Author Topic: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2  (Read 914926 times)

Offline ZyBeR

Re: [GB] Rukia - polycarb - round 2
« Reply #850 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 12:23:39 »
Have there been any other group buys where literally nothing was delivered like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You mean if anyone else then Jax has stolen $300k from keyboard enthusiasts that put their trust in him and then hidden like a coward?

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #851 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 12:55:35 »
Have there been any other group buys where literally nothing was delivered like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Many

Offline mta

« Reply #852 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 20:13:50 »
You mean if anyone else then Jax has stolen $300k from keyboard enthusiasts that put their trust in him and then hidden like a coward?

I actually don't think he stole the money.

The following is partially speculation on my part, but I think it's a reasonable guess / a place to start:

According to Gondo's post here, there were issues such as the connector on the PK PCB and a capacitor on the Mechlovin PCB leading to clearance issues in the case design. There was a GB for the Alice PCB rev 2 from PK and a GB for the Adelais PCB from Mechlovin which both delivered around the time Jaxx was running/winding down his GB. On his GB page Jaxx said that Rukia will fit USB-C and USB-mini PCBs as long as the USB is top-mounted. Meanwhile, for example, the PK Alice PCB rev 2 uses a bottom-mounted USB-C. So Gondo's post makes a lot of sense to me, assuming this is the kind of issue being referenced here.

So it seems likely to me that Jaxx made a mistake with the design he sent the manu and realized it too late. I think it's why he wanted to go "in-house" - to fix the overseas boards himself so he could make a recovery and avoid the difficult act of disclosing a mistake. I think this is why he held off on ordering PCBs back in 2020. But he would have needed time to fix the boards. But hey, lucky break: boat delay.

Except I think he found that it was way more difficult and time-consuming than anticipated to modify and refinish all those boards in a way that was consistent with the original texture (as he later said something similar to #special-edition). He wouldn't have been able to explain why the "overseas" boards would look like that in the end, having boxed himself in with his earlier explanation. But hey, lucky break: boxcutters.

But that leaves the rest of the in-house stuff. The next thing in line is the PCB, though he tried to focus on component availability issues. You'd think if you ran into PCB problems like that, you'd reach out to your PCB guy and take the far less-drastic route, but nope. Straight to removing material and refinishing. Except I don't think he considered that such an excuse would contradict all his past ETAs and alert Gondo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 December 2021, 20:34:09 by mta »

Offline cutemelon

« Reply #853 on: Tue, 28 December 2021, 10:24:47 »

I actually don't think he stole the money.

The following is partially speculation on my part, but I think it's a reasonable guess / a place to start:

According to Gondo's post here, there were issues such as the connector on the PK PCB and a capacitor on the Mechlovin PCB leading to clearance issues in the case design. There was a GB for the Alice PCB rev 2 from PK and a GB for the Adelais PCB from Mechlovin which both delivered around the time Jaxx was running/winding down his GB. On his GB page Jaxx said that Rukia will fit USB-C and USB-mini PCBs as long as the USB is top-mounted. Meanwhile, for example, the PK Alice PCB rev 2 uses a bottom-mounted USB-C. So Gondo's post makes a lot of sense to me, assuming this is the kind of issue being referenced here.

So it seems likely to me that Jaxx made a mistake with the design he sent the manu and realized it too late. I think it's why he wanted to go "in-house" - to fix the overseas boards himself so he could make a recovery and avoid the difficult act of disclosing a mistake. I think this is why he held off on ordering PCBs back in 2020. But he would have needed time to fix the boards. But hey, lucky break: boat delay.

Except I think he found that it was way more difficult and time-consuming than anticipated to modify and refinish all those boards in a way that was consistent with the original texture (as he later said something similar to #special-edition). He wouldn't have been able to explain why the "overseas" boards would look like that in the end, having boxed himself in with his earlier explanation. But hey, lucky break: boxcutters.

