Author Topic: Nominate-A-Bro 3.0  (Read 47724 times)

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
Nominate-A-Bro 3.0
« on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:35:14 »
This will be an ongoing effort to give back to awesome people in the community. The rules are simple;

1. Make a post describing your experience with a member of the community, and what makes them awesome (nominate as many as you like, just separate the posts, and have an actual story with it)
2. At the end of the nominations, a handful of winners will be selected for the prizes.
3. Winners will receive the prizes in the mail (all free, of course)

Prizes:

Grand Prize: Full Golden Dibs Ticket - Winner: switchnollie
Prize 1: Brand New Logitech G810 - Winner: n3rdly
Prize 2: MOBA Gamer set (MX)- Winner: nickheller
Prize 3: Reaper Classic (MX, Topre or IBM)- Winner: jokrik
Prize 4: Random Keycap (MX, Topre or IBM)

Here is last years Nominate-A-Bro
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 June 2016, 21:44:41 by Bro Caps »

Offline dohbot

Re: Nominate-A-Bro 3.0
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:37:02 »
Finally a chance to say how much I like the people here! I'll have some nice stories to share tonight!
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:37:36 »
I nominate asdfjkl36. An extremely polite guy who was always happy to talk to me about artisans. I know it's simple, but trading with him and talking to him has been an absolute pleasure. He also bribes me with sour candy. Never realized how intense Warheads were.

I'll also throw in sarahnicole here with him since they're a dynamic duo.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:43:38 by FLFisherman »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:38:06 »
dgneo

Never had a negative experience with this guy. Super chill, super helpful. Started talking to him outside the forums and he's helped me both with stupid technical questions and big-hitting personal things. 10/10 deserves recognition.

Offline joey

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:38:20 »
joey.

He's always buying me cool stuff and just paid for a trip to Australia for me.

Top dude.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:39:09 »
demik. Always have great talks with him, he organized the HHKB World Tour to get people to try the glorious oneness with cup rubber, and organized getting Air Tree an HHKB, stand up guy for sure.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 March 2016, 03:54:58 by dgneo »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:40:47 »
Demik. Always have great talks with him, and he organized getting Air Tree an HHKB, stand up guy for sure.

We do not have a member with the username Demik
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:43:23 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:41:05 »
Too many to list, but for now I'll say ika. He's a really cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything, and has helped me dive into the worlds of both 60% boards and MX switches. He even volunteered to get a board started for me before I had all the necessary funds set, and said to get it over whenever I could. He was helpful when I received it, and has responded to all my nonsense regarding future builds.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:41:08 »
thefebuaryman

He's super nice, when I first got my HHKB he let me know how to turn capslock off which I asked four times in the simple question thread without a answer he also sent me a cable free of charge too so thats nice of him, and I like him and have talked to him he also  always PM's me if we happened to of ordered things at the same time to say his just entered the country so all around a lovely person.

Also direct from last years Nominations

« Reply #112 on: 27 September 2015, 14:22:41 »
On the note I would also like to nominate Evo_Spec He's a lovely person and has offered multiple times to get me things from Japan too, most recently a B-shop exclusive Jesta cannon model, which I think is lovely of him, he also really likes green and is a little down on luck at the moment so something like this would be awesome for him!

He's still a awesome person and needs some love

Hope to see some completely new winners this time, and new faces though.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 15:42:11 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:42:01 »
Jbondeson, is one of the biggest reasons I come back to IRC from time to time. Really kind scandiwovian who is also very good at crafting.

Also, everyone who enjoys and supports the dog newsletter. Your support actually means a lot to me even though it's just about dogs. If we get a cap, It'll be an anniversary giveaway for the subscribers!  :-*
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 19:34:15 by Signature »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline justify

• Great news!
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:42:45 »
fgd

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:44:16 »
I'm gonna nominate flfisherman. He is always a pleasure to talk to and is one of the most active people on the Slack. He is always willing to help people keep an eye out for caps they want. Playing jeopardy against him yesterday was hella fun also. 10/10 mate.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:44:19 »
I would like to nominate Jokrik.

I am fairly new to the whole keyboard scene but he is the one that has been the kindest to me so far =)
Just the regular talk about how each others day was, sharing pictures of our food and talking about keycaps.
We were researching some things for our 60% keyboards and he even asked me for advice, gha!

It might sound simple and all, but people like Jokrik are the ones who make geekhack great for me.

Thanks Jokrik =)
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:47:14 by Diokhan »

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:44:22 »
Livingspeedbump

Dude has been great for the community. He has hooked me up and helped me many many times. Dude is overall awesome and the world needs more people like him.

Nubs (Nubbinator)

Dude is always creating stuff and is always contributing to the community. He also hooked me up with tasty beer. You should make him a custom Beer Bro

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:45:08 »
demik. Always have great talks with him, and he organized getting Air Tree an HHKB, stand up guy for sure.

Demik. Always have great talks with him, and he organized getting Air Tree an HHKB, stand up guy for sure.

We do not have a member with the username Demik

Was gonna write "inb4 demik" but it looks like I was too late. Who doesn't like demik?

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:45:28 »
Linkshine

This guy is a royal pain in the butt, but he's easily one of my best friends in this community. He's helped me obtain a handful of artisans and always had my back during that mechmarket fiasco. Dude's true to the core and made me a promise last year that he'd help me get my dream keyset, Hackd By Geeks. Guess What? He came through. Easily the best Bro around, minus Bro Caps, of course.
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:48:51 »
Steezus - always has been lovely to talk to, and he has helped me a lot throughout finding out new things about keyboards and just generally being really helpful.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:50:28 »
Steezus - always has been lovely to talk to, and he has helped me a lot throughout finding out new things about keyboards and just generally being really helpful.

Where is that guy? He's been gone a while.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:51:35 »
nickheller

for love of green tea kit kat and being one of my favorite members to talk to here and on slack.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:52:10 »

AFAIK he has a lot of stuff irl that he's being dealing with, I still try and keep up with him on Skype however.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:52:30 »
The bro that I'd like to nominate is w00zie!

This bro knew I had been eye'ing a particular keycap which he owned and provided me the opportunity to trade with the person (a real-life friend) w/ whom he traded the cap with ~
After giving me his reddit info, he vouched for the guy's trustworthiness & ensured that me he'd make certain I would receive the cap. (1st-time trader here)

He didn't have to and stood to gain nothing from putting me on notice of the opportunity & facilitating the trade ~ Really surprised me! Nice fellow  :thumb:

∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:53:10 »

I was going to nominate him too, but he's been inactive ~ great guy, hope he comes back!
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:53:14 »
BunnyLake

I have nothing but good things to say about bunny. He was the first person to greet me on these forums (though I'm certain it's not something he'll recall  :))). In every interaction I've had with him he's been nothing but kind and respectful, despite how busy he always is. He gives 110% to everything he does and has made quite a name for himself.

I doubt he'd want even more caps (he's always quick to give them away to help someone out), but I still want to nominate him. The guy is truly a Bro, and I consider him the face of the CTRL ALT team.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:58:03 »
I like the concept of this thread a lot. Quite a few people come to mind, but some have already been mentioned. Going to go with:

apolotary

Always polite and kind, and willing to help and share experiences. Sells stuff at a loss to help others procure stuff. A+
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:58:35 »
Eat_the_food

This guy is awesome. From giving away like 100 caps to the community, doing a "golden ticket" style giveaway, to making a custom cap for me during the middle of getting ready for a sale. This guy deserves a Bro for being a total Bro to the community.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:58:41 »
fohat.digs

helped me out big time with model f restoration
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:03:10 »
Livingspeedbump

Dude has been great for the community. He has hooked me up and helped me many many times. Dude is overall awesome and the world needs more people like him. 

You beat me to it. I first saw LSB over on reddit, and I recall him explaining something to me (afraid I've forgotten what we discussed; it was several months ago). Another great Bro who is willing to go out of his way to help others, and I'm certain there are lots of people who agree with me.

I also want to nominate bcredbottle (there's no limit to how many nominations we can make, right?)

bcred was the first person to PM me on GH when I had no idea what I was doing and was just looking for artisan caps. He was kind enough to offer me one to sort of jump start my collection. In the time since then, I've seen him around helping people out and trying to get a South Florida meetup going on. I think this might be the year.  :D

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:06:04 »
Linkshine

This guy is a royal pain in the butt, but he's easily one of my best friends in this community. He's helped me obtain a handful of artisans and always had my back during that mechmarket fiasco. Dude's true to the core and made me a promise last year that he'd help me get my dream keyset, Hackd By Geeks. Guess What? He came through. Easily the best Bro around, minus Bro Caps, of course.

+1. Dude is super thoughtful, honest, and generally dope.

