Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 375760 times)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #2200 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 14:22:53 »
That dudes finger nails make we want to puke   :-X

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=949mjii4rli5s5qtfsu9pvt1h4&topic=63161.0
« Reply #2201 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 14:32:28 »

I flat out don't get that place. I've posted there so many times trying to get people to understand that what this ****er is doing is wrong and yet always get downvoted, now they've totally flipped the script.

I really don't get the supply and demand logic either, in the real world when this happens people die. Didn't GM have some air bag issue because of counterfeit airbags?

Also they think Bro and CC are super rich and are only making caps for money, they don't realize that they are people with jobs making caps as a hobby for a community they love.

They also mistake the secondhand market for direct sales...they act as though CC is pricing caps at $200 a pop (Freedom eagle and some other exceptions excluded because they're awesome).

Some idiot tried to justify by saying "I don't even think Clack makes caps any more". Zero ****ing clue.

Also artisans really aren't that hard to come by if you're part of the community and talk to people. Caps change hands all the time and if everyone knows you're a cool person who really likes the cap offers will come your way. Artisans are only crazy hard to get if you lurk or are an ass.

that's bull****. there are certain CCs only a tight inner circle has access to. lets not kid ourselves.

either you throw money at it (3love) or you're "chosen".
why you mention me?
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline tbc

« Reply #2202 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 14:40:24 »
Pics are from here:
http://forum.vietnammechkey.com/threads/ibot.593.html

Final note reads:
Thanks everyone, especially Brocap.(Copyright by bunnylake)

It's just incendiary, isn't it?

They aim to infuriate. Also doesn't help that reddit admins refuse to take action

well....they specifically encourage it.

traffic = money.

makes perfect sense.  reddit considers itself to be a news source just like fox news.  why wouldn't they use the same tactics?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #2203 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 18:48:04 »
wtf I kant buy any cool caps : ^ (

wtf where buy button go....... fuuuu bro caps

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2204 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 18:54:08 »
I wonder if a DMCA takedown notice would help.
would it though? k3's site is probably already known by anyone who would consider getting one, i doubt preventing the link from being posted further will do any good. streisand effect etc. if anything it would give ripster new 'material' for his geekwhack propaganda

I was referencing rippy roo on reddit.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #2205 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 18:55:07 »

I can see from your other tabs that you're not the real bill nye   :eek:

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2206 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 18:57:42 »
would it though? k3's site is probably already known by anyone who would consider getting one, i doubt preventing the link from being posted further will do any good. streisand effect etc. if anything it would give ripster new 'material' for his geekwhack propaganda

reddit admins are tetchy as **** about DMCA

they'd probably nuke r/mk entirely

if you can actually get a DMCA (and knowing bro, he'll probably get a DMCA) then they'll at least nuke his reddit accounts, maybe IP ban retspiR if we're lucky

they'd probably throw the next mod down in charge, but afaik retspiR is the only active mod of that reddit

meaning that they'd throw it to whoever sent the DMCA maybe?

doesn't even matter if there's no DMCA

no matter how i feel/what i've said about bro i'm sure he'll at least try to do something here, because that's the kind of dude he is
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #2207 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 18:59:41 »

I can see from your other tabs that you're not the real bill nye   :eek:
you caught me :/ i am skam

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2208 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 19:07:03 »
I don't understand what's keeping him from coming up with his own unique design. He's obviously talented, yet he's content wasting his time and energy ripping off other people at no real benefit to himself.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2209 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 19:10:37 »
I don't understand what's keeping him from coming up with his own unique design. He's obviously talented, yet he's content wasting his time and energy ripping off other people at no real benefit to himself.

Show Image

Why do people say he is talented? Knowing how and having the tools doesn't make you talented, it just makes you able. If he had any talent he would have put it to use, instead he lashed out at Bro and CC (for no reason) and then went stole there work, badly.

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #2210 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 19:14:14 »

Show Image

I don't think it comes off only about money, given the messages he posts in his forum and everything else. He's always gonna be second in terms of design, as he waits until somebody makes his own to copy it.

