Poll

What should happen with the payment discrepancy?

Refund money to participants
9 (25%)
Send participants extra switches
8 (22.2%)
Send participants silly things and donate money
19 (52.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:35:50

Author Topic: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates  (Read 300311 times)

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
Re: [GB] Alps Party 60% - Hannibal at the Gates
« Reply #900 on: Sat, 05 December 2015, 23:54:04 »
Now I'm going to shower all of the sweat off, because doing that with a fever was pretty dumb in hindsight.

With any luck, we'll get some nice virus buddies in the package with our keyboards!

Maybe this group buy won't be a failure after all.  ;)

****! I don't have an antivirus program!
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #901 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 12:54:31 »
i think the apples would be better than the artisan caps to be honest

Ouch.  Right in the ego.

I packed some boxes tonight.  17/100  They aren't taped up because I am still waiting on things, so they aren't about to send soon.  All the same, I am proud of the accomplishment.  Now I'm going to shower all of the sweat off, because doing that with a fever was pretty dumb in hindsight.
i hope i get some apples in my package.....
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #902 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:07:23 »
I was feeling a bit better today, so 50/100 orders packed. 

I also took some pictures of the powder coated plates.  The first picture was taken with the plate sitting in a blue TeX Al case with flash, and the second picture was taken in a silver TeX Al case without flash.  This should give you an idea of the color with some searchable references.  The flash/noflash thing was due to some annoying reflection I got while in the silver case that made the color look off.

Edit: Those aren't TeX cases, they are non-branded ones from a recent Massdrop sale.  My mistake.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:42:15 by BlueNalgene »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #903 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:20:53 »

I also took some pictures of the powder coated plates.  The first picture was taken with the plate sitting in a blue TeX Al case with flash, and the second picture was taken in a silver TeX Al case without flash.  This should give you an idea of the color with some searchable references.  The flash/noflash thing was due to some annoying reflection I got while in the silver case that made the color look off.

Show Image

Show Image

Man that looks great

Not sure whether to get the silver or blue tex case now  :D

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #904 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:30:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Man that looks great

Not sure whether to get the silver or blue tex case now  :D
Yes.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #905 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:32:36 »
Blue plate is blue! Happy I dived in for one.

Glad you are feeling better, blue-brah.

Offline E3E

« Reply #906 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:36:30 »
That blue really pops. I can't wait to see some HHKB style builds with these (and what caps people end up using)!.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #907 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:37:39 »
How is there not a pic of the blue plate next to a blue water bottle?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #908 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:38:47 »
I wouldn't recommend getting the blue TeX case for the powder coated plates.  The cases have shine to them and more of a matte look.  It clashes a bit.  That is difficult to see in the photo.  I actually intended to add metal flakes to the clear coat on the plates, but all that was available didn't look good.  The ones I saw looked like they had big chunks of glitter on them rather than the fine powder I had expected.  I'm sure those would look good on a large object, such as a car part at a distance, but something like a keyboard not so much. 

This completely different color swatch I found has the approximate density of glitter they did.

« Last Edit: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:42:34 by BlueNalgene »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #909 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 19:48:37 »
I forgot if I got mine powdercoated or not.  Turns out I did.  Good thing, too!  Looks great, BN.  :thumb:

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #910 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 20:37:35 »
Just totaled up what I spent on this...
Probably really inexpensive for a custom, but not for me

Never tell me the price!

Now I'm tempted to!
Still need a nice z-case or something though, cheap abs case will not cut it.

Anyone know the feasibility of milling your own 60% case? I have an x-carve with a 0.8kw spindle on the way and I guess it would be cool if that was possible :D
I don't know anything about that machine but it's certainly possible in the general sense to mill your own case. I might be trying this to make a couple of simple TEX-style aluminum cases using borrowed time on my former employer's CNC machines. I believe I can source some 1x5x12 6061-T6 bar stock for about $30/ea.
Anything ever come of this? was thinking this or a Z-Case for this build

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #911 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 20:52:42 »

Never tell me the price!

Now I'm tempted to!

Anyone know the feasibility of milling your own 60% case? I have an x-carve with a 0.8kw spindle on the way and I guess it would be cool if that was possible :D
I don't know anything about that machine but it's certainly possible in the general sense to mill your own case. I might be trying this to make a couple of simple TEX-style aluminum cases using borrowed time on my former employer's CNC machines. I believe I can source some 1x5x12 6061-T6 bar stock for about $30/ea.
I haven't even pursued it yet. I was thinking about some time in the new year. No promises though. It might be a pipe dream, and I still have no way to get them anodized.

My boards:
More

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #912 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 20:58:58 »

Never tell me the price!

Now I'm tempted to!

I haven't even pursued it yet. I was thinking about some time in the new year. No promises though. It might be a pipe dream, and I still have no way to get them anodized.

No worries! just making sure i didn't miss anything exciting!

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #913 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 21:32:18 »
I wouldn't recommend getting the blue TeX case for the powder coated plates.  The cases have shine to them and more of a matte look.  It clashes a bit.  That is difficult to see in the photo.  I actually intended to add metal flakes to the clear coat on the plates, but all that was available didn't look good.  The ones I saw looked like they had big chunks of glitter on them rather than the fine powder I had expected.  I'm sure those would look good on a large object, such as a car part at a distance, but something like a keyboard not so much. 

This completely different color swatch I found has the approximate density of glitter they did.

Show Image

Thanks man!

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #914 on: Sun, 06 December 2015, 22:53:23 »

Show Image

Show Image

Edit: Those aren't TeX cases, they are non-branded ones from a recent Massdrop sale.  My mistake.

+1 for fast gb speed
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #915 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 00:35:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

Damn these turned out nice.  I'm so kickin myself in the ass right now for not getting a powder coated plate.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline SJHL

« Reply #916 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 01:45:14 »
Holy crap, I can't wait to get mine. Please tell me that I'm included under that 50 orders!   :p

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #917 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 01:54:54 »
There seems to be a miscommunication.  Packed =! ready to ship.  I am still waiting on the 3D printed part.  Shipment date is still undetermined.  I expect somewhere around the 20th, because I'm a masochist who thinks the post office right before Christmas sounds like fun.

Offline SJHL

« Reply #918 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 01:58:16 »
There seems to be a miscommunication.  Packed =! ready to ship.  I am still waiting on the 3D printed part.  Shipment date is still undetermined.  I expect somewhere around the 20th, because I'm a masochist who thinks the post office right before Christmas sounds like fun.

Thats my fault then. I got too excited, hah.

Offline ika

« Reply #919 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 02:03:44 »

Hopefully you'll be buying and printing your own labels online and just dropping them off at the post office. I can't imagine the postal worker's pain (and the annoyed death stares of the people in the growing line) if you wanted to ship them all at the PO...

Offline axtran

« Reply #920 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 02:45:50 »
Dang it, I'm too late! Any leftover plates for those who didn't know that there was an ALPS customs world brewing out there?
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline geniekid

« Reply #921 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 08:15:29 »

Hopefully you'll be buying and printing your own labels online and just dropping them off at the post office. I can't imagine the postal worker's pain (and the annoyed death stares of the people in the growing line) if you wanted to ship them all at the PO...

Please try to keep the blood on my caps to a minimum.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #922 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 08:55:12 »
Dang it, I'm too late! Any leftover plates for those who didn't know that there was an ALPS customs world brewing out there?

There is a plate buy coming up from LeandreN, if you like a pseudo-HHKB layout. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77342.0
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #923 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:07:14 »

Please try to keep the blood on my caps to a minimum.

I, on the other hand, could use some fresh blood samples.  :thumb:

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #924 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:34:52 »
All blood samples included in the packages were extracted from me by my assistant when my ankle went past his hiding spot under the packing paper.  No government worker is going to take my precious bodily fluids.

Offline axtran

« Reply #925 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:43:06 »

There is a plate buy coming up from LeandreN, if you like a pseudo-HHKB layout. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77342.0

Thanks JD. I'd prefer to just get an AEKII since I'm essentially farming one for all of my build parts, hopefully the LeandreN plates are also compatible (I hear the spacebar is "funky" though).
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline E3E

« Reply #926 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:56:16 »

Thanks JD. I'd prefer to just get an AEKII since I'm essentially farming one for all of my build parts, hopefully the LeandreN plates are also compatible (I hear the spacebar is "funky" though).

I don't think the LeandreN Alps plate will be compatible, as it's 6.25 ANSI. However, all you'd need are some Tai Hao Alps caps and you'd be good to go. :D

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #927 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 15:58:01 »

I don't think the LeandreN Alps plate will be compatible, as it's 6.25 ANSI. However, all you'd need are some Tai Hao Alps caps and you'd be good to go. :D

The Tai Hao caps have 6.25u spacebars?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #928 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 16:22:48 »

Of course. What else would they have?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #929 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 17:35:42 »

Of course. What else would they have?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #930 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:57:05 »
I feel like I killed the thread so now I feel responsible for getting the ball rolling again. Anything new to report? Is there anything exceptionally interesting some of you are doing with your GB items? I think my Alps HHKB can be considered interesting, although I have no idea what switches to put in it :\
I don't want clicky, I don't want linear, and I've had a bad experience with salmon Alps so far, but I feel like using matias switches are the easy way out.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #931 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:03:58 »
I feel like I killed the thread so now I feel responsible for getting the ball rolling again. Anything new to report? Is there anything exceptionally interesting some of you are doing with your GB items? I think my Alps HHKB can be considered interesting, although I have no idea what switches to put in it :\
I don't want clicky, I don't want linear, and I've had a bad experience with salmon Alps so far, but I feel like using matias switches are the easy way out.

AFAIK, there are only 3 or 4 types of Alps switches in current manufacture. Fukka/Fuhua, XM, Tai Hao, and Matias, right? Why stress about finding vintage switches, which may or may not be nicer or worse than brand new switches? Put those Matias in there and away you go! :D

in memoriam

Offline cheddarbek

« Reply #932 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:28:18 »

AFAIK, there are only 3 or 4 types of Alps switches in current manufacture. Fukka/Fuhua, XM, Tai Hao, and Matias, right? Why stress about finding vintage switches, which may or may not be nicer or worse than brand new switches? Put those Matias in there and away you go! :D

Why stress about vintage? Because DEM FEELS. :D

Obviously it's all personal preference, but I love the feel of vintage switches far more than the modern variants (mind you, the only moderns I've used were Matias).
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 km²), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 km²),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #933 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:48:49 »

No clicky or linear? What about SKCM Orange?

Offline E3E

« Reply #934 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:58:07 »

Yeah, if you're a topre fan, maybe look into an IBM 5140 for its brown tactile alps that are supposedly like topre. I'm honestly not sure about that claim though, but I do hear they are nice.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #935 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 16:06:25 »

Yeah, if you're a topre fan, maybe look into an IBM 5140 for its brown tactile alps that are supposedly like topre. I'm honestly not sure about that claim though, but I do hear they are nice.

For one of my two builds I'm planning on using some SKCM Browns, pulling them from an old Xerox board that I can't really do much else with

Offline E3E

« Reply #936 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 16:12:12 »

For one of my two builds I'm planning on using some SKCM Browns, pulling them from an old Xerox board that I can't really do much else with

Thank gawd for the IBM 5140, because otherwise, the SKCM browns would be pretty much as hard to find as SKCL browns and SKCM greens. I thought I recalled old full-size boards having tactile browns, too--looks like you found one. :D

What do you plan on putting in the other build, MAR? :)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #937 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 16:59:11 »

Thank gawd for the IBM 5140, because otherwise, the SKCM browns would be pretty much as hard to find as SKCL browns and SKCM greens. I thought I recalled old full-size boards having tactile browns, too--looks like you found one. :D

What do you plan on putting in the other build, MAR? :)

On the 2nd build I'm going to use some Matias Quiet Clicks

I'm getting the Browns from a board that's almost identical to the board that Nubbinator has
http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/xerox-with-tactile-green-alps-t8461.html

I better start desoldering, cleaning and lubing them up

The board also has these funky half sized switches too

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #938 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 21:45:46 »
So since I'm a keyboard hipster I am going to keep an eye out for tactile green alps keyboards. Wish me luck...

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #939 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 00:16:04 »
Would you say $80 is too much to pay if one were to find such a board?

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #940 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 00:47:13 »

Are you talking about a Green SKCM board? I'm actually not sure how much they go for.

Edit: The few that have bought an SKCM green board (AHEM, nubbinator), I'm also interested in knowing the general price range I should be looking at.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 00:50:29 by sean »

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #941 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 02:14:55 »
I got my board with the Browns for about 5€. So yeah I would say $80 is way tooooo much if you're just going to harvest the switches

Offline E3E

« Reply #942 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 03:54:33 »

Unless you're getting your board from a recycler or eBay.de (I might be generalizing here, but I keep seeing boards go for less than 10 Euros there), then $80 is a perfectly reasonable price for something if the demand is high enough. If you managed to find a Green SKCM board and really really wanted it, then I think the price could be rationalized.

