Author Topic: [Layout Advice] 60% HHKB layouts for OSX Expose & Virtual Desktops  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Starius

[Layout Advice] 60% HHKB layouts for OSX Expose & Virtual Desktops
« on: Wed, 12 September 2018, 20:49:21 »
Hi guys,

I recently got my Tokyo60 board and I love it.  Its my first 60% board, and my first time trying to do QMK configurations.  I've been using QMK Configurator to do my layouts, with a couple basic layers for working in both Windows 10 and Mac OS X. 

But I'm looking for advice from the community on good configurations for handling Expose features in OSX and for changing between virtual desktops.
A lot of these features in particular use key combinations that use arrow key functions and I haven't found a great way to work with these yet.
I was using a Momentary layer to switch the WASD keys to arrow keys, as that was pretty natural for me coming from gaming.... but I was having trouble getting momentary layers to work well in OSX.
Would this be because I had my Basic windows friendly layout on layer 0, Momentary on layer 1, and another OSX specific layout on layer 2?   
Should I have momentary layers always higher up? 

And what layout configurations have you other OSX users used for dealing with virtual desktop navigation, etc?

Looking forward to hearing some tips, as I'm kind of stumbling along with trial and error right now.