He or she could take pride in being the best copycat maker around, and cheap option of other's designs. As a personal stance, that's not something I'd take pride on, but again, he's sketchy and doesn't even reveal his true self.

I don't see him a bit talented. That's a skill. If you send a wax pattern to china of anything, you could have it casted in any form you want.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 March 2015, 19:21:13 by Mandolin »
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2211 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 19:21:23 »

Show Image

I don't think it comes off only about money, given the messages he posts in his forum and everything else. He's always gonna be second in terms of design, as he waits until somebody makes his to copy it.

He or she could take pride in being the best copycat maker around, and cheap option of other's designs. As a personal stance, that's not something I'd take pride on, but again, he's sketchy and doesn't even reveal his true self.

I don't see him a bit talented. That's a skill. If you send a wax pattern to china of anything, you could have it casted in any form you want.
He bought an actual BB, and then casted it, and then poured the wax into it, and is pretending he sculpted that.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2212 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:03:18 »

reddit admins are tetchy as **** about DMCA

they'd probably nuke r/mk entirely

if you can actually get a DMCA (and knowing bro, he'll probably get a DMCA) then they'll at least nuke his reddit accounts, maybe IP ban retspiR if we're lucky

they'd probably throw the next mod down in charge, but afaik retspiR is the only active mod of that reddit

meaning that they'd throw it to whoever sent the DMCA maybe?

doesn't even matter if there's no DMCA

no matter how i feel/what i've said about bro i'm sure he'll at least try to do something here, because that's the kind of dude he is
What? :#scratcheshead

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2213 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:04:04 »

Show Image

Why do people say he is talented? Knowing how and having the tools doesn't make you talented, it just makes you able. If he had any talent he would have put it to use, instead he lashed out at Bro and CC (for no reason) and then went stole there work, badly.

Production capabilities are still talent.

He has no artistic talent, however, and that's why he doesn't make his own designs.  I'm not sure why people keep asking this question.  Have we all forgotten about the "DOTA" (monster vagina) cap?  The dude couldn't sculpt to save his life.  Neither could I, but then I'm also not ripping off other people's designs.  ;)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2214 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:05:27 »
I'm pretty sure someone proved that the nasty vagina cap was a rip off too.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2215 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:08:51 »

:-X   Rip off of what??

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2216 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:13:09 »
my thoughts on this

No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #2217 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:13:35 »

ur mum

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #2218 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:17:23 »
btw what the **** are those prices?

Quote from: k3
Honestly, I don’t want to make brobot’s clone, they are really ugly cheap ****. But Brocap always intervene in my business so I make a chance for him to show his genius. The 10 bucks brobot groupbuy will be celebrated soon, I hope you guys enjoys. Best regards!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2219 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:34:32 »
btw what the **** are those prices?

Quote from: k3
Honestly, I don’t want to make brobot’s clone, they are really ugly cheap ****. But Brocap always intervene in my business so I make a chance for him to show his genius. The 10 bucks brobot groupbuy will be celebrated soon, I hope you guys enjoys. Best regards!

:eek:

K3 lied??  :(

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2220 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:46:54 »
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2221 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:58:58 »

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2223 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 21:22:26 »

ur mum

[]not rekt
[]rekt
[]so rekt
[]rektangle
[]tyrannosaurus rekt
[]rekt city *****, rekt rekt city *****
[]rektaroni and cheese
[✓]indiana jones and the temple of rekt
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #2224 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 21:25:09 »
Crowdfunded DDOS? lol jk
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2225 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 04:48:01 »

Show Image

Production capabilities are still talent.

He has no artistic talent, however, and that's why he doesn't make his own designs.  I'm not sure why people keep asking this question.  Have we all forgotten about the "DOTA" (monster vagina) cap?  The dude couldn't sculpt to save his life.  Neither could I, but then I'm also not ripping off other people's designs.  ;)

indeed

Offline CaplockJack

« Reply #2226 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 15:16:56 »
He is baaaaaack!

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2227 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 15:30:57 »
He is baaaaaack!

