Author Topic: [GB] Time TKL - GB closed  (Read 64250 times)

Offline vtachkov

Re: [GB] Time TKL - GB closed
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 19:51:28 »
2000 grit sandpaper like this will remove scratches from the brass parts.

If you don't want to do it by yourself, here are the options: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92349.msg2552663#msg2552663

Alright I can give that shot plus cleaning with some isopropyl alcohol and post back with some hopefully positive results.

--- Update ---

Ok! Using 91% isopropyl alcohol with a dish washing sponge, I was able to clean most of the splotches left on the brass. Here are my previous 'before' pictures with an 'after' shot. I know it's not perfect but I'm an amateur and we're working with brass here :)

I'm currently soaking the 2000 grit paper, since every resource I see online says to do it. Most recommend soaking overnight so I'll try it after 15 minutes tonight and if it doesn't work out soak overnight and try again tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Sun, 28 January 2018, 22:21:39 by vtachkov »

Offline laminam

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 23:06:34 »
Got mine, looks great! Really glad I skipped the brass bits.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline BJW

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 23:11:07 »
For my brass part, rub with toothpaste as they have function of polishing.  :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 23:14:34 »
Got mine, looks great! Really glad I skipped the brass bits.
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

oh wow, great color
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline nurupism

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 00:30:18 »
2000 grit sandpaper like this will remove scratches from the brass parts.

If you don't want to do it by yourself, here are the options: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92349.msg2552663#msg2552663

Thanks for offering some options for the brass issue, senter. I'm still waiting for my Time TKL to arrive, hopefully it'll be okay with some polish.

In retrospect, I wish the communication for this GB was better. Many buyers would have appreciated learning about the change for the brass finish before the kits were sent out. Perhaps this is something that could be improved for future GBs? Personally I might have wanted a different colored keyboard if I knew that brass wasn't going to work out.

Offline seblove

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 19:29:18 »
Got mine today and ... woah :eek:
187576-0
187578-1

Offline gt1989

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 19:35:44 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Wow, that looks fantastic.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #157 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 19:36:12 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

damn, that's  nice too

looks like all the alu parts turned out great
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 19:41:07 »
I hate to be a buzzkill, but the more pics I see of the other boards the angrier I am that black/brass buyers weren't warned about how badly ours would suck and given the option to switch. This just isn't right.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 19:53:10 »
I hate to be a buzzkill, but the more pics I see of the other boards the angrier I am that black/brass buyers weren't warned about how badly ours would suck and given the option to switch. This just isn't right.

I was pretty interested in the black and brass, I'm glad I didn't buy in.

Offline lshlsh1995

« Reply #160 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 09:51:15 »

I was pretty interested in the black and brass, I'm glad I didn't buy in.

well, copper is copper. In essence it is better than alluminum. I am thinking if I should try to make the copper parts look aged.
Idk how well google can translate this link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-15833883722.99.473879ecnZ9IFa&id=12625996815
but basically such solution can make copper and brass look like antique. So in the very first pic, the brighter ones turn into the darker ones after being sunk into the solution.
I feel that this will definitely solve the scratch problem, but I am just kind of hesitating because I am just not sure if the color will match to black that well.

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 13:41:18 »

well, copper is copper. In essence it is better than alluminum. I am thinking if I should try to make the copper parts look aged.
Idk how well google can translate this link: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3-c.w4002-15833883722.99.473879ecnZ9IFa&id=12625996815
but basically such solution can make copper and brass look like antique. So in the very first pic, the brighter ones turn into the darker ones after being sunk into the solution.
I feel that this will definitely solve the scratch problem, but I am just kind of hesitating because I am just not sure if the color will match to black that well.
[/quote]

I get it . Sort of a steampunk vibe. Could work. If you try it please post results! Good luck.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 15:14:28 »
Just finished mine!!  Super happy with it! 

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 20:46:36 »
That is beautiful. Sometimes I wish that I understood how group buys work. They always seem impossibly convoluted and impenetrable.
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 21:59:30 »
That is beautiful. Sometimes I wish that I understood how group buys work. They always seem impossibly convoluted and impenetrable.

