Author Topic: [IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins - GB is Live in EU & Asian - NA soon  (Read 59175 times)

Offline voelzmo

Re: [IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins - Huge kits update!
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 13:22:13 »
HFO is an instant ein and the ancient Alphas are nice to look at. Im not feeling the stargate novelties, though, but that might just be me. Great work, looking forward to my first KAT set.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 14:57:21 »
I don't know a lot about the origins of the Hyper Fuse set.  I own every HF set run so far.  OG, HfO, Redux, SA, and DSA.  This set looks attractive to me, for sure.  But I wish the novelties somehow furthered whatever Hyper Fuse theme was there to begin with.  I'm not a big Star Gate fan.  I've honestly only ever seen the movie 1 time, and I've never watched the series (even though Sci-Fi is my favorite genre)

Is there no way to tap into something unique to Hyper Fuse?  Is there a back story at all?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 15:08:01 »
I don't know a lot about the origins of the Hyper Fuse set.  I own every HF set run so far.  OG, HfO, Redux, SA, and DSA.  This set looks attractive to me, for sure.  But I wish the novelties somehow furthered whatever Hyper Fuse theme was there to begin with.  I'm not a big Star Gate fan.  I've honestly only ever seen the movie 1 time, and I've never watched the series (even though Sci-Fi is my favorite genre)

Is there no way to tap into something unique to Hyper Fuse?  Is there a back story at all?

This is probably as "furthering" as I could have gone from the initial "theme" of the keyset - the name was taken after a pair of sneakers made by Nike, the colors were put together by Bunny. My interpretation of "hyperfuse" was something futuristic - not much further away from sneakers (even if you take into account Nike Mag).

If you have any idea on what you would like to see on novelties, feel free to reach out - I've had another comment say in the feedback form that these were boring and that person wanted to see better novelties - now I know that Novelties are not for everyone and that they are always polarizing, but these will probably stay as is unless I make a complete new novelty key (to replace this one) which I am not sure I will be able to do :)

Offline eas

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 15:53:56 »
Hope the GB opens in July.

Offline niakulah

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 03:31:18 »

This is probably as "furthering" as I could have gone from the initial "theme" of the keyset - the name was taken after a pair of sneakers made by Nike, the colors were put together by Bunny. My interpretation of "hyperfuse" was something futuristic - not much further away from sneakers (even if you take into account Nike Mag).

If you have any idea on what you would like to see on novelties, feel free to reach out - I've had another comment say in the feedback form that these were boring and that person wanted to see better novelties - now I know that Novelties are not for everyone and that they are always polarizing, but these will probably stay as is unless I make a complete new novelty key (to replace this one) which I am not sure I will be able to do :)
My 2 cents on the novelties kit, for almost all sets' novelty kits for that matter...why no numpad enter for us 96%/1800/Full size folks?

Offline stein3

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 00:18:07 »
Okay, I haven't been following sets super intently for very long, but I have obviously known about HFO for a long time...

But this is the first I've noticed Stargate novelties! Are those new for the KAT set? I might have to buy just for those.

I'm still debating buying some of the Oasis extras from Kono before they're out...

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 02:55:35 »
My 2 cents on the novelties kit, for almost all sets' novelty kits for that matter...why no numpad enter for us 96%/1800/Full size folks?

Hello fellow 1800 user :) I have been thinking about it but haven't managed to find a nice novelty for the numpad enter. What I can do is use a simplified version of the ANSI (and/or ISO) enter and put that as numpad enter novelties - the idea being that if you use a board with ANSI layout, you can still get the Destiny novelty on the numpad, and vice versa if you use the ISO Enter novelty. I'm still trying to find another novelty, but worst case scenario, this is what I might do :)

Okay, I haven't been following sets super intently for very long, but I have obviously known about HFO for a long time...

But this is the first I've noticed Stargate novelties! Are those new for the KAT set? I might have to buy just for those.

I'm still debating buying some of the Oasis extras from Kono before they're out...

You should hop in and get some Oasis, I've heard the designer is really nice ;) All jokes aside, the Stargate novelties are indeed new to the set and will be available for KAT HFO when the GB happens :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #107 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 11:31:15 »
Quick (really short) update for everyone:

1/ zFrontier has received our samples and have started the colormatching/sampling process - samples should be here in a couple of weeks
2/ Kits have been submitted for quoting - meaning kits are more or less final. That doesn't mean that you have to stop with your feedback, changes can still happen, I just won't change an entire kit to something else ^^

Have a good one everyone :D Please stay safe!

Offline KKoNaM

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 19:49:39 »
Maybe you could consider changing the font to be like GMK's

It looks so much better on KAT profile. like this https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106725.0

Offline gecruz

« Reply #109 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 21:56:07 »

It looks so much better on KAT profile. like this https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106725.0
+1 that would be really nice!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 01:52:25 »
Thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline frewtkeek

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 04:10:54 »
I really like what they're doing with KAT Refined, but for this set I prefer the font as is.

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 04:47:54 »

-1 if you want GMK Hyperfuse Origins then just buy GMK Hyperfuse Origins

KAT Refined looks nice, probably I will go for it, but please don't turn other KAT sets into GMK lookalikes.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 05:03:59 »

-1 if you want GMK Hyperfuse Origins then just buy GMK Hyperfuse Origins

KAT Refined looks nice, probably I will go for it, but please don't turn other KAT sets into GMK lookalikes.

Thank you for the suggestion but this will unfortunately not happen. I really like the KAT font and will stick to it for KAT HFO and KAT Monochrome as well. It's not that I don't like GMK's font, but I prefer KAT's one on KAT sets :)

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 05:17:31 »
KAT Monochrome
Nice spoiler, I like it ;D

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 05:18:49 »
KAT Monochrome
Nice spoiler, I like it ;D

IC is being put together, just waiting on renders but I actually teased it a couple of weeks/months ago on discord haha

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 05:22:55 »
Any idea on the Gb and fulfillmeent dates?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 05:27:54 »

I'm mostly waiting for the samples and the final quote from keyreative, but... I've asked vendors to get ready for a GB on July 1st ;)

Offline catbus

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 06:25:27 »

I'm mostly waiting for the samples and the final quote from keyreative, but... I've asked vendors to get ready for a GB on July 1st ;)
Any chance of getting desk hero added for Canadians?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 04:48:01 »
For those that do not follow Monochrom/Oasis, I wanted to share it here as well:

I just got an email from Alex @zFrontier about the issues with Milkshake. The email is quite lenghty with a bunch of pictures and screenshots with conversations with Biip.

Long story short, here is a quote from the mail:
We are in talks with Keyreative at the moment and they agreed on actively providing replacements

misaligned legends, damaged keys, tinted keys: def a QC issue and they will be providing replacements upon individual reports and work on better QC.

I explained I didn't want the same issues on Oasis/HFO/Monochrome and I do believe they will work harder on the QC (as they should, this could easily kill the profile if nothing is done).

Those that want to see the entire email can ping me on Discord with their email and I can forward it to you.

Have a wonderful day guys!

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 04:49:44 »
For those that do not follow Monochrom/Oasis, I wanted to share it here as well:

I just got an email from Alex @zFrontier about the issues with Milkshake. The email is quite lenghty with a bunch of pictures and screenshots with conversations with Biip.

Long story short, here is a quote from the mail:
We are in talks with Keyreative at the moment and they agreed on actively providing replacements

misaligned legends, damaged keys, tinted keys: def a QC issue and they will be providing replacements upon individual reports and work on better QC.

I explained I didn't want the same issues on Oasis/HFO/Monochrome and I do believe they will work harder on the QC (as they should, this could easily kill the profile if nothing is done).

Those that want to see the entire email can ping me on Discord with their email and I can forward it to you.

Have a wonderful day guys!
Thanks for the update. Milkshake issues were definitely concerning.

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 08:50:54 »
I have shared this over in Monochrome's and Oasis' IC but here it is for those not following the other keysets: I created a discord server so it is easier to share thoughts/requests/etc. It's probably going to be a small discord and I don't expect many people to join, but feel free to hope in :)

>> Discord invite here (this time it works)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #122 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 15:38:46 »
Good evening everyone!

Quick update whilst I wait for the quotes - I swapped the flat key for some scooped ones in the kits that follow. We will thus have scooped and homing-bar keys:

Alphas

Numpad

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 16:22:27 »

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing well. We're already well into June, and with that, the GB for KAT Hyperfuse is getting closer and closer! Mark your calendars because the GB is launching on June 29th!

Prices

Here are the prices for the GB - the only missing one is the regular spacebar kit as there has been a problem with the quoting.

