Author Topic: What your fav mouse?  (Read 619522 times)

Offline ryuhyoko

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 15 February 2012, 18:02:43 »
Steelseries ikari for daily/gaming use.  MX 518 on the go.

Offline noGG

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 07:47:40 »
Quote from: rindorbrot;513374
Zowie AM-GS for me!
Best mouse I ever had.
Yes! Another Zowie user! Gotta second this. As a competitive RTS/FPS gamer, I gotta say the AM-GS is possibly the best mouse I've ever used.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 February 2012, 07:51:59 by noGG »

Offline FKSSR

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 13:45:44 »
Quote from: noGG;515982
Yes! Another Zowie user! Gotta second this. As a competitive RTS/FPS gamer, I gotta say the AM-GS is possibly the best mouse I've ever used.

I've been looking at those mice.  They seem like the answer to anyone who wants a Sensei but doesn't want to deal with the positive acceleration.
Add me on Steam | Twitter

Offline noGG

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 14:17:27 »
Quote from: FKSSR;516243
I've been looking at those mice.  They seem like the answer to anyone who wants a Sensei but doesn't want to deal with the positive acceleration.
I wouldn't say that. It's not as customizable as the Sensei. Only runs 125/500/1000 mHz polling rate and 450/1150/2300 dpi. Everything else about it is good though. LOD is as low as advertised, tracking is superb, and the build quality is excellent. Oh, and it's all hardware driven so you don't run the risk of software ****ing up the mouse.

Offline FKSSR

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 14:29:25 »
Quote from: noGG;516270
I wouldn't say that. It's not as customizable as the Sensei. Only runs 125/500/1000 mHz polling rate and 450/1150/2300 dpi. Everything else about it is good though. LOD is as low as advertised, tracking is superb, and the build quality is excellent. Oh, and it's all hardware driven so you don't run the risk of software ****ing up the mouse.

Good point.  For me, though, most of the options the Sensei has are overkill.  Some users may use all of it, but I wouldn't.  My main concerns are having enough buttons, really want DPI buttons, comfort of the mouse for my fingertip/claw style, accuracy/tracking, decent LOD (not a super big deal since I don't actually lift much, but it can't be bad like Philips Twin Eye Lasers), and none to negligent positive acceleration option.

So, if the AM-GS fits all of those, I would definitely use it as my mouse of choice.  Everything except the comfort/fit can be found online, so I'll be doing more research.

Offline noGG

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #205 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 14:47:26 »
If DPI buttons are a concern, just wanted to let you know the AM-GS has only 1 dpi button and it's on the bottom of the mouse. And only one set of side buttons can be active at a time, can't have both left and right sides activated. =/ I use what I'd call a "lazy claw" grip style and the AM-GS does feel comfortable, though not as comfortable as my Steelseries Kana (it's slightly smaller than the Kana). The buttons have been accidentally pressed when lifting the mouse, but I do have long, thin hands. I'd say depending on your hand size, the AM-GS would feel super comfortable. As for the other concerns (LOD, accuracy, accel), I can confidently say the AM-GS fits all of those.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 14:55:06 »
Quote from: noGG;516302
If DPI buttons are a concern, just wanted to let you know the AM-GS has only 1 dpi button and it's on the bottom of the mouse. And only one set of side buttons can be active at a time, can't have both left and right sides activated. =/ I use what I'd call a "lazy claw" grip style and the AM-GS does feel comfortable, though not as comfortable as my Steelseries Kana (it's slightly smaller than the Kana). The buttons have been accidentally pressed when lifting the mouse, but I do have long, thin hands. I'd say depending on your hand size, the AM-GS would feel super comfortable. As for the other concerns (LOD, accuracy, accel), I can confidently say the AM-GS fits all of those.

I have been looking at the AM for quite a while, I might pick it up in the future. I am a little confused by this, GS = Glossy Sides... = Slippery?
Why not just get the regular AM?
|IMO 1.0 Frankenmouse WMO Internals |
|Access-IS AKC090 Ghetto Reds w/ O-Rings |

Offline noGG

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #207 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 15:06:32 »
They actually aren't that slippery. If anything, I've read reviews saying the AM is more slippery. I guess it depends on how much your palms sweat.

