Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4214060 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #3550 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:14:01 »
And I thought this story was over....

I finished my online chat session organising delivery of a replacement router and gave my number telling them not to ring me but they needed it for the delivery man, fine.

It's 10pm, I'm in bed, I have work tomorrow... My phone rings... It's BT support in the strongest Indian accent you can imagine over a terrible line, apparently this woman has been logging into my router, changing settings and generally ****ing around without my permission and knowledge.
It's 4 ****ing hours after my chat with support how the **** can she be ringing me at 10pm telling me this random ****?!?!

WHAT THE ****ING ****

DO you have to use the BT router?   I always just buy my own, get a better model and have full control.

I don't have too, but when I got it I figured my connection wouldn't be great and in the past when I've been with BT and had a problem they have tried to 'solve' its been a nightmare (yeah even worse) if you have a 3rd party router.
Hell I remember one time a guy wanted to remote into my laptop to access something and I was running a beta of Windows 7 and I had to spend 20mins explaining what it was and why it wasn't XP...

I've never even had an ISP try to remote in to my computer (or heard of it).  That seems really strange, to be honest.

Also that still sounds like a miserable company to do business with.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3551 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 07:22:45 »
And I thought this story was over....

I finished my online chat session organising delivery of a replacement router and gave my number telling them not to ring me but they needed it for the delivery man, fine.

It's 10pm, I'm in bed, I have work tomorrow... My phone rings... It's BT support in the strongest Indian accent you can imagine over a terrible line, apparently this woman has been logging into my router, changing settings and generally ****ing around without my permission and knowledge.
It's 4 ****ing hours after my chat with support how the **** can she be ringing me at 10pm telling me this random ****?!?!

WHAT THE ****ING ****

DO you have to use the BT router?   I always just buy my own, get a better model and have full control.

I don't have too, but when I got it I figured my connection wouldn't be great and in the past when I've been with BT and had a problem they have tried to 'solve' its been a nightmare (yeah even worse) if you have a 3rd party router.
Hell I remember one time a guy wanted to remote into my laptop to access something and I was running a beta of Windows 7 and I had to spend 20mins explaining what it was and why it wasn't XP...

I've never even had an ISP try to remote in to my computer (or heard of it).  That seems really strange, to be honest.

Also that still sounds like a miserable company to do business with.

It's never been this bad to be honest, in the past I've not had a huge problem with there service it's just been in the last 3 months or so things have become erratic and then this last week has been a nightmare of insane connection speeds (down to 0.3mb/s) and constant d/c's... and then topped off with this pretty outstanding customer service...

Suffice to say that if this isn't sorted by next week (when I get back home) I'll be making a formal complaint, canceling my service and switching to someone else and just putting up with paying the extra for line rental (yeah the UK's infrastructure is great, BT have a total monopoly on all phone lines that arn't fiber so regardless of your ISP you have to pay BT unless your one of the few people who's lucky enough to get fiber).

Offline iri

« Reply #3552 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 08:20:15 »
half of what i pay BT is line rental, even though i don't have a home phone.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3553 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 08:22:12 »

Yup, I don't have a home phone either.
Your paying for your ISP to borrow the cables BT own, essentially. It means that BT own all the phone lines in the country and can have there own price nice and low while charging everyone else huge line-rental. It's why I originally went with BT...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3554 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 08:45:42 »

Your paying for your ISP to borrow the cables BT own, essentially. It means that BT own all the phone lines in the country and can have there own price nice and low while charging everyone else huge line-rental. It's why I originally went with BT...

Hooray for monopolies!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3555 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 08:48:03 »

Hooray for monopolies!

unless u live in say london... ****ing cockney bastards

Offline iri

« Reply #3556 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 09:00:26 »
oooh yes.

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3557 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 12:03:20 »
Well today I was promised delivery of a replacement router. Get home from work, and guess what's missing?

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #3558 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 14:07:43 »
Well today I was promised delivery of a replacement router. Get home from work, and guess what's missing?

Ooh ooh I know this! Was it: "an apology"?

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3559 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 14:23:06 »

Ooh ooh I know this! Was it: "an apology"?

And a router.

