Author Topic: [IC] LM60/LM65 V2 - LM60 update with thin borders and tadpole/rubber soft mount  (Read 7200 times)

Offline daviddgm

LM60 update with thin borders and tadpole/rubber soft mount

Mount type

Tadpole from Geonworks (will be included)

Mount Shock Absorption Balls - used in drones (will be included)

Details

Top Aluminum
Bottom Aluminum
Side RGB led light through Polycarbonate
Case Angle: 6.5 degrees
Mounting: Silicone Tadpole from Geonworks or Rubber Shock Absorption Balls
Case Material: 6063 aluminum
Making process: CNC - sandblast - anodizing
Front Height: 19 mm
Back Height: 19 mm (with chamfer) and 31 mm (before chamfer)
Weight: ~1400g and ~1800g (mounted with brass plate)
Plate:  Aluminum, Brass, PC or FR4 (PBT on demand)
PCB Compability: GH60 style (GH60, DZ60, BM60, etc) for LM60 V2; DZ65RGB and BM65RGB (and others) for LM65 V2

Prototype

The Prototype Will be made in Feb/2023.

Expected Price

USD 120 more shipping fee

IC Form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bP07Kr1DpraLFFcvPn6Fizut5KGroCBiAzKSciUJoy8

Regards,

Eng. David Martinz - LM Keyboards
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 February 2023, 10:53:17 by daviddgm »

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
this is nice!

Offline Nuap

Please have a HHKB  :thumb:

What durometer value will the tadpoles be? And just to confirm they're genuine from Geon?

Offline daviddgm

Based on the IC Form responses we will make the GB and HHKB option will be available.

The Prototype will be made on the next week to test tadpole/rubber shock hardness options and others checkings.

Please have a HHKB  :thumb:

What durometer value will the tadpoles be? And just to confirm they're genuine from Geon?

Offline hali

• hali.studio
is that a hole in the side profile?

Offline daviddgm

Yes, a hole of 3x3x80 mm to fill with polycarbonate for RGB underglow light.

is that a hole in the side profile?

Offline Kooks

The previous lm60 was fine. I particularly found the quality of the ano and sound to be good for the price. For your next iteration of the lm60 (if you decide to do more wkl or hhkbs) please slightly clean up the gaps that were present on the board. I understand this board is suppose to house many common 60 percent pcbs and priced relatively low but I found there to be VERY slight gaps on the wkl blockers, the side of the board, as well the top above r4. I don't know if this was the plate not positioning well. Otherwise I liked the overall design and finish and excited for this project.

Offline daviddgm

Thank you for the feedback. Yesterday when I was fininshing the design of V2 plate I found the little compability issue with V1 and the plate (not our design) that caused 0.5mm gap difference.

The previous lm60 was fine. I particularly found the quality of the ano and sound to be good for the price. For your next iteration of the lm60 (if you decide to do more wkl or hhkbs) please slightly clean up the gaps that were present on the board. I understand this board is suppose to house many common 60 percent pcbs and priced relatively low but I found there to be VERY slight gaps on the wkl blockers, the side of the board, as well the top above r4. I don't know if this was the plate not positioning well. Otherwise I liked the overall design and finish and excited for this project.

Offline duckdesu

Interested! Hope Red will come back. Also your storefront has some issues with not being able to check out the current stock to my country

Offline daviddgm

For this next LM60 V2 we will add more shipping options, like forwarder in Europe. Where are you from?

Interested! Hope Red will come back. Also your storefront has some issues with not being able to check out the current stock to my country

Offline duckdesu

I'm in the Philippines. There's a few of us here who would like to get some of the V1s too. Aliexpress wont ship to here. Would it be viable for you to set up a shopee/xiapi storefront?

For this next LM60 V2 we will add more shipping options, like forwarder in Europe. Where are you from?

Offline daviddgm

Where are the people that filled the IC form that we can't see on the GB...  :rolleyes:

Offline DirtyGingy

when will lm65 be open for orders?