Also,

e3e - Guy is very willing to help and works hard for the community, just not in ways that gain a lot of attention. Solid bro. He ran a giveaway for me and did all of the hard work. I offered him his pick of the stuff offered, and he took the crappiest one b/c he didn't want to detract from the giveaway.

And +1 for eat_the_food. Largest single artisan keycap giveaway ever.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:13:27 by bcredbottle »

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:11:38 »
Eat_the_food

This guy is awesome. From giving away like 100 caps to the community, doing a "golden ticket" style giveaway, to making a custom cap for me during the middle of getting ready for a sale. This guy deserves a Bro for being a total Bro to the community.

Agree, +1 for Eat_the_food
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline ika

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:12:35 »
I'll throw down Binge's name here. He's a pleasure to talk to on both Slack and IRC and always willing to share his knowledge and experience with his craft. He wishes the best for the community and often sacrifices himself for its betterment.

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:18:41 »
Binge.

This guy is pretty incredible. He and I have had in depth conversations on his perspective of art and how pure imagination is reflected directly onto whatever is created by an artist. He's very humble about his work and never ceases to amaze the collectors of his caps. He's genuinely understanding and even assisted those who didn't get the chance at any of his caps via sales. I can't think of a negative comment to say about the dude and he produces some pretty awesome caps too. :)
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:20:03 »
Wow so many people I want to nominate. I don't want to play favorites ):

Shoutout to jerue for always willing to chat with me and being so welcoming and considerate with my n00b questions.

riotinthebay is also one of the nicest and most welcoming person on GH!
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:28:44 by 1swt2gs »
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:21:37 »
Binge.

This guy is pretty incredible. He and I have had in depth conversations on his perspective of art and how pure imagination is reflected directly onto whatever is created by an artist. He's very humble about his work and never ceases to amaze the collectors of his caps. He's genuinely understanding and even assisted those who didn't get the chance at any of his caps via sales. I can't think of a negative comment to say about the dude and he produces some pretty awesome caps too. :)

On Slack one time someone Binge explained every element of some Kandinsky painting. It was pretty awesome. Probably one of the most interesting people on GH.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:22:08 »
I'm nominating:
punksdead/hipsterpunks/kipphuntress

hE mAdE mE fAmOuS

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:30:29 »
D'awwwwww you guys.

I wanna nominate Skcheng. This good man has gone above and beyond for me and countless others and is totally selfless. He's who I want to be some day, Good Lord willing. Don't really have a specific story aside from watching this guy in action- I can list 4 ppl offhand that he's selflessly hooked up with dream caps in the past month. If we were on the island in Lord of the Flies, I'd vote Skcheng be the leader

Others I could write endless stories about:
hannahpeach
theteam
thefebruaryman
dustin
rowdy
signature
bcredbottle
chilldude
rjmana
xx7

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 17:11:55 by linkshine »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:35:14 »
Bee.

Just because I know she won't win. And because she got me thin mints.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:35:18 »
Lurch

He has reinvigorated my love of jungle/dnb and it's a been a lot of fun to share my love of something outside of keyboards with him.... Not even sure if he is on here. Talk to him on slack mainly.

Booper

She is also always willing to chat with me about stuff. She is super nice!

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:38:29 »
D'awwwwww you guys.

I wanna nominate Skcheng. This good man has gone above and beyond for me and countless others and is totally selfless. He's who I want to be some day, Good Lord willing.

I'd like to nominate Skcheng as well, nobody cares about my teeth like he does which is why the last package I got from him included
some of the best toothbrushes I have ever used. He is easily my favorite tooth fairy!

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:40:08 by HannahPeach »

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:48:47 »
Leandren

Always a pleasure to talk to on Slack to make my workdays less boring, he also doesn't judge me like everybody else because I prefer the big phat enters (ISO). <3

| ISO |

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:56:18 »
I'd like to nominate the following people,

codyeatworld - he has really made me feel capable of learning new things.  Guy hustles hard and still has time for others while asking for very little in return.

nubbinator - the heart and soul of our GH secret santa, material hacker, star MS paint bro, and all around chill elder guy.

scgmdx2 - Very positive slacker who's treated me just like I feel he would any person from day 1 of making contact.  Great outlook and that positivity has made the worst weekdays pass sometimes exponentially faster.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:58:08 »
demik.
because the dude is a champ.
he did just give away a Duck Viper, I mean, c'mon, who does that?

Kudos.
because the dude is the best person to just talk life with around.
also, he works like a beast to get caps out to the community and has brought so many people together.

retrochick.
definitely BFF material. been an absolute pleasure hanging out with her and seeing how much she cares about her craft.

