Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8570330 times)

Offline sleepy916

Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #29150 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:10:53 »
Missed two? Fantastic...

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #29151 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:14:44 »
Missed two? Fantastic...

I'm here for you.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #29152 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:18:30 »
Missed two? Fantastic...

I'm here for you.

Thank you! I was already bummed out today from finally getting our dining chairs after waiting 3 months for them to arrived. Then to see that 3 out of the 4 were broken in the box.  :(

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #29153 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:23:09 »
oh **** i didn't realize there was a second one

rip
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #29154 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:23:24 »
Well... the good thing is I don’t have to worry about it the rest of the day....

probably have 2 or 3 more just because you said that  :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #29155 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:24:21 »
Well... the good thing is I don’t have to worry about it the rest of the day....

don't tempt fate like that i'm about to leave the dmv
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #29156 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:25:44 »

don't tempt fate like that i'm about to leave the dmv

and now the timeframe is within the next 30 mins
(just kidding)
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:37:38 by sncbraxsc2 »

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #29157 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 12:37:43 »
Missed two? Fantastic...

I'm here for you.

Thank you! I was already bummed out today from finally getting our dining chairs after waiting 3 months for them to arrived. Then to see that 3 out of the 4 were broken in the box.  :(

You're welcome and that is really rough. I'd be livid

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #29158 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 13:41:18 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #29159 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 13:42:21 »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #29160 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 14:00:37 »
Congrats naasfu and pace.   :thumb:

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #29161 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 14:00:41 »
ooooooooo

Fun.

Congrats peoples! Sharks!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29162 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 14:26:05 »
Am I crazy or are these getting earlier and earlier?

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #29163 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 14:30:19 »
Clackman switching things up. How evil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #29164 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 15:03:19 »
ooooooooo

Fun.

Congrats peoples! Sharks!

Chomp chomp

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #29165 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 15:29:05 »
Whoa these are happening mad early lately! I have long days at work starting this year so no dice for m. See ya next time. Congrats naasfu!

Work is the perfect place to enter! Unless you're stuck in meetings all day   :-X

You would think so, but I work in the medical field so it's a nonstop rally; always doing something, meetings or not :-X

Offline derznation

« Reply #29166 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 15:40:16 »
Whoa these are happening mad early lately! I have long days at work starting this year so no dice for m. See ya next time. Congrats naasfu!

Work is the perfect place to enter! Unless you're stuck in meetings all day   :-X

You would think so, but I work in the medical field so it's a nonstop rally; always doing something, meetings or not :-X

Ahh gotcha, I'm lucky because a few days a week I get to bury myself in code and can pop over and refresh the forum every few minutes  :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29167 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:05:37 »
It kinda feels like the people who have to work or don't live in the US are getting the raw deal this year. Especially when you consider the very real statistics showing the same people winning a much higher majority of these this year. It is clear that by no real intentional fault of CC's he is drastically increasing the chances for some, which ultimately defeats the entire design of doing sales this way.

What do you all think?

I'm lazy at the moment, but showing a statistical correlation of all this years entries vs the winners I reckon the data would show a handful of people have won a dramatic amount more than others. And you cannot simply explain that away with 'they are better at clackvent,' there are more external factors at play giving them an edge (time/location/work hours/etc.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:09:24 by noisyturtle »

Offline joey

« Reply #29168 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:15:18 »
It is clear that by no real intentional fault of CC's he is drastically increasing the chances for some, which ultimately defeats the entire design of doing sales this way.

Has CC actually stated his reasons for doing it this style?

(Apart from the obvious reason that he is a masochist and loves to watch us go crazy)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29169 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:18:25 »
It is clear that by no real intentional fault of CC's he is drastically increasing the chances for some, which ultimately defeats the entire design of doing sales this way.

Has CC actually stated his reasons for doing it this style?

(Apart from the obvious reason that he is a masochist and loves to watch us go crazy)

When he tried doing raffles some attempted to game the system with bots. This way is more exciting, but when you do it around the same time every day it completely defeats the intention of design.

