Author Topic: Long Live The Queen  (Read 1513 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Long Live The Queen
« on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 16:27:48 »
I am curious how much this will affect you all over in the UK? It's a really big deal, how will this play out?
Does anyone here from the UK particularly like the Royal Family, what's your view on them?

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: Long Live The Queen
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 16:36:55 »
This is a great question. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to processes like this.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 20:15:56 »
why is the thread titled long live the queen, when she's already dead ?

The royal family over there is the same as our military industrial leaders over here.

They control the monopoly on Violence. It's the same in all countries, they're bad people, they farm the rest of us. The queen in particular, had large holdings in weapons/ nv(lear.  Just like our Boe1ng/Lo(kheed/Nor7hrup/Raythe0n

I'd imagine most people are glad these CEOs/ Monarchs are dead, they're a rotten legacy of slavers knowing nothing but violent oppression.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 21:08:29 »

they're a rotten legacy of slavers

People can outgrow their ancestry, but they need to understand its history.
E2 witnessed enormous change, I hope that Charles can help implement significant modern improvement.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 08 September 2022, 21:26:19 »

E2 witnessed enormous change, I hope that Charles can help implement significant modern improvement.

Hahahahahaha..

People can outgrow their ancestry to some extent, but they can not outgrow BEING PEOPLE.

If we agree that they're still hughmahnn, it hasn't changed much.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 00:10:07 »

We mustn't forget one of the Princes recently dressed up like a Nazi for a costume party, so I don't think they are too far removed from their roots.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 05:45:17 »
why is the thread titled long live the queen, when she's already dead ?
Indeed. In the old phrase "The King is Dead. Long Live the King", the first "King" in the phrase refers to the newly deceased king, and the second "King" refers to his son that has now become king.

QE2 is succeeded by King Charles III, so the current phrase would be "The Queen is Dead. Long Live the King".

We mustn't forget one of the Princes recently dressed up like a Nazi for a costume party, so I don't think they are too far removed from their roots.
Not recently. The story broke in January 2005. This was the younger brother, Harry, when he was 20 y/o. He later married a black American actress and complained about racism in a TV interview for Oprah.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 September 2022, 05:51:14 by Findecanor »

Offline illusixn

• Formerly illusixn
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 07:25:41 »

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 09 September 2022, 08:59:14 »

Truth

Offline iri

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 06:00:31 »
In honour of the deceased, I'll list her greatest achievements:

1) having a dead father and being alive at the same time
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury