Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 914166 times)

Offline TRIGOZEN x TAO

• Kanna + Keybort = Big Weeb
Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #750 on: Sat, 23 October 2021, 19:46:30 »
We love a little cucking of a board

Offline yhehdgjs

« Reply #751 on: Mon, 25 October 2021, 02:39:53 »

"I don't have a reliable ETA as of now, but as soon as I do, I'll let everyone know."

Wow, Shame on you. Jaxx.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 March 2022, 02:25:33 by yhehdgjs »

Offline ic33hot

« Reply #752 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 00:20:56 »
TL;DR for mta’s post: Jaxx is a serial liar and you aren’t getting your board.

Offline pleasega

« Reply #753 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 02:27:04 »
TL;DR for mta’s post: Jaxx is a serial liar and you aren’t getting your board.

sadge but true, and there's nothing u can do about it

Offline mta

« Reply #754 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 14:23:35 »
I've been told by a few people that the previous post was a little too tl;dr-ish -- so I'll summarize the biggest points as best I can (while the timeline and all the nitty-gritty details are still fresh in my head).

Jaxx, please correct me if I am wrong on any of this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-You quit your job in late 2019 (that wasn't paying enough) in order to switch gears to Mint Autumn full-time - your wife later quit her job as well, at some point in 2020. So you're already down two incomes during this GB from early on.

-Shortly after the R2 GB ended in May 2020, you paid an overseas manufacturer for 500 boards with the crowdfunded money for R2 and was quoted a delivery time of August/September 2020. In the meantime, you had taken out two business loans so you could finance an UHMWPE injection molding setup for a planned R3 run in January 2021 right after R2 was expected to finish.

-The R2 GB itself was priced on the assumption of using this overseas manu, which was not priced high enough to leave any overhead or profit as-it-was.

-And yet, in response to a boat-shipping delay from that overseas manu involving a partial batch of 150 keyboards, on 12/12/2020 you opted to take on an even more difficult and costly option of making the boards yourself without any kind of stated refund or halted/stopped production from the manu -- with your reason for this shift being that you wanted to get people their boards sooner.

-You mentioned that the in-house Rukia R2 production was financed via those business loans (which you still have to pay back - with interest - using additional funding outside of R2), but again those had been already slated/allocated for making products out of UHMWPE for R3 which was no longer running and therefore not bringing in revenue.

-You claim to be taking on extra contract work (creating stuff using the same machines you're using for Rukia) in order to pay for the equipment leases, building leases, electricity, and material costs involved in the in-house production of these boards - in other words, you are claiming to be financing all the production of all these boards yourself out of pocket.

-At some point after March 2021, you opted to get a lawyer involved to take on the herculean, expensive, and effectively impossible task of pursuing legal action against an overseas manufacturer to seek compensation for "money lost while waiting" for the boat shipment. You also say this meant no more production from the manufacturer, but didn't mention if there was any kind of partial refund for units not yet produced. It also calls into question why you didn't ask to stop production months prior.

-You also claim that the overseas shipment was damaged by box-cutters at customs. But you won't share any pics or talk about what happened.

-And you claim to be making and storing these keyboards in a SCIF where you can barely even take pictures - a SCIF that slipped your mind when you moved in and when you were talking about streaming your in-house CNC process previously.

-Back in May 2021 you had quoted a 2 week ETA to begin shipping. Things were apparently very close to completion, implying that somehow there were tons of boards + PCBs ready to go.

-But as it turns out, you never actually got around to prototyping/ordering PCBs as of June 2021 - even later as of August 2021 (which calls into question the numerous ETAs you released over time prior to that, stretching way back to late 2020).

-As of today (10/27/2021), roughly 1.5 years into this GB, there's been no real or substantial physical evidence that anything exists as-claimed. Overseas boards, in-house boards, PCBs, the kits supposedly sent to a few customers, etc.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 October 2021, 21:17:30 by mta »

Offline Sicowa

« Reply #755 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 22:21:17 »
smoge
Collection: Khajit 60, Leopold FC980C, Pepper, Ex. Visa, Daedalus

pfp:https://twitter.com/kuroseP/status/1305179874429079553?s=19

Offline architones

« Reply #756 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 09:35:41 »
I love coming back to this thread and being reminded of the money I basically wasted on this group buy.

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #757 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 10:34:14 »
BunnyLake 2.0

Also how is a post from that guy still pinned.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #758 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 14:36:23 »
Less BunnyLake, more Ivan.

This is the second coming of IvanIvanovich.

Let's see if he pops up in a year or so with some listings on eBay.

Offline solomonshv

« Reply #759 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 20:37:59 »
hey guys. i came here to tell everyone that i have a girl friend. but you can't meet her because she lives in a SCIF. she moved to the SCIF from Canada right before someone asked to see a picture of her. i'm totally telling the truth. i wouldn't lie. trust.
Keebs::: Bok.CP - Antique Copper | Keycult No.2/65 Black/Brass | Keycult No.2 Rev 1 Grey/Brass | Jane V2 CE - Black/Multicolor | J-01 Rev1 - Blue | Haus - Silver | Kohaku - Red | OwLab Jelly Epoch - Ruby SE & Popcorn | KBD8X MKII WKL - Black PC | Ayleen WKL - Gin
Caps::: GMK Modo, GMK Jamon, GMK Olive, GMK Mizu, GMK Olivia++, GMK Bingsu, GMK Analog Dreams, GMK Botanical, GMK Moondust, GMK Taro R2, GMK Hennessey, GMK Serika R2, GMK Birch, GMK Tuzi, GMK Red Alert, GMK Zooted, GMK Hazakura, GMK Cyrillic Beige, GMK Lavender, GMK Daifuku, GMK November Fog, GMK Villanelle, GMK Blossom, DCS 9009 WYSE Alps

On order: GMK Tiramisu, GMK Maroon, GMK Bordeaux, GMK Taiga

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #760 on: Sun, 31 October 2021, 13:29:26 »
who is ready for bbq fundraiser?

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #761 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 09:39:51 »
Hey anyone want to buy my spot lol just testing the water?

Offline Evasive

« Reply #762 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 10:50:06 »
ill take it for one fiddy

Offline The0rigina1

• fumoposting
« Reply #763 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 13:12:05 »
I'll buy that for a dollar

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #764 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 23:00:53 »
Anyone want to trade my 2L Ice Cream maker for Blue Inks or Amber Alps?

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #765 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 23:11:13 »
Wtb someones spot.

$150

Offline zian_

« Reply #766 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 15:06:46 »
Wtb someones spot.

$150

I'll trade you my gskt-00 spot for your Rukia r2 spot.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #767 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 15:33:27 »
Wtb someones spot.

$150

I'll trade you my gskt-00 spot for your Rukia r2 spot.

I'll trade you my Lumina65 & APX spots for your gskt-00 spot

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #768 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 20:15:58 »
Wtb someones spot.

$150

Folks betting on OTM Rukia options contracts that might expire worthless now ... :blank:

Offline crazyboy1023

« Reply #769 on: Tue, 02 November 2021, 21:34:25 »
I just want my money back...

Offline PeppyToad

« Reply #770 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 02:14:49 »
Meanwhile Sneakbox doing the good work
https://m.imgur.com/a/QL1edMv

Offline kronograf

« Reply #771 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 02:48:16 »
Wtb someones spot.

$150

If anyone wants to buy my $700 SE spot I'll gladly sell it to them for half price.
jane me | 910 me

Offline yhehdgjs

« Reply #772 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 08:29:15 »
One possible scenario, didn't make Rukia, lost all the money betting on bitcoin.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #773 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 15:44:14 »
"hE Is NoT sTuPiD, hE iS TruStEd MeMbEr oF tHe cOmMuNity" This aged well. Fr though everyone should just cop an Amano. R2 will have o ring and frosted color + itll be in stock.

Offline BouncyChillups

• Formerly PleasantChaos
« Reply #774 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 15:52:17 »
"hE Is NoT sTuPiD, hE iS TruStEd MeMbEr oF tHe cOmMuNity" This aged well. Fr though everyone should just cop an Amano. R2 will have o ring and frosted color + itll be in stock.

I was one of the people that said that and its still not untrue. No one could've predicted this outcome, especially since he was very visible before and delivered.
Unfortunate, and I agree with the buy Amano part.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #775 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 15:53:17 »
"just buy something else it's that simple guys"

Offline ehwc

« Reply #776 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 18:55:02 »
BunnyLake 2.0

Also how is a post from that guy still pinned.