Show Image

I saw the original link on reddit, and even though they are direct copied molds, his look just wrong, like the forehead is too big, and the key feels unbalanced.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2228 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 16:54:28 »
He is baaaaaack!

Show Image

still garbage

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2229 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 20:08:05 »
Crowdfunded DDOS? lol jk
There are ddos sites out there that don't charge an arm and a leg to target a site.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #2230 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 20:11:32 »
Crowdfunded DDOS? lol jk
There are ddos sites out there that don't charge an arm and a leg to target a site.
you can even use fiverr to "stress test" a website

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #2231 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 05:57:03 »
What service is he using to sell these?

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #2232 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 06:58:41 »
Dudes a clown,

Produces original wolf cap that nobody buys,

Back to stealing clack factory designs.

Dude just wants money
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline joneslee85

• HHKB Scrub JP
  • Professional Rubyist programmer!
    • Ruby Journal
« Reply #2233 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 07:09:52 »
I know a group of Vietnamese called k3c keyboard, they are behind lots of 'enhanced CC'. I've been argued with their supporters and they claimed that they did not copy the design, they just make the design better and make it more available and affordable to many people. I quit the Vietnamese Mech group because I could not deal with those ****heads.
TOO MANY KEYBOARDS THAT I COULD NOT COUNT! BUT I AM STILL USING MY MODEL F77

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #2234 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 10:14:09 »
I know a group of Vietnamese called k3c keyboard, they are behind lots of 'enhanced CC'. I've been argued with their supporters and they claimed that they did not copy the design, they just make the design better and make it more available and affordable to many people. I quit the Vietnamese Mech group because I could not deal with those ****heads.

I remember seeing that post you made. I thought to myself 'hey look... literally one person with any sense of decency there'. Such a shame.

I like how the wad up 1 dollar bills and make it look like they are ballin outta control with their fake caps.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2235 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 11:20:20 »
Dudes a clown,

Produces original wolf cap that nobody buys,

Back to stealing clack factory designs.

Dude just wants money

The wolf just looked god awful too.

And I just realized why /r/mk is all wet for the new Poker.  Pok3r...Pok3r.

Nice to know some people have decency.  That site constantly blows me away.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #2236 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 15:30:47 »

I remember your post when you quit the group.  :))
It's stunning and surprised. It's quite frank and direct to the point. It is obviously a clear message to the group that "Hey, there is someone completely disagreed with k3c in the Vietnamese community and that one decided to quit the group, think about it!"  Nevertheless, it's decent but it is not necessary to quit the group, you can just say it out loud, in my opinion.

I didn't support replica or fake novelty cap but I also didn't follow this novelty story. So I hope this k3c drama would not create an invisible wall between novelty crafters and Vietnamese members.
I like linear switches

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2237 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 16:14:28 »

So I hope this k3c drama would not create an invisible wall between novelty crafters and Vietnamese members.

As long as he has a sub-forum there, as long as the head mod is a vocal supporter, and as long as he's supported there by a majority, it will be hard to trust anyone who is a member of that community who doesn't take drastic steps.

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #2238 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 21:42:06 »

So I hope this k3c drama would not create an invisible wall between novelty crafters and Vietnamese members.

As long as he has a sub-forum there, as long as the head mod is a vocal supporter, and as long as he's supported there by a majority, it will be hard to trust anyone who is a member of that community who doesn't take drastic steps.

You raised the point that I'm concerning about. So there is an invisible wall, sadly.

Vietnamese population is about 95 million today. It is a big potential market for keyboard and its related stuffs. To be precise, the Vietnamese keyboard community is beyond what vietnammechkey.com is delivering. Indeed, the VNMK does not represent the whole community of Vietnam because at least there are a few more groups (like https://www.facebook.com/groups/mechvn) and plus people don't join to any group.

In fact, the official location of VNMK is this facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/vietnammechanicalkeyboard. The website vietnammechkey.com was created later but many members didn't join due to unspecified reasons. In my case, I didn't join to vietnammechkey.com because I can see and foresee a lot of drama happened and will happen.

