacing between the dashed lines looks like things were just scaled up / down without consideration for how spacing would be affected. It's mostly evident when you compare the dashed lines from the top right and the bottom left corners, where the top right feels a lot more dense. It's hard to get a "minimalistic" feel from this deskmat when things feel inconsistent and disorderly.
    More
  • The distance between the dashed lines on the left to the edge of the deskmat, is noticeably larger than the distance between the dashed lines on the right to the edge of the deskmat:
    More
  • Corner rounding inconsistency - the text has soft corners, some dashed lines have soft / rounded corners. And then you have a large red underline on the text that has sharp corners, as well as the dashed lines on the bottom left / right having sharp corners
    More
  • In the bottom right corner, you could try playing with having the dashed strokes actually curve instead of just forming straight lines into a curve - this looks really jagged and also makes the spacing from the edge of the mat to the line inconsistent. (example of what I mean: https://i.imgur.com/hWOrqPM.png, instead of: https://i.imgur.com/bNXdIi0.png)
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 October 2020, 20:35:42 by Ustinj »

Offline dandruff

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 20:20:44 »
I did not see a feedback section in the google form, but here are some of my thoughts because I do think the colors are good but the design needs some touch ups.

IMO the deskmat feels a bit inconsistent. Sometimes inconsistency in stroke and spacing can be elegant and artistic but this looks like it was thoroughly considered -  here are some things that I feel could be changed up (an opinion):
  • The differences in dash spacing, etc. the inconsistency in the spacing between the dashed lines looks like things were just scaled up / down without consideration for how spacing would be affected. It's mostly evident when you compare the dashed lines from the top right and the bottom left corners, where the top right feels a lot more dense. It's hard to get a "minimalistic" feel from this deskmat when things feel inconsistent and disorderly.
    Show Image

• The distance between the dashed lines on the left to the edge of the deskmat, is noticeably larger than the distance between the dashed lines on the right to the edge of the deskmat:
    Show Image

• Corner rounding inconsistency - the text has soft corners, some dashed lines have soft / rounded corners. And then you have a large red underline on the text that has sharp corners, as well as the dashed lines on the bottom left / right having sharp corners
    Show Image

• In the bottom right corner, you could try playing with having the dashed strokes actually curve instead of just forming straight lines into a curve - this looks really jagged and also makes the spacing from the edge of the mat to the line inconsistent. (example of what I mean: https://i.imgur.com/hWOrqPM.png, instead of: https://i.imgur.com/bNXdIi0.png)

yeah! what he said...

reserved

Offline Alpine Mech

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 31 October 2020, 20:38:45 »

IMO the deskmat feels a bit inconsistent. Sometimes inconsistency in stroke and spacing can be elegant and artistic but this looks like it was thoroughly considered -  here are some things that I feel could be changed up (an opinion):
    More
    Show Image
    More
    Show Image
    More
    Show Image
Thank you for the feedback! I totally agree, and I should have put more thought into the small details. I will update this thread soon with new images. I really appreciate you taking the time to give feedback.

Offline Alpine Mech

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 21:41:52 »
I have updated the thread, please if anyone is seeing this for the first time I would greatly appreciate it if you filled out the interest form listed on the thread. Thank you!