Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 341730 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #400 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 09:16:24 »
Can't wait to get back home to switch my PC to an mITX setup to bring it to school and get on this new Destiny expansion :D

OT: your avatar is intriguing...  :o
Sex symbol Matt Ryan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 09:18:55 »
Can't wait to get back home to switch my PC to an mITX setup to bring it to school and get on this new Destiny expansion :D

Sex symbol Matt Ryan

I see... like the sex symbol mike tindall ;)

btw: what you popping into that mITX system?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 09:33:24 »

Sex symbol Matt Ryan

Holy moly that nose took a beating.

Had a 1155 socket cpu and DDR3 ram, so I picked up an i5 7600k, 16gb of Ripjaws (goddamn DDR4 is expensive) and putting it all on an EVGA Stinger z270 and in a CM Elite 130 (front is kinda ugly imo, especially coming from a Corsair, but seemed like the best functionality and size otherwise). Only things I'm bringing over is my gtx770 and PSU.

Super excited to do what's basically my first full new build since I built a few friends' a few years back.

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #403 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 09:36:48 »
Sorry to break up the party boys. But, I had to get this off my concious. It makes me feel soooo bad

Been playing some super difficult Kingdom Of Loathing recently after my brief Tera snafu.

Nearing the completion of my third acsension as sauceror on normal mode to get a feel for things. Reading the clan's chat is always good for a few laughs.

All the other games seem so dang easy peasy when compared to KOL or Tera tbh.

I think this is the way I'm suppose to post in the video games thread right?

Space all my sentences out like this? Frickin' in my thirties; yet, I was too old to hang when I wasn't in my thirties. Smurf this nobs. So it goes.

Offline rioc

« Reply #404 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 09:42:11 »

Sex symbol Matt Ryan

Holy moly that nose took a beating.

Had a 1155 socket cpu and DDR3 ram, so I picked up an i5 7600k, 16gb of Ripjaws (goddamn DDR4 is expensive) and putting it all on an EVGA Stinger z270 and in a CM Elite 130 (front is kinda ugly imo, especially coming from a Corsair, but seemed like the best functionality and size otherwise). Only things I'm bringing over is my gtx770 and PSU.

Super excited to do what's basically my first full new build since I built a few friends' a few years back.

neat... yep, still waiting for ddr4 price drops... at least my current system is holding up good enough for me.

oh yeah, that nose is quite the curveball

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #405 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 15:19:41 »
My xbox beats all ur crappy g4m3r pcs..  cuz it's got dat sweet ass nvidia geforce 4, and dolby digital sound. !

183720-0

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #406 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 09:13:56 »
Finished Witcher 3 main story yesterday. I've loved the general challenge the highest difficulty level has given me, but for the final boss fights it was boring AF. The Eredin fight was 10 minutes of "dodge when he teleports, slash him after, run towards him in an arc when he's casting abilities". I wouldn't have minded a fight that changed at specific health stages (like different abilities or whatever). 

I got the "good" ending for Ciri.
pls gief bbv2

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #407 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 10:38:01 »
Finished Witcher 3 main story yesterday. I've loved the general challenge the highest difficulty level has given me, but for the final boss fights it was boring AF. The Eredin fight was 10 minutes of "dodge when he teleports, slash him after, run towards him in an arc when he's casting abilities". I wouldn't have minded a fight that changed at specific health stages (like different abilities or whatever). 

I got the "good" ending for Ciri.

now its time to start modding the game!
-Dana

Offline Coreda

« Reply #408 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 11:44:38 »
Finished Witcher 3 main story yesterday.

Or beginning the expansions :)

The thing to be mindful for with mods is warnings in the mod description or from users about save file corruption. A number of mods (off my head for example the one that displays all PoIs on the map, and another that affected Triss) caused some players I know to get stuck and not be able to progress. Most aren't like that though.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #409 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 02:54:03 »
Finished Witcher 3 main story yesterday.

Or beginning the expansions :)

The thing to be mindful for with mods is warnings in the mod description or from users about save file corruption. A number of mods (off my head for example the one that displays all PoIs on the map, and another that affected Triss) caused some players I know to get stuck and not be able to progress. Most aren't like that though.

I got the expansion pass at the last sale, looking forward to more content. I installed the "All quest markers on map" mod, but that's it. I'd like to play the game as much as intended.

I've tried some inventory mods, but none seemed to work properly for me. I'd like to filter the crafting menu a little better (e.g. only show gear that's within 3 levels of my current level), sort by level...

And if there's one thing I wish I could change (don't know if it's even possible with mods) is having access to your equipped inventory while shopping. When I'm upgrading gear, I find it super annoying that when buying/crafting a new piece of equipment, I first have to exit the vendor, swap gear, go back to the vendor, dismantle the old gear and then back to my inventory to put back the runes...

I also might consider this mod if I ever do another play through: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2788/?
pls gief bbv2

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #410 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 13:32:12 »

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #411 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 08:19:36 »
I AM PLAYING SIMCITY CLASSIC RIGHT NOW
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline rioc

« Reply #412 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 10:14:04 »
Just started EFT yesterday. Totally forgot I had bought it since time ago

Sent from my DREA100 using Tapatalk

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #413 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 19:58:10 »
Just an FYI Grim Fandango Remastered is free on GOG and it's super good.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #414 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 20:22:55 »

Ohhhhh boy, how long for?

Edit: Not in the UK :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #415 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 20:56:29 »

Ohhhhh boy, how long for?

Edit: Not in the UK :(

dang that sucks :(

idk I think it's the free Holiday game this year, but sometimes the free games stay free forever like Fallout 1/2 did on GOG

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #416 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 10:27:36 »
Playing Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

Supports 480p

Original Xbox

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 04:03:48 »
Bought more games from the Steam sale... Probably gonna sit there like the rest because I've been playing games like Destiny 2 with the little downtime I feel like I have.

Destiny 2 is fun, but it gets old quick after you complete the weeklies and aren't playing with other people. They really need to add more chat options because locking it down to fire team and personal chat makes you feel like you're in a bubble.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #418 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 18:14:21 »
Hob
South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Remember Me

... picked those up from the holiday sales and such. So far Hob and Remember Me are pretty awesome.
-Dana

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #419 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 21:41:57 »
Fractured Butt Whole. It's OK but all the retracing areas constantly is annoying. I'm playing as a black ginger binary-gender Jew.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #420 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 21:54:09 »
Xenoblade chronicles 2, finally. Hard to pay attention when playing and watching X-files though

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #421 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 22:55:16 »
Bought more games from the Steam sale... Probably gonna sit there like the rest because I've been playing games like Destiny 2 with the little downtime I feel like I have.

Destiny 2 is fun, but it gets old quick after you complete the weeklies and aren't playing with other people. They really need to add more chat options because locking it down to fire team and personal chat makes you feel like you're in a bubble.

I wanted to like that game more than I eventually did. I had a lot of hope and fun when it came out. Definitely got my moneys worth.. However, I just uninstalled it a couple days ago after having not played for some weeks. I put an embarrassing amount of time into the first one and I'm super bummed I feel this way about the second, I didn't even bother to buy the dlc. I'm hoping this game turns around cause it was a blast. I am glad someone is enjoying it though.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #422 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 22:38:22 »

I wanted to like that game more than I eventually did. I had a lot of hope and fun when it came out. Definitely got my moneys worth.. However, I just uninstalled it a couple days ago after having not played for some weeks. I put an embarrassing amount of time into the first one and I'm super bummed I feel this way about the second, I didn't even bother to buy the dlc. I'm hoping this game turns around cause it was a blast. I am glad someone is enjoying it though.

I blame FFXI (Final Fantasy 11) for ruining a lot of single player games for me and steering me towards looking for similar experiences, haha. The grind to level and then farm gear at end-game was almost masochistic, even with a good group and preparation (pre-ToAU nerf fest) it forced you to become more knowledgeable about your class, group, and enemies. It's definitely a case of rose-colored glasses, because what really made it so memorable was struggling to accomplish goals with other people and facilitating bonds by working through those hardships; that's just not something you really find anymore with how many new games aim to make things ridiculously rewarding and/or overly scripted to the point that accomplishing anything doesn't feel like an accomplishment, but more of an entitlement.

