Author Topic: [IC] GMK Handarbeige+ is BACK on August 26th  (Read 94224 times)

Offline keyboardkrill

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeige
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 17:04:44 »
Update was perfect. Props for staying true to the theme/source material. Because of those decisions, this set slaps! Also you are a keyboard saint for adding gmk relegendables.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 April 2021, 17:36:07 by keyboardkrill »

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 23:26:39 »
I like this more than I should. Although I'd highly suggest adding a UK vendor as well rather than just a blanket EU/UK one. Brexit decided to make things a lot more expensive to get them across the channel when the cost of these sets + addons are what are.

Hey! So Mykeyboard assured me early on that by the time the group buy rolls around (and definitely fulfilment) that they'll have a solution to the Brexit problem. I'll discuss things with them to see how they're going, otherwise I'll reach out to some UK vendors.
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline hexa

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 09:58:51 »
Only request from me would be for an "icon" split backspace key, like in the HADditionals set and classic retro sets. Not sure on the exact name for this, sorry. I think that icon version looks better than just the word "Backspace".

Otherwise, love the set and this update!

Offline kyuut

• i just learned a new dance
« Reply #153 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 13:28:53 »
i'm really happy to see relegendables. i hope this set sells well :thumb:
More
TGR Jane v2 | TGR Jane v2 CE | TGR x SINGAKBD Unikorn 2.2 | SINGAKBD Kohaku R2 Prototype | HHKB Professional 2

Offline Cowmovie4

• hollow keyboard haver
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 15:27:31 »
I'm extremely excited for this set, I'll keep an eye on this and hopefully I can snag this and standard handarbeit and see how obnoxious mixing the two sets together would be. Good luck with the GB!!
u/TheFourthCow - formerly TheFourthCow on geekhack... until I locked myself out.

Designer of the Funky40 - IC TBD
Working on a new board! IC inbound?
https://i.imgur.com/5GVY8I5.jpg

Offline JakeyPancakey

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 16:12:08 »
Definitely looks better than regular Handarbeit in my opinion. Great concept, but still it burns my eyes.

Offline rookybomb

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 16:36:33 »
Can't wait for this  :thumb:

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 19 May 2021, 19:53:24 »
Can we get some love for ortho/40's?

Offline pohpoh

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 21 May 2021, 09:44:55 »
nice set commandante

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 16:28:25 »
Just noticed something, but the Scroll Lock in the current kit renders should go with icon-only modifiers (like in GMK Handarbeit). If you're going to switch modifier styles to icon plus text, you should also revert the Scroll Lock style to the original kind -- like in GMK KA1953 / Classic Retro.

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 01 June 2021, 19:11:44 »
Just noticed something, but the Scroll Lock in the current kit renders should go with icon-only modifiers (like in GMK Handarbeit). If you're going to switch modifier styles to icon plus text, you should also revert the Scroll Lock style to the original kind -- like in GMK KA1953 / Classic Retro.

Hey Lightning! Thanks for pointing this out!

I actually went with the scroll icon as a stylistic choice, just cause I think it looks neat. I know it's not true to KA1953 (which I said I would be), but I wanted to sprinkle in a little bit more of handarbeit than what I already had. Now that attention has been drawn to it, I'd like to know how people feel about it - I'm open to changing it to the 'correct' legend if it's something people want.
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline busytimmy

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 08 July 2021, 05:05:17 »
This might be the greatest GMK set to ever exist, once it is finally made. I, like others, can scarce wait for the day this GB opens.
As an Aussie who was born in Germany, the amalgam of beige and Handarbeit that exists here in these renders fills my heart with joy and pride - it's just so, so beautiful and ugly at the same time :D

And I may be in the minority on this... but if in some way we could get 1.5 R5 'Super' keys and stepped Control bro, that would - for me - take this from an 11/10 to a 20/10  :p

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #162 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 18:26:53 »
This might be the greatest GMK set to ever exist, once it is finally made. I, like others, can scarce wait for the day this GB opens.
As an Aussie who was born in Germany, the amalgam of beige and Handarbeit that exists here in these renders fills my heart with joy and pride - it's just so, so beautiful and ugly at the same time :D

And I may be in the minority on this... but if in some way we could get 1.5 R5 'Super' keys and stepped Control bro, that would - for me - take this from an 11/10 to a 20/10  :p