Speaking of the members of the facebook group, in my opinion and based on my perspectives, they join those communities are for many reason, some join for marketing, spamming and selling goods, some clone their own accounts, some join without any reason, some join for fun and hobby (including me) and so on. As I can see, there are many disagreements between members and VNMK (including this k3c case) but they can't do anything about it until it becomes a conflict of their interests.

With all respect, I'm not asking for a trust for anyone coming from the VNMK and other groups in Vietnam as well. In fact, trust is expensive these days. It must be built upon the credibility and decency. But what I want to highlight the fact that we can't just use the group they joined to judge people. A facebook group is just a social network, it is not real life, people join the group mostly for curiosity and fun. I agree with you that the head mod is a vocal supporter and k3c received the support from some members but we still need evidence to evaluate case by case basis.
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 April 2015, 21:46:20 by phoenix1234 »
I like linear switches

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2239 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 22:13:42 »
I agree with you that the head mod is a vocal supporter and k3c received the support from some members but we still need evidence to evaluate case by case basis.

Completely agree.  I was referencing specifically the crossover between that specific site and here.  People who are members of it who don't speak out are hard to trust while those who aren't members or who speak out against it are easier to trust.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #2240 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 17:20:38 »
I agree with you that the head mod is a vocal supporter and k3c received the support from some members but we still need evidence to evaluate case by case basis.

Completely agree.  I was referencing specifically the crossover between that specific site and here.  People who are members of it who don't speak out are hard to trust while those who aren't members or who speak out against it are easier to trust.

People already **** on anyone with Vietnam as their location, whether or not they're actually a member of that particular community.

Offline CaplockJack

« Reply #2241 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 14:11:09 »

People already **** on anyone with Vietnam as their location, whether or not they're actually a member of that particular community.

Good thing I am not Vietnamese!

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #2242 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 12:36:25 »
Good thing I am not Vietnamese!
Really? Every post counts ...
I like linear switches

Offline whizzard

• whizzard got ur gizzard
    • LOOTKEYS BLOG
Click Clack / Bro Cap knockoff? is it common?
« Reply #2243 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 12:37:59 »
I was pretty concerned finding these on ebay... I am sure they are not legit.  What do you guys think of this and have you seen it before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161710374150?item=161710374150&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&rmvSB=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-Topre-Artisan-Keycap-cherry-mx-hhkb-click-clack-brocap-3d-key/161710371956?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3Dc27fe41be6254be0800b7af8a7fcf09b%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D27%26sd%3D161710374150

This makes me very wary of any ebay keys from now on... especially from fresh accounts or unknown or untrusted members.  I know I can tell the difference from a real and a knockoff but this was really depressing to find.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Click Clack / Bro Cap knockoff? is it common?
« Reply #2244 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 12:39:14 »
First is fake, see the grid eyes? So I'm guessing the other is as well. Also, no one would paint one of those caps that sell for hundreds....well not anymore

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2245 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 12:46:39 »
Look at all those dude's auctions. He is just painting knock-offs and real ones. Stay far far away.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2246 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 12:49:03 »
Merged the new thread with this existing fake clack discussion.

I was pretty concerned finding these on ebay... I am sure they are not legit.  What do you guys think of this and have you seen it before?

Just FYI, you posted in member auction links, which is for members to advertise their own auctions, not bring up existing auctions to discuss.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2247 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 12:49:21 »
Both are K3 fakes. You can see the K3 stamps.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2248 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 13:00:30 »
I saw those yesterday. The guy selling them has a GH account too. He keeps swapping out his profile pictures with pictures of these painted caps.

He really seems to be trying to skate around the fact that they are fake by painting them and not informing the buyer that they were fakes to begin with.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2249 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 15:10:30 »
What do you guys think of this and have you seen it before?

I knew about fake Clacks, but not fake Bros (until today)

Look at all those dude's auctions. He is just painting knock-offs and real ones. Stay far far away.

Who would paint over a real Bro cap?!?  :-\ :( (paint like that isn't helping any either)