Author Topic: We are a part of this community  (Read 25505 times)

Offline deduction

• unix layout zealot
Re: We are a part of this community
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 16:23:39 »
Much <3 to the CTRLALT team. You guys rock.

Dude, for real.  Just came here to share my love for Bro and Bunny and the whole ctrlalt family.  You guys do amazing work, you are a strong presence in the community.. Really you're a shining example of how to do the small, artisan business.

Offline bcredbottle

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:04:57 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:05:26 »
lol https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/47lwv1/ripster_chronicles/d0dvpyc

top kek NA

At least you know you didn't make a mistake.  :))

What does NA mean? bee told me that and I don't know what it means.

North America.  IIRC it (the whole phrase, not NA = North America) came from a video game dominated by Asian players, so people half-jokingly said "Best <blank> NA" to identify the top players in North America, though they were still nowhere near as good as the Asian players.  Can't find where I read that though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hence why billnye is "top skammer NA", etc.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:14:13 »
lol https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/47lwv1/ripster_chronicles/d0dvpyc

top kek NA

North America.  IIRC it (the whole phrase, not NA = North America) came from a video game dominated by Asian players, so people half-jokingly said "Best <blank> NA" to identify the top players in North America, though they were still nowhere near as good as the Asian players.  Can't find where I read that though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's what I thought, but I couldn't make sense from it before. o_O

Offline deduction

• unix layout zealot
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:19:56 »

top kek NA

Yep, my understanding, too.  People used it a TON in CSGO a year or two years ago and it seems to have caught on like wildfire in gaming communities that have more skilled EU and APAC player bases.

Offline Ryukuxyz

• VE.A!!!
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 10:01:52 »
I honestly don't understand how naïve someone can be to post that sort of stuff in regards to your company/service and then proceed to ***** about you guys cancelling his order. SMH.

Offline ploooopp

• My personal text wouldn't fit. This will do.
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 15:59:58 »
I'm not sure if mr Brocaps sir will see this or not. I've never bought an artisan keycap, mostly because I can't afford one at the moment (no job and alot of studying) but I've always been under the impression that you pay for what you get, so when I see a keycap going for 60$ and It's an 11 piece aluminium structure, I can absolutely get behind that. I wont be able to buy it even though I really want to, but I understand the reason for the price. I go on CtrlAlt alot, to just look at the brobots, I think the caps look fantastic and I've always wanted one (currently looking for a conservative red to match my keycap set) So I understand paying 35$ for one, because they look clean and absolutely fantastic. Sure I got a bit supprised when I saw the price of the NightStalker and didn't think it was a good idea to not offer an option to where you could only buy the keycap. It took a day and the team at Brocaps had listened and added a 48$ option where you only get the keycap, I think that's absolutely fair.

Here's another thing. How in the everything that is holy can I miss a brocaps sale by 3 hours and nothing is available, it sucks. I wanted a Ridic Red reaper but couldnt get one. The guys buying the keycaps are lightning fast.

Either way, great keycaps in general, amazing design and atleast you're learning from your buiseness misshaps, which is alot better than most companies!

Good luck in the future, I hope to get a hold of some Brobots sooner or later!

This sale was a raffle. If you didn't enter in the allotted period I'm afraid you will miss out.  :(

That being said, I agree with you. Artisans don't have to justify their prices to us. They know exactly how much it cost to produce, and they charge what they think is a fair price. Hell, they could charge even more and it's still fair.

Sorry, I'm new at this, how does a raffle work if the sale is/was up on the site? Truly clueless!
So... I can put anything here?

Offline ploooopp

• My personal text wouldn't fit. This will do.
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 16:02:33 »

top kek NA

Excuse my ignorance, but what happened with Ripster? Wasn't/Isn't he a mod on R/mk and a highly regarded member of the community? Or have I gotten it all wrong?
So... I can put anything here?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 16:03:03 »
I'm not sure if mr Brocaps sir will see this or not. I've never bought an artisan keycap, mostly because I can't afford one at the moment (no job and alot of studying) but I've always been under the impression that you pay for what you get, so when I see a keycap going for 60$ and It's an 11 piece aluminium structure, I can absolutely get behind that. I wont be able to buy it even though I really want to, but I understand the reason for the price. I go on CtrlAlt alot, to just look at the brobots, I think the caps look fantastic and I've always wanted one (currently looking for a conservative red to match my keycap set) So I understand paying 35$ for one, because they look clean and absolutely fantastic. Sure I got a bit supprised when I saw the price of the NightStalker and didn't think it was a good idea to not offer an option to where you could only buy the keycap. It took a day and the team at Brocaps had listened and added a 48$ option where you only get the keycap, I think that's absolutely fair.

Here's another thing. How in the everything that is holy can I miss a brocaps sale by 3 hours and nothing is available, it sucks. I wanted a Ridic Red reaper but couldnt get one. The guys buying the keycaps are lightning fast.

Either way, great keycaps in general, amazing design and atleast you're learning from your buiseness misshaps, which is alot better than most companies!

Good luck in the future, I hope to get a hold of some Brobots sooner or later!

This sale was a raffle. If you didn't enter in the allotted period I'm afraid you will miss out.  :(

That being said, I agree with you. Artisans don't have to justify their prices to us. They know exactly how much it cost to produce, and they charge what they think is a fair price. Hell, they could charge even more and it's still fair.

Sorry, I'm new at this, how does a raffle work if the sale is/was up on the site? Truly clueless!

You enter the raffle through the website. You select the caps that you're interested in, and then submit your ticket. If your ticket is selected you are then eligible to win up to three of the caps you chose (if they are all still available).

Offline Malenky

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 18:54:07 »

top kek NA

Yep, my understanding, too.  People used it a TON in CSGO a year or two years ago and it seems to have caught on like wildfire in gaming communities that have more skilled EU and APAC player bases.

It's also used a lot in WoW pvp, since its one big community but EU and NA servers are separate and players from the two region don't face each other. So you get "best ... EU" or "best ... NA".

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 01:15:09 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 01:42:56 »