This was actually my first group buy!  It was pretty straightforward for the most part.  Apparently, it's normal for people to buy-in to a group buy and then wait an insanely long time after placing an order, but this one was fulfilled in like 3 months or so - which was awesome.  So now I'm probably spoiled for future group buys and I'll be pissed when I don't have the product within 3 months, haha.

Offline nurupism

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 00:00:02 »

That looks pretty great! Is yours with the aluminum or brass weight?

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 10:51:24 »

I got brass on mine.  It's pretty heavy.

Offline Pell99

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 11:22:31 »
Top case CNC machining has an error.
What should I do?  :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 February 2018, 13:42:37 by Pell99 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 16:09:21 »

picture please

Offline nurupism

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 16:38:28 »

I got brass on mine.  It's pretty heavy.

Did you do any polishing for your weights to get the scratches out? I'm still waiting for my kit to arrive, but I'm curious what the other brass owners have done.

Offline Pell99

« Reply #170 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 03:58:23 »
I sent an email to senter. I hope the problem is solved.
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 February 2018, 10:17:29 by Pell99 »

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 11:06:28 »

Did you do any polishing for your weights to get the scratches out? I'm still waiting for my kit to arrive, but I'm curious what the other brass owners have done.

Didn't do anything to mine.  I'm alright with the worn-down look, personally.  I mainly upgraded to brass for the extra weight - I can always polish the brass at a later time if it starts to bother me at all.

Quote from: Pell99 link=topic=92349.msg2558889#msg2558889date=1518110551

Do you have a picture?  How bad is it?

Offline Pell99

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 11:30:35 »

Didn't do anything to mine.  I'm alright with the worn-down look, personally.  I mainly upgraded to brass for the extra weight - I can always polish the brass at a later time if it starts to bother me at all.

Quote from: Pell99 link=topic=92349.msg2558889#msg2558889date=1518110551

Do you have a picture?  How bad is it?

top case overall is bad. I do not know the exact name, cutting finish is not uniform throughout. :(

+I received a positive email. I hope this problem will be solved well.
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 February 2018, 08:59:52 by Pell99 »

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 00:08:12 »
Still working on polishing the brass, need to buy some more sandpaper this weekend. Despite that, overall I'm pretty happy with the result. I don't even see the brass anyways, and the thing feels like a tank. Using JTK WoB with HKP mods until I can get my hands on GMK red Samurai.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:33:01 »
Updates on after-sale service:

Replacements and missing parts reported to me/zFrontier before CNY have all been shipped out by zFrontier. edit: Please contact zFrontier if you need a tracking number.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #175 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:32:54 »

Replacements and missing parts reported to me/zFrontier before CNY have all been shipped out by zFrontier. edit: Please contact zFrontier if you need a tracking number.

So is this the time (pun, hurrhurr) to pressure you into having a round 2 at some point? Can be in a year or two for all I care, I just want one!  :blank:

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 00:41:27 »

So is this the time (pun, hurrhurr) to pressure you into having a round 2 at some point? Can be in a year or two for all I care, I just want one!  :blank:

Seconded!

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 09:59:13 »

I received the tracking from DHL. Thanks again Senter for taking care of us :)

Offline lovetree

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 23:39:40 »
Still waitng for my Time TKL to be shipped... :'(

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 07:39:37 »
Still waitng for my Time TKL to be shipped... :'(

:eek:

didn't know you are missing parts as well. It should be on the way to you tho.

I always take care of familiar faces first but I didn't know one of those order numbers belongs to you.

Ask zFrontier for the tracking number. Feel free to PM me with any other problems.

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
[GB] Time TKL - GB closed
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:00:56 »
Finished building mine. Sorry for potato pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:05:03 by trikoi00 »

Offline Geek Maker

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 19:38:39 »
Finished building mine. Sorry for potato pics
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fabulous

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 12:18:29 »
I received the replacement brass bars last night. Top bar is the replacement, bottom is the original. There's still a faint line that you can see, but it looks like this time they bead blasted the piece as all of the machining marks are gone. It's practically perfect!  Thank you Senter for your amazing customer service. I can't wait for the Orange 75% :)

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #183 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 19:44:55 »
I received the replacement brass bars last night. Top bar is the replacement, bottom is the original. There's still a faint line that you can see, but it looks like this time they bead blasted the piece as all of the machining marks are gone. It's practically perfect!  Thank you Senter for your amazing customer service. I can't wait for the Orange 75% :)

Show Image

Hi vtachkov, actually I really want to thank you for your request of customer service.