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 15:40:43 »
Not a lot of love for the CM Storm Spawn after reading through the thread, just a little here and there, but not enough!

Bought this little guy after a lot of recommendations as a great claw grip mouse with a pretty good sesnor. Decided to pair it with an Artisan Hien mousepad.

I love the overall feel of the mouse, best parts being the rubberized grip on the thumb side and the rest of the ring finger. Using any other mouse feels awkward now days.

FW32 seems to be the best combination for me. Lift-off distance is greatly improved over the stock firmware; any movement doesn't register if the mouse isn't touching the pad.

It's a great improvement over the Razer Deathadder that I used to have. Since both mice have the same DPI, it was a quick adjustment after getting used to the new form factor.

Sent via ADR6400L. Please excuse the spelling, punctuation, and brevity.
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline FKSSR

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 18:11:38 »
I need to try the Spawn...  I'm still worried I won't like that shelf on the right-side, but I guess I won't know until I try it.

Offline silent-circuit

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 18:32:38 »
I love my Lachesis but I keep having this feeling like I'm missing out, with new sensors on the market and such. I picked up a Mamba (original version, not 2012) used a little while back and I have to say I am not thrilled with it. Can't get used to it after the Lachesis, so it will probably go up for sale again soon. Maybe I'll pick up a CM Storm? People seem to be happy with those.

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 19:40:09 »
Quote from: FKSSR;516490
I need to try the Spawn...  I'm still worried I won't like that shelf on the right-side, but I guess I won't know until I try it.

I was skeptical of the  finger rest as well since my previous mice didn't have it, but now I find it difficult to use other mice that don't have the rest.

As posted in this thread, some people love the finger rest and others dislike the Spawn for that very reason. It comes down to your personal experience. For me, it was overwhelmingly positive and I would not hesitate to recommend this mouse to anyone looking for a great claw grip mouse.

Sent via ADR6400L. Please excuse the spelling, punctuation, and brevity.
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline noGG

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 20:49:29 »
I'll put in a recommendation for the Spawn as well simply based off it's price and the fact that it uses the same sensor as the Zowie AM (Avagos ADNS-3090, probably the best optical mouse sensor available commercially). Haven't tried it yet just because I know for a fact that it's too small for me (the Steelseries Kana, which is only a few mm longer than my Zowie AM-GS, is the perfect size for me) and I've done a bit of research on the mouse. Took me a week of research on ADNS-3090 mice to settle on the AM-GS. :P

Anyway, the problems with the Spawn are negligible for the average gamer and based on it's size and sensor, I'd say it's the perfect claw grip mouse. I saw a deal for it for $14.99 after mail-in rebate but I can't remember specifically where I saw it. Anyone wanna provide a link for those interested?

Offline KylJoy

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 21:43:09 »
Logitech G5

Offline silent-circuit

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 22:56:59 »
Just bought a CM Storm Xornet for $31 shipped ($27 + $4 for 1 day shipping cause I'm impatient. ;)) $21 AR. So $27 shipped $17 AR for those of you with Prime and a bit more patience, if you care to try out something new for dirt cheap.

If I like it well enough it may replace my trusty Lachesis.... though the pulsating white Razer logo is pretty badass, and it's actually still a very nice mouse. <3 the Lachesis. The Mamba not so much... just can't get used to the differences between the two. We'll see with this new one.

Offline Echofoot

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 23:43:28 »
Have a Logitech mx518 that i bought back in 2006, absolutely love it and it is still chuggin along.
Recently purchased the RAT7, feels solid in my hands, love the form and profile, but Celine Dion performs better than this thing. Had some issues with the sensor just outright not working. Driver updates, rollbacks, bought a different mouse pad, voodoo hoodoo, you name it, I tried it. Overall not impressed with my experience with this brand, returning it and gunna try either the g400 or g500.

I looked into getting another mx518 but they are freakn $85, while the g400 is $35 and the g500 is somewhere close to $55

Offline Forin

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 17 February 2012, 03:20:25 »
I had:
-logitech wingman
-logitech double optical (i don't remember precise name, but something like this)
-ms 3.0
-ms 1.1
-razer diamondback (first diamondback)
-ms sidewinder
-ms sidewinder x8
-deathadder 3500dpi
-deathadder 1800dpi

My favorite:
-razer diamondback (first diamondback)
-deathadder 1800dpi
Ducky DK1087 MX Brown, Filco MJ1 Tenkeyless MX Blue, CM Storm MX Blue

Offline Tricks

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #217 on: Fri, 17 February 2012, 18:27:22 »
ha, MX510 for working, MX518 for playing, had both for 5+ years I guess :)

looking into a G400 and/or a Sensei

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #218 on: Fri, 17 February 2012, 23:42:47 »
I got a Rollermouse recently at work.  Absolutely loving it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 00:48:54 »
huge fan of the G9x, but recently ive been using a Deathadder 3.5 which I absolutely love also.

Only thing that bothers me is the stupid glowing scroll wheel and logo. i know i can turn it off but the scroll wheel is ugly lol. looking to get a black edition now.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 01:06:12 »
I also have a deathadder. Needed a nice lefty mouse. Its great I love it. And I actually like the lights.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Offline defstar

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 18 February 2012, 02:17:28 »
I've had an MX500 and MX518. They were both superb. The MX518 died after ... lets just say an intense moment in an FPS game :P and I'm still using the mx500 at work now after 7 years, its still going strong. Even the scroll wheel is showing minimal signs of wear despite almost the entire paint job looking faded :)

At home I use the Deathadder, and I'm not at all interested in changing that.

Offline silent-circuit

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #222 on: Sun, 19 February 2012, 14:24:39 »
Ordered an Xornet a few days ago, it's eh so far. Very small, very light, tracks well but feels cheap in the hand. Ordered a Spawn today since they went on sale again at Amazon ($30 shipped $20 AR). The Xornet is probably going back (yay Amazon return policy) and the Spawn will follow it a few days after if it doesn't prove to be better built.

Offline FKSSR

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 19 February 2012, 15:43:35 »
Quote from: noGG;516602
I'll put in a recommendation for the Spawn as well simply based off it's price and the fact that it uses the same sensor as the Zowie AM (Avagos ADNS-3090, probably the best optical mouse sensor available commercially). Haven't tried it yet just because I know for a fact that it's too small for me (the Steelseries Kana, which is only a few mm longer than my Zowie AM-GS, is the perfect size for me) and I've done a bit of research on the mouse. Took me a week of research on ADNS-3090 mice to settle on the AM-GS. :P

Anyway, the problems with the Spawn are negligible for the average gamer and based on it's size and sensor, I'd say it's the perfect claw grip mouse. I saw a deal for it for $14.99 after mail-in rebate but I can't remember specifically where I saw it. Anyone wanna provide a link for those interested?

I just ordered a Spawn to try it out.  I play with fingertip/claw grip, so the Spawn seems like it could be perfect, but I do find I like a little longer mice, even with my grip style, because it gives some support for my palm.  So, I've been trying to find a mouse that is short enough for my grip but long enough to fit in my hand completely...  Anyway, I'm using a Deathadder Black now, and I'm getting used to it.  Didn't like it at first, but it's growing on me.  Have the Spawn and Corsair M60 heading my way this week.  I also put a Zowie AM on order through Amazon, but it says 1-2 months to ship...  That's okay, though, because I need to try out the other mice and give each a week or so, at least, to get used to them and see how I like them.  After hours of research, the only other mouse I want to try that I haven't ordered is the Tt Esports Theron, but it's not out in the US yet.  So, I'll have to wait on that one.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 February 2012, 15:57:14 by FKSSR »

Offline silent-circuit

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #224 on: Sun, 19 February 2012, 16:16:30 »
I think I need to try one of these metal base mice. I don't lift my mouse often and have a strong appreciation for very solidly build peripherals. Maybe the M60 is where my money should have gone.

Offline Ovoxo

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 20 February 2012, 05:22:51 »
g700.
Only down side is the battery life. But I have 4 extra eneloop batteries that I rotate with.

Offline Gabo

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 20 February 2012, 12:39:43 »
Microsoft Intelli Explorer 3.0

gosu mouse ;)
Ducky ONE 2 Mini white

Offline Mikelittoris

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 20 February 2012, 13:39:58 »
Microsoft Intelli Explorer 3.0 was my first lazer mouse (and therefore my fav).

I've got a Razer deathadder now since the 3.0 got worn down. It's basicly a 3.0 but the back/forward buttons on the side aren't rattling around as much as on the 3.0. The only bad thing about the deathadder is that if I squeeze the shell it sometimes moves slightly; and that causes the mousebuttons to either get stiffer or less stiff, which is very annoying. If it weren't for that I'd have to say that it's better than the MIE 3.0.
IBM Model M SSK -91 (Bolt moded), Geekhack ESC, RGB modifiers and lt blue WASD cluster.
IBM Model M -95
IBM Model N2 -94
IBM Model F -85 (122-key Terminal) Using a Teensy with Soarer\'s adapter code.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 16:37:37 »
 :-*
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 March 2017, 22:25:44 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline xibeca

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 24 February 2012, 17:59:19 »
I got a steelseries xai for FPS and a razer naga for MMOS.

I'm thinking now about getting the razer naga hex, as I just need those 6 buttons. They also replaced the top left buttons to the middle of the mouse, wich is pretty much comfortable.
But I still think my favorite mouse was a logitech mx 300, wich I used to play cs 1.3 with, or I guess I just kinda miss those days..

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #230 on: Fri, 02 March 2012, 17:02:41 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:12:30 by davkol »

Offline lorem3k

• http://twitter.com/#!/lorem3k
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #231 on: Sat, 03 March 2012, 22:45:02 »
My LX8 just died today after 4 years of almost constant use, R.I.P.

Just picked up a G400, it seems pretty comfortable, I guess I'll just have to get used to the back and forward buttons both being on the thumb side.
Leopold FC200RT/AWN | Logitech G400 | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | Pounds in the fridge, hundred stacks in the armoire

Offline Inf3rn0_44

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 04 March 2012, 00:10:18 »
WMO.
Simple, cheap, reliable, durable, precise, available.
Optical.
|IMO 1.0 Frankenmouse WMO Internals |
|Access-IS AKC090 Ghetto Reds w/ O-Rings |

Offline Azure Flash

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #233 on: Mon, 05 March 2012, 15:55:38 »
I added up most of people's favorites so far. Might have skipped some, but this is just to get a general feel for which mice the thread's raving about:

G500 Family: 17
MX Family: 17
Deathadder: 13
G9x: 11
CM Storm Family: 11
Intellimouse Family: 9
Abyssus: 7
Xai: 7
Sensei: 6
WMO: 4
Naga: 3
Mionix 5000: 3
Copperhead: 3
Diamondback: 3
Ikari: 3
Zowie Family: 3
RAT7: 2
QPAD 5K: 2
A4Tech: 2
V7: 2
Rollermouse: 2
LX8: 2
M500 Family: 2

Single mentions: CST Trackball, DT225, Imperator, MS Natura 6000, OCZ Equalizer, R2 Mk III Omnimouse, Salmosa, Spectre, Trackball Explorer, War Mouse

Razer and Logitech seem like the current industry leaders, but Cooler Master and Steelseries are quite popular as well. I think some lesser-known mice are also pretty interesting (Mionix, Zowie, QPAD, A4Tech, V7, etc).

A lot of those preferences are based on personal needs and criterias such as shape, intended use (MMOs, shooters, work), and this list mixes old favorites with the newest technology. All of those mice seem to have some interesting features.

Offline All The Fire

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 06:00:21 »
Nice work. You can add one more to the G9x for me. Good to see the Mionix is holding some interest too, I'm on the verge of getting one myself but have held off so far for the full palm ergo grip, but I've been using a G400 at work and am getting more comfortable with these big mice. So I'll probably cave for one soon, particular having been so impressed with the Zibal.

Offline jonnybastard

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 08 March 2012, 05:15:40 »
I'll fly the RAT 9 flag here, had it about 6 months and it's been great.  My only gripe is the PTE sensor being so sensitive to surfaces and vibrations but having owned a Mamba before this I kinda knew what to expect there, luckily I use a fairly low DPI so it doesn't affect me, but I can see why others would have rage towards it.
KMAC    -    HHKB Type-S    -    Filco TKL LineaR    -    Poker X    -    KBT Race LE

flickr

Offline Netdewt

• OLKB
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #236 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 06:55:37 »
$5 Microsoft Laser mouse. I like my Magic Mouse okay too.

Offline Maarten

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #237 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 07:21:23 »
ROCCAT KOVA+ here on a Razer eXactMat pad (i think its the granddaddy on the current Vespula line). Pad has got a plastic liner on both sides with different roughness surfaces, i use the speed side most for my regular working stuff but my nephew prefers the control side when he plays FPS games on my system.... go figure.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 15:59:48 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:11:59 by davkol »

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #239 on: Fri, 09 March 2012, 16:08:41 »
Recently switched to a lefty deathadder at work. It makes switching to lefty mousing a lot easier. No need to change any mouse settings. Favorite mouse for going southpaw at the moment. I like to change things up.

Offline dreamingftw

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #240 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 00:25:31 »
Been using my g9x without the shell. It's really light to move around playing SC2. I switch between this and my spawn. Both are great mice.

Offline chel-

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #241 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 01:07:21 »
Quote from: dreamingftw;540799
Been using my g9x without the shell. It's really light to move around playing SC2. I switch between this and my spawn. Both are great mice.

I did the exact same thing with my g9 for fps games. How does the spawn compare in size & weight to the g9 without the shell?

Offline WiL11o6

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 10 March 2012, 04:22:41 »
Logitech MX510 hands down. I've been using this same mouse for the past 10 years (or something like that). The ergonomics are perfect for me. I guess the similar ones at the moment are Logitech MX518, G400 with the same ergonomics. I bought a G500 lately because I wanted to try out the newer Logitech mouses and it was terrible. It felt more plasticky, had some rattle, and the ergonomics are better suited for huge hands because it just didn't work out for me. I returned it and kept my MX510. I am sure there is a better mouse or comparable mouse out there, but I'm still very satisfied with this mouse so I have no need to change.

Offline Netdewt

• OLKB
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 15:44:45 »
Quote from: Netdewt;539980
$5 Microsoft Laser mouse. I like my Magic Mouse okay too.

If tablets count, then my Wacom Intuos wins.

Criteria for a good mouse for me are high comfort, cheap, works without a mousepad, no extra buttons (right, left, wheel). Magic mouse loses on 3 of those, but I like the scrolling abilities for general web browsing, etc.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 16:21:14 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:12:16 by davkol »

Offline MyNameIsFinn

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #245 on: Mon, 12 March 2012, 16:42:35 »
Intellimouse 1.1, :) I just refurbished my old one, looking good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Filco TKL MX Brown

Offline ryan92084

• Consumer ****
What your fav mouse?
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 12:17:53 »
Currently using a DeathAdder when i first got it (coming from a diamondback) I really didn't like it because I was used to clicking the buttons towards the base of the mouse.  It also game me some odd shoulder fatigue.  I've since adapted and like it better than anything else I've tried.  If they remade the diamondback I'd be very tempted to pick one up again.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2012, 12:48:03 by ryan92084 »

RiP *ucky Shine(ing)

Offline Voyager

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #247 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 06:15:05 »
Didn't use that many different mice but recently got a new old stock WMO 1.1 and so far I think I like it more than my Explorer 3.0 because it's lighter and has a textured surface. I miss the forward/back buttons though. never had an MX518, but did play around with a display model and loved the shape. Should i get a G400? The low DPI on the Microsoft mice is almost a deal breaker on a 24" display.

Offline Weapon

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #248 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 09:52:34 »
I just got a CM storm spawn, its my new favorite mouse. I still use my G9x on my other computer.

Offline keyboardnoob

What your fav mouse?
« Reply #249 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 19:35:34 »
Quote from: Voyager;548719
Didn't use that many different mice but recently got a new old stock WMO 1.1 and so far I think I like it more than my Explorer 3.0 because it's lighter and has a textured surface. I miss the forward/back buttons though. never had an MX518, but did play around with a display model and loved the shape. Should i get a G400? The low DPI on the Microsoft mice is almost a deal breaker on a 24" display.

G400 replaced the mx518, can't say about how long the g400 will last, but the mx518 is a tank and usually last 2-3 years even if you play fps games intensively. If I had to replace my mouse right now, it'd be either for a xai or a G400.
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown