geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Domikey x Jaekeyed Relic (GB Dates: July 12, 2023 to August 12, 2023)

(1/11) > >>

jaekid:

DOMIKEY x JAEKEYED
RELIC

GB Dates: July 12, 2023 to August 12, 2023

GROUP BUY PAGE

VENDORS

US - ClickClack.io
CA - AshKeebs
CN - zFrontier
Global - KPRepublic
EU - Eloquent Clicks
UK - Proto[Typist]
OCE - Keebz N Cables
PH - Jaekeyed
ID - Mechaland.ID
TH - Febust Channel

Hi everyone! Jae here. Here's my second keycapset design. I started this project right after the end of GMK Lazurite's Group Buy, last year. This time I designed a gradient keycapset in partnership with Domikey. I have acquired 4 Domikey Cherry profile all-in-one sets - WoB, Astronauts, Vintage, Miami Nights, and to summarize: I can vouch for the quality of Domikey Cherry-profile keycaps.

INSPIRATION

I envisioned Relic to be a keycapset paying homage to the vintage CHERRY MX ABS doubleshot keycaps, in a modern light - past meets present. You may view the gradient as a transition from classic to modern. Due to my fascination with the roots of our hobby, I researched the elements from the past which I can incorporate with the overall aesthetics of Relic, seeking guidance from the CHERRY MX team (at least for the original color codes they used for their OG doubleshots).

SPECIFICATIONS

Profile: Cherry (sculpted, Row 1 to 4)
Material: ABS Plastic
Legend: Double injection molding
Kitting: 6 (six) different kits

RELIC Logo Design

More

KITS

All-in-one ($177)

Domikey offers 'all-in-one' kits for all their keycapsets, which is a combination of all the kits under a keycapset. Relic's kits are: Base, Numpad, Alternate, Icons, Spacebars, and the Relegendables with its 4 (four) different sets of Relegendable Icon sticker packs

Base ($100)

The base kit supports a number of MKB layouts: 60% (Tsangan, HHKB, WKL), 65%, 75%, TKL, Alice, split spacebar, etc.; in Icon-legends modifiers; and includes a total of 8 relegendable keys (in two different colors) which you can substitute with your F-row/R1 keys, or use as macro keys - these relegendable keycaps can be opened up (the cap is detachable) and you can insert any printed paper/sticker as a cool way to design a single keycap legend.

Numpad ($26)

The numpad kit completes your full-sized and 1800 layouts, or your separate numpads.

Alternate ($26)

The alternate kit includes shine-through (LED) keycaps, Icon-Text-legends modifiers, and CHERRY MX logo novelties (which has been officially approved by the brand) to achieve the aesthetic of vintage keycapsets.

Icons ($26)

The icons kit includes newly-tested (by Domikey) icon legend alternative keys for a number of layouts' bottom rows, including basic Mac support (with special R4 1.50u blank 'Command' keycaps for a Tsangan layout).

Relegendables + Sticker Pack ($28)

The relegendables kit includes two types of relegendable keys:

Type 1 - R1-profile base keycap, with the regular transparent top cap
Type 2 - R1-profile transparent shell to cover the base keycap

This kit comes with a total of 4 icon sticker packs (SET A to SET D) with icons you can pinch away using your tweezers, and use as inserts for the relegendable keys. It also comes with 4 different large circular stickers per set that represent the gradient of Relic.

Browse through the image to see all icons included.

Relegendable Icons Stickers REAL-LIFE Sample Photos (from Domikey)

More

We (Domikey and I) have already ran a test print for the initial design of the relegendable sticker icons but the one you see above will be the final iteration I designed. If you are new to the community or unfamiliar with the design possibilities of a relegendable keycap, you may watch the video below, showing how to use these stickers:

Spacebars ($15)

And of course, Relic has a spacebars kit to support other uncommon layouts.
*Note: 1.00u and 1.25u keys are R4 blank concave profile keycaps

RELIC ORGANIZER DESKMAT ($25)

SPECIFICATIONS
900mm x 400mm
Rough texture top
Natural rubber-base

I want a functional deskmat, so I changed the original deskmat design into this new one. Whenever I change my keycaps, I always want them organized. People can use this deskmat to arrange their keycaps while building their boards. Since Relic is Cherry inspired, I incorporated the same elements as the previous deskmat design while adding some 'cherry balls'.

Relic Deskmat REAL-LIFE Functionality Showcase in Black & White
full set of images HERE

Relic Deskmat REAL-LIFE Sample Photos

More

KEYBOARD RENDERS

More

Vulcan x KBDfans Maja

Neson Design N6 and NICO 01(rendered by Neson Design)

Rooke Design Chapter 1

Kiko's Lab Ellora65 and Hand Engineering x Dalesnail Dalco 959 Mini WK/WKL

More

CherryB Works NEO87

More

BlindAssassin SP-111

CMM.Studio Fuji75 PolyCarb

COLOR VERSATILITY

COLLABORATIONS

Metal Keycaps (Cherry profile height)

Jaekeyed x Zomo Relic Relegendable Metal Keycap ($45)

I designed this collaborative relegendable keycap to serve as a functional metal artisan keycap together with ZOMOPLUS. This keycap can be displayed as it is and you can also put a sticker inside and be viewed from the outside.

Design is explained through my Instagram post.

Jaekeyed x Zomo Relic Relegendable Metal Keycap Sample (IRL photos)

HIBI - Relic | Cherry Metal Keycaps

CherryMX Approved!

SPECIFICATIONS

Profile: Cherry
Material: Brass
Finish: PVD Silver

HIBI - Relic | Cherry Metal Esc Key ($66)

HIBI - Relic | Cherry Metal Enter Key ($81)

more images

ZMKC Pocket Game Console Artisan Keycap ($53)

ZMKC Pocket Game Console Artisan Keycap - Relic Cream Colorway

ZMKC Pocket Game Console Artisan Keycap - Relic Black Colorway

Keyboard (Special Edition)

Neson Design 700E x Relic

This is a special collaborative Relic edition I designed with Neson Design of their standard Neson Design 700E, an FRLTKL keyboard with an exploded/isolated spacebar. More info about the collaboration design will be revealed and uploaded before the actual sale.

Raffle Sale for this collaboration keyboard has ENDED and sold through Neson Design and Click Clack’s platforms

VENDORS

US - ClickClack.io
CA - AshKeebs
CN - zFrontier
Global - KPRepublic
OCE - keebzncables
PH - Jaekeyed
ID - Mechaland.ID
TH - Febust channel

As always, I would like to thank everyone who has shown support for Relic. You are awesome! Keeb up MKB community! :thumb:

If you would like to view some of my works (I do renders too and post keeb content), you can check my links here. Thank you! ;D

jaekid:

UPDATES

06/28/22

-Relegendable metal keycap collaboration with ZOMOPLUS uploaded

PREVIOUS UPDATES
More
05/13/22

-Keyboard collaboration with Neson Design: Special edition 700E x Relic reveal
-Real-life sample photos of Relic’s deskmat and the Relegendable stickers uploaded
-Added keyboard renders done by Neson Design of their N6 and NICO 01 keyboards

04/30/22

Kit Changes
Base
-Caps Lock icon changed from 'down arrow' to 'lock'
-Tsangan layout support for 'Mac' bottom row
Icons
-added 1.25u 'diamond' keys (due to changes implemented on the base)

04/12/22

NEW DESKMAT design uploaded (considered final)

04/06/22

-Relegendables insert Icons designs are final (the icon pack consists of 4 sets, A to D)
-Kits modified (based on the IC responses and what I deemed necessary):

Base

* added 1.50u stepped Control key
Alternate

* removed R1 1.00u shine-through cream 'Cherry' novelty key
* removed R4 1.00u black 'Cherry' novelty key
Icons

* added support for icon-modifier '6.25u' bottom row for Windows users
* added support for icon-modifier '7.00u' bottom row for Mac users using blank 1.50u keycaps
Spacebars

* added R4 blank concave 1.00u and 1.25u keycaps
04/01/22

* Relic’s color chips, relegendable keys, LED caps samples are on the way to me (might arrive this weekend), and for inspection afterwards
* There will be 1 or 2 collaboration keyboards (special Relic edition), exclusive for this keycapset (will be announced during the GB of Relic)
* Artisan collaborations will soon be announced (already confirmed 3 artisan makers who I’d partner with)
* Vendors will soon be announced (confirmation of final vendors within the end of this coming week)
* GB date will be confirmed after finalization of vendors

Neely_12:
Definitely in. Would've prefered text+icon in base, but the extra kit is very nice and I appreciate it  :thumb: I do think the cherry enter looks a bit empty (for obvious reasons) but I do think it could benefit from something else filling that space that wouldn't get you in trouble

Robert.Lussier5:
the most badass DMK set yet tbh. Love your work Jae. 100% all in on this one.

Possible row 1, 1U End and Backspace added to numpad kit? I noticed this was common in other DMK sets.

Jsunn:
Looking forward to this set. Looks great and will be watching closely!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version