Author Topic: [GB] Red Alert Round 2: COMPLETE  (Read 249148 times)

Offline dmbr

Red Alert Round 2 Order Thread [Order Submitted to SP!]
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 11:30:28 »
1x Red Alert

please and thank you :)

Ship to CA, USA.

Offline jrockroll

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 11:42:29 »
seems like my post was gone so I'm posting again

1x Red Alert

1x Red Modifier

1x Grey Modifier

1x Tsangan

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 11:44:52 »
Quote from: jrockroll;603947
seems like my post was gone so I'm posting again

1x Red Alert

1x Red Modifier

1x Grey Modifier

1x Tsangan

still there

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?31887-Red-Alert-Round-2-Order-Thread-Taking-Orders&p=603819&viewfull=1#post603819
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Wraul

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 11:57:16 »
Just sent you a pm for the following

3 x Red Alert
3 x Red Modifier
1 x Grey Modifier
1 x Tsangan White
1 x Tsangan Red
1 x Tsangan Grey
1 x 104
3 x ISO

Any chance for the ISO kit to include at least the shift key in the different modifier colors? Still just one kit but with all the shifts included.

How about spare spacebars?

Offline kaen

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:01:54 »
1 x Red Alert
1 x Red Modifier
1 x Grey Modifier
1 x Tsangan White
1 x Tsangan Red
1 x Tsangan Grey
1 x 104
1 x ISO

Offline nntnam

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:05:08 »
Has anyone here asked SP about the new universal spacebar for Leopold FC700R?
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:05:30 »
it wont. just FC200r

also, by the amount of orders this will get..

i think it would have been a great idea to do blank mods (no text, just arrows) just like the real red alert.

only a few (around 6) mods to do and it can be spread evenly around everybody so it wont hurt anybody's pockets too bad.

but probably too late for that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:10:36 by demik »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:34:10 »
Quote from: demik;603967
it wont. just FC200r

also, by the amount of orders this will get..

i think it would have been a great idea to do blank mods (no text, just arrows) just like the real red alert.

only a few (around 6) mods to do and it can be spread evenly around everybody so it wont hurt anybody's pockets too bad.

but probably too late for that.

It's not too late. Ragnorock just needs approval from Uranium at OTD/KBD to go ahead with that. I believe sixty forwarded that request to Uranium and is supposed to get back with Rag about yes or no on the modifiers.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:36:50 »
In the first post, in the sentence directly above the three side by side pictures you state, "We will not be doing the numrow of red on white keys or the special keys though." Is that correct? Don't you mean "numrow of white of red", meaning no modifiers for the numrow. I would think the base kit would include "numrow red on white". Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
John

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:40:24 »
2x Red Alert
2x Red Modifiers
2x Grey Modifiers
2x 104

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:41:23 »
Quote from: jdcarpe;603985
It's not too late. Ragnorock just needs approval from Uranium at OTD/KBD to go ahead with that. I believe sixty forwarded that request to Uranium and is supposed to get back with Rag about yes or no on the modifiers.

if he gets the no, why not just pay for it through the group buy

oh wait, you mean using his svgs or him being okay with the group paying for their own?
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:45:11 by demik »

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:53:02 »
Using his SVGs; sixty is not opposed, but since Uranium single-handedly paid for the RA modifier legends, he gets to make the decision whether or not we are permitted to use them for this set.

Offline nntnam

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:54:46 »
WHY don't we ask 7bit to re-use the symbol in his GB round 4? IMO, it looks better than original set :-)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 51871[/ATTACH]

Btw, still confused about the color of red modifiers kit, is it the same red as the number row in KBD's set?
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:56:56 by nntnam »
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline SPARC_PWR

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 12:59:30 »
I've been looking for a set of these.  Just ordered the green/cream cheese so this should complete my collection for a while.

1x Red Alert
1x Red Modifier

United States

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 13:08:57 »
Quote from: nntnam;604001
WHY don't we ask 7bit to re-use the symbol in his GB round 4? IMO, it looks better than original set :-)

(Attachment Link) 51871[/ATTACH]

Btw, still confused about the color of red modifiers kit, is it the same red as the number row in KBD's set?

I love you!

Maybe Ragnorock is too proud to take something from me.

But if he wants them, it would be nice if I'd get 50% of the legends fees back.
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 13:44:54 »
Quote from: nntnam;603722
I'll be moving to Japan by October. Still unsure what address I should put in the message, .... hmmm....
These should arrive on your doorstep by September at the latest, you're in the states for now right? Feel free to PM me around the time they ship out so we can make sure. They should get to me by early-mid July, which gives them plenty of time to show up at your door.