1. Thanks for your optimistic. You gave me a positive comment at the start of your email, which encouraged me a lot.
2. Thank for your forgiving. You mentioned the effort you made for fixing the messes we fxxked up. Sometimes we do make mistakes, while we'll try our best to solve them, I really appreciate you were being flexible and would like to cooperate.
3. Thanks for your grateful. We spent a lot of money on the founder editions' gifts, when we can choose a much cheaper one. Most buyers just take it as a sure thing but you expressed your gratitude.

Unfortunately not everyone one was like you. I'm VERY sensitive to people's comments so that I was under a lot of pressure after the "brass parts drama". At least 3 or 4 people keep bad mousing on me, some are buyers some are even not. Why not ask me for solutions before bad mouthing on the brass parts? Where come the negative comments even you're not a part of this group buy? Some other buyers were just rude and troublesome to communicate. They keep messaging me for questions I explained in the post, asking for additional compensations that I can't provide, sending tons of photos on discord for a scratch around screw hole, sending multiple same emails in one day. I was deeply depressed, especially after accidents in real life at the same time. I wasn't even dare to watch Topclack or search on mechkeys because I was afraid of unpleasant comments. There were several times I really want to quite Fox Lab, or even this community. Keyboards is just a hobby to me, not my business.

I'm very grateful for those who encouraged me when I was down, for those good buyers like you. It was my pleasure to communicate with you for solving all your problems. You were a gentleman and I try my best to solve gentlemen's problems. Oh, keep that in mind, old customers always get discount/gifts if they buy again. I'll SPECIALLY take care of your order if you join again in the future.

BTW, here are some [url=https://imgur.com/a/ktiLr]photos[/url] of the brass parts polished by myself. You can compare them with your parts. Have fun with your board.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 21:49:28 »

Show Image

Hi vtachkov, actually I really want to thank you for your request of customer service.

1. Thanks for your optimistic. You gave me a positive comment at the start of your email, which encouraged me a lot.
2. Thank for your forgiving. You mentioned the effort you made for fixing the messes we fxxked up. Sometimes we do make mistakes, while we'll try our best to solve them, I really appreciate you were being flexible and would like to cooperate.
3. Thanks for your grateful. We spent a lot of money on the founder editions' gifts, when we can choose a much cheaper one. Most buyers just take it as a sure thing but you expressed your gratitude.

Unfortunately not everyone one was like you. I'm VERY sensitive to people's comments so that I was under a lot of pressure after the "brass parts drama". At least 3 or 4 people keep bad mousing on me, some are buyers some are even not. Why not ask me for solutions before bad mouthing on the brass parts? Where come the negative comments even you're not a part of this group buy? Some other buyers were just rude and troublesome to communicate. They keep messaging me for questions I explained in the post, asking for additional compensations that I can't provide, sending tons of photos on discord for a scratch around screw hole, sending multiple same emails in one day. I was deeply depressed, especially after accidents in real life at the same time. I wasn't even dare to watch Topclack or search on mechkeys because I was afraid of unpleasant comments. There were several times I really want to quite Fox Lab, or even this community. Keyboards is just a hobby to me, not my business.

I'm very grateful for those who encouraged me when I was down, for those good buyers like you. It was my pleasure to communicate with you for solving all your problems. You were a gentleman and I try my best to solve gentlemen's problems. Oh, keep that in mind, old customers always get discount/gifts if they buy again. I'll SPECIALLY take care of your order if you join again in the future.

BTW, here are some [url=https://imgur.com/a/ktiLr]photos[/url] of the brass parts polished by myself. You can compare them with your parts. Have fun with your board.