There's a lot of problems with Destiny2 that stem from Bungie's/Activision's decisions; the gameplay is fun, but it's not really enough to keep it going. So I understand how anyone can get tired of it after playing through the story and touching base with what's left to do.

There aren't any plans for a Dark Souls Online (may be with the masochism scaled down? Haha!), is there?

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 22:43:41 »
Megaman Battle Network (the original) and Pokemon Ruby

Picked up a USB SNES controller and setup a Retro Pie for the holidays. I love 'old' GBA games.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #424 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 04:03:18 »
NightSky

It looks neat.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #425 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 04:43:20 »
My wife is making me play VR The Diner Duo with her. It's a silly VR game where one person sits at the PC and takes orders in a hamburger restaurant and the other person wears the Vive and makes the orders... We both suck at remembering the orders so whoever is "cooking" always ends up frustrated that orders are getting jumbled...
pls gief bbv2

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #426 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 11:54:57 »
My wife is making me play VR The Diner Duo with her. It's a silly VR game where one person sits at the PC and takes orders in a hamburger restaurant and the other person wears the Vive and makes the orders... We both suck at remembering the orders so whoever is "cooking" always ends up frustrated that orders are getting jumbled...

This is as good as it gets Brammm87..

Enjoy it thoroughly..   

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #427 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 12:51:13 »

Enjoy it thoroughly..

She also watches me play PUBG, standing behind me, stroking my beard. I think I married a keeper...
pls gief bbv2

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #428 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 16:19:05 »

Enjoy it thoroughly..

She also watches me play PUBG, standing behind me, stroking my beard. I think I married a keeper...

What about her sandwich skills, in the following format:

Making sandwich x/10
Bringing sandwich x/10
Feeding sandwich to g4m3r husband while he g4m3s x/10
Post meal tummy rub x/10

Hahahhahahahahahaa

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #429 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 15:36:21 »

I blame FFXI (Final Fantasy 11) for ruining a lot of single player games for me and steering me towards looking for similar experiences, haha. The grind to level and then farm gear at end-game was almost masochistic, even with a good group and preparation (pre-ToAU nerf fest) it forced you to become more knowledgeable about your class, group, and enemies. It's definitely a case of rose-colored glasses, because what really made it so memorable was struggling to accomplish goals with other people and facilitating bonds by working through those hardships; that's just not something you really find anymore with how many new games aim to make things ridiculously rewarding and/or overly scripted to the point that accomplishing anything doesn't feel like an accomplishment, but more of an entitlement.

There's a lot of problems with Destiny2 that stem from Bungie's/Activision's decisions; the gameplay is fun, but it's not really enough to keep it going. So I understand how anyone can get tired of it after playing through the story and touching base with what's left to do.

There aren't any plans for a Dark Souls Online (may be with the masochism scaled down? Haha!), is there?

I loved ffxi! That was my first "true" mmorpg experience. That was the first and last time that I felt like I was a part of that fantasy world as well as at mercy to it, emphasis on the latter. I really, really enjoyed how you needed a group to do almost anything beyond level 10 at certain points. It really made you feel like your character had grown and became more powerful when you could go back to an area without needing a group. Ever since then most mmos have felt very much like a theme park (as they're design to.) and became extremely linear and routine.

Monster hunter world is coming out!!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #430 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 19:36:57 »
Dark Souls Online sounds awful, completely defeats the purpose of a Dark Souls game.

Almost as bad a concept as say, an Elder Scrolls Online game....

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #431 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 14:26:26 »
Resident Evil 7: Not A Hero

and Bioshock Remastered.

Both are for PC, and both are just too fun to stop playing. Oh, and both run very well on my FX 8300/R9 470 rig, which is good because I won't have the money to upgrade my PC (thanks to how Windows activation works now, it's a better option to get a new motherboard, RAM and processor than build one from scratch) until at least March or April.

Main game Resident Evil 7 has a few spots where my system chokes on max, but considering Medium textures aren't really any worse than the game's maximum textures, it's not a big deal. That flipping yard though...
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #432 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 14:36:25 »
I'm back on the Player Unknown's Battlegrounds bandwagon... The new map is really fun and there's plenty of friends playing at the moment. Love playing the game with other people, never on my own though.
pls gief bbv2

Offline rioc

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 04:07:09 »
Totally hooked on Escape From Tarkov... forgot I could've played beta since last July so I'm about only 3-4weeks in now, but man it's addictive.