Quote from: AKIMbO;603766
And the stepped caps too.  Looks like I'm going to have a massive order of modifiers in both colors and tsangsan in both colors just to get that center stem stepped capslock.
I'll talk to Melissa about putting them in the modifier kits instead, and including the center stemmed stepped caps in the base set, as well as the GH esc, providing it doesn't change the price a lot, we'll do that. The whole point of the add on kits is to prevent people from buying keycaps they don't need as much as possible. If including them in the Tsangan kit doesn't achieve that, I'll change it. That may mean that the GEEK HACK key comes in red on white instead of inverse though, since it may need to be all one color scheme for the base set.

What's up with the space bar in the modifier kits?  Are they going to be red and grey respectively or just white.  In the Red mod kit picture the spacebar is white, but in the grey mod kit the space bar is grey.
That was a photoshopping error on my part. When I grabbed the image from Bavman at 1am last night I didn't notice it wasn't white. The modifier kits do not come with colored spacebars, as that wasn't part of the original scheme and it increases the cost of an already expensive add on kit significantly. Fixed the image.

Quote from: emptythecache;603782
It kind of sucks you have to buy the base kit and modifiers separately, if for example you were planning on ALWAYS using red modifiers, there's not a lot of point in also having the white modifiers. it makes your order like $30 more than it would need to be.
I'm probably just going to pass on this for now, since I'll finally have trading leverage when my CC&G, and all my R4 sets come.

Quote from: emptythecache;603814
Right that was my point, I wish there was an option to buy the base set with red modifiers INSTEAD of white ones. If i'm never going to put the white modifiers on my board, I'd rather not pay for them.

There are more people who just want a solid red on white set than those wanting red modifiers, if anything, the grey modifiers would have come as part of the base set, and the red mods would still be an add on because they are new. While the point of the add on kits is to avoid people paying for excess keys, unfortunately that will not always be the case, but its as good as we can do to still provide customization without high cost.

Offline Nask

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 13:48:17 »
Just waiting for a friend's confirmation and I'll be part of this group-buy with :
2x Base Sets
2x Grey Modifier Kits
1x Tsangan
:)
Keyboards: IBM SSK | Noppoo Choc Mini MX-Blue | PLU ML-87 MX-Brown | CM QFR Mx-Red | CM Novatouch

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 14:09:13 »
Quote from: kaiserreich;603830
@ragnorock
I think you gotta modify the sample order. You missed out on Tsangan white/red/grey
I didn't see it the first time.
Good point, I figured out late in the night that there were actually 8 things being offered and not 6, so I forgot to update that. I did get the order counters updated though! Lol

Quote from: jdcarpe;603890
Actually, it would make the base sets cheaper (fewer keys), and each person could choose whether they want white, red, or grey modifiers. There would be at least as many modifier orders as base kits. The only people it might get more expensive for are people who want white modifiers, if there is reduced interest in those. But I do feel like I'm subsidizing, in a way, the white modifiers for those people that want them, when I don't.
You get a discount for including them in the larger kit. Essentially if you make it a full keyset, the price is different than buying everything separate even if each one is the same quantity. Thus it would be more expensive for everyone to offer it the way you suggest.

Quote from: jcrouse;603990
In the first post, in the sentence directly above the three side by side pictures you state, "We will not be doing the numrow of red on white keys or the special keys though." Is that correct? Don't you mean "numrow of white of red", meaning no modifiers for the numrow. I would think the base kit would include "numrow red on white". Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
John
That's another typo, thanks for pointing it out. It is supposed to say what you thought it should.

Quote from: jdcarpe;603985
This is correct. We will use the custom legends if possible.

Quote from: Wraul;603959
Just sent you a pm for the following

3 x Red Alert
3 x Red Modifier
1 x Grey Modifier
1 x Tsangan White
1 x Tsangan Red
1 x Tsangan Grey
1 x 104
3 x ISO

Any chance for the ISO kit to include at least the shift key in the different modifier colors? Still just one kit but with all the shifts included.

How about spare spacebars?
Tsangan kit comes with the 7x spacebar, which is larger and doesn't fit most modern keyboards. Its meant for compatibility with other styles (winkeyless) and not just a kit where we add on spares for commonly used keys... but since it looks like you've got those boards, you could order extra tsangan kits for spare spacebars if you want. Unfortunately there is no way to buy an extra 6.25x spacebar without buying a whole new base set.

Anyways, about the ISO kit, I could include the shift key in different colors, but the enter key would still be off color if you decided to go with one of the mod options. If the ISO kit gets decent counts I'll consider adding the JRET and the shift in all 3 colors. Those that would be interested in buying the ISO kit if this change was made please speak up. I don't want to offer it in all 3 colors, but if the demand is there of course I can do it all in one set because the discounts make up for it.

Quote from: WRXChris;603999
Using his SVGs; sixty is not opposed, but since Uranium single-handedly paid for the RA modifier legends, he gets to make the decision whether or not we are permitted to use them for this set.

Quote from: 7bit;604013
I love you!

Maybe Ragnorock is too proud to take something from me.

But if he wants them, it would be nice if I'd get 50% of the legends fees back.
I'd do it, but the problem with that is how similar they look to Uranium's legends. Using 7bit's legends is only necessary if Uranium says no, in which case we'd likely upset him by using ones that look almost exactly the same on the keys that he has done custom legends for. If he says yes... well we don't need to use 7bit's. In any case, its not a matter of whether I'm too proud to take something from 7bit, he taught me a lot about group buys, for which I am very appreciative. Its a great idea but doesn't solve the actual problem. I could front the fees to do the custom legends myself, but I want to avoid stepping on anyone's toes, especially since we got the blessing to do the original set when we weren't expecting to.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 May 2012, 14:15:31 by Ragnorock »

Offline Monja

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 14:10:42 »
1x Red Alert

1x Red Modifier

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 14:11:39 »
should do a blue alert instead imo!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 14:15:51 »
Quote from: 4en;604049
should do a blue alert instead imo!
Shhh, secret! That's what I'm planning for a PBT set. Just trying to figure out if there are any more creative legends that could be used that everyone will like rather than the same olds. The Diablo set is a really great example of how this could be accomplished. I was thinking of a Metal Gear Solid set, but that font actually sucks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 May 2012, 14:18:19 by Ragnorock »

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 14:18:42 »
I'm waiting on your portal keyset ragnorock ! :(

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 14:21:16 »
Working on the order thread right after I catch up on these PMs. Be excited, new designs nobody has seen are in it.

Offline Djuzuh

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 14:22:07 »
As long as there is at least a compagnon cube in the set*:D.

And great !

Offline Wraul

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 15:03:48 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;604045
Tsangan kit comes with the 7x spacebar, which is larger and doesn't fit most modern keyboards. Its meant for compatibility with other styles (winkeyless) and not just a kit where we add on spares for commonly used keys... but since it looks like you've got those boards, you could order extra tsangan kits for spare spacebars if you want. Unfortunately there is no way to buy an extra 6.25x spacebar without buying a whole new base set.
Unfortunately I don't have a board with that uses a 7x spacebar. Just trying to cover my bases for the future.
Too bad about no spare spacebar. But it's no big deal really.
I would have bought a few if they were available, but I can definitely live without.

Quote from: Ragnorock;604045
Anyways, about the ISO kit, I could include the shift key in different colors, but the enter key would still be off color if you decided to go with one of the mod options. If the ISO kit gets decent counts I'll consider adding the JRET and the shift in all 3 colors. Those that would be interested in buying the ISO kit if this change was made please speak up. I don't want to offer it in all 3 colors, but if the demand is there of course I can do it all in one set because the discounts make up for it.
Although I would love a red/grey JRET it's not nearly as important as a red/grey shift. A white JRET could go with any of the modifier colors without looking all that out of place. But one white and one red/grey shift would look mighty weird.

Offline FourtyFoxes

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 15:06:33 »
1x Red Alert
1x Red Modifier

does anyone have pictures of what the red alert looks like on the quickfire rapid red? it seems like it would go nicely with the red plate.

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 15:08:37 »
1x Red Alert Base Set

1x Red Modifier

1x Tsangan White

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 15:12:14 »
Quote from: Wraul;604076
Unfortunately I don't have a board with that uses a 7x spacebar. Just trying to cover my bases for the future.
Too bad about no spare spacebar. But it's no big deal really.
I would have bought a few if they were available, but I can definitely live without.

Although I would love a red/grey JRET it's not nearly as important as a red/grey shift. A white JRET could go with any of the modifier colors without looking all that out of place. But one white and one red/grey shift would look mighty weird.
Not very many people are fans of SP's spacebars to begin with (too sharp or something) so I'm glad you can live without.

