Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 342388 times)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 22:27:43 »
I pulled the Thinkcentre A50p out of storage and installed FreeDOS 1.2 for the lols. Nethack, Civilization, Wolfenstein 3D..  :))

oh man... I remember playing wolfenstein Spear of Destiny as my first shooter at a way to young age... (was on a win 3.1 OS iirc)

I pulled the Thinkcentre A50p out of storage and installed FreeDOS 1.2 for the lols. Nethack, Civilization, Wolfenstein 3D..  :))
Oh hell yes!
I remember watching my sister and her boyfriend play it a lot and race for scores, Wolfenstein has a special place in my heart.

I got started with 'PC gaming' with either POP or Keen. Wolfenstein 3D is more fun when you don't have to write a shell script/desktop file so that you can run it with one mouse click via DOSBox. DOSBox is a pain. FreeDOS loads in about 5sec (uses ~1MB ram!)... !!/*//#([cd  Games wolf3d.exe]).. shoot bad guys. Looking forward to more low-fi builds/components. :))

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 23:26:41 »
I started playing They Are Billions. It is so hard but so fun. I have had it close to a week and still can not beat the first map.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 23:34:48 »
All ready for that open beta weekend boys! Hit me up if you wanna get stomped ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #453 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 00:00:54 »
Made by arc systemworks.. so you know it's good.

However

Tp4 = negativo $$$

Offline glack23

« Reply #454 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 02:09:25 »
currently playing Yakuza Kiwami 2

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #455 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 08:04:31 »
currently playing Yakuza Kiwami 2

Does this haz the brothel simulator like that other yakuza game ??

Offline glack23

« Reply #456 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 08:20:27 »
Not so sure about what it's called because I'm playing chinese version, but it's more or less the same as Majima's "Nightlife Island" in Yakuza 0.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #457 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 09:15:39 »
Not so sure about what it's called because I'm playing chinese version, but it's more or less the same as Majima's "Nightlife Island" in Yakuza 0.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The only foreign released game I own is the Initial D extra stage from Hongkong on the PS3..

I thought about getting the ROTK official discs as well.. but it's too late and I can't find any officials.. mostly counterfeits.

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #458 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 19:31:06 »
I started playing They Are Billions. It is so hard but so fun. I have had it close to a week and still can not beat the first map.
This game, They Are Billions, intrigues me. Steampunk Starcraft, anyone?...what else could one ask for? I'm hesitant to get into another RTS due to having to learn and memorize new controls. Even the wizard character from the newest Gauntlet discouraged me. I'll probably just stick to the classics like Starcraft and Age of Empires, cuz I'm old and junk.  :p I do enjoy making maps for these games, though.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline glack23

« Reply #459 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 02:02:58 »

The only foreign released game I own is the Initial D extra stage from Hongkong on the PS3..

I thought about getting the ROTK official discs as well.. but it's too late and I can't find any officials.. mostly counterfeits.

it is so much easier to just get them on Steam for games like ROTK  and Nobunaga's ambition

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #460 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 03:12:22 »

it is so much easier to just get them on Steam for games like ROTK  and Nobunaga's ambition

Yea, but ROTK is one of those, physical things..

But ur right overall, it's pointless now with steam.

I even have an entire gold leaf binding set of ROTK books.. but I never read them.

Because , well, i'm abashedly too dumb to understand the bulk of the text...

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #461 on: Sun, 14 January 2018, 17:02:37 »
Started playing Black Desert Online, I must have spent at least 4 hours in the character creator so far. UI is not mt favorite, but the gameplay is pretty fun so far. Got my character to 40, but the story didn't seem to pick up until I hit mid-30s.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #462 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 15:53:25 »
This may be a bit off topic to this thread, but does anyone here do game streaming? I was looking at Parsec, and I'd really be interested to see if this  stuff works. It'd be nice to rack-mount a monster gaming rig, and play from various places around the house.

https://parsecgaming.com/
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #463 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 15:57:20 »
This may be a bit off topic to this thread, but does anyone here do game streaming? I was looking at Parsec, and I'd really be interested to see if this  stuff works. It'd be nice to rack-mount a monster gaming rig, and play from various places around the house.

https://parsecgaming.com/

steam already does this .. but not with all games..

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #464 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 16:01:35 »
...but not with all games..

Precisely
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #465 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 16:06:16 »

Precisely

Hrrm.. i guess you've got a point.

Here's the thing though. you run something like this granting it privilege to sight-jack your video out.

This seeeeems like a NSA/CIA/CCCP  spy tool no ?

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #466 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 17:19:07 »

Precisely

Hrrm.. i guess you've got a point.

Here's the thing though. you run something like this granting it privilege to sight-jack your video out.

This seeeeems like a NSA/CIA/CCCP  spy tool no ?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025619/software.html

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2018/01/spectre-and-meltdown-patches-causing-trouble-as-realistic-attacks-get-closer/

THOSE are some NSA spy tools.... err... were...

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #467 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 16:36:07 »
I didn't really get to into pillars of eternity when it came out, but I picked it up again this week and I am LOVING it. I'm not even that far in and it has completely consumed my week. I felt like getting into some more RPG stuff since my dnd group can't get together very often due to conflicting schedules and poe totally scratches that itch so to speak.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #468 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 17:00:16 »
I didn't really get to into pillars of eternity when it came out, but I picked it up again this week and I am LOVING it. I'm not even that far in and it has completely consumed my week. I felt like getting into some more RPG stuff since my dnd group can't get together very often due to conflicting schedules and poe totally scratches that itch so to speak.
yeah I got it and couldn't get into it either. Have you tried to Divinity OS I or II?. Both are pretty great.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #469 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:46:48 »
Witcher 2.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #470 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 10:47:32 »
I just now started playing Fortnite. It is pretty fun.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #471 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 11:03:04 »
Never been interested in Fortnight personally.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #472 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 15:00:10 »
  • Subnautica - really enjoying this, put a couple hours in, just taking it slowly and exploring..
  • Va-11 Hall-a - I'd already watched a full playthrough of this game but it came up on sale so i grabbed it. Fantastic visual novel with some interactive elements. Great story, characters, aesthetic and soundtrack. Perfect late night game..
  • Need for Speed 2015 - It's not great.. I got Origin Access and fancied another racing to mess about on and modify some cars. I played it on PS4 previously.
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #473 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 18:37:06 »
yeah I got it and couldn't get into it either. Have you tried to Divinity OS I or II?. Both are pretty great.

Also got PoE and couldn't get into it. The combat system was just way too clunky and slow for my tastes, so combat started to feel like a chore and I lost interest.

DOS2 looks very very good, waiting for a Steam sale to nab it

Offline keylabskeycaps

• KeyLabs Artisans
    • keyLabsKeycaps
« Reply #474 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 17:32:26 »

You know, I actually haven't yet. But I have a few friends who dove hard into the second one. If I see either on sale I'll for sure pick it up.

Offline sleepy

« Reply #475 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 17:30:55 »
Currently playin Stardew Valley on the switch a lot, as well as Splatoon 2 and Dota 2. I can't wait for Stardew Valley's multiplayer update! I need it!

Anyone else here playing Dota recently?

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #476 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 23:59:36 »
Planetside 2
FC660C | FC980C

Offline Comment

« Reply #477 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 15:27:03 »
Cuphead has stolen my heart as well as my ability to keep calm. That game is so damn hard.
Check out my WTB/WTS/WTTF Thread!

HHKB Pro 2                 Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #478 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 15:28:09 »
Overwatch, PUBG and Fortnite.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #479 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 18:59:10 »

Also got PoE and couldn't get into it. The combat system was just way too clunky and slow for my tastes, so combat started to feel like a chore and I lost interest.

DOS2 looks very very good, waiting for a Steam sale to nab it

Imo the older Need for Speed games are much better. The stuff they've been putting out lately has been pretty crap.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #480 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 07:56:03 »
I think I'm one of the few people who actually likes Need for Speed ProStreet.  :))

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #481 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 19:01:36 »
I think I'm one of the few people who actually likes Need for Speed ProStreet.  :))

Wait did you use to play dods before? Your name is very familiar...
FC660C | FC980C

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 19:38:09 »

Day of Defeat? No, though I think I have it in my library. I have the same name on PC/Xbox/etc. though so there's a chance you may have seen me somewhere else.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #483 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 21:15:52 »

Day of Defeat? No, though I think I have it in my library. I have the same name on PC/Xbox/etc. though so there's a chance you may have seen me somewhere else.

Yea Day of Defeat: Source, there was a guy in our clan that had the exact same handle as you lol. Lost touch with him a while ago.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #484 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:40:48 »
Yeah back in like 2012 someone sold me a Steam account and later recovered it but wouldn't even change the username. May have been the same person you are talking about, I think he got banned for account trading.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #485 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:43:44 »
rocketleague on my switch.

i am realllllllly bad at this game

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 18:32:55 »
Started playing God Eater series waiting for Monster Hunter on PC. It's not bad; voice acting isn't great, but the sory's interesting/game play is fun enough, but not too deep. Overall not a bad purchase considering I got both Resurrection free with Rage Burst 2.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 21:48:59 »
Finally got around to picking up Witcher 3. Very hesitant due to how much I disliked Witcher 2, but it seems the formula's been reworked and everyone seems to love it.

Anyone got any mod suggestions before I get started?

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #488 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 22:28:39 »
Finally got around to picking up Witcher 3. Very hesitant due to how much I disliked Witcher 2, but it seems the formula's been reworked and everyone seems to love it.

Anyone got any mod suggestions before I get started?
Some must have mods I would say are Absolute Camera(freedom to set the way you want how the camera behaves during battle and out of battle), Skip Movies(skips the usual annoying movies at the game's startup),  Friendly HUD(can help clean up the HUD if preferable to just take in this beautiful game), Better Torches(makes traversing the nights easier), All Quest Objectives On Map(makes it easier to plan out your routes in finishing quests) and finally the HD Reworked Project(improves models and textures, may have a very slight performance hit).

Some other stuff that aren't necessarily needed but optional are Auto Apply Oils(applying oils can be pretty tedious throughout the game), BLOOD(more blood), Ultra Gore 2(more dismemberment if that is to your liking), High Quality Faces(improved look for faces), Nitpicker's Patch(some improvements on stuff like swords and clothes clipping on each other and the surroundings).

One last thing that I could think of is the No Fall Damage mod, cause one thing about this game is that Geralt's knees are made out of glass and he dies from falls in really low heights. I must've died more to falls than through combat even though I played on the hardest difficulty(though to be honest the game gets a bit easy after a good amount of level ups). This mod might not be needed for some so I would really only get it if you finally get annoyed by it.

All of them should be on Nexusmods, though I haven't actually played the game in a year so I'm not quite sure if there are some new cool stuff out or things got removed. What's great about most of these mods though is that they are accessible in game, in the settings. So you can turn them on or off without having to quit the game and restarting.

Hope you enjoy the game! I know I did even when I was skeptical starting it since I also didn't very much like the first two games. Just wish the combat was more varied and the game harder.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 April 2018, 22:31:32 by renzpwns »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #489 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 23:09:57 »
Awesome thank you. Trying to make the first play through as memorable as possible while still staying true to the base game, after all why else play on PC ;)

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #490 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 00:39:30 »
I just finally got around to playing the Deadpool game. Gotta say it's a pretty entertaining hack & slash, a little dated at this point but still very fun! I would go as far as saying it's a must play if you are a fan of the comics. :thumb:

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #491 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 00:41:51 »
Cuphead has stolen my heart as well as my ability to keep calm. That game is so damn hard.

So true! The visuals are almost disarming then the difficulty ramps up to 11, LOL!

Offline Altis

« Reply #492 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 14:47:08 »

Yea Day of Defeat: Source, there was a guy in our clan that had the exact same handle as you lol. Lost touch with him a while ago.

I still play Day of Defeat from time to time. Pretty good game, even to this day, and the playerbase seems decent still.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #493 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 19:08:34 »

I still play Day of Defeat from time to time. Pretty good game, even to this day, and the playerbase seems decent still.

Yea I love that game, I randomly play when I get bored too lol. The golden age when Valve actually made great games.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline MrMen

« Reply #494 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 04:22:08 »
Currently playing D3 after the more or less recent update.

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #495 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 20:57:16 »
Currently playing D3 after the more or less recent update.

What's changed recently? I always end up going back and playing this once in a while, but quit again after a week of endless grinding.

I guess that's kind of the point of the game though lol.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #496 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 11:07:54 »
I haven't played D3 since 2015 I think... Whenever the expansion came out. I always wanted to go back and play it but I'm just so busy these days that I haven't had the time to.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #497 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 11:11:32 »
removed
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 15:23:41 by clasicks »

Offline bizzy11

« Reply #498 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 19:53:30 »
I haven't played D3 since 2015 I think... Whenever the expansion came out. I always wanted to go back and play it but I'm just so busy these days that I haven't had the time to.

I played like 4 or 5 months ago, and they did add some new things. Despite that the game really has no endgame whatsoever. You're basically just grinding greater rifts and regular rifts for gear and experience. Perfecting your gear by grinding so you can grind even faster is pretty much the endgame.

I bought a Oculus Rift recently so I've been playing that with a friend. We just switch every once in a while since I don't really like playing longer than 15-20 minutes or so at a time.
FC660C | FC980C

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #499 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 09:30:15 »
My first experience with an Oculus was also back in 2014 or 2015. One of my coworkers brought in his dev kit and I played Dread Halls - by far the most terrifying game I've ever played. I couldn't play it for more than 10-15 minutes before I quit.  :))