Author Topic: Matias Tactile Pro users: do you prefer standard or mini?  (Read 1618 times)

Offline macguy80

Matias Tactile Pro users: do you prefer standard or mini?
« on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 02:35:39 »
Just wondering if those who own it have any opinions about the layout, or of the build quality of one vs the other.

One of the two will be my next purchase.

Thanks!

Offline rich1051414

Re: Matias Tactile Pro users: do you prefer standard or mini?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 11:10:49 »
Build quality is the same on both of them. It totally depends on what you need. I own the mini and love it.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline enrique.aliaga

Matias Tactile Pro users: do you prefer standard or mini?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 March 2018, 14:35:32 »
I own the Mini Tactile Pro. Bought in December 2015.

A few months ago the switch under the right arrow key stopped registering. Even though the keyboard spent most of the time inside its box (I constantly switch around my boards).

I’m slightly disappointed by its reliability. It should not have broken this soon. Anyways, I guess a switch swap should fix the issue. Gotta learn to desolder/solder first, though.

To your question, the Mini’s Layout is quite comfy. It’s compactness allows for a more natural right-hand position (mouse closer to keyboard).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 08:37:57 »
I quite like my Laptop Pro. All of the switches are still in good condition, though I might swap out for Green Alps or something similar in the future. Only real complaint I have is that it's a non-standard layout and Matias doesn't offer PBT caps (yet) so once you wear down the cheap pad print keys you'll have to buy a new set.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 00:00:23 »
Mini, but as much as I like the styling of the case it seems dumb to have so much bezel on a compact layout.