Author Topic: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!  (Read 304091 times)

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
Re: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 15:19:49 »
$50 Stabs?  :eek:

The price is justified considering all the work he put into them. New molds, transparent, gold wires and gold screw/nut.

I understand this, but I wanted clear stabs ._.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
Re: R4 Zealio Switch/Zeal60RGB/Zealencio Silencing Clips/Transparent Screw-in Stabs!
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 15:21:45 »

The price is justified considering all the work he put into them. New molds, transparent, gold wires and gold screw/nut.

Well I mean the taobao ones are garbage compared to these. There is also no need to mod the slider

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 15:22:42 »

Well I mean the taobao ones are garbage compared to these. There is also no need to mod the slider
I know, it's just that it's a third of what I just spent on a custom, and you have to remember the Canadian dollar sucks atm.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 15:25:44 »

I know, it's just that it's a third of what I just spent on a custom, and you have to remember the Canadian dollar sucks atm.

That is a very inexpensive custom than. I'd highly recommend avoiding the taobao clear stabs though. These are far more superior.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 15:30:29 »

That is a very inexpensive custom than. I'd highly recommend avoiding the taobao clear stabs though. These are far more superior.
It is the s60x RGB. I went with cherry stabs.
And for me, it is not all that cheap, being a student.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 15:34:47 »

Ah okay. Cherry stabs are nice just need to be modded. I was just saying it's inexpensive in regards to other customs.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 15:35:20 »

Ah okay. Cherry stabs are nice just need to be modded. I was just saying it's inexpensive in regards to other customs.
Oh yeah. I am planning on clipping them, can't stand mushy stabs.

Offline owacle

« Reply #107 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 15:35:45 »
I had a browse through this thread but I didn't see what the estimated shipping date will be. Did I just miss it somewhere?

yeah, heres whats on the bottom of the GB store page

GB is expected to open until end of September, but may be closed earlier or postponed without notice. Projecting shipping time frame is October-November. As we get closer to the GB closing stages, a more updated shipping date will be provided.

Thanks guys

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #108 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 16:28:14 »
@ZealPC I wasn't paying close enough attention to GH and the PCB sold out before I could snag one.  I'm sorry if this was already addressed, but do you have an ETA of a second batch?  Ordered 100x 78g and a set of those gorgeous stabs!  Thank you, supreme group buy commander!

Second batch is scheduled for early next year, no dates yet.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline onmybikedrunk

• Danny Woods - Industrial Designer
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 04 September 2016, 18:46:00 »
Thanks... Pay closer attn this time.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 September 2016, 18:47:39 by onmybikedrunk »

Offline pmck

• Software Engineer
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 05:47:46 »
UGH I'm actually far to excited about this! my GH60 and GH Pad PCB's just arrived and are waiting for the stabs and zealios. Also my Sky Dolch is just waiting for something worth while to sit on.

|        IBM M         |      Wasd V1      |   GH60    | KBC Poker | GHPAD |

WANTED:Nada have all I want for now!

Offline wongie

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 07:55:07 »

Any plans on a Zeal65 coming out along with the 2nd batch?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 09:33:08 »

Any plans on a Zeal65 coming out along with the 2nd batch?

One step at a time. ;)

Need to wrap up the current GB before venturing into other plans.

Offline krisst

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 11:46:16 »
Zeal, any possibility to ship those clear stab as soon as you received them? I mean shipping from the factory to you, probably will not be all at the same time for all the different products in this GB.

Personally just waiting for VE.A to be ship and arrive. Earliest to reach me would be end of Sept, this is my own guess. Have only ordered the clear stabs this time around as I have Zealios ready from the last 2 GB. Because the order only contain clear stabs, if you receive the shipment for them first, would you be shipping them out to orders that only have clear stabs (for this example), or would you be waiting for all the products to arrive and ship out orders by their order number. Of course it would be possible that the stabs would reach you the last, if that is the case, nothing much as be done for you to ship them out early.

