Author Topic: Section on Typing  (Read 1494 times)

Offline didjamatic

Section on Typing
« on: Thu, 19 November 2009, 22:27:11 »
Why not have a section on typing to allow discussion of methods, tips, resources, etc. ?
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline AndrewZorn

Section on Typing
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 November 2009, 22:52:16 »
i dont think theres enough discussion (colemak) to warrant a whole section on it (colemak)
try colemak

Offline didjamatic

Section on Typing
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 November 2009, 23:54:31 »
I'm sticking to qwerty because as a Systems Admin i have to use other's keyboards frequently.  This is also why I have always stuck to non-ergo boards, so I'm used to what the majority of boards are which is straight, standard qwerty.

Though I checked colemak with a test at their site and holy smokes, the sample I typed indicated 1/3 of the movement with colemak vs. qwerty.  That's amazing.
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline DreymaR

• Colemak forum guy
    • DreymaR's Big Bag of Kbd Tricks
Section on Typing
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 November 2009, 03:48:53 »
I use both QWERTY and Colemak. I hardly have any trouble typing QWERTY anymore, except for having to look at the keys in the start... and my fingers feeling somehow sullied.

I haven't taken to ergo boards either, for the same reason as you. I did other, software-based ergonomical solutions instead, such as moving the ZXCVB keys one step to the left and using the CapsLock as a scan code remapping modifier to get arrow keys and a bunch of other good stuff to my home position.
Better burden you cannot carry than man-wisdom much ~ Hávamál