I should probably add in 1.5u super keys, stepped control maybe not
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 20:47:32 »
I really like this set and am waiting for it to be launched :)
That said, are u willing to consider an icon mods child kit? Mainly for the shift, caps lock, backspace, enter. Not so much for the control/Alt

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 20:17:42 »
I really like this set and am waiting for it to be launched :)
That said, are u willing to consider an icon mods child kit? Mainly for the shift, caps lock, backspace, enter. Not so much for the control/Alt

To be honest, I'm hesitant to do so, because I'm really not sure if there would be the demand to hit MOQ for something like that. Sorry!
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline Sturmtiger

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 22:29:15 »
Looks great!

Online udller

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 01:52:22 »
a row4 kit would be nice. but i think theses additional keys arnt a big factor in the hobby nowadays. blue-alert had it in base so you could switch..

Offline heyman

• ⌨️ 🔥
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 02:52:57 »
cool set
TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR 910 CE | Matrix 8XV1.0 | Matrix 8XV2.0 | Matrix 6XV2.0 | OTD 456GT | OTD 356Mini | LZ MP | LZ CLS | Iron165 FE |

Offline kiandelmundo

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 03:04:10 »
ngl would love to see this in crp or epbt instead cause gmk queues are insane and we might get this after 3 years

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 02:57:50 »
ngl would love to see this in crp or epbt instead cause gmk queues are insane and we might get this after 3 years
Funnily enough, it would take just as long to get this produced with CRP as it would with GMK. There's quite a queue for getting projects off the ground with them. ePBT would be a cool option but a lot of the demand is for this to be a gmk set.

In another universe, I'd be running this in DCS or something, but the sad fact is that GMK is still the king.
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline nostyle_au

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 20:11:28 »
Funnily enough, it would take just as long to get this produced with CRP as it would with GMK. There's quite a queue for getting projects off the ground with them. ePBT would be a cool option but a lot of the demand is for this to be a gmk set.

In another universe, I'd be running this in DCS or something, but the sad fact is that GMK is still the king.

Just rerun the set in every profile known to man  :-*

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeige - Group Buy October 11 - November 12!
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 21:07:39 »
Oh yeah by the way, I have an official date for the group buy now.

GMK Handarbeige group-buy opens October 11th and runs until November 12th, 2021!

I'm also happy to announce the pricing for our US vendor, Mekibo! GMK Handarbeige will be listed for $140usd at group buy. We're not far off locking in pricing for our other vendors, but hopefully this will give you an approximation of cost for your local proxy.
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline Casserole

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeige - Group Buy October 11th - November 12th 2021!
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 21:47:45 »
Can’t wait

Offline Dunne

• Dunne
« Reply #173 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 10:02:03 »
need beige in my life

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #174 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 11:09:35 »

CRP next, ty

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 21:54:30 »
Probs just gonna get the relegendables, but sweet set.
Current:
Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (Purple DES V1) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S (45g Stock Domes)

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 (45g Aged Domes) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps) | Palmetto (Ultraglides)

Offline ina

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 08 September 2021, 22:20:49 »
Love the relegendables GL with GB!

Offline unusuaL_

• Illustrious
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 09:55:00 »
my eyes hurt blissfully
collection: yae60 proto, f1-8k (cocogoat shill), hhkb pro2

receiving: frieren tkl proto

Offline autocast

« Reply #178 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 01:12:52 »
(retracted)
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 September 2021, 23:33:13 by autocast »

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 22:11:28 »
Hey gang!

Less than one month until group buy! Just wanted to swing by with a super quick update.

Firstly, I've decided to change the Code legends to a Win95 logo, as well as adding in one 1.5u Win95 key. The reason for this is that people seem to be keen on a 1.5u key, as well as the fact that I've recently learned that this was actually an option (thanks Jono).

Secondly, I've wanted to announce some of the artisan collabs that I've got cooking! The list is not exhaustive, and I haven't got any raffle times to announce just yet, so keep an eye out on the Daily Clack #artisans channel, sign up for the lebirb role to get pings, or check out anywhere else you see artisan raffle forms being posted!

Here's where we're at so far:

Cozcaps (who is also cooking up a giveaway for early buyers of the set! More details to come soon)
Sinpra Caps
Alpha Keycaps
Deag Caps
Sodiecaps

We're working on getting some more stuff on the table, but I'm stoked to be working with such sick makers!

A bit of bad news though, unfortunately there won't be a Rama collab on this set, but I hope that these other collabs (plus potential future collabs) make up for it!
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline hexa

« Reply #180 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 22:16:49 »
Thanks for the update! I think the Win95 key change is great, I was going to use my Win95 key from GMK Classic Retro with the set. Looking forward to the GB!

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 01:04:35 »
Quick mini update but here is the final base kit and updated renders!

EDIT: Mini update again, gb pushed back until the 14th! Not a huge difference in the end
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 September 2021, 22:46:22 by guypigeotto »
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline thesky

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeige - Group Buy October 14th - November 12th 2021!
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 13:44:37 »
I hope the group buy is still starting tomorrow.  :D

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 15:42:35 »
would add 3 key 40s and maybe an accent kit would be cool

Offline Whiskeysodas

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 13:25:03 »
Holy... this is great. Can't wait for the GB to go live in Canada. GL!
"That's bone and lettering is something called Sicilian Braille"

Offline mikestah

« Reply #185 on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 13:27:33 »
something about those colored relegendables make me

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #186 on: Thu, 14 October 2021, 17:55:21 »
Hey everyone! GB is going live as we speak! There was a slight delay as we've now got a hibi collab! I'll make a gb thread and update this one once all vendors are live! Thankyou so much for your support!
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #187 on: Sat, 16 October 2021, 20:10:35 »
Group buy is live everywhere!

Reddit post is now active!
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/q9ojcr/gb_gmk_handarbeige_live_everywhere_until_november/

I've made the geekhack group buy thread, just waiting on approval from the moderators for it to go live.

Thankyou to everyone for your support, and be sure to check out the brand new Hibi collab!
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 19:29:23 »
GB Thread is live!

I'll be posting all of the updates in there, thanks for all of the interest in the set! I still can't believe this got over 50k views, I'm absolutely floored.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=114987
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline guypigeotto

• beige baby
Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeige - RIP (for now)
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 18:01:59 »
Hey everyone!

As has been said, unfortunately GMK Handarbeige has been cancelled due to a lack of sales figures. I have learned a lot of lessons about running a GMK group buy from this experience, and while I don't think it would happen for a while, I still have interest in making this set happen one day. I understand that the asking price was on the higher side, which might have scared off a few people, so that is something I will take into consideration in the future.

I want to personally thank everyone who has been involved in the almost year long process this has been, I have been stunned by the support from those in the community. I also want to apologize for everyone who wanted to see this set make its way on to their boards, but to you I humbly ask for your patience for the future.

For those who were particularly interested in the relegendables, GMK Relegendables will be up and running soon, and whilst you'll miss out on the colourful front prints, there are still excellent options on offer.

A final note: GMK Handarbeit failed to make its MOQ on its first run, but persistence made it happen. I'd like to think that cancellation is a rite of passage, and hope that one day, we will see GMK Handarbeige+ return to your favourite vendors.

Thanks for your support,
Jarrod
i made gmk handarbeige+

Offline totoro3

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 20:52:18 »
Please try to run it again. I'm sure the interest still is very high. I think less MOQ is the move, even tho that may increase the price a little bit.

ne handarbeige avail

Offline elvenmonster

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 20:55:10 »
Judging by the popularity of the recent Xmi Handarbeige set, this original GMK version deserves a re-run.

Offline chaitues

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 21:17:21 »
Its beige, has R5 and adds a bit of whimsy.
Lets try this again, it'd like to get one.

Offline nlbh

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 21:44:24 »
This looks really good.. Give handarbeige..

Offline houdini

« Reply #194 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 00:29:37 »
Please rerun; I'd love to commit. R5 and perfect balance between beige and bussin.
Where's the whimsy people?

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 00:49:26 »
Did someone say Handarbeige rerun

Offline jjolddahgoo

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 01:30:18 »
Everyday, I think about Handarbeige.

Offline zyyg

« Reply #197 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 01:48:04 »
Hi will GMK handarbeige groupbuy again in future

Offline nlbh

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 08:58:54 »
Rerun again please.. I am in.

Offline sarvopari

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 09:29:03 »
How did I miss this?! This is too good. Please bring back, I will cop.