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 15:04:11 by livingspeedbump »
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #41 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 14:59:19 »
Nominating Binge as he took time out of his schedule to give me a badass cap making lesson at his place.  Excellent experience.

Also nominating skcheng as he is incredibly nice and generous, helped me get a few caps I've been after for a long time, and cares about my dental health :)  :thumb:

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 15:02:47 »
I'm not going at expressing exactly the way I feel, but here goes nothing.

demik

demik has been so generous it's unreal, he organized getting me another HHKB after I lost 90% of my personal possessions, along with that demik has been kind to a pretty large amount of the community, demiks hard on the outside but at the center he is soft and gooey.  :))

I can't think of how I can fully repay demik and everyone who helped me out and showed a large amount of kindness towards me.

inanis
I honestly feel bad, She along with many other people who threw in money to get me another HHKB, I haven't even had a chance to really talk to, but I can say throughout the time she has been on geekhack, she has been nothing but nice to everyone. Helping out people. She even put up with me being really late on my secret santa when I was having some chaotic moments in my life.

Nubbinator

Recently, I've come to realise, even though I haven't had the chance to really talk to a lot of the nice people outside of the forum setting, I really want to change that. Nubbinator was up there giving ready to give sell off a cap of his to help get me another board, and is sending me stuff to go along with the HHKB everyone has pitched in to get me.

Everyone has been so generous in such a short time on geekhack, it's made me feel bad, I wish I had done more to be a better member of the community towards a lot of nice people. I'm really going to continue to try and be a better member of the community towards everyone, and even with that thought, everyone, even people who have barely shared a PM with me, have done so much.

Too all of you guys who have show kindness towards me and the rest of the community:

I'm going to nominate some people in a little bit.

Does this post coincide with the rules? I can separate the nominations if that would be better.

My apologies if the post comes across odd, I'm **** with words.  :))
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 15:04:42 by Air tree »

Offline Frizer

« Reply #43 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 15:35:05 »
BlueNalgene

We had to talk due to an issue on a group buy. He came across as a heart on the sleeve type of fellow and someone I would be happy to count on. He contributes to GH like a man spraying marshmallow bullets out of an AK47.

I also have this weird 3D printed thing due to him which I don't know what to do with?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 16:54:53 »
Having never had any interaction with him before or since I tried to buy some springs from xondat but was too slow and they were already sold.  He said he would let me know if he saw anyone selling some and sure enough a couple of days later sent me a link so I thanked him and bought them.  That was nice but he wasn't done - weeks later I got another PM asking if I was still looking as he was going to put in an order with Zeal and could add some for me.

It's only a small thing but having that much consideration for a complete stranger is admirable and I really appreciated it, so I'd like to nominate him.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 17:07:34 »
I am nominating Nubbinator. 
   Is there actually any need for another reason?  He has been an eternal source of knowledge for me, as well as a great guy to hang with and have some great beer.  He also drove down and helped me sort my Alps GB, and even brought beer. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 17:08:01 »
I'll probably nominate a few.

To start: skcheng

Dude is a total bro.  He's not as visible as he used to be, but he always does a lot of stuff behind the scenes.  He recently helped me out with a HHKB Type-S and sent me a cool celluloid fountain pen along with some Mont Blanc ink just because he saw that I liked playing around with fountain pens.  He's always giving encouraging words, giving thoughtful and unrequested little gifts, and just tries to help people out.  I get the feeling that he's the type of guy who would see someone having a hard time at a restaurant, pay for their meal, and walk out without telling anyone or letting anyone but the server know.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 17:12:41 by nubbinator »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 17:09:20 »
I am nominating njbair
  He has been a stand up guy and did a ton of help with the design and motivation for my GB.  He also picked up the torch and ran with it on his own Alps GB.   :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 17:11:40 »
Next up:  demik

He called me an honorary Mexican.  It think that's enough.  But, as others have pointed out, he has a thick thorny outer shell with a soft center.  He got Destiny that Baby Alive doll that would haunt absyrd's dreams, he's given away more than I can remember, and has a refreshing bluntness, even if I don't always agree with it. 

A true Bro is someone who's there for you, but will call you out on your ****.  demik certainly fills that role.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 March 2016, 17:13:45 by nubbinator »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #49 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 17:12:51 »
I nominate jdcarpe.
   JD has been a part of this community for a long time and has done nothing but give.  He is an eternal source of knowledge and encouragement to those that are just starting this hobby and to people taking it to the next step.