Author Topic: [GB] (CLOSED) TX1800 [Finished]  (Read 436590 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: [GB] TX1800 (Housing, PCB, Parts, Keycaps) [Shipping]
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 07:09:53 »
But what I do not understand is the payment, it is great to pay the small amount in the beginning, which all paid. So the production had been started - of all cases, plates and PCBs. Let's say there are 50 orders, all of them paid $100 in advance, $5000 in total, so the remaining $200 parts are in total $10000. This huge amount was paid already? I could imagine sometimes someone will need that money - if it was not paid for the production already. Of course it could be great liquidity too :)

Exactly, he needs the money now or before YET still refuses to post anything here.

I'm not mad at him for taking the small amounts off us here but it's the promises he made earlier on then ignoring them, for what reason - who knows.

Would be surprised if he still is making them because he's basically been working out of his own pocket but refuses to ask for anymore payments, that is what angers me the most in that this scheme he devised, that's costing him an arm and a leg yet won't ask anything from us.

Of course I'm presuming he is still working on these keyboards but that would be my, abnormally optimistic side showing here.

Offline YongJK

« Reply #1001 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 22:24:23 »
Guys, I have communicated with his wife for a little bit.
I was informed that Ki is extremely busy with his examination preparation, if you do not know, Ki teaches middle school kids in current time.
The examination last until last week of this month.

So please bear with him a little more  :)
Keyboard: PLU ML87 Mx Blue

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1002 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 22:32:09 »
I was informed that Ki is extremely busy with his examination preparation, if you do not know, Ki teaches middle school kids in current time.

Thanks a bunch for the update. Very appreciated  :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1003 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 22:35:54 »

Hey... Good ol' Yong to the rescue.
Though even a quick message from him will still be appreciated, like, "Hey, I'm busy but will get to it at that time," or something.
Still, looks like things are looking a bit brighter and we all should hear something in a few weeks.

Now there's SPRiT still...

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1004 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 22:50:39 »
Well I guess that is something.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #1005 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 01:54:59 »
Glad to hear Yong's info :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1006 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 02:31:34 »

Of course we'll still be here at GH, wondering what will happen next.......

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1007 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 20:16:54 »
Oh nice... Someone that talked to someone who knows kin25... Things are fine guys!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1008 on: Sat, 10 October 2015, 22:12:22 »
Oh nice... Someone that talked to someone who knows kin25... Things are fine guys!!!

Can't tell if you are being facetious or cheeky  :) .

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1009 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 05:14:27 »

Can't tell if you are being facetious or cheeky  :) .
cheeks out boys!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Kola93

« Reply #1010 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:07:58 »
What happened to this GB? Is this another one of those Korean scams that I have been hearing about?

The design is really nice, but it's unfortunate that the GB host has disappeared. :(

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1011 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:22:48 »
What happened to this GB? Is this another one of those Korean scams that I have been hearing about?

The design is really nice, but it's unfortunate that the GB host has disappeared. :(

Nonono, Kin is going to update us all on the first Monday of next month after he's finished his busy period... right....RIGHT?..... /s

Sadly, I do think we have been royally scammed. 6 months overdue and no word from the GB leader in months AND the Korean forums all had their orders fulfilled.

Offline Kola93

« Reply #1012 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:41:56 »

Sadly, I do think we have been royally scammed. 6 months overdue and no word from the GB leader in months AND the Korean forums all had their orders fulfilled.

Does GH have any guidelines to ban and prevent scammers from further participating in the community? I see that the GB leader's account is still active at times.

This is quite sad. :(

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1013 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 23:53:41 »

Does GH have any guidelines to ban and prevent scammers from further participating in the community? I see that the GB leader's account is still active at times.

There have been times where the GB leader has come back and fulfilled all/most of the orders (Sprit) after a long delay of silence. There are very clear rules noted in this subforum that is is our own duty to decide where to spend out money.

DrugER was someone that clearly scammed a lot of money and I don't think they are banned technically. Him and Kin are probably making it rain somewhere with all of our hard earned $$$$

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #1014 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 00:06:54 »
It is the nature of the group buy, in keyboards and in other hobbies, that significant risk is taken on as the end purchaser. This is not a retail process. The expense and risk is high because a small group of people are seeking something that otherwise isn't commercially viable. It's worth always remembering the trade-off of wanting something special. And if you can't afford to lose it, you probably shouldn't ever join.

One thing about this buy: Kin25 only took deposits. So as far as making it rain, I don't think so. He would be a very poor scammer indeed. More likely is his family, his job, and a couple of manufacturing problems all snowballed into something he is having a hard time handling. Maybe he won't ever be able to make it right, and maybe he will. No one really knows right now, possibly including Kin25 himself. Which might explain why he won't post.

As for a system to prevent problems: you can't. Make everything retail and none of the special projects happen. Failures have come from new members, and members who have run many, many successful buys. And, in complete honesty, maybe people like me are the problem. I'm not pleased with how this has gone so far, but despite everything saying this is a sinking ship, if Kin25 sent me an invoice tomorrow I'd pay it. I'd still rather have the keyboard than my deposit back. And therein lies the rub: I'm not the only one who thinks this way, possibly making it a little too easy for bad projects to fester.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1015 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 00:10:55 »
It is the nature of the group buy, in keyboards and in other hobbies, that significant risk is taken on as the end purchaser. This is not a retail process. The expense and risk is high because a small group of people are seeking something that otherwise isn't commercially viable. It's worth always remembering the trade-off of wanting something special. And if you can't afford to lose it, you probably shouldn't ever join.

One thing about this buy: Kin25 only took deposits. So as far as making it rain, I don't think so. He would be a very poor scammer indeed. More likely is his family, his job, and a couple of manufacturing problems all snowballed into something he is having a hard time handling. Maybe he won't ever be able to make it right, and maybe he will. No one really knows right now, possibly including Kin25 himself. Which might explain why he won't post.

As for a system to prevent problems: you can't. Make everything retail and none of the special projects happen. Failures have come from new members, and members who have run many, many successful buys. And, in complete honesty, maybe people like me are the problem. I'm not pleased with how this has gone so far, but despite everything saying this is a sinking ship, if Kin25 sent me an invoice tomorrow I'd pay it. I'd still rather have the keyboard than my deposit back. And therein lies the rub: I'm not the only one who thinks this way, possibly making it a little too easy for bad projects to fester.

All good points. I defended Kin a fair bit in this thread, but looking at it today, the lack of one single post over the last few months has made me lose faith.

I have a lot of components sitting around waiting to finish this build so I would also be very happy to receive and pay an invoice  :thumb:

Offline ika

« Reply #1016 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 00:14:24 »
It's worth always remembering the trade-off of wanting something special. And if you can't afford to lose it, you probably shouldn't ever join.

This is a dangerous mindset to have for everyone involved. There is risk on both ends - for the organizer, the risk of not meeting MOQ and the entire GB being a waste of time, energy, and money if they had to prepare shipping materials or prototyping.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1017 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 04:07:50 »
All good points. I defended Kin a fair bit in this thread, but looking at it today, the lack of one single post over the last few months has made me lose faith.

I have a lot of components sitting around waiting to finish this build so I would also be very happy to receive and pay an invoice  :thumb:

You and I both.

Serves us right for ever standing up and supporting these type of STRANGERS because they probably joined only to do this type of scam.  Just surprised he didn't go for the full amount like his predecessor did.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1018 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 04:43:07 »
Now to think, I was really lucky when I sold my order and the user who bought it from me was lucky too because he got the PCB. I have to admit that GB's like this one and the SPRiT GB just took the drive in me to join any in the future.
It feels ****ty when you support one guy and you get stung... I won't vouch for any GB from now on... the SPRiT experience and Ghostofharry was enough for me..
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1019 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 05:22:55 »
I won't vouch for any GB from now on... the SPRiT experience and Ghostofharry was enough for me..

Quite right, the only time you actually vouch for anyone now are those with years of Group Buying experience like BunnyLake, Cody, Matt3o and IvanIvanovich.

They deserve that trust because of the vast number of Group Buys held by them, so naturally you go with them if you want a delivered product at your front door.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1020 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 20:07:10 »
Alright, so I did some quick math, well, estimates, and came up with an idea of how Kin25 might be pulling this off. Please keep in mind this is complete speculation and just my theory.

There must be a limited number of "good" TX1800s from the batch, so his top priority was to take care of those closest to him (the ones with the most potential to cause harm to him), so with that thought, he goes ahead and fulfills the Korean orders with his limited number of "good" TX1800s cases, and receives the full payment for those orders.

Combining the low margins and low cost of Korean CNC work, global TX1800 deposit payments, and the now fully-paid TX1800s from all the Korean members, Kin25 is able to scrape through and come out without a loss.

Just a theory, but mind-boggling, right?
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2015, 22:20:12 by Karura »

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #1021 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 21:48:35 »
Alright, so I did some quick math, well, estimates, and came up with an idea of Kin25 might be pulling this off. Please keep in mind this is complete speculation and just my theory.

