Author Topic: Phantom PLATES (shipping)  (Read 89978 times)

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
Re: Phantom PLATES (shipping)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 19:59:58 »
GB isn't open. However, IIRC the plates are Open Source, so you can download/make your own...though you need a phantom to do so...
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #401 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 03:13:28 »
UPDATE

I've started shipping plates a few days ago, so some people should start receiving them. If you've PM'ed me, I've read them and will update the spreadsheet (will link the google doc once everything is finalized). On average, each plate was $1.42 more than what I invoiced for because we did not meet MOQ from cancellations and non-payments. I had to get the lower quantity cut from Beast's local cutter, otherwise I'd lose even more money from lower price tiers. This extra cost is not much per plate, but did add up to a decent amount at 140 plates. You can pay this difference if you'd like, but I'm forcing you. Paypal is whitefiredragon1 @ hotmail . com *without the spaces* gift preferred. I won't be keeping track or check who's paying. Now to mention a few things about the plates:

My local laser cutting company: ANS125 - ANS150
Beast's local laser cutter: - ISO125 - ISO150 - PRF125 - HHK150 - WFD125 - RBD150

All plates from Beast are bent, so they MUST be bent flat again before you solder on the PCB, otherwise it'll bend the PCB and may not mount inside the case correctly. This should only take 5 minutes. Here are a few pics below to show what  you can expect so there are no surprises when you get them:

Here are all the plates before I started shipping. All plates sourced from me were individually wrapped by the company, all plates from beast will come bare.
22825-0

Here's the noticeable bend in plates from Beast. Again, you must straighten it out before installing. Plates from my source are already flat, ready to install.
22827-1

They don't have the same surface finishes, so here's just a comparison. My source is line-grained going vertical and more smooth and reflective. Beast's source have the brushed finish going horizontal, look a tad whiter and less reflective. Beast's plate will also be some scratches, so I'm just letting you know these blemishes in advance.
22829-2 22831-3

The bottom on Beast's plates have some track marks from the time saver machine. They also have blow-out marks from the molten steel during the cutting. These are on almost every hole, so just be careful you don't cut yourself on these marks. You can peel/pry them off if you'd like. Plates from my source have a very small burn outline on the bottom. No other marks.
22833-4 22835-5
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 03:26:19 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #402 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 08:57:24 »
I'm just glad I bought extra plates now. WFD that looks like a really good cutting source you've got. Hopefully I can do a little work on the 2 plates using Beast's cutter and still get good results. Thanks again for organizing this.

So I'd like to pony up on the extra cost you incurred. Was the $1.42 for all the plates ordered, or just the plates you had to send to Beast's cutter?
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2013, 08:59:30 by Wildcard »

Offline BimboBB

« Reply #403 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 13:04:27 »
can you break them when you bent them?  :-[

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #404 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 17:58:41 »
can you break them when you bent them?  :-[

It would be extremely hard to break a plate bending it straight. You simply place the edge on a table and gently apply pressure to the middle of the plate until it sits flat on a table
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Acanthophis

« Reply #405 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 18:41:03 »
You simply place the edge on a table and gently apply pressure to the middle of the plate until it sits flat on a table
This didn't work for my Poker plate. I even put the plate between two flat wood boards and put approx. 30kg weight on it. Left it for 2 weeks. Still looked the same. I angrily bent it by hand in mid air. I roared like Bagger 288 while doing so.

To be honest, I'm glad I got my plate from WFD's cutting shop, I just hope it won't bend during transit.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #406 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 18:50:55 »
Yes I don't see how laying it flat could possibly straighten it.  Steel is way too springy for that.  You have to bend it in the opposite direction (carefully)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #407 on: Wed, 22 May 2013, 19:15:59 »
Yes I don't see how laying it flat could possibly straighten it.  Steel is way too springy for that.  You have to bend it in the opposite direction (carefully)

Exactly this, you need to push it the opposite way of the bend to make it flat

It's not hard, doesn't require a lot of force and can be done in 5 minutes max

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #408 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 06:28:41 »
Have these been sent to Bavman?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #409 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 04:42:22 »
Yeah they're shipped. The hold up of plate and PCB shipments was because several orders were passed on to another person, and I also had to sort the mess from Profosist's group. Many of these people, especially the German sub-group, needed me to ship it instead of Profosist. All of this had to be worked out before bavman can send me the PCBs, and before I can send him the plates.

I just received my batch of PCBs, as well as Profosist's batch of PCBs that I'll now be handling.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #410 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 04:45:05 »
So the plates and PCBs that were going to Profosist are no longer going to him?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #411 on: Sat, 01 June 2013, 05:01:48 »
That's correct, I have all of them right now. I can distribute these myself, or I can choose to ship to him. But seeing how he is right now, I doubt you'll want that.

Offline Paranoid

« Reply #412 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 06:20:59 »
As far as I'm concerned, you can send my order straight to me instead of to Prof first

Offline Wraul

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 14:11:40 »
My plates arrived today.
Very nice and sturdy.

Thank you WhiteFireDragon

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 15:32:09 »
If anyone is still looking for a ANS150, I have a couple available.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #415 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 15:59:37 »
If anyone is still looking for a ANS150, I have a couple available.

JD, you got any extra pcb stuffs?

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #416 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 17:59:47 »
I also have a few extra plates

HHK150 - 1
ISO150 - 1
PRF125 - 1
RDB150 - 1

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #417 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 19:32:43 »
you are great beast, I'm sure someone will jump on those.

i will most likely be selling an extra ANSI 125 plate, i was going to save it for another project or another phantom but in reality that aint gonna happen.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 19:34:23 by Glod »

Offline dirge

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 04:56:34 »
mine have just arrived, thanks very much :)
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #419 on: Wed, 05 June 2013, 10:22:30 »
I can't wait :)

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #420 on: Sat, 15 June 2013, 16:43:38 »
Have ansi 125 been sent?

Offline Batmann

« Reply #421 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 13:47:07 »
Hi WFD,
I didn't receive my plate, should I be worried ?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #422 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 17:12:29 »
Ok if you don't fully know what's going on, I've sent one large batch of plates to bavman a while ago, so that he can combine them with PCBs to ship. I believe bavman just shipped out most the US orders, and working on the international ones. I only have a small batch of plates to ship out with PCBs. I just made this list public, use the tabs on the bottom to see if I have your plate or bavman has it. It also shows which plates you ordered:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AraAg2A1x5csdHlwNWpJSnl0OFAyZHdzMVA5TWg2UkE&usp=sharing

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #423 on: Sun, 16 June 2013, 18:29:14 »
Cool thanks!

Yeah there was some confusion because he sent out some pcbs that had a plate with them.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #424 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:07:26 »
Ok if you don't fully know what's going on, I've sent one large batch of plates to bavman a while ago, so that he can combine them with PCBs to ship. I believe bavman just shipped out most the US orders, and working on the international ones. I only have a small batch of plates to ship out with PCBs. I just made this list public, use the tabs on the bottom to see if I have your plate or bavman has it. It also shows which plates you ordered:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AraAg2A1x5csdHlwNWpJSnl0OFAyZHdzMVA5TWg2UkE&usp=sharing

So what does the color between green and yellow mean? It's not in your legend. Just trying to figure out where my plate is and or where it is going. Thanks
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #425 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:29:23 »
Same as green. Those are different color for me and bavman to keep track that those ones were manually added at the end. Bavman has yours, and he should be combining it with your PCB to ship.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #426 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 12:34:24 »
Cool thanks for the quick answer.

Offline Jupiter

« Reply #427 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 20:33:19 »
I've PM'd you about my order WFD. Just wondering if I could get a quick reply?

Cheers mate :)
(Going to be) building Phantom - Red MDPC / White Heatshrink Pexon Cable - WoR/RoW Klaxon - Shiny Titanium Spacebar - Titanium Zerg key

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #428 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 20:35:40 »
Got my plate and PCB today.  Thanks!

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #429 on: Mon, 17 June 2013, 22:28:03 »
Same as green. Those are different color for me and bavman to keep track that those ones were manually added at the end. Bavman has yours, and he should be combining it with your PCB to ship.

Got it today. It was waiting for me when I got home. WFD, that plate is gorgeous. Thanks so much for doing this.

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #430 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 19:26:42 »
woud love my plate so i could sell a phantom kit :P

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #431 on: Sat, 13 July 2013, 19:31:03 »
I've already shipped out everything I'm suppose to. I told bavman I'm willing to help him with some of the shipping, but he insisted to take care of the orders he messed up on (specifically yours, turkishrambo). Not sure why bavman has been MIA for so long. Hope he's ok.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AraAg2A1x5csdHlwNWpJSnl0OFAyZHdzMVA5TWg2UkE#gid=1

Offline Turkishrambo

« Reply #432 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 15:21:36 »
Ohhhh, sorry WFD, those are the plates bavman has. Yeah... im starting to lose hope.

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #433 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 14:24:16 »
Ohhhh, sorry WFD, those are the plates bavman has. Yeah... im starting to lose hope.

I'm in the same situation (waiting for 2 plates), WFD informed me that bavman didn't ship my plates with my PCB and he would fix this. I hope this will be solved sooner or later :S

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #434 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 15:05:49 »

I'm in the same situation (waiting for 2 plates), WFD informed me that bavman didn't ship my plates with my PCB and he would fix this. I hope this will be solved sooner or later :S

In the PCB thread, it was said that something has happened in bav's life at the moment but he is ok. I don't know what that means about receiving our things but I'm glad we didn't lose a member to another out of right field accident.

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 23 July 2013, 18:55:48 »

In the PCB thread, it was said that something has happened in bav's life at the moment but he is ok. I don't know what that means about receiving our things but I'm glad we didn't lose a member to another out of right field accident.

I'm glad we don't have to lament any tragedy. I also hope he can finish with the shipping at some point :)

Offline xandr

« Reply #436 on: Sat, 21 September 2013, 20:57:21 »
I know I'm extremely late to this party, but if there was a spare ISO150 plate floating around somewhere, I wouldn't mind giving it a new home.
Sprit 60% w/MX Clear in DuckMini V2 case | Matias Quiet Pro (office)

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #437 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 17:38:53 »
I know I'm extremely late to this party, but if there was a spare ISO150 plate floating around somewhere, I wouldn't mind giving it a new home.

Ansi150 more common.

Offline argyakrivos

« Reply #438 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 18:34:34 »
Yeap, same here - if anyone has any spare ANSI125 plate I would be very interested! :D

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #439 on: Sun, 22 September 2013, 20:49:56 »

The_Beast has an ISO plate for sale in his personal buy/sell thread. It's not completely standard, but it is ISO with a 1.5 bottom row.

link: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44032.msg907548#msg907548

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 17 October 2013, 19:15:51 »

The_Beast has an ISO plate for sale in his personal buy/sell thread. It's not completely standard, but it is ISO with a 1.5 bottom row.

link: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44032.msg907548#msg907548

I don't think he has anymore, I'm looking for a ANSI125 or ANSI150... Anyone has one for sell? WFD said he shipped mine since July.. And it's almost November now and I still haven't received it.

Offline gh_pp

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 22 October 2013, 23:12:47 »
I'm interested in ansi 125 as well

What's the minimum quota?

I can use 3

Thanks
QFR brown x2, Realforce 45G, Type-S, Keycool 22 blue

Previous keyboards: 55G, IBM Model M, Dell AT101W, Fujitsu FKB4725, G80-3000 clear, QFS green, QFS blue

[WTB] Custom keyboard build

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #442 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 12:04:38 »
Where is my stuff from this GB?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #443 on: Thu, 07 November 2013, 15:25:06 »
I've already fulfilled more than I'm expected to for this plate GB. This specific thread should be done now, so check the other threads for updates.