Ignore the haters man. **** happens and from what I've read through this thread, you've taken care of any mistakes that were made. While I understand the reason for frustration, people just jump straight to taking their frustrations out on other people, in the worst, because they don't know how to cope with it.

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 10 March 2018, 22:58:48 »

Show Image

Ignore the haters man. **** happens and from what I've read through this thread, you've taken care of any mistakes that were made. While I understand the reason for frustration, people just jump straight to taking their frustrations out on other people, in the worst, because they don't know how to cope with it.
Well said Tanvir, I saw the brass replacement parts. That was really some customer aftersales service. Zeals stab were included in founders edition. That a really sweet gesture. Senter, I still hate myself for missing your first GB. Your post reminded me too. Thanks again for the gift. It really brighten my day.

Offline Jimmare

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 10:13:59 »

I dont really care if we get the same thing or something in these lines,but damn,makes you feel REALLY bad not being on this GB.

Yo senter,is there any chance you might do something like this in the near future?

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #187 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 07:09:30 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

[/spoiler]

My babies!

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 10:39:08 »
I am still waiting for replacement parts and have no idea when or if  to expect them or how to get them. I have sent Z frontier probably a dozen emails about it and they say they have not been able to get responses from you. Maybe people would badmouth you less if you communicated better and more frequently.

Show Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline alisonica

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 18:29:11 »
Hey I'm waiting on replacement parts too. ;D

I am still waiting for replacement parts and have no idea when or if  to expect them or how to get them. I have sent Z frontier probably a dozen emails about it and they say they have not been able to get responses from you. Maybe people would badmouth you less if you communicated better and more frequently.

Show Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 11:19:07 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Is your bottom made of alu? Looks perfect  :eek:

Offline Egobean

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 16:02:21 »
OOooOOO love this color scheme :)

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 23:13:38 »
I heard that there was a R2 of this board. Any truth to that?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 23:17:59 »
I heard that there was a R2 of this board. Any truth to that?

if there was i never saw it

Offline prangano

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 01:54:16 »
senter mentioned it on the key65 thread and on Instagram comments

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 08:15:34 »
That being said, I do plan to run a group buy for Time 80% in the near future. The concept is the same but all the details have been improved. It will be a totally different Time. I'll IC it and collect feedbacks soon.

copied here for ya

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 09:20:08 »
Ah, thanks guys.

My brother is a big watch collector and I'm trying to track down a Time TKL for a gift.

Offline Angelsin

« Reply #197 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 13:33:32 »
Dear buyers in Time TKL group buy,

Some one have already received messages from DHL and should will receive the keyboard in this week.

At this moment I'd like to say thank you all for your support in this group buy.

Time TKL is the second keyboard we developed. It's a little crazy, yet special.
It's so special that not everyone like, but I'm glad I made it happen because you like it and joined the group buy.

Many buyers in Orange TKL group buy also joined this one. I'm so glad that I gain your trust.

Special thanks to zFrontier. They were very professional and patient through all the phases in this group buy and make sure everything goes well.

There are also three unexpected issues in the gb/keyboard.

• The secret gift for founder editions we intended to give were custom-made desk mats. We changed our mind at last because of lack of time. The final secret gifts are not so special but are pricier than the original one.
  • The brass weights were planned to be electroplated. However, the factory found that the small brass parts will be burnt to black with normal electroplating. We decided to only polish the brass surface lightly and keep the raw brass parts as is. You can compare the electroplated brass and raw brass small parts. If your brass parts are oxidized in the future, the recommended treatment for them are applying a mixture of lemon juice + baking soda. You can also contact me if you’re not satisfied with the brass parts.
  • The design of top case is a little lack of consideration that the assembled plate is pretty difficult to be screwed in the top case. You'll need to find the correct angle to put together the plate and top case, which is tricky. A easy way to solve this problem is to solder switches while the plate is attached to the top case.

At last, we'll be responsible for all possible problems. Feel free to ask me if you get any problems. My email address is runninghack[at]gmail[dot]com. Joining our discord channel is also an easy way to find me.

January 24, 2018
Senter

Can we get another link to the discord that doesn't expire?

buy the set for good luck on your next raffle