I've continued my long and now angry public chat with @btcare and they have told me it will arrive on Monday...

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #3560 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 14:35:24 »
I have to drive 135 miles for pre employment physical. I find it hard to believe my local medical center couldn't do it.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3561 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 14:48:04 »
I have to drive 135 miles for pre employment physical. I find it hard to believe my local medical center couldn't do it.

Baksheesh?

I also know some of those places have contracts with places and won't let you go elsewhere even if your insurance would cover it.  It can be a massive pain.  Just be glad you have a car to do it.  Imagine those people who rely on public transportation for stuff like that.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #3562 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 15:03:48 »

Baksheesh?

I also know some of those places have contracts with places and won't let you go elsewhere even if your insurance would cover it.  It can be a massive pain.  Just be glad you have a car to do it.  Imagine those people who rely on public transportation for stuff like that.

Yeah that's how this is. They only work with a certain network, and the closest one is in St Louis. You are correct though, I'm not sure what I'd do if I couldn't make the trip. Rent a car I guess.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3563 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 15:14:30 »

Baksheesh?

Yeah that's how this is. They only work with a certain network, and the closest one is in St Louis. You are correct though, I'm not sure what I'd do if I couldn't make the trip. Rent a car I guess.

I had to do that for my co-op when I was in school. No car and expected to travel 30 minutes outside the city when there's a huge medical center right on campus. Ugh.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3564 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 08:47:14 »
Well, it was I who was thoughtless in this case.

My apologies to all.

« Last Edit: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:29:18 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline burn1nsun

• My stupid YouTube Channel
« Reply #3565 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 14:01:55 »
That ingrown toenails and sinus infections exist
HHKB Pro 2 l Pok3r Gateron Blacks

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #3566 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 16:41:32 »
The transcendent cluelessness and stupidity of certain members of the human race rarely surprises me any more, but this:

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor, starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry.
I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
- Mariah Carey

is truly over the top.

Do you have a source for this?  :eek:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3567 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 17:11:35 »
The transcendent cluelessness and stupidity of certain members of the human race rarely surprises me any more, but this:

"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor, starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry.
I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
- Mariah Carey

is truly over the top.

Well, it's not a real quote. So you can rest easy.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/carey.asp
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3568 on: Sat, 02 May 2015, 19:26:59 »
WE CALL THIS A DIFFICULTY TWEAK

STOP HITTING YOURSELF, STOP HITTING YOURSELF
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3569 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 05:10:41 »
damn it, i made this GON TKL w/ reds intending it for gaming use but it feels so amazing to type on compared to my K95 that it's making me either want to swap these switches with blues or build another custom for a daily use board.....
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3570 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 15:29:43 »
think my gpu is dying
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3571 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 19:34:27 »
I actually wanted to post something in the white supremacy thread and it got locked :(

Plus massively tired....
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3572 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 21:52:03 »

I actually wanted to post something in the white supremacy thread and it got locked :(

Plus massively tired....
whats bothering me is the post right before it got locked
that **** was weak, son
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline neverused

« Reply #3573 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 23:57:45 »

Plus massively tired....
that **** was weak, son
I think it tied it up nicely. Put that thing to bed.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3574 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 03:06:16 »
>Told by BT my new router would arrive on Saturday
>It didn't
>Got told it would be with me by Monday
>It wasn't

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3575 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 03:59:37 »

Plus massively tired....
that **** was weak, son
yeah after you ignored my ****talk im sure youd want to
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #3576 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 04:11:25 »
Just got home from work. Have work in 4 hrs again and I can't fall asleep. ****.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #3577 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 04:24:08 »
Just got home from work. Have work in 4 hrs again and I can't fall asleep. ****.

Working overnights screws up my sleep so i try the bubble trick. Turn off all sound in your room and close your eyes. Imagine anything that pops into your head thoughts/songs/etc just floating away into a bubble out of your head. Keep repeating this as new things pop into your head, always works for me
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3578 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 04:50:37 »
Turn off all sound in your room

I wish I could do this

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3579 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 05:46:04 »
I plugged my USB stick in to the hub this evening - nothing.  I plugged a few other devices into various ports on the hub - nothing.