Wait what is the full story on this? Did he officially ghost everyone? Speaking of spots, anyone want to buy my circa 2015 Hack'd by Geeks spot? Only thing is you'll have to follow up with Bunny who still supposedly has it in storage.  :rolleyes:

Offline crazyboy1023

« Reply #777 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 19:58:37 »

I was one of the people that said that and its still not untrue. No one could've predicted this outcome, especially since he was very visible before and delivered.
Unfortunate, and I agree with the buy Amano part.

Unfortunately, I was one of the people who said the same quote a lot. It was my first GB and I was super stoked, especially since there were a lot of great reviews and so many content creators spoke highly of the original Rukias. It was also going to be my first polycarbonate and alice layout board. Now, I don't even know what to say anymore. I think Jaxx agreeing to give me my refund back in July of this year, but not following up on it is even more damage to the wound. It's like salt being rubbed into an open cut.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #778 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 11:37:19 »
Rukia 2025?

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #779 on: Tue, 09 November 2021, 17:23:48 »
I've been told by a few people that the previous post was a little too tl;dr-ish -- so I'll summarize the biggest points as best I can (while the timeline and all the nitty-gritty details are still fresh in my head).

Jaxx, please correct me if I am wrong on any of this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-You quit your job in late 2019 (that wasn't paying enough) in order to switch gears to Mint Autumn full-time - your wife later quit her job as well, at some point in 2020. So you're already down two incomes during this GB from early on.

-Shortly after the R2 GB ended in May 2020, you paid an overseas manufacturer for 500 boards with the crowdfunded money for R2 and was quoted a delivery time of August/September 2020. In the meantime, you had taken out two business loans so you could finance an UHMWPE injection molding setup for a planned R3 run in January 2021 right after R2 was expected to finish.

-The R2 GB itself was priced on the assumption of using this overseas manu, which was not priced high enough to leave any overhead or profit as-it-was.

-And yet, in response to a boat-shipping delay from that overseas manu involving a partial batch of 150 keyboards, on 12/12/2020 you opted to take on an even more difficult and costly option of making the boards yourself without any kind of stated refund or halted/stopped production from the manu -- with your reason for this shift being that you wanted to get people their boards sooner.

-You mentioned that the in-house Rukia R2 production was financed via those business loans (which you still have to pay back - with interest - using additional funding outside of R2), but again those had been already slated/allocated for making products out of UHMWPE for R3 which was no longer running and therefore not bringing in revenue.

-You claim to be taking on extra contract work (creating stuff using the same machines you're using for Rukia) in order to pay for the equipment leases, building leases, electricity, and material costs involved in the in-house production of these boards - in other words, you are claiming to be financing all the production of all these boards yourself out of pocket.

-At some point after March 2021, you opted to get a lawyer involved to take on the herculean, expensive, and effectively impossible task of pursuing legal action against an overseas manufacturer to seek compensation for "money lost while waiting" for the boat shipment. You also say this meant no more production from the manufacturer, but didn't mention if there was any kind of partial refund for units not yet produced. It also calls into question why you didn't ask to stop production months prior.

-You also claim that the overseas shipment was damaged by box-cutters at customs. But you won't share any pics or talk about what happened.

-And you claim to be making and storing these keyboards in a SCIF where you can barely even take pictures - a SCIF that slipped your mind when you moved in and when you were talking about streaming your in-house CNC process previously.

-Back in May 2021 you had quoted a 2 week ETA to begin shipping. Things were apparently very close to completion, implying that somehow there were tons of boards + PCBs ready to go.

-But as it turns out, you never actually got around to prototyping/ordering PCBs as of June 2021 - even later as of August 2021 (which calls into question the numerous ETAs you released over time prior to that, stretching way back to late 2020).

-As of today (10/27/2021), roughly 1.5 years into this GB, there's been no real or substantial physical evidence that anything exists as-claimed. Overseas boards, in-house boards, PCBs, the kits supposedly sent to a few customers, etc.

Posts like this are the only reason I keep coming back to this thread.  It sure isn't to hear farcical updates from a thief.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline solianne

« Reply #781 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 10:41:35 »
sry for no update long time all chat locked, we see reddit update i think that have nft also gl all on nft

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/qqf67r/rukia_round_2_update_3_fall_edition/

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #782 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 11:30:46 »
will there be extras on the nft?

Offline cutemelon

« Reply #783 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 18:03:52 »
Needs more upvotes! Haha

Offline dottt

« Reply #784 on: Thu, 11 November 2021, 11:44:02 »
anyone else remember when we got to choose if we wanted the poly rukia or wait for the uhmwpe rukia? Still waiting on the sound test of the latter

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #785 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 05:43:22 »
I need to contact Jacks to change my order from an aluminum plate to brass plate, is it too late to do this at this stage?

Offline Narc

« Reply #786 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 10:55:10 »
How are people even getting chargebacks on this? Maybe I should switch banks.

Offline Timbersawdust

• aka snorlax
« Reply #787 on: Fri, 12 November 2021, 14:32:05 »
I need to contact Jacks to change my order from an aluminum plate to brass plate, is it too late to do this at this stage?

lol

Offline yhehdgjs

« Reply #788 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 00:41:22 »

LOL. U think Jaxx could do that right now?

Offline happycamper87

« Reply #789 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 22:56:34 »

LOL. U think Jaxx could do that right now?

Now that you mention it, he might be pretty close to fulfillment so probably not. Worth a shot though.

Offline jtangjt

« Reply #790 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 08:51:41 »

I did this lol. I bought a pc samice. It's filled the rukia sized hole in my collection but not the $400 hole in my wallet :(

I love my samice though. It sounds great and I love how it actually exists.

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #791 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 10:10:16 »

I did this lol. I bought a pc samice. It's filled the rukia sized hole in my collection but not the $400 hole in my wallet :(

I love my samice though. It sounds great and I love how it actually exists.

Same here, came across the in-stock rd.2 Meridians on PrimeKB & jumped on one of them to replace the Rukia in my collection. Can't do a charge back this late in the game so I just hope Jaxx isn't totally full of **** & eventually delivers. Time will tell....

Offline Afteryou

« Reply #792 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 11:28:12 »
I'm interested! Excited for my first ergo build :)
The roof is not my son but I will raise it.

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #793 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 15:20:26 »
How are people even getting chargebacks on this? Maybe I should switch banks.

I think credit card companies are pretty good about chargebacks (from the customer perspective) and maybe some banks too but they seem to want way more proof and documentation in comparison.

PayPal is a dead end for me. You’d think a platform that is notorious for holding funds for no reason indefinitely would have *some* kind of consumer protection beyond 180 days if nothing was delivered/sent but nope...

Offline Pach

« Reply #794 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 20:21:08 »
rukia not done
rukia is never done
i miss rukia

Offline jbrandona119

« Reply #795 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 18:26:37 »
Found this gem (Jan 2021) while I was freeing up some storage on my phone. The last line gave me a hearty chuckle ;D also forgot how much of a d!ck dude was before it really came crashing down lol

Good PSA tho for new/future lurkers: any groupbuy runner (or “keyboard manufacturer” :rolleyes:) that can’t return the same level of trust their customers put into them (when they send money to a fckn stranger expecting nothing for at least several months) should be absolutely avoided. Red flag 100% should’ve tried a charged back right then.

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #796 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 18:55:31 »
Found this gem (Jan 2021) while I was freeing up some storage on my phone. The last line gave me a hearty chuckle ;D also forgot how much of a d!ck dude was before it really came crashing down lol

Show Image

Good PSA tho for new/future lurkers: any groupbuy runner (or “keyboard manufacturer” :rolleyes:) that can’t return the same level of trust their customers put into them (when they send money to a fckn stranger expecting nothing for at least several months) should be absolutely avoided. Red flag 100% should’ve tried a charged back right then.

he was emboldened by the army of simps and mods in there who would go after anyone expressing reasonable concerns or doubts.

Offline spartaman64

« Reply #797 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 22:09:23 »

Show Image

I guess if he thinks changing out a tool bit on a CNC which should take 10 minutes at most is a major source of delay taking a picture would be also

Offline ObsidianRaid

« Reply #798 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 00:01:26 »

Show Image

Ahh the good ol days

Offline crazyboy1023

« Reply #799 on: Thu, 18 November 2021, 10:03:26 »
I shouldve DEFINITELY gotten a charge back way back when. Cant anymore since my card company says its too far out now