Offline priyadi

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 13:07:42 »
Zeal, how many layer does the PCB have? And can we see the other side of the PCB? If possible, I want to drill a hole in the middle of GHB keys for a trackpoint mod. Looking at the lines I think it just might be possible, but still need to see the other side to be certain.
Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.
Member of the flat keyboard society.
Keycap manifesto: "Key sets without vendor neutral Super key are worthless"

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 21:05:43 »
Zeal, any possibility to ship those clear stab as soon as you received them? I mean shipping from the factory to you, probably will not be all at the same time for all the different products in this GB.

Personally just waiting for VE.A to be ship and arrive. Earliest to reach me would be end of Sept, this is my own guess. Have only ordered the clear stabs this time around as I have Zealios ready from the last 2 GB. Because the order only contain clear stabs, if you receive the shipment for them first, would you be shipping them out to orders that only have clear stabs (for this example), or would you be waiting for all the products to arrive and ship out orders by their order number. Of course it would be possible that the stabs would reach you the last, if that is the case, nothing much as be done for you to ship them out early.

The whole shipment will either be split into 2 or 3 shipments, but complete all at once. They'll arrive one day apart as they're all being flown Express via DHL. Orders will be fulfilled as soon as possible, based on first-to-order basis.

Zeal, how many layer does the PCB have? And can we see the other side of the PCB? If possible, I want to drill a hole in the middle of GHB keys for a trackpoint mod. Looking at the lines I think it just might be possible, but still need to see the other side to be certain.

Double layered PCB. For the time being the other side won't be shown for specific reasons, but there are many traces running across the GHB keys so you wouldn't be able to drill a hole there.

Offline krisst

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 23:18:04 »
Got it. Thanks for the update Zeal.

Offline priyadi

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 23:37:45 »

Double layered PCB. For the time being the other side won't be shown for specific reasons, but there are many traces running across the GHB keys so you wouldn't be able to drill a hole there.

That's a bummer. For next revision, please consider adding a hole there for the trackpoint. And better yet, add the necessary circuitry to support trackpoint.

Boards: Filco TKL+HID Liberation, Infinity 60%, Sentraq S60-X, Whitefox, Ergodox, Planck.

Offline ileben

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 04:02:43 »
Has anything been done to improve key wobble present in past rounds?

Stem mould is being tweaked to reduce wobble, and will be ready for the R4 production.

Any update on this? Has the new stem prototype been confirmed to wobble less yet?
RF 87 55g (silenced) | FC660C (silenced) | Unicomp Ultra Classic | Filco MJ2 Brown | Matias Mini Quiet Pro

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 06:43:47 »
Why not create a trackpoint that can be wired in on top of a PCB instead? Just put wires between the switches and put the trackpoint controller in the case?

Offline priyadi

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:17:14 »
Why not create a trackpoint that can be wired in on top of a PCB instead? Just put wires between the switches and put the trackpoint controller in the case?

That is impossible. The trackpoint unit and its controller can't be separated.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 09:20:10 »
Which is why I said create.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 11:11:30 »

Stem mould is being tweaked to reduce wobble, and will be ready for the R4 production.

Any update on this? Has the new stem prototype been confirmed to wobble less yet?

Yes, Gateron has finished tweaking the stem mould and said it wobbles less, just waiting on one final part of another thing...Will get a bunch of new samples shipped to me in a week.

Offline B1G_B1RD

• * Maker
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 15:45:46 »

Yes, Gateron has finished tweaking the stem mould and said it wobbles less, just waiting on one final part of another thing...Will get a bunch of new samples shipped to me in a week.

That's good to hear. I still haven't been able to use my R3 Zealios so i can't weigh in on the issue...but less wobble is good!

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 16:02:46 »
Finally placed my order. Went for 150 switches (2x 60% and a TK) and one set of zealencios.

Thought I would end up buying a set of stabs as well, but somehow I didn't...

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 07:18:12 »
placed order for 70 switches of 67g and a pack of Zealencio :D

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 19:02:26 »
Just got new R4 prototypes in. Vertical wobble is gone, horizontal wobble feels about the same as regular Cherry right now. Will get Mr. Munch to get a second opinion and prep a video.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 19:16:56 »
Just got new R4 prototypes in. Vertical wobble is gone, horizontal wobble feels about the same as regular Cherry right now. Will get Mr. Munch to get a second opinion and prep a video.

A man of science! Submitting to peer review, I respect that. I'm happy that you strive to improve each round.

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 20:24:08 »
A man of science! Submitting to peer review, I respect that. I'm happy that you strive to improve each round.

And publishing, even. What citation format does Geekhack use? It took quite a bit of effort and perseverance, but I think I finally drank away the brain cells that had Chicago-style burnt in to them...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #129 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 20:36:27 »
Exciting! Anticipating the review. Have you any stabs in and, if so, are they in an assembled board?

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #130 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 20:40:36 »
Exciting! Anticipating the review. Have you any stabs in and, if so, are they in an assembled board?

Yes, I have stabs in. I'm going to be assembling a friend's mobik with em and do a photoshoot.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 20:46:54 »

Yes, I have stabs in. I'm going to be assembling a friend's mobik with em and do a photoshoot.

Sweet...!

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 08:48:01 »
Man, I need to find a TKL to put these sweethearts into... Phantom or something korean...?

Offline dbucklin

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 09:08:16 »
Man, I need to find a TKL to put these sweethearts into... Phantom or something korean...?

I'm putting them into a Lambo case.  :cool:

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 09:09:50 »
I like my sixties flat. Plus I already have three with proper cases and two Alps with plastic cases...

Offline breckstar

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 21:59:06 »
Zeal, do you know if the pcb is compatible with WKL acrylic top plate (if you have not encountered them, the plate has a cut out for the switch area only and the rest of the plate makes contact with the pcb, ie anything not in the switch area will not allow the plate to lay flush on the pcb and allow the switch to be full seated into the pcb)? From the drawing, it looks like the LED could be completely underneath the switch footprint.

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 23:46:11 »
I like my sixties flat. Plus I already have three with proper cases and two Alps with plastic cases...

There are no protruding parts on the top surface of the PCB so 5mm thick acrylic plates aren't an issue.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 23:47:09 »
In for more switches for boards I have yet to purchase haha. :thumb:

Offline briandesigns

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 12:56:41 »
@Zeal

I ordered some silencing clips but want to change the shipping address. What is the best course of action?

Thanks

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 13:09:23 »
@Zeal

I ordered some silencing clips but want to change the shipping address. What is the best course of action?

Thanks

Reply to your order confirmation and provide the new address in that email. Once I've updated, I'll reply back and confirm with you.

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 16 September 2016, 13:53:50 »

Me too! Long term project, but really excited still.

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 14:23:02 »
What is shipping ETA?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 17 September 2016, 20:42:28 »
What is shipping ETA?

Looking to be November at this point, due to the long Chinese holiday in October.

Offline BAS1C

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 07:54:01 »
Can't wait! Thanks for update ^. Seems like a lot of my stuff is coming in Nov, just in time to pretend Santa got me all my KB stuff =D

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 18 September 2016, 15:05:10 »

Me too! Long term project, but really excited still.

Same for me too!

Offline kekstee

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 04:56:19 »
Really interested in those silencing caps for my Zealio board. Do they noticeably change typing feel? They are designed to silence the upstroke as well, I assume?

//e now my R1 stems aren't sexy anymore. :'(
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 September 2016, 04:59:41 by kekstee »

Offline joey

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 04:57:55 »
I keep forgetting to make an order :-\

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 05:57:57 »
I need to order some stabs before this closes; I keep forgetting. So many good GBs this month. Thank god I'm back to working! :thumb:
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Zeal

• Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 11:15:03 »
Really interested in those silencing caps for my Zealio board. Do they noticeably change typing feel? They are designed to silence the upstroke as well, I assume?

//e now my R1 stems aren't sexy anymore. :'(

My sillencing clips are less than 1mm thick, 0.92mm actually. They do reduce travel a tiny bit, but it's a firm bottom out and not mushy like other offerings. Yes, it also silences the upstroke. Listen to the youtube video on the product page for a typing demo. :)

Offline Geckt

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 14:16:03 »
In,

Really had to commend Henry here for being helpful and extremely patient with my orders as a first time buyer.  :thumb: