Author Topic: [IC] KBM War Maiden (Updated kitting | Updated color)  (Read 9554 times)

Offline keebhoarder.

• WLOP Enjoyer.
[IC] KBM War Maiden (Updated kitting | Updated color)
« on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 21:07:18 »

KBM War Maiden

IC Form

My name is Keebhoarder., and I’d like to introduce my first keycap set. So why War Maiden?
Well first of all, I'm but a simple weeb. I don't see a character set I like, I struggle to make one.

Hold on, a weeb set? You’re damn right it is. This is for all of us degenerates who are big fans of that one tearjerker of a show.

Color Scheme

Keycap Lore:
More
Blue is derived from her top. It certainly sticks out as it's basically highlighted by the lighter cream colored dress that she wears underneath.
The emerald green comes from her brooch, which also has an emerald gem; this is her most precious treasure, given to her by someone she
considers a major character in her life. The brown legends and red accents come from a combination of her boots, belts/straps, and her ribbon.

Now, as to why I named the set War Maiden: It's because she was once a ruthless soldier for the opposing army. But after
meeting a certain someone, her whole world changed. "War" symbolizes her involvement in the story's conflict, and "Maiden"
highlights her feminine side. War Maiden is a title that perfectly suits our heroine!

However, even though the first thing I mentioned earlier was that this is a weeb set, because the anime itself is
supposedly Western in setting, I decided not to include hiragana or katakana sublegends.

Cream: RAL 9001
Brown: Pantone 4625 U
Blue: Pantone 2955 U
Emerald: RAL 6024
Red: Pantone 201 U

Kits

BASE KIT

"No letter that could be sent deserves to go undelivered"

NUNKISH ALPHAS

"I want to know what 'I Love You' means..."

LATIN ALPHAS

"Sometimes we create our own heartbreaks through expectations."

BROSCHE

"You were the first person to ever be nice to me. You meant the world to me."

BAND

"The worst battle is between what you know, and what you feel"

NEUHEITEN

"Dead people receive more flowers than living ones because regret is stronger than gratitude."

Renders
(All done by: FJLaboratories)

Vulcan x KBDFans - Maja

Hand Engineering - Haus

windz - Freedom TKL

CannonKeys - Bakeneko60

Collaborations

Keyboard
Evergarden by fiction12 (Discord here)

More
- Sale Type: Private GB (Project W (Main updates here), Waifu.Works, OtaKeebs)
- Layout: 65% WK
- Material: Aluminum 6063
- Color: Beige Anodization
- Mounting: Leaf Spring Top Mount
- Typing Angle: 7.5 degrees
- Front Height: ~19mm w/o bumpons
- Price: TBA
- Units: ~50 including extras
- Plate: 5052 Aluminum Plate or FR4
- PCB: Custom Hotswap PCB by fjlabs

Features:

- Sandblasted, uncoated external brass weight w/ a character engraving
- Top right blocker w/ a laser etched floral design
- Brass peeker badge under top right blocker
- Extended chamfered seam across the side of the board

Renders:

Deskmat
Coming soon!

Vendors

US: Otakeebs
OCE: Allcaps

Changelog

-- Updated Base Kit
-- Updated Neuheiten
Reference: old Neuheiten
More

-- Updated Emerald from Pantone 3252 U to RAL 6024
Reference: old Emerald color
More

-- Removed Dark Green
-- Added rows on Base Kit render
-- Updated some renders to match the new Emerald color

Contact

it me, Keebhoarder.

Discord: OtaKeebs, KBM, Waifu.Works
Discord handle: Keebhoarder.#2021
Instagram: keebhoarder
Reddit: u/Keebhoarder
Gmail: kh.keycaps@gmail.com

Special thanks to: SamVomAuenland, AsiaSpace, LorDuy05, Berkan, YYX, and KBM.

« Last Edit: Tue, 27 December 2022, 08:47:03 by keebhoarder. »

Offline keebhoarder.

• WLOP Enjoyer.
Re: [IC] KBM War Maiden
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 21:09:50 »
To change:

None ATM.

Update (15-11-2022)

- Added board collab.
- Added OCE vendor.

Update (23-11-2022)

- Updated Neuheiten kit.
- Updated Nunkish Alphas kit.

Update (26-12-2022)

- Updated Latin Alphas kit.
- Updated Emerald color code.
- Updated Base Kit render.
- Updated board renders to match new Emerald color.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 December 2022, 01:43:38 by keebhoarder. »

Offline xLeHoy

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 14 November 2022, 23:57:22 »
Yeah this is the good ****

Offline niakulah

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 00:15:39 »
Much better than the old one. What colour are the legends? It's not blue like the mods?

Does KBM make 1.25 convex SB molds? It would be great to see them in the Brosche and Band kits.

Offline Omnias

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 01:58:20 »
I’ll be honest - while the Nunkish alphas are neat, the novelty accents don't really seem to match the primary colour palette of the inspiration character - they have an deep green emerald brooch. Brosche kit is too mint and light coloured. Red for the ribbon might be fine, though it may be worth considering if there’s other prominent accents to draw from.

Offline ankit

• Formerly ankit-sachdeva
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 03:43:14 »
Your accent mods in base kit being the same color as the alphas looks horrible. F13, 1.75u shift, and 1u fn are the wrong color. Not sure what a single 1.5u super is supposed to be used for. You are also missing an "accent" numpad enter. Board renders use keycaps that don't exist in your kitting. Latin alphas kit includes a bunch of duplicate keys for no reason at all.

GLWIC  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 November 2022, 03:53:09 by ankit »
collection:
More
  Daal, Emp Mini, HHKB x5, Horsey, Prophet, RS60, Seis Cero, Unikorn, Pixy Mini

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 05:41:40 »
I like the weird alphas. Consider having a legend above the “1” and “0” legends though, looks weird having shrunk legends without them.

Cream/beige board render?

Your accent mods in base kit being the same color as the alphas looks horrible. F13, 1.75u shift, and 1u fn are the wrong color. Not sure what a single 1.5u super is supposed to be used for. You are also missing an "accent" numpad enter. Board renders use keycaps that don't exist in your kitting.
^
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline BeesKeys

• Formerly Beesley
    • BeesKeys
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 06:07:53 »
You need to check those board renders over, showing keys that don't exist in your kitting, for example the second B on the Alice board an 0, it is in your kit but you also offer a second B

Your basekit needs some work too quite a lot of things missing.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 06:41:17 »
Apart from the comments / mistakes pointed out by other, please check the renders for F,J and 5. One of the duplicated should have a homing bar.
I dont understand the necessarity of the nunrow in the latin only kit. Since there is no extra Tab keys, it cant be really combined with the base kit to cover 2 boards.
Additionally, the Alphas colored "Accent" does not look good. Just drop them.

Also : Please when you make an IC, mark your kit renders with Row numbers and sizes. Otherwise its difficult for people to help you!

Offline Tictac46

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 10:46:30 »
Your accent mods in base kit being the same color as the alphas looks horrible. F13, 1.75u shift, and 1u fn are the wrong color. Not sure what a single 1.5u super is supposed to be used for. You are also missing an "accent" numpad enter. Board renders use keycaps that don't exist in your kitting. Latin alphas kit includes a bunch of duplicate keys for no reason at all.

Single 1.5u super is actually really nice for having one control and one super while retaining both alts

Offline keebhoarder.

• WLOP Enjoyer.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 15 November 2022, 16:06:57 »
First of all, thank you all for the constructive criticism! We'll be taking these comments to help improve the set.

I’ll be honest - while the Nunkish alphas are neat, the novelty accents don't really seem to match the primary colour palette of the inspiration character - they have an deep green emerald brooch. Brosche kit is too mint and light coloured. Red for the ribbon might be fine, though it may be worth considering if there’s other prominent accents to draw from.

Weirdly enough, we're still trying to pinpoint the right green color to use. Going a little more yellow is out of the question though.

Note that this one has a strong yellow tint because of the sunlight.

These are the reference pics we used. We're def open to suggestions on what the color should be. Right now Pantone 3252 U seems the closest to what we want (judging from the physical Pantone book we have). We're certainly open for suggestions though. Do let us know what color would work better.

Much better than the old one. What colour are the legends? It's not blue like the mods?

Does KBM make 1.25 convex SB molds? It would be great to see them in the Brosche and Band kits.

The legends use the dark brown in the color scheme. I believe KBM does make 1.25 convex sb molds.

You need to check those board renders over, showing keys that don't exist in your kitting, for example the second B on the Alice board an 0, it is in your kit but you also offer a second B

Your basekit needs some work too quite a lot of things missing.

It's cuz you don't wanna make renders for me :sadge:

JK. Yeah, we're getting those fixed. Actually need to change/remove stuff from base kit that's unnecessary. Like the alpha enter keys.

I like the weird alphas. Consider having a legend above the “1” and “0” legends though, looks weird having shrunk legends without them.

Cream/beige board render?

Although it's weird with shrunk legends, we don't exactly know what to put there. I was contemplating about adding random squiggly lines but I thought I should just keep it as is to stay true to the actual texts used.

We'll see if we can do a cream/beige board render. :)

Apart from the comments / mistakes pointed out by other, please check the renders for F,J and 5. One of the duplicated should have a homing bar.
I dont understand the necessarity of the nunrow in the latin only kit. Since there is no extra Tab keys, it cant be really combined with the base kit to cover 2 boards.
Additionally, the Alphas colored "Accent" does not look good. Just drop them.

Also : Please when you make an IC, mark your kit renders with Row numbers and sizes. Otherwise its difficult for people to help you!

The alphas colored accent was an oversight. They will be removed. So will the number row and the extra keys that are already on the base kit on the Latin Alphas kit. Thank you very much for pointing these out! I'll also try to add the row number and size when necessary.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 November 2022, 16:09:20 by keebhoarder. »

Offline NinjaAdeeb

• Formerly Zefterous
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 18 November 2022, 00:14:12 »
I love that you use the Nunkish sublegends in the base set! However, I feel like if the thickness of the font is bigger, similar to how let say GMK Norse did it with their Runic sublegends, it would pop more and give more character for the base kit.

They other way around it is to make the Nunkish Alphas comes by default in the base kit but that is just my personal view on this. GLWIC!
Current collection:
More
OG Black Tofu65 | Red WK Frog Mini | Yellowed HHKB Pro 2 | Burgundy W1-AT | Beige BBOX60 | Black Jane V2 CE

Offline Samwise

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 19 November 2022, 07:43:43 »

Alright, thanks for the feedback, we're looking into shades that are better for the emerald color, our current thought is RAL 6024, if you have other ideas then we're open to suggestions!
Sam.

Offline Samwise

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 19 November 2022, 07:46:35 »
We're also updating the Novelties in the near future since there were a few that weren't rendered and I made some corrections.
Sam.

Offline marcusant

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 20 November 2022, 15:48:46 »
I love the colors on these, glwic

Offline keebhoarder.

• WLOP Enjoyer.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 26 December 2022, 01:52:25 »
Updated. Please refer to changelog.

Offline WarlordGorguts

Re: [IC] KBM War Maiden (Updated kitting | Updated color)
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 31 May 2023, 06:33:23 »
Any updates?