Got Black Desert Online at the steam winter sale, but rarely play it due to EFT addiction.

Offline rioc

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 04:09:22 »

defo got yourself a keeper there...

I certainly wouldn't mind some beard stroking whilst I'm at the PC ;)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #435 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 15:16:34 »
Megaman 2 (gameboy), Pokemon Silver, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Soon to be Parodius on gameboy.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:55:21 »
Forza motorsport on Original xbox..

Game's revolutionary..

Physics is so real.. running on dat 733mhz cpu

Graphics are amazing.. ~45-50fps.. so smoooth..

Lighting is fantastic

Shadow resolution, much high.. !!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #437 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 18:23:13 »
07scape.

Just been grinding through diaries after I got the quest cape. Trying to get it back now :'(

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #438 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 19:22:26 »
Megaman 2 (gameboy), Pokemon Silver, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Soon to be Parodius on gameboy.

Nice list.
Are you into ROM hacks?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #439 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 20:48:24 »
Been playing The Vagrant on Steam. It's actually very fun, reminiscent of Vanillaware games like Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere. It's still in early access but is more polished than a lot of full-release games these days.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #440 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 21:45:14 »

Looks like we've been playing the same games recently! +1 for Megaman.

Oh... and I've revisited dwarf fortress. Damn is that game satisfying.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #441 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 06:44:34 »
Back on an Overwatch kick.
Don't really feel like playing anything else atm.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #442 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 08:35:16 »

Nice list.
Are you into ROM hacks?
Once I get a flash cart I will be, not a fan of playing them on my PC. Getting a flash cart soon though.

Looks like we've been playing the same games recently! +1 for Megaman.

Awesome! First megaman game too!

Offline rioc

« Reply #443 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 08:37:36 »
Got myself Hyperlight Drifter... love the gameplay and the design :) (Still also hooked on EFT though)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #444 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 14:10:13 »
I pulled the Thinkcentre A50p out of storage and installed FreeDOS 1.2 for the lols. Nethack, Civilization, Wolfenstein 3D..  :))

Offline rioc

« Reply #445 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 04:16:08 »
I pulled the Thinkcentre A50p out of storage and installed FreeDOS 1.2 for the lols. Nethack, Civilization, Wolfenstein 3D..  :))

oh man... I remember playing wolfenstein Spear of Destiny as my first shooter at a way to young age... (was on a win 3.1 OS iirc)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 05:02:29 »
Oh hell yes!
I remember watching my sister and her boyfriend play it a lot and race for scores, Wolfenstein has a special place in my heart.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #447 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 16:31:16 »
Oh hell yes!
I remember watching my sister and her boyfriend play it a lot and race for scores, Wolfenstein has a special place in my heart.

What a weird situation to divulge..

Hrrrmmm....

//processing

StickyBlueJuice watched an intruding male from the living room door. He deeply disapproved of this inferior specimen. However, this is america, and he must accept that there are individual freedoms which old-world patriarchy can not impede.

Little while later, the male-intruder disappeared leaving only an uninteresting goodbye text.

StickyBlueJuice feigns sympathetic grief, and inserts himself as a comforting presence among the sister and family.

Years after, he discusses the subject on any occasion in order to absolve himself as a suspect in the mysterious disappearance.

//6 feet under in the deep dark woods.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 16:34:32 »
Oh hell yes!

What a weird situation to divulge..

Hrrrmmm....

//processing

StickyBlueJuice watched an intruding male from the living room door. He deeply disapproved of this inferior specimen. However, this is america, and he must accept that there are individual freedoms which old-world patriarchy can not impede.

Little while later, the male-intruder disappeared leaving only an uninteresting goodbye text.

StickyBlueJuice feigns sympathetic grief, and inserts himself as a comforting presence among the sister and family.

Years after, he discusses the subject on any occasion in order to absolve himself as a suspect in the mysterious disappearance.

//6 feet under in the deep dark woods.

tldr - tp4 wants to bang his sister

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #449 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 17:38:42 »

tldr - tp4 wants to bang his sister

//Processing..

Paging-Hoff... xpert @ all things sis-con..