But that leaves the rest of the in-house stuff. The next thing in line is the PCB, though he tried to focus on component availability issues. You'd think if you ran into PCB problems like that, you'd reach out to your PCB guy and take the far less-drastic route, but nope. Straight to removing material and refinishing. Except I don't think he considered that such an excuse would contradict all his past ETAs and alert Gondo.
You give 500 dollars for a good that's never delivered.
Sounds stolen

Offline TomatoMan

« Reply #854 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 17:18:09 »
This is such a fked up gb, is Jaxx still not giving any kind of news and having his discord locked up?
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 January 2022, 17:26:09 by TomatoMan »

Offline Aritega

• Art by ringo
« Reply #855 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 21:28:08 »
This is suck a fked up gb, is Jaxx still not giving any kind of news and having his discord locked up?

No update and yep, the server is still locked.

Offline Full

« Reply #856 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 11:04:47 »
I want my Rukia
Hi!

Offline Rik.caffeinated

« Reply #857 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:12:24 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #858 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:14:37 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

Can we pay with Rukia invoice NFT?

Offline kontradictions

« Reply #859 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:16:21 »
In Rik we trust.

He's not stupid. He's not dipping his hand in the ice cream machine to fund other gbs he wants to get in on.
How do I know? He told me.
Is he lying? While possible, it's HIGHLY improbable. Speak to anyone who knows Rik about his reputation within the hobby and you'll find he's one of the most honorable people within the community. Not only that, the potential repercussions of "short term gains" for him entering gbs -- with funds from Rikia is in the state it's in -- will have severe long term effects on himself, his business, and his family. I know for a fact that he wouldn't risk the livelihood of his family for getting a board he wants.

Offline KneeDeep

« Reply #860 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:17:15 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

What precautions are you taking to make sure it doesn't get shanked by the coast guard?

Offline Juego

• True
« Reply #861 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:23:57 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

“Gentlemen, you had my curiosity… but now you have my attention.”
#KeyboardGang

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #862 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:29:03 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

Cafe never looked so good.

Offline LilithAugustus

• She/Her
« Reply #863 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:29:36 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

Any possibility that this will also be manufactured in a scif

Offline Fineko

« Reply #864 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:32:20 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

Will I be able to pay with a credit card? I want to make sure I have the best chance possible for a chargeback

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #865 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:38:57 »
So happy to see more PC Alice cases popping up. Shameless plug for Amano R2 which will be an in-stock sale at https://h40.io/products/amano-r2 with a few new options.

Offline noahf

« Reply #866 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:39:20 »
In Rik we trust.

He's not stupid. He's not dipping his hand in the ice cream machine to fund other gbs he wants to get in on.
How do I know? He told me.
Is he lying? While possible, it's HIGHLY improbable. Speak to anyone who knows Rik about his reputation within the hobby and you'll find he's one of the most honorable people within the community. Not only that, the potential repercussions of "short term gains" for him entering gbs -- with funds from Rikia is in the state it's in -- will have severe long term effects on himself, his business, and his family. I know for a fact that he wouldn't risk the livelihood of his family for getting a board he wants.

I don't know, he has sold me his espresso machine and speaker amp. he might be selling rikias to replace those things....

Offline singabore

« Reply #867 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:39:28 »
ne memes

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #868 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:42:27 »
Really good to see that there are more alternatives popping up. After the Rukia mess, I’m hoping to get an Alice board soon

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #869 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 13:54:19 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

this is what I call great product placement

Offline dRnRcRr

« Reply #870 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 14:02:26 »
Rik is a pretty cool guy.  Also makes nice boards.  100% not a bully.  His server is very welcoming.   

Offline shieldmending

« Reply #871 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 14:09:33 »

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #872 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 18:24:37 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

Please point me & my wallet in the right direction.