Fair enough, adding a couple more keys to the ISO kit shouldn't be a problem, but I'll see what she says about them being multiple different colors. I'll get quotes for 3 JRETs and 3 shifts, and another with just 3 shifts, to compare them.

Offline Wraul

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 15:31:05 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;604081
Not very many people are fans of SP's spacebars to begin with (too sharp or something) so I'm glad you can live without.
Yeah SP's spacebars aren't the best. But one needs them to complete the set.
Quote from: Ragnorock;604081
Fair enough, adding a couple more keys to the ISO kit shouldn't be a problem, but I'll see what she says about them being multiple different colors. I'll get quotes for 3 JRETs and 3 shifts, and another with just 3 shifts, to compare them.
Thank you. That's awesome. Hopefully they won't be all that expensive.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 16:00:33 »
So it is $37 per modifier set? Or is that for both?

Offline bavman

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 16:09:51 »
Quote from: longweight;604118
So it is $37 per modifier set? Or is that for both?

Per color (red or grey) and if you buy more than we pay less!!!

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 16:15:55 »
Quote from: bavman;604126
Per color (red or grey) and if you buy more than we pay less!!!

Sheeeeeet! Poor month for me!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 16:20:44 »
Honestly I'd like to see them both hit about 100, but that means most everyone who orders picks up one or the other... or both. ;)
Also the reason why its so expensive is because its all of the expensive keys, which make up about half the cost of a full set.
Still, at those prices I'm pretty sure this is cheaper than the original RA set.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 16:51:31 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;604135
Honestly I'd like to see them both hit about 100, but that means most everyone who orders picks up one or the other... or both. ;)
Also the reason why its so expensive is because its all of the expensive keys, which make up about half the cost of a full set.
Still, at those prices I'm pretty sure this is cheaper than the original RA set.

Oh sure and I understand why it costs what it does, just need to find more money before ordering as I want the base set and all modifiers.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 16:56:49 »
You might want to find it before this closes, I just got word from Melissa that their prices are going up after this buy.

**as a side note, we have been bombarded by price increases from our suppliers, which means the next round of keycaps that we supply to you will have a higher unit price. I can honor these set prices, but won't be able to in the future.

Translation: This is the cheapest you will ever see a doubleshot keyset ever again!

DUN DUN DUN!
:scared:

Offline Glissant

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 17:26:03 »
Ooo I really hope we get to use the custom legends. That would be cool. Not that I won't be getting the set either way though =p.
And it's a good thing I managed to grab a leftover set of the white on red numrow ;D

1x Red Alert
1x Grey Modifier

« Last Edit: Fri, 15 June 2012, 16:18:59 by Glissant »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 17:40:07 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;604156
Translation: This is the cheapest you will ever see a doubleshot keyset ever again!

DUN DUN DUN!

I was afraid this would happen. :tsk:

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 18:04:35 »
Really interested in this set but ONLY if we end up getting Uranium or 7bit's legends. Subscribing...
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline njvz

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 18:46:24 »
1x Red Alert

1x Red Modifier

1x 104

Yuess! On a scale of one to amped I'm totally YEAHHHHH
Boards: Noppoo Choc Mini | Leopold TKL | KBTalking Pure | Rosewill RK-9000 | IBM model M | Filco Ninja Majestouch FS
Filco Ninja Majestouch FS

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 19:30:59 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;604156
You might want to find it before this closes, I just got word from Melissa that their prices are going up after this buy.

DUN DUN DUN!

lets hope quality control also increases

Offline snowboarder3

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 20:36:11 »
Quote from: demik;604239
lets hope quality control also increases

Are you thinking of the same SP as I am? I don't think they know what those words mean. :p

Seriously though, depending on prices Chinese dyesubs are starting to become a much more viable option.

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 22:17:02 »
Hello, I'm interested in making a purchase, but I am most likely moving on August 1st (same city, just different place with a classmate). Would this be an issue if I have to change my address after I make my payment?
Current: HHKB Pro 2, 87u 55g 10AE, FC600C, Model M 1391401

Offline snowboarder3

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 22:18:40 »
Quote from: MarkPharaoh;604369
Hello, I'm interested in making a purchase, but I am most likely moving on August 1st (same city, just different place with a classmate). Would this be an issue if I have to change my address after I make my payment?

You're fine. Just shoot rag a PM when your address changes. Welcome to geekhack! Hope your school year went well.

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 30 May 2012, 22:32:01 »
Great, thanks. Went well, but now I have a summer class!
Current: HHKB Pro 2, 87u 55g 10AE, FC600C, Model M 1391401

Offline Choi Young Gyoo

• * Vendor
  • GH / DT / KBDMania
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 31 May 2012, 01:06:01 »
order pm'ed again
LZ-SE  Black / Trik X Silver / 456GT Red / 356CL / 356n MKII red / Koala Black / etc

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 31 May 2012, 01:32:38 »
Just to let everyone know, I made the changes I mentioned earlier to the Tsangan and Base sets. I reverted the Tsangan kit to its original form, and lumped the center stem stepped caps lock and the GEEK HACK key in with the base set, with only a small increase in price. The price increase in the Tsangan kit would have been much more significant.

As discussed earlier, here are the options for putting multicolor keys in with the current ISO set.

Pricing for the ISO sets is below:

Option A: Full Red on White ISO set plus White on red and red on grey short shifts and blank JRETs in red and grey (8 keys)
15 sets          $21.00 per set
25 sets          $16.00 per set <- Target Price
50 sets          $12.00 per set
75 sets          $11.00 per set
100 sets        $10.00 per set

Option B: Full Red on White ISO set plus only the extra short shifts, no extra JRETs in all 3 colors
15 sets          $14.00 per set
25 sets          $11.00 per set <- Target Price
50 sets          $9.00 per set
75 sets          $8.00 per set
100 sets        $7.00 per set

Option C: Original ISO set15 keysets $13.00
25 keysets $10.00 <- Target Price
50 keysets $8.00
75 keysets $7.00
100 keysets $6.00

Okay so as you can see, the extra short shifts to match the modifier set are only a dollar more for the two of them, so we will do that at the least, and it's up to you guys whether the extra JRETs are worth the extra premium. ISO users please chime in.

I'm about to update the OP with all of the orders from the first day, I've got about 30 PMs in my inbox. Keep it up guys, hitting 300 with this would be awesome.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 31 May 2012, 02:47:29 »
First post updated, 45 sets in less than 24 hours...
Not Bad

Also the red modifier popularity is staggering, I expected it to get less than grey, and it's got a significant lead!

Offline Wraul

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 31 May 2012, 02:48:31 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;604438
Just to let everyone know, I made the changes I mentioned earlier to the Tsangan and Base sets. I reverted the Tsangan kit to its original form, and lumped the center stem stepped caps lock and the GEEK HACK key in with the base set, with only a small increase in price. The price increase in the Tsangan kit would have been much more significant.

As discussed earlier, here are the options for putting multicolor keys in with the current ISO set.

Pricing for the ISO sets is below:

Option A: Full Red on White ISO set plus White on red and red on grey short shifts and blank JRETs in red and grey (8 keys)
15 sets          $21.00 per set
25 sets          $16.00 per set <- Target Price
50 sets          $12.00 per set
75 sets          $11.00 per set
100 sets        $10.00 per set

Option B: Full Red on White ISO set plus only the extra short shifts, no extra JRETs in all 3 colors
15 sets          $14.00 per set
25 sets          $11.00 per set <- Target Price
50 sets          $9.00 per set
75 sets          $8.00 per set
100 sets        $7.00 per set

Option C: Original ISO set15 keysets $13.00
25 keysets $10.00 <- Target Price
50 keysets $8.00
75 keysets $7.00
100 keysets $6.00

Okay so as you can see, the extra short shifts to match the modifier set are only a dollar more for the two of them, so we will do that at the least, and it's up to you guys whether the extra JRETs are worth the extra premium. ISO users please chime in.

I'm about to update the OP with all of the orders from the first day, I've got about 30 PMs in my inbox. Keep it up guys, hitting 300 with this would be awesome.

I would prefer option A, makes it feel less like a compromise.
But I can understand if it makes it a little step for some and I'm fine with option B too.
Option C doesn't really feel that relevant seeing how option B is only $1 more.

Offline snowboarder3

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 31 May 2012, 05:23:34 »
Glad to see that there will be a GEEK HACK key with the standard kit!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 31 May 2012, 06:23:00 »
I also vote for Option A for the ISO kit. I don't mind paying a few dollars extra to have a matching color JRET.

Also, what would everyone think about including a center stemmed stepped caps lock in the modifier kits?

Is the GH key included in the base set going to be red on white? Just like the one from the recent GB? If so, that is fine, but can we get a color matching GH key in the modifier kits, as well?
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 May 2012, 06:33:10 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."