geekhack Community > Off Topic

Marijuana, It's probably Fine..

<< < (26/27) > >>

phinix:
I wish they legalise it here in UK. Not gonna happen probably...
Need to move to Canada.

noisyturtle:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Mon, 12 July 2021, 11:34:30 ---
--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Tue, 29 June 2021, 16:26:14 ---
--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 29 June 2021, 16:10:07 ---
People like to hear good things about their bad habits.

--- End quote ---

eg - the deliciousness of non-vegan food

--- End quote ---

I've had some delicious Vegan-fied Chocolate Cake, surprised the hell out of me - so it is possible to make something taste good w/ a vegan pallet
But again depends on the chef/baker of said goods.

--- End quote ---

Vegan food can be absolutely be delicious if it's not attempting to imitate something else. It is in it's best element when doing something that showcases the fresh ingredients, as opposed to covering up or disguising them.

That's also why nothing could ever replace or beat the taste for a really good steak or burger for those who have the taste for them.
No substitute for the real thing.

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Mon, 12 July 2021, 11:34:30 ---I've had some delicious Vegan-fied Chocolate Cake, surprised the hell out of me - so it is possible to make something taste good w/ a vegan pallet
But again depends on the chef/baker of said goods.

--- End quote ---

A protein is a Chain of amino-acids.  There are 22 amino acids, ALL PROTEIN is built from them.

You body does NOT digest whole proteins, if a protein is slightly misfolded or different the body can not use them. WHICH is why the body breaks ingested proteins down into amino acids before making its own proteins.

ALL amino acids originate in plants.  ANIMALS DO NOT produce Amino Acids.

Everything delicious can be made from NON-animal-sources. 

ergonaut:

--- Quote from: ergonaut on Mon, 15 March 2021, 09:47:18 ---But I'm afraid neither UK nor EU will legalize it until it is fully legal on a federal level in the US. None of our spineless politicians would want to risk their careers going against Uncle Sam.

--- End quote ---

Maybe I'm just about to eat my words...

Apparently, the soon-to-be German government coalition is kinda serious about legalizing it. They're still pretty vague about everything, but this is probably the closest Germany has been to legalization ever since it was criminalized in the first place.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

clairemattockskth67:

--- Quote from: ergonaut on Fri, 19 November 2021, 09:33:04 ---
--- Quote from: ergonaut on Mon, 15 March 2021, 09:47:18 ---But I'm afraid neither UK nor EU will legalize it until it is fully legal on a federal level in the US. None of our spineless politicians would want to risk their careers going against Uncle Sam.

--- End quote ---

Maybe I'm just about to eat my words...

Apparently, the soon-to-be German government coalition is kinda serious about legalizing it. They're still pretty vague about everything, but this is probably the closest Germany has been to legalization ever since it was criminalized in the first place.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
It's funny to read the title of the topic. Marijuana is good when it is used in medicine, but not in other cases. I was just writing a marijuana legalization essay in college, you can click this for more details. Every year more and more countries implement legalization. We all perfectly understand that there will be people who will use it for other purposes.

--- End quote ---

Soon legalization will be worldwide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version