Offline joey

« Reply #29170 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:25:45 »
I'm just happy to see that he's back around again, happier still that he's well enough to run a (pretty big) sale.
(Less happy that I'm not racking up wins every day and it is a bit of a pain waking up at 2-3am to post, but YOLO)

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29171 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:33:08 »
It kinda feels like the people who have to work or don't live in the US are getting the raw deal this year. Especially when you consider the very real statistics showing the same people winning a much higher majority of these this year. It is clear that by no real intentional fault of CC's he is drastically increasing the chances for some, which ultimately defeats the entire design of doing sales this way.

What do you all think?

I'm lazy at the moment, but showing a statistical correlation of all this years entries vs the winners I reckon the data would show a handful of people have won a dramatic amount more than others. And you cannot simply explain that away with 'they are better at clackvent,' there are more external factors at play giving them an edge (time/location/work hours/etc.)

I'm pretty sure that everyone who has a higher number of wins than 1 or 2 have day jobs except for maybe a few that I dont know personally. Most of those people are in the US, but i'd say that's just a reflection of the total GH population and not some CH specific thing. If you live where clack lives, its gonna be easier.

Probably the biggest factor would be the type of job one has, and if you sit in front of a PC all day with a bit of freedom like alot of us nerds do, you're gonna enter more and consequentially win more.

If you're curious about the times hes running the sales. vvv *times are in ET.

18 people have won 64% of the total amount of caps in this sale which obviously shows that it pays to enter as much as possible.

I think only 3 people out of hundreds who've entered were given a win because of their status as an OG Geekhacker.  :rolleyes:
(if you don't count nickheller's fan succ win)

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2019, 18:34:42 by Moistgun »

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #29172 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:02:03 »
Even if CC did a special sale only for me, I'm not 100% sure I would win.  :)) :'(

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #29173 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:19:37 »
Even if CC did a special sale only for me, I'm not 100% sure I would win.  :)) :'(

That would suck big time if that happened

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #29174 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:43:32 »
this format is pretty transparent compared to other ways like raffles. 

i’m pretty sure there were people who entered a crap ton of entries for the last EK raffle.  i know for limited sneakers raffles are terrible with people generating thousands of entries. 

ps west coast best coast
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29175 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:46:49 »

i’m pretty sure there were people who entered a crap ton of entries for the last EK raffle.  i know for limited sneakers raffles are terrible with people generating thousands of entries. 

ps west coast best coast

What if he prewrote the comment then set up a simple bot to post it using a random time generator? I know people around here could help him set something like that up, and then it would be truly random.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #29176 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:50:36 »

ps west coast best coast

What if he prewrote the comment then set up a simple bot to post it using a random time generator? I know people around here could help him set something like that up, and then it would be truly random.

yes possible but i'm guessing that would take a lot of the fun out of it for him.  pretty sure he likes to see us squirm and live in fear of missing out haha.  it does look like he tries his best to do these at different times of the day though.  we've had ones earlier in the morning, some later at night, midday and afternoons too.

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #29177 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 19:53:11 »
I think it deserves to go to those who put in the effort and for the most part fcfs will go to bots and the current way is actually better since there is another factor outside of posting real fast.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #29178 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 20:03:19 »
yeah like scott said, i think the flash event format with RNG is good because it mostly rewards people who are hanging around the site (ie, most people who post in this thread heh).  with scheduled times you have people rolling in from some ping in a random discord who don't care about geekhack or don't know wtf a clack is but just want to flip it for a shiny new keyboard.

having a raffle bot would be more fair for times as noisy suggested, but then we lose that personal touch from cc dropping in randomly and making us dance/cry/throw our mice/etc.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #29179 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 20:36:00 »
yeah like scott said, i think the flash event format with RNG is good because it mostly rewards people who are hanging around the site (ie, most people who post in this thread heh).  with scheduled times you have people rolling in from some ping in a random discord who don't care about geekhack or don't know wtf a clack is but just want to flip it for a shiny new keyboard.

having a raffle bot would be more fair for times as noisy suggested, but then we lose that personal touch from cc dropping in randomly and making us dance/cry/throw our mice/etc.