↡ Kits\Vendors MyKeyboard (EU) Originative (NA)zFrontier
Unit Count
Alpha
€35
$35
$31
56.75u
Ancient Alpha
€35
$35
$31
56.75u
Modifiers (text)
€70
$65
$56
105.25u
Modifiers (icons)
€70
$65
$56
105.25u
Novelties
€32
$32
$29
53.75u
Purple Accent (text)
€23
$22
$20
36.25u
Purple Accent (icons)
€23
$22
$20
36.25u
Teal Accent (text)
€23
$22
$20
36.25u
Teal Accent (icons)
€23
$22
$20
36.25u
Numpad
€30
$28
$22
39u
Spacebars (Grey)
€--
$--
$--
32.25u
Spacebars (Purple)
€27
$25
$22
40.5u
Spacebars (Teal)
€27
$25
$22
40.5u
ISO
€13
$12
$9
15u
North
€36
$36
$31
57.5u
South
€34
$32
$30
55.5u
French
€30
$30
$27
48.5u
Colevrak+
€28
$25
$25
46.5u
CMD (text)
€14
$15
$13
22.5u
CMD (icons)
€14
$15
$13
22.5u
40s (text)
€45
$45
$40
72.5u
40s (icons)
€45
$45
$40
72.5u
Ortho (text)
€28
$28
$23
42u
Ortho (icons)
€28
$28
$23
42u
Ergo
€50
$50
$46
86.5u

Artisans

The colorway is already quite popular and has been done quite a few times, that said, I'm excited about the artisans I'm collaborating with:

* Alpha Keycaps
* TRMK Caps
* Latrialum
* Lividity
* SodiePops
* GSK

I also set up a discord if you want to join, share your point of view, discuss the keyset. I'll be doing a couple of giveaways exclusive to discord as well! Don't hesitate to join my Discord or my Instagram!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 02:37:22 »
Quick update because my dumb brain forgot to update the kits on page 1 before posting the prices/or I updated them and didn't say anything - No major changes, but I'll walk you through it:

Alphas
Swapped the "regular" F and J keys for they scooped variants, so you now have the choice between scooped and homing bars:

Numpad
Did the same as for the alphas, you now have the choice between a scooped or a homing bar "5" key:

Spacebars
Changed the "B" key to be in alpha colors, as it should have been from the get-go:

Novelties
Added an R3 and R2 novelty to make it possible to cover boards like the ION x RAMA Zenith or the J-01:

Offline harlekein

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 08:51:01 »
Hoorah for scooped homing keys!

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 15:40:55 »
Always a fan of non-latin alphas, looking forward to the GB

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins - GB June 29th!
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 04:25:34 »
Quick update as the GB date approches:

The price was missing for the grey spacebar kit so here it is: €21, $20 (Originative), $18 (zFrontier)

Also wanted to add a couple of renders on the Trifecta by 2moons:

Mark your calendars! KAT HFO is close!

Offline njdoyle

Re: [IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins - GB Date: June 29th
« Reply #128 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 11:18:44 »
Will there be scooped homing for the Colevrak option?
Software Developer and Synthesizer Enthusiast
OLKB Planck 4×12 | Zealios V2 67g | Colemak Matrix DHm

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #129 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 12:04:02 »
Unfortunately not, there will only be barred keys - is that something popular amongst colevrak users? I can look into it for monochrome but kitting is final for hyperfuse since the GB starts in 3 days :(

Offline njdoyle

« Reply #130 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 12:15:59 »
I don't really know what's "popular" but I would have found scooped homing for Colevrak nice to have.

I was thinking I'd personally end up using the ancient alphas anyways with their scooped homing, so it isn't really a big deal.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #131 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 12:20:33 »
I don't really know what's "popular" but I would have found scooped homing for Colevrak nice to have.

I was thinking I'd personally end up using the ancient alphas anyways with their scooped homing, so it isn't really a big deal.

Thanks for bringing it up, that's definitely something I will look into for KAT Monochrome - is there a discord or a place where people using Colevrak hide in the shadows? :D

Offline njdoyle

« Reply #132 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 12:50:15 »
is there a discord or a place where people using Colevrak hide in the shadows? :D
https://www.colemak.com has forums and a Discord.

For me, I've seen it comes up often enough around software developers as a tangent topic but I haven't followed the community closely.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 19:13:48 »
is there a discord or a place where people using Colevrak hide in the shadows? :D
https://www.colemak.com has forums and a Discord.

For me, I've seen it comes up often enough around software developers as a tangent topic but I haven't followed the community closely.

