Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 340814 times)

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #650 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 18:10:08 »
I'm addicted to Resident Evil Revelations' Raid Mode. I don't know why. Revelations 2's Raid Mode is far more fleshed out. But there's something about the original that keeps drawing me back. I'm at level 42 now, out of fifty. I tend to main Parker's second costume, for the Shotgun and Handgun boosts. I've even spent money on DLC at this point (not a whole lot, just a few weapon packs, for the parts--5 or 6 dollars total), and have one Level 50 weapon already (and a level 48 Steady Hand 4 slot G36--great gun right there). I can't even use it for 8 more levels.

helpme
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #651 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 10:08:52 »
Bought the new black ops (I know.) on a whim to have something to play with some old friends; blackout mode (battle royale) is actually pretty fun; doesn't have the building or the surivival aspect which i found diluted other games, or made them significantly less appealing. Though it does suffer from the "why bother?" mechanic for me, which just leaves whether I having fun or not by itself, meaning I can't pick it up or drop it as I please. Has been pretty fun so far.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #652 on: Sat, 27 October 2018, 14:30:26 »
inb4; Read Dead 2.

Still going to wait for it to release on PC....
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #653 on: Sun, 28 October 2018, 17:06:52 »
inb4; Read Dead 2.

gonna wait to see exactly what the lootbox and miocrotransaction situation is before committing my money

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #654 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 01:46:04 »
inb4; Read Dead 2.

Currently playing through it on PS4 - damn it's struggling in some places.
Also hoping for a PC release for that sweet 60+ fps.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #655 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 16:18:37 »
idk I feel like the games chosen for the Playstation Classic are all C and D tier PS1 games. The only two main attractions on there are MGS and FF7, maybe Sony blew the entire licencing budget on those two. This list of games ****ing sucks compared to what the PS1  library has to offer, sorry Sony. Most people will only get this for MGS and FF7, both you could get legit versions for much less than $100

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/29/announcing-playstation-classics-full-lineup-of-20-games/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #656 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 19:17:33 »
idk I feel like the games chosen for the Playstation Classic are all C and D tier PS1 games. The only two main attractions on there are MGS and FF7, maybe Sony blew the entire licencing budget on those two. This list of games ****ing sucks compared to what the PS1  library has to offer, sorry Sony. Most people will only get this for MGS and FF7, both you could get legit versions for much less than $100

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/29/announcing-playstation-classics-full-lineup-of-20-games/

If the lid popped up , I would've considered it..

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #657 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 20:47:24 »
inb4; Read Dead 2.

What do you mean by 'struggling'. I've heard nothing but good things.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 08:29:33 »
inb4; Read Dead 2.

What do you mean by 'struggling'. I've heard nothing but good things.
I only have a regular PS4, not a Pro mind you.
But sometimes when I hit town the FPS just DROPS, especially at night with the lights. I'd still say it's playable, but it's because I'm used to 120hz when I game on the PC I think.
Also my PS4 really makes an awful amount of noise sometimes. Should probably replace the thermal paste on there.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #659 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 19:03:09 »
I bought Yakuza 0 in the Steam sale. Only put maybe 3 hours into it so far. Haven't played this series before and I must say the writing is excellent. I generally skip all the cutscenes in videogames (with good reason, they're ****) but haven't felt tempted in this so far, which is amazing cos they're long and there are lots of them.

There are a few things on my wishlist on sale at the moment in fact. Thumper, Hyper Sentinal and Carmageddon Max Damage all look tempting.

Offline IBanks

« Reply #660 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 03:08:41 »
Going through Darkest dungeon now, happy I'm ending it, it's really good but gets on your nerve...

Offline AJM

« Reply #661 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 07:00:14 »
I don't play much these days, but a few minutes of "Unreal Tournament 2004" from time to time is quite fun.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #662 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 08:28:09 »
I don't play much these days, but a few minutes of "Unreal Tournament 2004" from time to time is quite fun.

A few -minutes-.. ??

Offline AJM

« Reply #663 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 10:01:02 »
Well, yeah, like 10 - 15 minutes - for 1 round each of my 3 favourite maps.

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #664 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 10:33:17 »

A few -minutes-.. ??

My go-to only-have-a-few-minutes-to-play game is the original Unreal Tournament. I fire it up whenever I'm waiting for my woman to get ready or I'm waiting for a guest to arrive or I'm about to go on a job interview. It hypes me up and makes me appreciate life!
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #665 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 10:53:47 »

A few -minutes-.. ??

My go-to only-have-a-few-minutes-to-play game is the original Unreal Tournament. I fire it up whenever I'm waiting for my woman to get ready or I'm waiting for a guest to arrive or I'm about to go on a job interview. It hypes me up and makes me appreciate life!

UT before an interview sounds like a really good idea

Offline smarmar

« Reply #666 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 11:16:22 »
What I'm about to say might sound a bit bizarre outside of the confines of this thread.
Unreal Tournament is my comfort game.
I've been playing it since 2000 and it's the game that I most consistently visit (next to Ultima Online, but that's a whole other story). I wish I had a count of hours I've put into both of those :-\ Since the early days I've skin modded some of the bots, named them, and have given them specific play styles. I enjoy their sportsmanship and it's reassuring to know that they'll be there, waiting for me to join them in battle, chomping at their virtual bits for me to double-click the launcher that's omnipresent in the taskbar of every Win machine that I've ever owned.

A few -minutes-.. ??

UT before an interview sounds like a really good idea
Yes! Or any time you need to expel pent-up anxiety. Coffee before an interview works too but not too much. There's about a quarter cup difference between being confidently alert and getting the sweats and tremors. The latter is no good for interviews  :eek:

1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #667 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 16:02:45 »
always falling back to Escape from Tarkov... it's just such good gunplay, nothing can touch it currently

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #668 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 17:21:29 »
I recently compiled a copy of Pixel Dungeon (because I'm a cheap bastard). It's not bad! Even via desktop it's totally playable (itch.io).

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #669 on: Thu, 08 November 2018, 21:26:01 »
I haven't touched a game since beginning of this year, but I think once finals are done I'll play Sm4sh and (for the first time), EarthBound.

Offline Flame

« Reply #670 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 21:33:02 »
I play League occasionally, and have been getting back into the Dark Souls games lately.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #671 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 19:57:22 »
I've restarted Neverwinter Nights recently, since GOG released the EE version (Enhanced Edition, or something).

I usually play as a human fighter (most options to hit things with sharp bits of metal), but this time I'm playing as a dwarf fighter.

I don't know if there's any different options for a dwarf, but it's been sufficiently long since I played it that I can't remember all of the quests.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #672 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 20:05:55 »
Playing lots of Black Ops 4 Lately and ran into this player...It wasn't the real man.  :'(

207160-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #673 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 20:18:50 »
Playing lots of Black Ops 4 Lately and ran into this player...It wasn't the real man.  :'(

(Attachment Link)

How the mighty has fallen...

Allegedly, Sr-Demik succumbed to the Wiles of an Insidious Succubi

Painful it is, to lose a member of the Gekha-Family

//Unconfirmed..

Offline appaboy

« Reply #674 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 20:38:23 »
quake 3 arena is about all i play
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #675 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 03:22:36 »
I've restarted Neverwinter Nights recently, since GOG released the EE version (Enhanced Edition, or something).

I usually play as a human fighter (most options to hit things with sharp bits of metal), but this time I'm playing as a dwarf fighter.

I don't know if there's any different options for a dwarf, but it's been sufficiently long since I played it that I can't remember all of the quests.
Never got to play Neverwinter Nights it's a regret of mine. I just haven't had the time. How are you finding it?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #676 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 04:27:52 »
Never played the first Neverwinter Nights, but I recall the second one having some of the worst controls I've ever seen in a game. Perhaps the worst controls ever, idk.

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #677 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 06:20:43 »
I play League occasionally, and have been getting back into the Dark Souls games lately.

Gotta love league, I have personally been trying to play other games as well. Been wanting to take some time to try and play through The witcher 3 properly... and also Bayonetta!
TP4 fanboy

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #678 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 08:38:06 »
Recently got my loot**** fix; started playing Destiny Forsaken alittle, quite an improvement over year one. Too early for me to say whether it's worth the money or not, although I did get it on "sale". Most aggravating thing about this series is year 1 is always ass, and it takes them about year to fix everything or get started on the right path. Each entry has so far started over to appeal to a wider audience to its detriment.

Offline Flame

« Reply #679 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 10:47:46 »

Gotta love league, I have personally been trying to play other games as well. Been wanting to take some time to try and play through The witcher 3 properly... and also Bayonetta!

Same! I feel like I'll never play through The Witcher 3 properly... there's just so much in that game. I downloaded Destiny 2 (PC) yesterday since it's free right now. Haven't played it yet, but I've heard mixed reviews. I'll be playing that sometime today :)

Offline Eldr1tch

« Reply #680 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 18:44:31 »
Deus Ex Mankind Divided and World of Warcraft.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #681 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 19:41:35 »

Never got to play Neverwinter Nights it's a regret of mine. I just haven't had the time. How are you finding it?

I've played through it before - but this time I'm playing as a dwarf fighter.  Not much different, some weapons I can't use.  I also have a dwarf companion whose unlock skills consist of bashing the chest until it breaks open.  Gets the job done though.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #682 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 19:42:35 »
Never played the first Neverwinter Nights, but I recall the second one having some of the worst controls I've ever seen in a game. Perhaps the worst controls ever, idk.

To me the second one has the worst voice acting in any game.  I gave up eventually as the voices were really distracting me from the ambience of the game.

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #683 on: Thu, 15 November 2018, 01:15:43 »

Same! I feel like I'll never play through The Witcher 3 properly... there's just so much in that game. I downloaded Destiny 2 (PC) yesterday since it's free right now. Haven't played it yet, but I've heard mixed reviews. I'll be playing that sometime today :)

Oh I downloaded that myself, and played through the intro. Seems like a decent shooter, but I can see why people criticize it as it does seem like they want to squeeze your money out of you.  :))
TP4 fanboy

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #684 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 15:08:18 »

Oh I downloaded that myself, and played through the intro. Seems like a decent shooter, but I can see why people criticize it as it does seem like they want to squeeze your money out of you.  :))

For the most part, the destiny series has been a reminder of the greed of many triple AAA studios, and serves as a shell for the fantastic game it could have been. Sure, some say it's pretty good; however I think in most cases it's really just the best option they have available to get their "itch". Has some of the best shooting mechanics imo, however its story has been dismal, and up until recently the loot aspect has been fairly lackluster. In Destiny 1, 3rd year was considered the best year in terms of advancements/loot. However, since the series was brand new to me, I enjoyed all of it up until finishing the Taken King expansion. After that I couldn't be bothered to run the treadmill anymore as the dangling carrots weren't appetizing.

I've seen a lot of capped level 20 toons on recently like you said since it's free, alot of people are giving it a shot. I'm sure you'll get your monies worth at that price :)

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #685 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 22:18:01 »
Other than my daily fix of UT3, I'm also playing Strange Brigade.....fun 3rd person shooter.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #686 on: Sat, 17 November 2018, 02:59:38 »
Played this old Capcom arcade game called Black Tiger and I'm amazed more people don't know about this completely incompetent unfair horribly designed pile of festering hot garbage. It's a truly special game. When you begin it seems like an average old school platformer, but the more you play the more you realize almost every single thing about the game is total bull****. I hated it so much, but weirdly wanted to keep playing to see what other random unfair garbage they would throw at me. Eventually had to quit after playing 60 lives on one of the bosses, but holy **** what a gem.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #687 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 09:28:40 »
Finished the story in Red Dead Redemption II.
Fantastic game. I hope the rumors are true and it comes out on PC. Would love to see what kind of fps my rig could potentially pump out. :D

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #688 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 10:35:16 »
Destiny 2 is still pretty fun a week or more in; weapons feel a lot better this time around. Still skeptical as time goes on and most likely won't buy day 1 dlc. PVP is pretty fun again, them having made significant changes to it. Story is still okay, not game changing.

BO4 blackout still is as exciting as the first day I played it. I haven't become jaded when winning or super salty when losing, still a rush to make it as far as you can and/or optimize your play.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #689 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 11:40:12 »
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #690 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 14:16:18 »
Donated to this kickstarter last night. Looks cool: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1286599243/monster-sanctuary-monster-taming-metroidvania

That game does look awesome. Would be cool to be able to donate enough to put a monster in it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #691 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 18:58:15 »
Lego Harry Potter. Reminds me of why I hate the Lego games so much, god they are so tedious. So creatively executed, yet so boring to play.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #692 on: Wed, 21 November 2018, 19:48:20 »
Lego Harry Potter. Reminds me of why I hate the Lego games so much, god they are so tedious. So creatively executed, yet so boring to play.

That sums up my assessment from watching some play-through videos.  Nice to look at, but repetitive to play.  Thank you for confirming and saving me a little money.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #694 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 09:27:33 »

That sums up my assessment from watching some play-through videos.  Nice to look at, but repetitive to play.  Thank you for confirming and saving me a little money.

Always thought they were pretty decent light co op games, sure they may be tedious but when you're not exactly in "gamer' company they can be nice from my experience.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #695 on: Fri, 23 November 2018, 10:44:32 »
Revisited Sim 2 yesterday and spent nearly two hours building a three story house with a rooftop view. It would be super cool to to have the game that Will Wright invisioned (haven't left build mode). An architecture simulator (SketchUp?) would be pretty sweet.

edit - Mega resolution screenshot added.

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 November 2018, 18:53:47 by csmertx »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #696 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 17:58:23 »
Dark souls 3 still. Black ops 4 Blackout, uncharted 4.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #697 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 11:00:57 »
Fantastic game. I hope the rumors are true and it comes out on PC. Would love to see what kind of fps my rig could potentially pump out. :D
I got RDR2 as an early Xmas gift. The graphics on this thing!  :eek: I zoomed in on a postcard I was holding and was mesmerized by the detail in Arthur's glove--the textures, loose fibers, stains--amazing!
I was hoping for a pc release but I got it for Xbox1. I loathe using a modern controller. I think there's something wrong with my thumb, too, 'cause it takes me forever to fine-tune a target in FPSs. If a controller has more than, say, 6 buttons I have to think before doing stuff and that can take me out of the game.

*grrrrrr...grumpy middle-aged anger...grrrrrr*

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #698 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 02:55:06 »
I got RDR2 as an early Xmas gift. The graphics on this thing!  :eek: I zoomed in on a postcard I was holding and was mesmerized by the detail in Arthur's glove--the textures, loose fibers, stains--amazing!
I was hoping for a pc release but I got it for Xbox1. I loathe using a modern controller. I think there's something wrong with my thumb, too, 'cause it takes me forever to fine-tune a target in FPSs. If a controller has more than, say, 6 buttons I have to think before doing stuff and that can take me out of the game.

*grrrrrr...grumpy middle-aged anger...grrrrrr*
I agree with you. I am lousy at aiming with a controller. But you actually get kinda used to it if you play enough. :D
Just doesn't take much for you to 'lose form' so to speak.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #699 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 21:14:24 »
I've been having a lot of fun playing the first RDR game for the first time ever(since I aint got no PS4)

Out of everything, the writing and character dialogue were very well-handled and impressive. Many times during the game I would think something out loud and John would immediately voice the same opinion I just had, which is very interesting psychologically. I think this idea could be further harnessed by adjusting the prescripted dialogue based upon player action, perhaps it actually is idk. Miles ahead of almost anything GTA. Unfortunately as with any Rockstar sandbox game the mission design is extremely restrictive and repetitive sometimes, although it was a last-gen title so there were some understandable technical limitations. But I'm trying to play this more for the atmosphere and story, as opposed to running around causing random destruction, so I am a little more OK with the hand holding with this title.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 December 2018, 21:16:14 by noisyturtle »