Even me, the 0% club president agrees, these type random sales are better than the email ones. The RNG and the talent based ones are fun, although I have no talent.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2019, 20:53:53 by sleepy916 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29180 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 20:45:19 »

Even me, the 0% club president agrees, these type random sales are better than the email ones. The RNG and the talent based ones are fun, although if I have no talent.

The talent shows were legit, absolutely amazing to see what people came up with for those various things. But those take time on everyone's end. Time to come up with something, time for the players to create it, and time to review and choose a winner. But damn if they aren't fun as hell to go over the entries.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #29181 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 20:53:55 »
i prefer this format to all others

it's extremely difficult to game it, which means that the caps are more likely to go to people who will properly appreciate them

i just need to stay above ground

i'll be getting on the subway around 4-5 my time so i might actually be able to make it this time if the pattern sticks
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 January 2019, 20:57:18 by Puddsy »

Offline widdlekitty

« Reply #29182 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 21:51:40 »
Work too busy to play. Time to quit and Click Clack all day, baby.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #29183 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 06:11:54 »
it's extremely difficult to game it, which means that the caps are more likely to go to people who will properly appreciate them

For what it's worth, it is extremely easy to bot the current format of sales. CV had random trivia questions which would prevent that, but any randomized or Xth post ones are easily won by people entering every sale with a bot polling the thread. Xth posts can be tuned to post after a delay, random ones are a numbers game: enter enough and you'll get in  eventually.

I don't mind the format, I've been lucky enough to win and I'm happy about that  But I figured it's worth explaining that ETF and others use Google Forms with captchas and include trivia for reasons.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #29184 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 06:43:47 »
I've entered a pretty large number of them and I haven't really felt all that bad about not winning any of the nth post or RNG ones. The first I won was from a design contest and the second was a win for everybody on the eve of the new year.

Honestly I don't think it's preference towards anybody in particular, and if there were in any sort of way, there'd be other, better devices to do so (like mentioning someone specifically or contacting someone in particular telling them that they won or have a special privilege). As we know, specific people have been rewarded for their long-timer status and support of his work.

As discouraging as it is to lose, the best we can do is have as much fun as cc does (because it's quite apparent to me that he does love us, albeit in strange ways at times). Think of it as if you were in his shoes, wouldn't you like that your fans and supporters were just enjoying themselves and your own work? If you like what he does overall, the best is to remain supportive and positive, especially when it's already so hard to maintain this operation going. Remind ourselves that this hadn't happened for quite a long time, and he has even given the chance to entries from over 2 years ago (see radnelac ii).

Ultimately, I am happy that I have gotten the chance to support his work directly and that he is back with this community even if it's a short while (it has already been much longer than I expected).
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 January 2019, 06:48:09 by LightningXI »

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29185 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 08:11:34 »
Actual footage of me after Clack posts in the thread...

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #29186 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:33:33 »
:eyes:

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #29187 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:34:27 »
wew cavemamm

Offline joey

« Reply #29188 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:35:59 »
cave man fast fingers

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29189 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:36:37 »
Double post :feelsbadman:

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #29190 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:36:43 »
halp make it stop

Offline joey

« Reply #29191 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:37:21 »
did cc forget how to lock the thread?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #29192 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:37:40 »
I knew something was wrong when I posted, the alerts won’t stop....my phone wants to die

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29193 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:37:48 »
every post gonna make it harder to track ch for stats  >:D

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29194 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:37:53 »
did cc forget how to lock the thread?

Looks like tootall forgot how to switch to his alt  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #29195 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:38:28 »
Tapatalk sure is ‘double posting’ a lot.

Also congrats caveboy
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:40:55 by ghostjuggernaut »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #29196 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:39:37 »
I made it in but only because this thread is eternal

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #29197 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:40:15 »
posted twice lul

oh clackman, have mercy
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline Olitender

« Reply #29198 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:40:33 »
Everyone wins.