Author Topic: Help identifying some old boards  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
Re: Help identifying some old boards
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 19:01:29 »
Are these auction listing photos, or do you have these in your possession? Even if they are auction shots, I'm sure the seller could manage a photo of the back of the other one, even if they cannot or will not pull a keycap.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline Myoth

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 19:03:32 »
I'd take a wild guess and say that both are Foam&Foil, the bottom board being Vintage F&F.

Offline dmbaile2

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 23:31:34 »
Neither are an auction.  The pics were sent to me from an electronics recycle facility.  He sent me those pics along with a couple Model Ms. 

The guy barely has time for me so I figured if either of those were worth a damn id go down and take a look.  Is that bottom one desirable?  It looks pretty cool!

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
Help identifying some old boards
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 02:44:26 »
Depending on how far away the place is, I’d say worth a trip and have a feel.  Must say the bottom board has a rather ‘unique’ case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 March 2018, 05:43:32 by invariance »
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 09:32:41 »
If it's not out of the way and the boards are under $5 I'd say go for it. On the other hand, foam and foil is pretty terrible so don't expect an incredible typing experience.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170