Author Topic: no0 Dragons show  (Read 4616 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
no0 Dragons show
« on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 12:42:59 »
So... episode 1.   pretty gud'

mmm... it just seems more of the same at the moment,  might take a few episodes to become enthralling.

thoughts ?

Offline Findecanor

Re: Dragons show
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 15:36:37 »
I had not watched the (first five seasons of) Game of Thrones for the gratuitous sex and violence. I had endured it, because I was a fan of the books and knew that there was a lot more to be seen in Westeros.

This pilot episode had sex and ridiculous violence without anything that made GoT good. Predictable story. No likeable, or even interesting characters. I'll pass.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 August 2022, 15:39:47 by Findecanor »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 16:30:53 »
I never read or watched Game of Thrones (past the first 1 or 2 episodes on TV that is) but many years ago I did read a story called "The Hedge Knight" in an anthology and really enjoyed it. But not enough to dive into a gigantic "thing" ....
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 16:36:01 »
Yeah, 'member how GoT started out real strong?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 17:10:28 »
gratuitous sex and violence
There's no such thing :p . Besides, they are THE biggest sellers in any media in all of history! What do you watch TV for if not that? :p
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 17:11:00 »
Like most spinoffs, remakes, and prequels, the target audience has shifted as well as the tone of the show. Did anyone watch Vikings? They recently released a spinoff, and all the characters are young and hot, like teen drama young, and they have a big speech and yell "we are Vikings" within the first 30 min of the show starting. I'm getting similar vibes from hotd. Everyone is too young looking. They said "**** so and so" which is way too new age cursing for a show set 200 years before GoT. Next episode will have a pop culture song, I'm sure, and another popular actor.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 17:43:15 »
Like most spinoffs, remakes, and prequels, the target audience has shifted as well as the tone of the show. Did anyone watch Vikings? They recently released a spinoff, and all the characters are young and hot, like teen drama young, and they have a big speech and yell "we are Vikings" within the first 30 min of the show starting. I'm getting similar vibes from hotd. Everyone is too young looking. They said "**** so and so" which is way too new age cursing for a show set 200 years before GoT. Next episode will have a pop culture song, I'm sure, and another popular actor.

Scandalous predictions..... !!

Hope it doesn't happen...

The characters are young, but most of the mains are quite Homely,  let's hope the trend where ugly actors are typically much better actors hold true.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 17:43:26 »

Did anyone watch Vikings? They recently released a spinoff

That surprises me. I thought that it got cancelled due to lack of interest. I liked it but it did get tedious after a couple of seasons.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 17:44:17 »

Did anyone watch Vikings? They recently released a spinoff

That surprises me. I thought that it got cancelled due to lack of interest. I liked it but it did get tedious after a couple of seasons.

Spartacus was also gud' for 3 seasons, then it went all weird.

ROME was perfect, but short.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: no0 Dragons show
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 17:48:31 »
There's no such thing :p . Besides, they are THE biggest sellers in any media in all of history! What do you watch TV for if not that? :p

Tp4 prefers exactly 1x strong_hug + 1x kiss, then Fade To Black.   Don't need to see it, 100% unnecessary.

Also, it'd be nice if they'd add aliens, spaceships, Borg cube, and AI_plot to the Game of throne series

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 18:29:22 »

ROME was perfect, but short.

I agree, I thought that Rome was absolutely great.

As I recall, it was supposed to go for 5 seasons, but they cut it off in the middle and then tried to cram the whole rest of the story into 2-3 episodes.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 01:29:06 »

Tp4 prefers exactly 1x strong_hug + 1x kiss, then Fade To Black.   Don't need to see it, 100% unnecessary.

Tp4 am a prude :p .

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 06:20:21 »
Tp4 am a prude :p .
I can't speak for tp4 who watches lots but I have watched every episode of exactly one series (Killing Eve, which was hilarious to me for the first two series and I don't remember much after that) and have seen none of anything tp4 has mentioned in memory.  Not a prude just generally seeing people do things that I want to do at a base level but can't allow myself to logically (different but no less solid reasoning for sex and violence) is more depressing than entertaining.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 28 August 2022, 23:44:16 »
Aghh..... Episode 2,   it's..... not bad,   but soooo sloooow.....

Has anyone else lost patience for this sort of thing, or is it just Tp4..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 19:57:46 »
E3,  pretty gud',  even if someone doesn't like the plot,  at the very least it's NOT SLOW.  that's refreshing relative to the last of the GOT seasons.

Offline atarione

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 05 September 2022, 21:07:29 »
we`ve watched the 1st 2 episodes... meh... it is ok so far, hopefully it won`t degrade into a cluster like GoT did.. the last season(s) were terrible..

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 01:23:11 »
Welp, I feel bad for making fun of people who couldn't remember 5 names and places while watching GoT... I must have missed multiple scenes while doing bong rips because I have no clue what the deal is with the war and the crabeater haha. Was it explained in enough detail that I should care, or are they throwing cheap plot points at us because they know attention spans are at an all time low post-covid?
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 September 2022, 01:25:29 by lakeboredom »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 06 September 2022, 01:45:05 »
they've spread out the info across all 3 episodes, so it's pretty easy to forget some details.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 20:02:48 »
Episode 4,  /roll eyes,  unnecessary people touching and the n00dity. Tp4 averts his eyes. quickly scrolling past with the slider. this episode is uncouth, it's not for the vistas of pious citizens.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 21:34:19 »
Episode 4,  /roll eyes,  unnecessary people touching and the n00dity. Tp4 averts his eyes. quickly scrolling past with the slider. this episode is uncouth, it's not for the vistas of pious citizens.

Maybe we need to be able to believe the princess is highly capable of moving outside of her sheltered life for future episodes.  She needed to feel shocked, so we did too.  Just playing devil’s advocate.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 21:43:34 »
what transpired hardly moved the story at all, we didn't learn anything new,

~hbo is a democrat mouthpiece, so maybe they were trying to plug some political agenda with that ending scene...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 22:08:45 »
what transpired hardly moved the story at all, we didn't learn anything new,

~hbo is a democrat mouthpiece, so maybe they were trying to plug some political agenda with that ending scene...

Show Image

is it Qtp4tissue now?     :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 13 September 2022, 06:55:31 »
is it Qtp4tissue now?     :))

he(k no, Tp4 dislikes those people slavers equally.

by all means VOTE DEMOCRAT,  it's only very slightly better.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 13 September 2022, 07:50:14 »

VOTE DEMOCRAT,  it's only very slightly better.

Here are excerpts from the top results I got by Googling "top points from Trump's latest speech" and "top points from Biden's latest speech" :

- Trump
The six plans Trump is already promising for a second term"
(1) Execute drug dealers - “If you look at countries all throughout the world, no matter where you go, the only ones that don’t have a drug problem are those that institute the death penalty for drug dealers,”
(2) Move homeless people to outlying ‘tent cities’ - “You don’t have time to build buildings, you can do that later, but you have to get the people off the street. We have to bring back, we have to reclaim our cities.”
(3) Deploy federal force against crime, unrest and protests - “The federal government can and should send the National Guard to restore order and secure the peace without having to wait for the approval of some governor that thinks it’s politically incorrect to call them in.”
(5) Strip job protections for federal workers - “We’re gonna have a well-trained cadre of people that will hit the beach Day 1, and their number 1 thing is to start taking apart the federal bureaucracy brick by brick.”
(6) Eliminate the Education Department - “We should abolish the Department of Education.”
(6) Restrict voting to one day using paper ballots - “Same-day voting using paper ballots. “That should be our goal,”

- President Biden
President Biden spoke to the idea of what it means to be American. He spoke to the threat facing our democracy from political violence and extremist ideology. He drew a contrast with the past, a place where medical birth control didn’t exist and marriages were limited by the government.
And he pointed to a future of hope. Soaring rhetoric was needed for the soul of the country, for people to hear the language of freedom and democracy be used to advance civil rights, not restrict them. But how does Biden plan to protect any of that progress with a Supreme Court packed with originalists and a slate of federal judges poised to assert states’ rights over everything?
“No matter what the white supremacists and extremists say, I made a bet on you, the American people, and that bet is paying off,”

PS - and even as a right-wing rag like NewsMax attempts to play it down, it still looks positive :
 https://www.newsmax.com/politics/biden/2022/09/12/id/1087025/?ns_mail_uid=753fe9a6-cfaf-41bb-bc96-51d0d2ab29ae&ns_mail_job=DM375682_09122022&s=acs&dkt_nbr=010102wnxdrb
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 September 2022, 08:18:52 by fohat.digs »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 13 September 2022, 09:07:29 »
Yeah, it's official, TP4 DEFINITELY am prude :p .

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 13 September 2022, 13:08:06 »
I am really liking the show so far. I never finished GOT. Part of me wants to but I also do not want to see the disaster ending.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 13 September 2022, 15:44:42 »
I am really liking the show so far. I never finished GOT. Part of me wants to but I also do not want to see the disaster ending.
Honestly it's a great show and well worth watching until the second half of the last season. Just watch it and leave out the ending, make up your own or something.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 14 September 2022, 12:33:45 »

Tp4 likes it because it's a bit faster, and not so drawn out,  although the most recent episode was distasteful.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 17 September 2022, 19:07:08 »
TP4 most definitely am prude. Had high hopes, even tamer than I thought.

It's like you've never seen anyone naked before :p .

Story took some turns I very much saw coming, and some didn't. So far pretty interesting, methinks.

P.S. wouldn't mind to see more of that ser Crispy or whatever his name is tbh .
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 September 2022, 19:08:56 by chyros »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 12:57:24 »
why did that knight guy do what he did ?

makes no sense.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 15:28:15 »
why did that knight guy do what he did ?

makes no sense.

Show Image

My theory is that he is:

-Disgusted and ashamed with himself that he ruined his white cape by breaking his oath.

-He is jealous that he can not marry her (also has to do with him breaking his oath) and does not want to be the side dude.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 15:37:58 »
but that benefits neither him nor her,  it literally improves nothing.

it really felt that the act came out of no where. what was the goal ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 19:28:04 »
Rewatched the whole episodes,  n0pe, still makes no sense.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 10:24:46 »
I get what you are saying. To me it makes a bit of sense. It is for the sake of making the marriage not as congenial as they had "planned."

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 10:34:58 »
hoping they'll explain it better in the next episode, like the queen tricking him into it or idk, magic. but as is, it's just dangling.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 11:10:51 »
so..... it's getting a little confusing..  not sure why Rhaenyra is all of a sudden so "meek"

they're turning the narrative, life sux, and now everything is falling apart,  OK FINE, but explain........ what has happened such that they've all become so frail.

or were we supposed to infer that they were all frail to begin with.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 14:39:26 »
Also the Auto BBQ scene, .... Why ?? .....  what was the point ?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 15:48:26 »
Must admit I'm starting to lose the plot as well. I did NOT see that time jump coming either.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 26 September 2022, 18:17:20 »
even watching the show very carefully, there are some holes.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 21:15:13 »
Also the Auto BBQ scene, .... Why ?? .....  what was the point ?

She was going to die from the failed childbirth.  She wanted to go out in a blaze as a warrior I think. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 21:41:43 »
She was going to die from the failed childbirth.  She wanted to go out in a blaze as a warrior I think. 

but they didn't even try to get the baby out, so they both die?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 11:30:44 »
eh... it's getting kind of lame all this talking stuff.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 21 October 2022, 23:22:16 »
kekeke,  /leaked. !!