Author Topic: Equalz One(TKL RGB kit)By C³(Made by EVE)  (Read 29745 times)

Offline macclack

• Macclack
Re: Equalz One(TKL RGB kit)By C³(Made by EVE)
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 20:17:00 »
I'm just about finished building mine.

A few takeaways...

First, the Equalz One is awesome--better than I expected. The anodizing is perfect as far as I can tell, and overall the design excellent. I bought the white and red option so I'm opting for SA Honeywell, which matches great.

There is an issue that wasn't pointed out by the OP: There aren't enough holes in the PC plate to allow you to tray-mount the PCB. As far as I can tell you have to either drill your own holes (not a big deal since it's plastic) or just stick with the plate-mount option, which is what I did.

I built mine with v2 Zilents and I have to say typing on a plate-mount PC plate is a new experience and incredibly satisfying. I've used aluminum plate mount keyboards, but not PC.

Yeah I am running into the same thing here. Kinda curious to include a plate thats not compatible with tray mounting the board lol.

I will probably just stick to plate mounting it as well

I'm running into a couple more issues:
While plate mounting is definitely doable, it's very difficult to keep the PC plate "snapped" into the mounts on the switches. I'm not sure if it's the width of the holes, or the PC material but getting it to stay where it should is a chore. Most of the time it wants to go back to resting against the PCB. I've never had this issue with metal plates.

Another issue I'm having is that when I press the Caps Lock key, the keyboard suddenly stop functioning and I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in to get it to start working again.  Only thing I can think of is maybe a firmware issue?

Offline Kavik

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 19:42:19 »
C³—Ears,

I have a problem with my PCB. When I activate a key on the left most column, the key below it is also activated. For example, if I press ESC, the tilde key is also pressed. If I press TAB, then CAPSLOCK is also pressed and so on. The only one that differs is left CTRL, it will also activate F12 when it is pressed. All other keys work correctly according to my testing.

I downloaded the LDN Config Tool from this thread (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95713.0) and I tried to switch the keymapping of the effected keys, but it still happened (I mapped ESC to A and Tilde to B, but it still pressed B when I pressed ESC [mapped to A]).

I do not see any physical damage to the PCB. Do you know if this is a firmware problem?

I appreciate any guidance you can provide.
Hi when you test it,use something isolation. Like use glove to cover your tweezers.
Our pcb is little bit different. You can't test it when electric going through your body.
If you soldered and have this problem please let me know.

Well, I thought it was an odd suggestion, but I tested the PCB again while wearing gloves, and it works fine. As soon as I touch the tweezers with my bare skin, it activates the other keys. I've never heard of that issue before, but, if it works when the keyboard is assembled, that's good enough for me. I'll let you know if I have any problems after soldering. Thanks for the tip!
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 22:28:26 »

A few takeaways...

First, the Equalz One is awesome--better than I expected. The anodizing is perfect as far as I can tell, and overall the design excellent. I bought the white and red option so I'm opting for SA Honeywell, which matches great.

There is an issue that wasn't pointed out by the OP: There aren't enough holes in the PC plate to allow you to tray-mount the PCB. As far as I can tell you have to either drill your own holes (not a big deal since it's plastic) or just stick with the plate-mount option, which is what I did.

I built mine with v2 Zilents and I have to say typing on a plate-mount PC plate is a new experience and incredibly satisfying. I've used aluminum plate mount keyboards, but not PC.

Sorry i didnt say it clearly. when we design it,we want 2 kind of mounting type. The goal of this design is get rid of the plate when you using tray mount. so the plate is useless when you go tray mount.It only work when you use the plate mount.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 22:36:12 »

While plate mounting is definitely doable, it's very difficult to keep the PC plate "snapped" into the mounts on the switches. I'm not sure if it's the width of the holes, or the PC material but getting it to stay where it should is a chore. Most of the time it wants to go back to resting against the PCB. I've never had this issue with metal plates.

Another issue I'm having is that when I press the Caps Lock key, the keyboard suddenly stop functioning and I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in to get it to start working again.  Only thing I can think of is maybe a firmware issue?

Well, you should mount it on the top case when you using the PC plate. Use a long screw driver to screw it tight. it should work, i use a plate mount ONE myself.

I will have answers for the PCB problem later for you.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 28 December 2018, 22:39:49 »

Well, I thought it was an odd suggestion, but I tested the PCB again while wearing gloves, and it works fine. As soon as I touch the tweezers with my bare skin, it activates the other keys. I've never heard of that issue before, but, if it works when the keyboard is assembled, that's good enough for me. I'll let you know if I have any problems after soldering. Thanks for the tip!

Well, i am glad it worked. Just let me know if there's any problem. Btw, how do you think of this board? Is it good or just so-so?

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 10:51:19 »

A few takeaways...

Sorry i didnt say it clearly. when we design it,we want 2 kind of mounting type. The goal of this design is get rid of the plate when you using tray mount. so the plate is useless when you go tray mount.It only work when you use the plate mount.

OK that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 10:55:12 »

Well, you should mount it on the top case when you using the PC plate. Use a long screw driver to screw it tight. it should work, i use a plate mount ONE myself.

I will have answers for the PCB problem later for you.

Thanks for being so responsive, Ears. Also, do you know what key sequence toggles the LEDs?

Offline kingtony

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 19:12:42 »
Are these still available?

Offline Kavik

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 29 December 2018, 22:30:43 »

Well, i am glad it worked. Just let me know if there's any problem. Btw, how do you think of this board? Is it good or just so-so?

I can't comment fully yet since I haven't built it, but I think the case and finish are really great, especially for the price. I also like the features on the PCB (per switch RGB, underglow, USB-C). I'm not sure what I will think of the PC plate, but I am excited to try it.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 20:55:49 »
Are these still available?

PM me. I'm thinking about selling mine.

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 04:06:42 »

Thanks for being so responsive, Ears. Also, do you know what key sequence toggles the LEDs?

Use our software to control LEDs,or you can set a combo key to turn it on/off

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 11:44:20 »

Use our software to control LEDs,or you can set a combo key to turn it on/off

Hi, do you mind sharing a link to the software?

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 08:49:59 »

Here it is:* (18-09-17)LDN_RGB_87_Config_Tools.rar (838.63 kB - downloaded 164 times.)

Sorry for the late reply. I am in another city seeing our factory. We are trying something new.

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 11:08:41 »

Here it is: (Attachment Link)

Sorry for the late reply. I am in another city seeing our factory. We are trying something new.
Thank you! Any idea why my Caps Lock key would cause the keyboard to stop functioning?

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 01:34:38 »
Thank you! Any idea why my Caps Lock key would cause the keyboard to stop functioning?

I think it's a short circuit problem. Please check it,if it's still not have issues.I can send you a new one.

Offline skaloola

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 13:33:05 »
Will the winkey version announcement be posted in this thread or somewhere else I can signup for a newsletter maybe?

Offline C³—Ears

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 02 February 2019, 06:11:49 »
Will the winkey version announcement be posted in this thread or somewhere else I can signup for a newsletter maybe?
Hi, we will have do some other plans first,maybe later.

Offline Maxyol

• “A small rock holds back a great wave”. Homer
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 19:11:45 »
Could this ship to Australia and would it be prebuilt