As far as I know homing cap style preference is independent of layout preference.  I feel it's best to offer all of the Base kit's homing keycap styles in the Colevrak kit too.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 19:28:53 »

Thanks for bringing it up, that's definitely something I will look into for KAT Monochrome - is there a discord or a place where people using Colevrak hide in the shadows? :D

Just have a sit down with Dvorcol. He knows a bookful of Colevrak and other variants.

Offline jubei

« Reply #135 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 10:33:37 »
Nicely done. Looking to invest in a set that can handle 65% and 75% layouts (Alphas, Icon mods and accents). Presuming Alphas contain 6.25u spacebar. Is ti correct that the Modifier Icons have 7u?

Thanks

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #136 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 12:13:28 »
Nicely done. Looking to invest in a set that can handle 65% and 75% layouts (Alphas, Icon mods and accents). Presuming Alphas contain 6.25u spacebar. Is ti correct that the Modifier Icons have 7u?

Thanks

If you only want standard support for a 65/75% keyboard (by standard I mean no accent or anything since those kits don't bring any other compatibility ^^) you only need one the alpha kits and one of the modifiers kits :) The spacebars in the alpha and modifiers kits are respectively 6.25 and 7u, indeed :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins - GB live in EU and Asia
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 02:16:14 »

Lividity x Hyperfuse collab

The GB is live in Europe and in Asia/China - I will update you guys as soon as I have the link from Originative!

Here is where you want to go depending on your region:
for Europe, MyKeyboard.eu - [LIVE];
for the States, Originative - [Soon, will be updated as soon as the GB page is live!];
for China and the rest of Asia, zFrontier: Asian site - [LIVE] | Chinese site - [LIVE]

For those wondering about artisans, here is the list of confirmed collaborations:
۞ MelonKeys - first on the list is Melonkeys - this will be the very first sale for their new sculpt - Odin. And what a sale, this will be a GB running from July 1st till July 31st
More
;
۞ Alpha Keycaps;
۞ Lividity - Puppeteer & Observer
More
;
۞ GSK - HFO Velities!
More
;
۞ SodieCaps;
۞ Latrialum;
۞ TRMK; and
۞ Bad Habit Caps.

This post will be closed as soon as the GB thread is approved :)

Here is the discord link to join in case you want to interact with me/others: >>Welcome to Hogwarts<<

Offline cns187

Re: [IC] KAT Hyperfuse Origins - GB is Live in EU & Asian - NA soon
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 08:55:08 »
I have never ordered off Originative.  I am worried about paying duties to Canada :S

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 09:02:58 »
Yeah, I think this will end up being the set I own in the Hyperfuse colours. :)  Usually I'm a sucker for non-latin alphas, but the Ancient Alphas as designed just aren't doing it for me...  IMHO, they are too visually homogeneous, and look a bit uninteresting in the renders.  I also don't know Stargate lore very well either, so I googled for the Ancient language, and I was surprised to find that in fact there is already a set of alphas that map directly to latin characters, which I'm surprised weren't used: https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_language.  These seem like they could have been given a treatment to look nicer, and been more in line with the lore.  🤷‍♂️

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 09:08:14 »
Yeah, I think this will end up being the set I own in the Hyperfuse colours. :)  Usually I'm a sucker for non-latin alphas, but the Ancient Alphas as designed just aren't doing it for me...  IMHO, they are too visually homogeneous, and look a bit uninteresting in the renders.  I also don't know Stargate lore very well either, so I googled for the Ancient language, and I was surprised to find that in fact there is already a set of alphas that map directly to latin characters, which I'm surprised weren't used: https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_language.  These seem like they could have been given a treatment to look nicer, and been more in line with the lore.  🤷‍♂️

I considered those but didn't like the end result and much preferred the look of the abstract symbols - the ancient language reminded me too much of the alphas used for KAT Drifter (the set looks great but I wasn't a fan of the alpha legends :)

The symbols I used are abstract mathematical symbols used to make combinations on stargates that were automatically dropped on unknown planets so that the Ancients could, later, get to those planets without spending decades on a spaceship - this was in line with the space travel idea I was going for :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 13:00:52 »
Hello everyone !!

Quick bump to announce the GB is live in NA as well: https://www.originativeco.com/products/kat-hyperfuse

I’ll be editing the OP and hopefully manage to get the GB Thread approved once I get out of my medical appointment but wanted to share the link ASAP :-)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 14:53:33 »
GB Thread is live!

Please join there or on discord (invite here)

Thanks for the love <3