There was that guy who really wanted to buy an NTC 6151ER with blue alps for $153 + at least $20 shipping, despite having two missing keys and one destroyed switch. Demand can sometimes be VERY localized.

Are you talking about a Green SKCM board? I'm actually not sure how much they go for.

Edit: The few that have bought an SKCM green board (AHEM, nubbinator), I'm also interested in knowing the general price range I should be looking at.

I just got an IBM 5140 for around $27 on eBay. I was lucky, because it went mostly under the radar and only one person bid on it. The SKCM browns will  blend in well with my SKCL browns haha. 

I got my board with the Browns for about 5€. So yeah I would say $80 is way tooooo much if you're just going to harvest the switches

Did you get yours locally or online?

I agree, and this extends to ANY switch variety, including SKCM blues, but unless you can find a deal at an e-cycler or manage to find someone throwing it away locally who isn't privy to the keyboard community... You're always going to pay more, especially online.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #943 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 04:52:23 »
I'm not saying everyone will get one for 5€. But as I said, I think $80 is too much if you're just going to harvest. I think the most I would spend on a harvest board would be $50.

I got mine online and locally. Found the guy, online (ebay) and saw he lived 5min from where I work. So I went over and got 5 different boards for 30€ (so I guess I paid 6€ and not 5€ for each).
- Xerox
- Model M (rubber dome)
- Silicon Graphics E02737052 (foam and foil http://imgur.com/a/vTNsE#0)
- Apple EKII
- Sun-2

The guy collects old computers and was selling some keyboards he didn't have the computers that went with them.

I'm also thinking of making an IC on PMKB, that would be based off the keyset from the Xerox
here's a unfinished rough idea (WIP) of what the TKL part would look like

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #944 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 06:55:49 »

Yeah $80 is a lot, but that is also a currency conversion from Japanese Yen. Still it is a lot. I'm just not sure where else I would find another board like that. I suppose patience is key with these things. I'll keep waiting.

Offline E3E

« Reply #945 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 06:58:20 »

Yeah $80 is a lot, but that is also a currency conversion from Japanese Yen. Still it is a lot. I'm just not sure where else I would find another board like that. I suppose patience is key with these things. I'll keep waiting.

Yep, you're right. If it's beyond what you want to pay, patience is definitely the key. I've seen people pay insane amounts for blue alps boards while seeing other similar, sometimes even rarer examples in better condition go for a lot less. Patience is key. Sometimes you might also find a generous (or oblivious?) seller like MAR82 has.

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #946 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:21:58 »

I really like orange Alps... but I cant bring myself to harvest from my Apple M0116... I like it too much and use it with old machines... so I've settled on the Matias quiet switches...

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #947 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 21:59:57 »
I'm not saying everyone will get one for 5€. But as I said, I think $80 is too much if you're just going to harvest. I think the most I would spend on a harvest board would be $50.

I got mine online and locally. Found the guy, online (ebay) and saw he lived 5min from where I work. So I went over and got 5 different boards for 30€ (so I guess I paid 6€ and not 5€ for each).
- Xerox
- Model M (rubber dome)
- Silicon Graphics E02737052 (foam and foil http://imgur.com/a/vTNsE#0)
- Apple EKII
- Sun-2

The guy collects old computers and was selling some keyboards he didn't have the computers that went with them.

I'm also thinking of making an IC on PMKB, that would be based off the keyset from the Xerox
here's a unfinished rough idea (WIP) of what the TKL part would look like
Show Image

I like the colours

what legends would you go with?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #948 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 22:07:31 »

You do have to keep in mind that tactile green Alps are more rare than Taxi Yellow, Blues, Browns, Salmons, and pretty much any other Alps switch out there.  $100 is considered a good price for Brown Alps, so $80 would be a great price.  I know some might disagree with me, but I was lucky when I stumbled into them and jacobulus is the only other person I know who has a board with them.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #949 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 23:26:04 »

You do have to keep in mind that tactile green Alps are more rare than Taxi Yellow, Blues, Browns, Salmons, and pretty much any other Alps switch out there.  $100 is considered a good price for Brown Alps, so $80 would be a great price.  I know some might disagree with me, but I was lucky when I stumbled into them and jacobulus is the only other person I know who has a board with them.

The board I was eyeing, a Sharp X68000, has linear greens, so I guess that makes it less desirable. It is also super super fugly.