Author Topic: Spell Check and Android External Keyboards  (Read 1199 times)

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
Spell Check and Android External Keyboards
« on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:13:40 »
My spelling skills have never been top notch and that has gotten worse over the years with my dependency on spell checking. But now I have this problem with my Android tablet (a Samsung something or other) that when I use an external keyboard of any nature, be it wired or Bluetooth, there is no auto correct or spell check to be found. I didn't even realize this was happening at first so I was writing all kinds of gibberish being none the wiser. The browser doesn't even tell me there is a spelling mistake - I'm using Firefox.

I have googled but there is no good answer that I can find. As it stands now, I type everything up using my keyboard, then I have to shut off the Bluetooth connection, bring up the on screen keyboard, hunt down the words I think are wrong and find the auto correction suggestion. It is even worse on my phone (Galaxy S5). If I connect any keyboard to that, I can't even get the on screen keyboard to come back up without rebooting.

It is annoying and you are all smart, so someone must have figured out a better way.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around