So I pulled the hub apart (it is a cheap Chinese thing) and it looks, well, ok inside, nothing obviously wrong.

Then I plugged a few devices directly into the USB port on the back of the computer - still nothing.  Tried a couple of USB port - still nothing.

Some USB devices were working (mouse, keyboard).

I rebooted.

Now everything is working again except the USB hub that is in pieces.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline neverused

« Reply #3580 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 08:19:09 »

Plus massively tired....
that **** was weak, son
yeah after you ignored my ****talk im sure youd want to

I'm sorry paicrai, I didn't mean to make you feel like I was ignoring you.

I just didn't feel that you made a valid point to reply to, though to be fair many times your replies lack meaningful content or any semblance of coherent thought.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 May 2015, 08:24:26 by neverused »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3581 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 12:42:31 »
This pisses me off... Seasons 1 and 2 were perfect, same shape, same size, same placement of stuff... then season 3 gets all crazy with some special sleeve thing, FINE... but now what the **** is this **** with season 4 being ****ing thinner?! HOW IS IT NOT THE SAME SHAPE AS SEASONS 1 & 2?!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3582 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 14:41:40 »
Why is Better Call Saul only 10 episodes long? :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3583 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 18:05:42 »
Pays for Amazon Prime

Packages still take over a week to arrive.

Ok then, so what am I paying for?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3584 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 18:07:08 »
Pays for Amazon Prime

Owch. I feel very lucky to get one day free delivery from the big yellow god.

Offline iri

« Reply #3585 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 19:10:40 »
i ordered a ton of **** when on free prime.

what bothered me: i had a very tight day of work and free beers in the office were supposed to relax me... turned out to be budweiser :(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3586 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 19:15:46 »

I used to work 12 hours night shifts as a nurse and would have to sleep through the day...that **** sucked.

Anyways, get a good sleep mask and pop a benadryl, out like a light.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3587 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 19:24:24 »

I used to work 12 hours night shifts as a nurse and would have to sleep through the day...that **** sucked.

Anyways, get a good sleep mask and pop a benadryl, out like a light.

Can confirm, it sucks ass. Only sleeping 6 hours when you get back is crap as well.

Offline iri

« Reply #3588 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 19:57:34 »
moldex earplugs + good sleep mask is my recipe.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3589 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 20:03:01 »
I don't tend to have trouble sleeping, it's just that if I sleep much longer than 6 hours, I lose the whole day.

Offline morpheus

« Reply #3590 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 05:56:17 »
religious people and religion in general

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3591 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 06:02:56 »
bloodborne is piss **** exclusive still but never forget that amazon leaked the pc port
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3592 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 07:34:34 »
Pays for Amazon Prime

Complain on chat they'll probably extend your prime membership a month or two, I think mine ended up getting extended to whatever the max was, like 6 months or a year, because packages kept being late.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #3593 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 08:02:44 »
my chest

can't tell if getting sick or allergies

Why is Better Call Saul only 10 episodes long? :(

i feel you. it's a great show. i love pretty much anything bob odenkirk does.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3594 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 08:39:42 »
Solicitors are the worst people ever.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3595 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 09:32:07 »

careful

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3596 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 09:39:12 »

Are you talking about salesmen or lawyers?

Offline iri

« Reply #3597 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 10:07:32 »
buying a house?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3598 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:12:35 »
buying a house?

Buying a ****ing house.

careful

Why? :P

Are you talking about salesmen or lawyers?

I'm buying a house. I paid my solicitors the initial £300 to start searches on the 24th of April. That money still hasn't left my account (I paid by cheque) and as of this morning, they hadn't told the seller's solicitors that they were actually working on our behalf. I called, left a message. Called back half an hour later, woman was in but couldn't find my file. Said she would call back when she found it. Called back half an hour later and she had "just found it". Said that they musn't have got their first email so they will send another.

At lease the estate agent is switched on, she seems to be chasing both parties every other day which is nice. Valuation from the bank is happening next Tuesday too. Gonna be on holiday in sunny Portugal, but I can't see anything going wrong :)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3599 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 17:12:34 »
I lost some respect for my Dad today. Not sure if that's ever happened before.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done