There must be a limited number of "good" TX1800s from the batch, so his top priority was to take care of those closest to him (the ones with the most potential to cause harm to him), so with that thought, he goes ahead and fulfills the Korean orders with his limited number of "good" TX1800s cases, and receives the full payment for those orders.

Combining the low margins and low cost of Korean CNC work, global TX1800 deposit payments, and the now fully-paid TX1800s from all the Korean members, Kin25 is able to scrape through and come out without a loss.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1022 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 23:13:00 »

Yes.  It's not helpful to ban immediately though, since that basically seals the deal (no way to update us even if he wanted to).  At this point, the best we can do is to simply not approve future group buys, which is standard procedure.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1023 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 01:16:34 »
Alright, so I did some quick math, well, estimates, and came up with an idea of how Kin25 might be pulling this off. Please keep in mind this is complete speculation and just my theory.

Some parts of that could be right..

I can easily see that he didn't want to rip people off (or else why only take a minor deposit on what is not a huge number of these from GH).  I can see he probably had some issues (there were some obvious quality issues with the cases).  He probably ran into some time issues.  He completed the local ones as he's really a part of that community...

He's probably not sure what to do with the rest...have people said they're ok with slightly messed up cases?  I get the feeling he's not sure what to do as he probably can't fill the order properly..I think if he explained the situation people might understand but I don't know...

It just seems stupid to rip people off just their deposit...he could easily have had the full amount...so I have to think he didn't go into this trying to rip everyone off...

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1024 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 01:25:34 »
I think if he explained the situation people might understand but I don't know...

Wouldn't that be nice?  Unfortunately, when people on GH run into issues, it seems like they prefer to shut down and hide rather than deal with the issue and work towards a possible solution.  Communication.  It's a difficult thing I guess.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1025 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 01:29:59 »

Some parts of that could be right..

I can easily see that he didn't want to rip people off (or else why only take a minor deposit on what is not a huge number of these from GH).  I can see he probably had some issues (there were some obvious quality issues with the cases).  He probably ran into some time issues.  He completed the local ones as he's really a part of that community...

He's probably not sure what to do with the rest...have people said they're ok with slightly messed up cases?  I get the feeling he's not sure what to do as he probably can't fill the order properly..I think if he explained the situation people might understand but I don't know...

It just seems stupid to rip people off just their deposit...he could easily have had the full amount...so I have to think he didn't go into this trying to rip everyone off...

Aboslutely NO excuses for Kin25. Absolutely not.

I have sent him over 10 emails stating my desires to pay off my whole balance, as I had quite a few parts/switches/components ordered with him that were delaying my keyboard builds. (Thanks to this, my keyboard builds are still delayed, but I have sourced the parts now from elsewhere).

He had shown me photos of my TX1800, and I was still quite happy to see it completed, and was okay with the small scratches on my case.

I just want to make it absolutely clear that a large amount of GH members have reached out to him both in this thread and in private regarding paying off invoices, and he just doesn't reply to any of the emails. This is very strange behavior from Kin25, and it seems to be a psychological issue, because it is completely illogical.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 October 2015, 01:35:40 by Karura »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1026 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 01:43:37 »
I think this is a case of classic Korean silent treatment. The same thing goes over in the SPRiT GB's. This is just not acceptable. Same thing for the Tai-Hao GB... For me GB's with people I don't know are from now on out of question. The organizer should have a solid history to gain my trust, and even then I would have some reserves, as to be honest even well established user can go MIA.
To be really honest at this point I prefer missing out on a GB and picking up the stuff in the classifieds at extra cost instead of taking a 100% loss. The math is simple, I'd rather pay 110$ instead of loosing 90$ . 
I don't even really need **** at this point, I have all the caps I can use, all the boards I need, so I'd rather enjoy the fun from outside the game instead of taking a hit. just my 0.02$
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Polymer

« Reply #1027 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 08:39:46 »
Aboslutely NO excuses for Kin25. Absolutely not.

I have sent him over 10 emails stating my desires to pay off my whole balance, as I had quite a few parts/switches/components ordered with him that were delaying my keyboard builds. (Thanks to this, my keyboard builds are still delayed, but I have sourced the parts now from elsewhere).

He had shown me photos of my TX1800, and I was still quite happy to see it completed, and was okay with the small scratches on my case.

I just want to make it absolutely clear that a large amount of GH members have reached out to him both in this thread and in private regarding paying off invoices, and he just doesn't reply to any of the emails. This is very strange behavior from Kin25, and it seems to be a psychological issue, because it is completely illogical.

Not making an excuse for him..if we're going to speculate on what is going on (as you did) then I'm just speculating...Fact is, if you offered to pay off your invoice and he wanted to steal the money why not just take the extra money as well?

I don't know if it is completely illogical he isn't responding...see GH60 for a perfect example of what happens when someone gets buried or is unsure what to do next..they just ignore the messages....Some people react differently to different situations...I would say ignoring the messages is one of the more common responses..
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 October 2015, 08:42:39 by Polymer »

Offline Dansor

« Reply #1028 on: Thu, 29 October 2015, 09:05:42 »
My 2 cents, for whatever they're worth (technically 2 cents I suppose), is that this isn't a scam, but that something went wrong logistically and he's unsure how to proceed.
I also think that's the case with other buy in a similar state.

Hopefully he will come around, understand the community will support him and give him leeway if a communicates honestly, even if it's to say the buy is officially failed.
So much frustration could be avoided if people would just communicate.

Anyway, I just want this layout so bad!  Might have to start watching the classifieds, as I think it could be my perfect layout.
I NEED IT!!!!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1029 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 23:05:50 »

So, school exams are over now, giving Kin time to post, right?....

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 00:48:12 »
I am sure he will be on 'soon'.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 00:58:21 »
Soon™

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #1032 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 18:57:27 »
@quochung1989, did you try to contact kin25 on kbdlab? Would he respond?
I saw you in the chat box and assumed you tried to get in touch with him..

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #1033 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 19:03:51 »

I tried & didn't receive any response from kin25...

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #1034 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 19:06:23 »

I tried & didn't receive any response from kin25...
Ahhh, okay...  :'(
 Thanks though

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #1035 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 19:08:30 »
:(

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1036 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 00:10:51 »
HyperFuse, Zealios and a custom 1800 wrist rest by Noko are all just sitting here....

I just want the board so badly  :'(

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1037 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 00:14:22 »
 :(

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #1038 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 20:48:39 »
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I hate the pain you guys are feeling in regards to this groupbuy. It's a crummy situation.

There is a group buy running for another 1800 inspired korean custom. I'm sure many of you have seen it. (Compact SQ.) On It's post on /r/mechmarket, a user posted a commented in regards to this tx1800 group buy, about the leader disappearing with no updates. Leeku replied with the following:

[–]leeku 1 day ago
I think this thread is not the place to tell about kin but he was very busy. I had personal contact with him and asked about tye GB in GH. He said he had no time to finish and pack them. He has not been vanished. He will resume soon. [...]

I had dealings with Kin a few months ago the day the case fiasco happened. Based on my interaction with him, I don't at all believe he's left with your money. He was super honest and straight forward with me and refunded me shipping costs when I insisted he keep any extra as a tip. While none of this proves anything at all, and I may very well eat these words, I do believe he will come back and make things right as best he can.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1039 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 21:20:25 »
Even if he did one a week, he'd be through a lot of orders by now. There's busy and there's 'busy'. I hope I can get a keyboard out of this, but I haven't seen anything that gives me any real hope.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #1040 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 23:17:56 »
Bump of shame.

I wonder what Kin is busy with these days?

I  joined the Compact SQ group buy to fill the void this GB has left in my life.

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1041 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 00:40:53 »
Bump of shame.

I  joined the Compact SQ group buy to fill the void this GB has left in my life.
like a boss
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #1042 on: Sun, 29 November 2015, 08:40:12 »
Bump of shame.

Same.

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #1043 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 11:40:09 »
Any word?

Anyone get their board?
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #1044 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 18:26:42 »
Any word?

Anyone get their board?
Nope, not even the second invoice.
I'm waiting for the Korean school holidays before I send him another email, but it's up to him to respond to it or not.  :-X

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1045 on: Thu, 10 December 2015, 16:23:00 »
My shipping address is not available anymore :(
... ...

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #1046 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 20:46:20 »
Been browsing kbdlab quite a bit lately, Kin is around and posting what seems to be his next project.. http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50&document_srl=3298035

:-X

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1047 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 20:55:30 »
Been browsing kbdlab quite a bit lately, Kin is around and posting what seems to be his next project.. http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_Lsno50&document_srl=3298035

You know what they say: the bigger the plate...

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #1048 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 21:04:04 »

Someone mind leaving a note on there mentioning how he deserted this GB?

Or is it too late?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1049 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 23:48:31 »

Someone mind leaving a note on there mentioning how he deserted this GB?

Or is it too late?

He has already reached DrugER status in my books, so forget about ever seeing anything from that clown again. 

Definitely don't trust South Koreans at all here on Geekhack, they have a long history of subterfuge and deceit and make any Taobao Chinese dealer look extremely honest and forthright  >:D .
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 December 2015, 23:51:11 by Elrick »