Offline ObsidianRaid

« Reply #873 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 23:12:14 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

Let us know when you’re ready to buy a CNC machine!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #874 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 23:16:36 »
Okay so is this thread just a landing page to advertise other product now? zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline hungazz

• Formerly hung_aus
« Reply #875 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 02:53:09 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

This looks nice - do you have a discord for updates?
Current Collection
DM Austin ~ Zeal Xeno ~ LZ Phase ~ Hephaestus Nasu ~ KLC x TGR Dolice

Coming
CW88 ~ Noxary Valhalla ~ Baion Bias ~ Cable Car Designs Phoenix ~ FLX Virgo ~ Hand Engineering 2000 Mini SE

Past / RIP
Ai03 Adromeda ~ AE x Ivery Praxis ~ TX-CP v2 (Silver) ~ TX-CP v2 (Black) ~ Gok 7V ~ Ai03 Vega ~ Think6.5 v2 ~ DM Forever ~ Jacky Bear65 ~ JLabs JP-02 / / Rukia r2

Online Rob27shred

« Reply #876 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 07:57:15 »
Okay so is this thread just a landing page to advertise other product now? zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Might as well be, that way it actually serves as something useful.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #877 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 08:47:46 »

You expecting an actual update or something? 😂😂🤣🤣🤡

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #878 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 18:25:38 »
update coming feb 29  ;D

Offline depressedkeebs

• Depressed Keebs
« Reply #879 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 11:45:48 »
Danm, nice to see the Rukia on R2. Hope it does well!

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #880 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 12:23:34 »
Danm, nice to see the Rukia on R2. Hope it does well!
It's going quite excellently thank you for your support  :thumb:

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #881 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 13:01:48 »
Any chance we can get a New Years/2022 update?

Offline XUR

« Reply #882 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 12:44:03 »
Any chance we can get a New Years/2022 update?

No.

But since you are asking so politely... No.

Offline LiTurk

« Reply #883 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 19:52:01 »
Jaxx just asked for my mothers last name, the street I grow up on, and the name of my first pet. Maybe he needs this for shipping?

Offline gloomycloud

• me enjoy 60s
« Reply #884 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 21:42:58 »
I want my Rukia

How about a Rikia  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

I want this if it comes with an ice cream machine.
HHKB Pro 2 || Polaris || Kei || Meridian || X60 V2

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #885 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 15:25:04 »
All the people who asked for a R3 after the gb ended must feel lucky rn
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 January 2022, 15:27:26 by Neely_12 »

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #886 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 16:30:24 »
All the people who asked for a R3 after the gb ended must feel lucky rn

Funny thing is... if Jaxx ever delivers this round, there'll certainly be people who would try a R3.

Offline lovidore

« Reply #887 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 02:57:53 »
ufff nice exit scam bro. when R2?

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #888 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 14:18:07 »
I've spoken to an attorney about this. He believes that there is certainly a case here. With some very rough numbers, let's say there are 200 participants in this group buy and that the average cost per participant is somewhere around $300. That means that the total amount payed to Weaston (Gray Industries, LLC via Shopify) MINTAUTUMN/Jaxxstatic was somewhere in the neighborhood of $60,000. There are a few options.

The attorney says that the group could bring a lawsuit and that the cost to do this, if all 200 group buy participants also participated in the lawsuit, would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 per participant. This probably isn't the first course of action to take, but is absolutely an option available to us and not something so astronomical as to be completely out of the realm of possibility.

Separate from a civil lawsuit, the attorney believes that taking $60,000 without delivering any product likely constitutes felony fraud. As such, we are going to begin a discussion with The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services which, as far as we can tell, seems to be the appropriate department to take the first steps with.

My PMs are open for any questions. I do not yet need any personal information from anyone to continue moving forward. However, it would be helpful to start getting an idea about who's interested, and how much you spent on this GB, separate from this thread, just so these rough numbers can get slightly less rough. If either course above is to be taken, we'll need to offer evidence. It will also likely be possible for the attorneys to get this information from Shopify if a lawsuit is filed.

It is still my sincere hope that Weaston Jaxxstatic will simply do the right thing, expediently, and ship everyone's orders. I do not believe he has any malicious intent and do not savor the idea of having to take this to court. I think we all just want this to end with everyone as happy as is possible at this point.
/s

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #889 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 14:30:54 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 January 2022, 15:38:50 by dededecline »

Offline ZyBeR

« Reply #890 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 14:51:12 »
I've spoken to an attorney about this. He believes that there is certainly a case here. With some very rough numbers, let's say there are 200 participants in this group buy and that the average cost per participant is somewhere around $300. That means that the total amount payed to Weaston (Gray Industries, LLC via Shopify) MINTAUTUMN/Jaxxstatic was somewhere in the neighborhood of $60,000. There are a few options.

The attorney says that the group could bring a lawsuit and that the cost to do this, if all 200 group buy participants also participated in the lawsuit, would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 per participant. This probably isn't the first course of action to take, but is absolutely an option available to us and not something so astronomical as to be completely out of the realm of possibility.

Separate from a civil lawsuit, the attorney believes that taking $60,000 without delivering any product likely constitutes felony fraud. As such, we are going to begin a discussion with The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services which, as far as we can tell, seems to be the appropriate department to take the first steps with.

My PMs are open for any questions. I do not yet need any personal information from anyone to continue moving forward. However, it would be helpful to start getting an idea about who's interested, and how much you spent on this GB, separate from this thread, just so these rough numbers can get slightly less rough. If either course above is to be taken, we'll need to offer evidence. It will also likely be possible for the attorneys to get this information from Shopify if a lawsuit is filed.

It is still my sincere hope that Weaston Jaxxstatic will simply do the right thing, expediently, and ship everyone's orders. I do not believe he has any malicious intent and do not savor the idea of having to take this to court. I think we all just want this to end with everyone as happy as is possible at this point.
/s
Great effort, I'm in! 👊🏻

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #891 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 15:08:56 »
At this point I'd rather just forget about this in hopes that maybe some day it ships than **** on Jaxx over a potential $50 pay day.

he said the lawsuit would cost roughly $50 per participant at 200 participants, not that each participant would receive $50
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline bard

« Reply #892 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 15:26:58 »

/s

count me in!

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #893 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 15:38:23 »
At this point I'd rather just forget about this in hopes that maybe some day it ships than **** on Jaxx over a potential $50 pay day.

he said the lawsuit would cost roughly $50 per participant at 200 participants, not that each participant would receive $50

Ah got it, I'm good at reading clearly

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #894 on: Thu, 27 January 2022, 16:13:48 »
Chortles

Offline mmontess

« Reply #895 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 15:16:39 »
lol solid meme

Offline KneeDeep

« Reply #896 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 10:02:05 »
Think Jaxx will let me change my address again? I sold my spot and then bought it back cause my buyer didn't think this would ever deliver. I agreed with them and refunded them. All this cause I was hoping he would just cancel my order when he saw I was selling

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #897 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 10:49:30 »
Think Jaxx will let me change my address again? I sold my spot and then bought it back cause my buyer didn't think this would ever deliver. I agreed with them and refunded them. All this cause I was hoping he would just cancel my order when he saw I was selling

Presumably this wouldn't be a problem, however the issue seems to be getting a response at this point.  Maybe he responds to messages about orders though.

Online Rob27shred

« Reply #898 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 12:54:51 »

Can't say for sure if he'll respond to you or not, but Jaxx has been lurking on Discord AFAIK. He hit up a few people not to long ago trying to sell some of his keeb/artisan collection. So I'd try him there first. Again, I have no ideal if he'll respond or not though.

Offline Athlio

« Reply #899 on: Fri, 04 February 2022, 22:04:51 »
Just got my GSKT-00 delivered this week :)

..Jaxx?