Author Topic: [IC] GMK Cyan Full Set  (Read 25627 times)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: [IC] GMK Cyan Full Set
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 10:26:14 »
For those of you that participated in the first of my GMK buys, that Esc key with red on white is UN001 for reference.

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 10:46:14 »
Doesn't light grey ruin all the possible mix and match possibilities with all previous GMK gbs (Dolch, Purple Mods, CMYW, RGBW)? Seems to me that having it white makes it better to play with combinations (white alphas/purp mods, dolch alphas/cyan mods).

Offline cphead

« Reply #152 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 11:06:02 »
Doesn't light grey ruin all the possible mix and match possibilities with all previous GMK gbs (Dolch, Purple Mods, CMYW, RGBW)? Seems to me that having it white makes it better to play with combinations (white alphas/purp mods, dolch alphas/cyan mods).

Pretty sure the white/light gray is for the alphas base color, not the lettering, which is cyan. So there should be no difference when matching with other sets.

Offline Scoliosis Jones

« Reply #153 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 12:15:17 »
well you still end up with white lettering on your mods with base light grey alphas, looks like it would stick out like a sore thumb

EDIT : I am just saying if we want to do Faux TA is fine, but if we want to mix and match with other sets, which is kinda important I find, that light grey wont cut it
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 October 2014, 12:18:55 by Scoliosis Jones »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 13:43:27 »
For those of you that participated in the first of my GMK buys, that Esc key with red on white is UN001 for reference.
So basically this:
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 15:05:54 »
So basically this:
Show Image

That lighting/photo still makes it look very off-white (cream/gray-ish).  Would need some daylight photos next to a pure white sheet of paper or some such.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 15:14:01 »
So basically this:
Show Image

That lighting/photo still makes it look very off-white (cream/gray-ish).  Would need some daylight photos next to a pure white sheet of paper or some such.
I already set white balance before making the picture using a white sheet. It really is slightly cream/greyish.
|||My other keyboards :
More
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 15:18:46 »
So basically this:
Show Image

I already set white balance before making the picture using a white sheet. It really is slightly cream/greyish.

You have, but the resulting photograph, as it's portrayed on my calibrated monitor, still shows incorrect color for cyan--too blue where it should be more teal--I own GMK's "cyan" keycaps.  So while white balance may have been correct, color accuracy is also dependent on other factors, such as camera RAW data processing, post-processing, saturation/vibrancy settings, both of our monitors, etc., etc.  In short, it's nice to have reference colors in a photograph.

That diversion aside, thank you for confirming that it's not pure white!!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 15:23:36 »
I'll do you one better ;)

Ivan's Round 2 PBT 'White' with Magenta dyesub|Geekhack Xtravaganza BoB
GMK white Esc with red doubleshot|Geekhack Xtravaganza Grey on White 'Monocloud'

It's not as grey as the Dyesub but not as clear white as the SP white one. Though the differences are marginal at best.

And feel free to dabble with the colour temperature if you want. You can find the original resolution if you click on the photos a few times. :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 October 2014, 15:25:30 by JaccoW »
|||My other keyboards :
More
x

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 18:03:03 »
Thanks very much!  That does help!

Offline bianco

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 20:41:00 »
i don't think the color of the base will break the compatibility of the alpha with other sets.
i think the color of the legend (cyan) on the alpha kit will be more noticeable when mixed with other sets.

Offline julayyy

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 08 October 2014, 22:43:12 »
omg I've been looking everywhere for a teal/turqoise/tiffany blueish color keycaps for awhile now and keep coming up short or missing out on the groupbuy.  Can't wait for this one to come out!
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears

Offline Limewirelord

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 14:09:31 »
I'd be in for this.

Offline feizor

« Reply #163 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 16:08:11 »
When is the GB starting?

Offline Den441

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 16:09:33 »
I'm going to be buying the base set. No light grey alphas, but at least the GMK white is not as clear, bright white as SP's. JaccoW's comparison pic helped me make my decision. I think feng is just waiting on the quote from GMK now. He said that about a week ago, so hopefully this buy will be up and running soon!
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #165 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 03:03:58 »
Finally got the group buy started.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63953.0

Offline DzyDzyDino

« Reply #166 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 10:49:35 »
I'd get in on that.