Author Topic: which vaccine y'allget'n've'got'n  (Read 15340 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: which vaccine y'allget'n've'got'n
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 04:34:21 »
Getting my second shot on the eighth.
It's amazing that given the US's slow start a teenager will get their second shot before a middle aged guy in a country derided for too fast adoption of the drugs :confused:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 04:47:06 »
It's amazing that given the US's slow start a teenager will get their second shot before a middle aged guy in a country derided for too fast adoption of the drugs :confused:

'Murica has everything, literally everything, but the fascist government hogs all the stuffs.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 04:55:25 »
'Murica has everything, literally everything, but the fascist government hogs all the stuffs.
But you also have 4x the population and a huge area to distribute over.  Unless cities are done while old remote living folk haven't had their first...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 08:06:54 »

the US's slow start

I would say that people here were quick to take advantage of the vaccine when it became available to them. Within a small number of months, the government had ensured that it was free and available to everyone with the exception of small children.

But yes, about a third of the population feels compelled to be obstreperous and refuse the vaccination, to the detriment of themselves and those around them, for a variety of reasons that are fabricated and artificial.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 09:09:47 »
But yes, about a third of the population feels compelled to be obstreperous and refuse the vaccination, to the detriment of themselves and those around them, for a variety of reasons that are fabricated and artificial.

Someone's been hitn'dat wurd'a'day calender.   That or fohat rematriculatn' like in Robin Willaim's Patch Adams (1998)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 12:26:26 »
So now you're jealous of my vocabulary?  It is easier to express yourself accurately when you have the proper words.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 04 July 2021, 13:19:16 »
So now you're jealous of my vocabulary?  It is easier to express yourself accurately when you have the proper words.

Tp4 am covetous of fohat's cognitive lexicon.

Offline yui

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 01:58:10 »

FIGHT :)
(tbh in a vocabulary battle, if we do not count TP's made up words, i'd bet on fohat :))
and i managed to get a pfister shot last week, next in a month, to get back on subject
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 03:22:29 »
Isn't it supposed to be 8-12 weeks before your second shot?  I know mine is and I'm on pfizer too...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 05:01:50 »
Isn't it supposed to be 8-12 weeks before your second shot?  I know mine is and I'm on pfizer too...
i got the only available slot to get my 2nd shot the application gave me only 1 possible day and 2 possible times so i took it, 6th august, seemed far but lack of options, here i was told 2 weeks minimum between the shots

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 07:52:54 »
When I got my Pfizer shot, they asked me on the spot whether I wanted to schedule the 2nd round. I said that I would and they made an appointment for 3 weeks later (the recommended wait) at the same time in the same place. I was grateful for the convenience and the pharmacy ensured their repeat business.

Unfortunately, that required an adequate continuing supply of the drug and a manageable level of demand. Your situation probably implies a greater demand for first shots and/or inadequate supply to meet the demand.

Offline yui

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 10:24:59 »
When I got my Pfizer shot, they asked me on the spot whether I wanted to schedule the 2nd round. I said that I would and they made an appointment for 3 weeks later (the recommended wait) at the same time in the same place. I was grateful for the convenience and the pharmacy ensured their repeat business.

Unfortunately, that required an adequate continuing supply of the drug and a manageable level of demand. Your situation probably implies a greater demand for first shots and/or inadequate supply to meet the demand.
from what i heard we had 2 possible vaccines in France, Pfizer and Modena, but Modena dropped out and did only deliver part of the order and so now we are short. that information may be inaccurate though

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 14:09:16 »
Just read about that kid who died from the Pfizer shot  :eek:

Don't go to be with a stomach ache!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 14:40:47 »

Preliminary examination says myocarditis (heart inflammation). Among extremely rare side effects.

They also said, Myocarditis is a symptom of REAL covid, and is often far worse, so they're saying pros outweigh the potential cons at this point.

Also, theories that he was poisoned by the Radical Right to further antivax.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 15:32:59 »

come on now.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 15:40:21 »

come on now.

I think it's a little far out too, but nazi's are back so,  i guess the theorists are going with, well what Wouldn't they do ?

Offline yui

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 00:30:28 »

come on now.

I think it's a little far out too, but nazi's are back so,  i guess the theorists are going with, well what Wouldn't they do ?

when you read about what extent the doctor that originally said that vaccines cause autism went to prove his point, i would not really be that surprised (i don't went to mention his name because he did that for fame and money, do not want to reward that). he did nearly kill a kid and hurt quite a few more, and proved nothing in the end.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 07:48:14 »

he did nearly kill a kid and hurt quite a few more

Considerable understatement there. He launched a movement that could be argued is a crime against humanity.

But the real dilemma is why (and who) is going to listen to a random goofball crackpot spouting nonsense (looking at you, Trump supporters) without legitimate verifiable evidence to back it up.

Offline yui

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 09:51:38 »
i meant directly, through his experiments, not through the ripple effects of what he said

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 11:14:13 »
First shot over and done with.
No discomfort or anything of the sorts so far.

Offline iri

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 15:01:41 »
Oxford x 2
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 15:01:48 »

Hey, TP4, I learned a new word today:

sclerotic = becoming rigid and unresponsive; losing the ability to adapt

Offline iri

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 15:02:36 »
fohat please, we have a topic for that.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 15:32:49 »

The edge of one's intellect is the palisade to his being, in this amaranthine penitentiary we grow sclerotic.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #124 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 11:28:44 »
I got the Janssen shot yesterday. No side effects, except a mild headache last night and today; though, I get headaches so frequently that I don't think I can necessarily attribute it to the vaccine. Caffeine doesn't appear to cure it, so it's possible it's a side effect and not a naturally occurring headache.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 16:18:15 »

Wow, I've never come across a word that describes my co-workers as accurately as this one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 04:29:21 »
Just got stabbed for the second time. Pfizer again.
Check my keyboard video reviews: