Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2776442 times)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #7050 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 22:28:28 »

Oh please. F is the 6th letter of the alphabet. M is the 13th. 13 > 6 last I checked.  ;D

If all goes well I'll upload a full build at some point. If you never hear about it again, pour one out for another M122 lost to some jackass on the internet.  :))

I know I can be a Jackass, but what has that got to do with anything? Do you know anything about the Model F keyboards? I know I really like them, but I personally don't like the layouts of most of them. The Model F AT is closest to what I DO like but it has no arrow keys.  But that does not make my Model M a superior keyboard.

I do know I love all my Model M keyboards. However, that doesn't mean I have no respect for the F. 
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 22:31:46 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7051 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:10:31 »

Oh please. F is the 6th letter of the alphabet. M is the 13th. 13 > 6 last I checked.  ;D

If all goes well I'll upload a full build at some point. If you never hear about it again, pour one out for another M122 lost to some jackass on the internet.  :))

I know I can be a Jackass, but what has that got to do with anything? Do you know anything about the Model F keyboards? I know I really like them, but I personally don't like the layouts of most of them. The Model F AT is closest to what I DO like but it has no arrow keys.  But that does not make my Model M a superior keyboard.

I do know I love all my Model M keyboards. However, that doesn't mean I have no respect for the F.

I'm pretty sure he's joking/trolling/teasing. He'll find his way to the one true buckling spring eventually. We don't need to scare him away before that happens.

Until then, enjoy that M122 micmill.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7052 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:22:15 »
Haha yeah he's just having a laugh.

I definitely understand the love for M over F, so I think it's fair.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7053 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 08:49:36 »
Yes. He's just being silly.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7054 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 09:16:52 »
I definitely understand the love for M over F

Even if you could easily covert your Ms to capacitive?

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7055 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 10:04:24 »
HAha yeah it's not just the layout. The sound, the slightly stiffer keyfeel, etc.

Offline yui

« Reply #7056 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 10:22:41 »
just changed from iso custom silent red 60% to FK9200 the only issue i see is the spacebar only registering on the right half... still a rather nice board and very good domes
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline micmil

« Reply #7057 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 11:19:53 »
Seems a few people around here need to take a ****. They'll breathe easier after they do.  :-*

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7058 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 11:30:06 »
just changed from iso custom silent red 60% to FK9200 the only issue i see is the spacebar only registering on the right half... still a rather nice board and very good domes

That's a big jump, both figuratively and literally. Spacebar/domes/membrane need some cleaning maybe?

Seems a few people around here need to take a ****. They'll breathe easier after they do.  :-*

A lot of people take buckling spring VERY SERIOUSLY. I would include myself in that group. It can also be difficult to interpret intent/meaning without the benefit of cadence. All just a big misunderstanding, I imagine.

Offline zoentri

• planck user
« Reply #7059 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 11:41:22 »
green olkb planck with lubed kailh pro burgundy linears

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7060 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 14:01:27 »
It can also be difficult to interpret intent/meaning without the benefit of cadence. All just a big misunderstanding, I imagine.

That's all it is. They're great guys and gals here for the most part.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7061 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 21:03:35 »

Seems a few people around here need to take a ****.

I am genuinely curious as to what that is supposed to mean.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7062 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 21:35:01 »

That someone so uptight must be constipated.

Offline wolverine92

« Reply #7063 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 22:15:32 »
Corne with MT3 Susuwatari

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #7064 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 23:20:46 »

Definitely a troll. If you want to stir up ****, you picked the wrong crowd.

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #7065 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 02:23:30 »

Well, since he seems to breathe out of his a$$, I guess that's where he's talking from as well :)
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline yui

« Reply #7066 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 02:59:50 »

That's a big jump, both figuratively and literally. Spacebar/domes/membrane need some cleaning maybe?

i went from M122 to the 60% before :) and i got 2 NIB but DPD completely destroyed one of the boxes and damaged the board inside (the seller did pack it good he had put it into a 2nd cardboard box and bubble wrap but DPD and FedEx are incapable of not destroying things) the calculator is a bit damaged as may be the space-bar stabilizer, i need to open it and maybe take photos for the DT wiki, if someone could update it as i do not have an account, and i doubt they would let a 0 day account change the wiki.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline cryonic

« Reply #7067 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 03:33:56 »
Dell 8115 JIS ISO.

New Ducky failed me within 2 weeks of usage due to factory fault and they refused RMA and insisted i use my Warranty. I am very sad. Very.

Going Custom. I am still hurting inside while planning my new build.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7068 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 11:20:22 »

i went from M122 to the 60% before :) and i got 2 NIB but DPD completely destroyed one of the boxes and damaged the board inside (the seller did pack it good he had put it into a 2nd cardboard box and bubble wrap but DPD and FedEx are incapable of not destroying things) the calculator is a bit damaged as may be the space-bar stabilizer, i need to open it and maybe take photos for the DT wiki, if someone could update it as i do not have an account, and i doubt they would let a 0 day account change the wiki.

It is a shame one of the boards was damaged.

Your mention of the FK-9200 made me look it up it up, and that trackball looked familiar. It turns out I have a rebranded FK-7200 I picked up from a recycling facility because the caps looked like they were Alps compatible. They turned out to be too wide, if nothing else. They say that the FK-9200's caps are compatible as well. It makes me wonder if that's actually the case now. Mine has casing damage too, but I imagine it is functional. You made me curious about the domes, which are odd. Maybe they've got different mechanisms, but mine's definitely dome with slider of some kind and the tactile event is surprisingly sharp and pleasant for a dome board. I haven't compared them directly yet, but it kind of reminds me of Fujitsu Peerless (and now I realize that Chyros has a video on them and probably goes over all of that at length).

I do not have a DT account either.

Offline micmil

« Reply #7069 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 12:00:12 »

It means they're constipated from having their head up their ass. It's pretty ****ing obvious that's the case when someone goes into goddamn overdrive because someone else dared jokingly imply their precious ****ing keyboard isn't the besterest evar.

You gonna throw in the Navy SEALS copypasta next there, tough guy?  :rolleyes:

Well, since he seems to breathe out of his a$$, I guess that's where he's talking from as well :)

I suggest you learn to read before trying to talk among adults next time.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7070 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 12:02:37 »
Dell 8115 JIS ISO.

New Ducky failed me within 2 weeks of usage due to factory fault and they refused RMA and insisted i use my Warranty. I am very sad. Very.

Going Custom. I am still hurting inside while planning my new build.

Try doing a chargeback on the card.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7071 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 12:08:57 »

It means they're constipated from having their head up their ass. It's pretty ****ing obvious that's the case when someone goes into goddamn overdrive because someone else dared jokingly imply their precious ****ing keyboard isn't the besterest evar.

Dude. Relax. That kind of talk is only gonna piss off the mods and get you banned. Fohat is a good dude and has been around for way longer. If you're new here, it's better not to stir things up, especially before you've gained some street cred. You wouldn't want to kick things off by pissing off the veterans.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7072 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 12:35:46 »

Dude. Relax. That kind of talk is only gonna piss off the mods and get you banned. Fohat is a good dude and has been around for way longer. If you're new here, it's better not to stir things up, especially before you've gained some street cred. You wouldn't want to kick things off by pissing off the veterans.

Yeah, Fohat's a good guy. He's often the first one that will have a suggestion if you need help modifying or fixing a buckling spring board like your new M122. Let's all calm down. Playful jests were taken seriously, there's no need to escalate over a misunderstanding.

Offline micmil

« Reply #7073 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 14:30:22 »

In other words, this place is populated by spergy little sociopaths and you don't want to piss them off because they're butt buddies with the people in charge.

Cool. I'll **** right off. I left high school decades ago and don't need this cliquey jackoff horse**** in my life.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7074 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 15:35:59 »
Welp, so much for my earlier attempts at diplomacy. Guess he was a troll after all. I hope he’s good to his word and decides not to hangout here anymore... but I doubt it.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7075 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 16:18:40 »

but I doubt it.

I have raised children. Most people grow, some faster than others. The important factor is whether or not they want (and know how) to learn.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #7076 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 17:51:11 »

No need at all. Seems you know more than all of us. Why are you here in the first place? We were talking about what keyboards we use now, and I still use the same keyboard. We are so proud of you for taking us off topic, I thought it would be a good idea to include a picture.

Offline Sxmxs

« Reply #7077 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 10:02:39 »
ID80 w/ Gat Browns, i got kiwis on the way tho, and HK Gaming BoW, but I got GMK Red Samurai on the way

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #7078 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 15:42:22 »
I have been jumping back and forth between my Blumen NK65 EE and KBD67V2 PC at work recently:

263137-0
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline KaitlyynDuff

« Reply #7079 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 02:38:51 »
Anne Pro 2. I love this thing lol. There are a lot of people who are doubting the power of a 60% keyboard. That is perfectly acceptable but I hate it when people just boil it down to its size. However, there are some positives that you can take away from the AP including the battery life when used remotely. You also have to consider that there are some boards that will serve the same purpose better, there are just some aspects of the AP2 which just works well including the price that is one of the lowest in the market for such a quality keyboard. If you want it, there are some online with both white and black colorways involved.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #7080 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 22:33:45 »
NK65 + GYellow Inks

Offline JucheCatgirlTS

« Reply #7081 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 15:58:49 »
I'm currently using my KBD75v2 at work, mostly because it's easier to carry it back and forth to the office than my 1800 (although I'm moving offices soon so I'll be able to leave a board at work). I had NK Blueberries on a brass plate+foam before but I felt like trying something different so I swapped them for 62g Boba U4T on a polycarbonate plate without the foam (still have case foam, just no plate foam). It feels nice and soft, much different than before but I'm really digging it right now.

Plus those RGBY mods look dope next to the Win95 logo  ;D

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #7082 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 05:33:04 »

I finally finished lubing a set of clickety speed bronze for my second GMMK TKL board.  (the black Black Friday deal GMMK)  Both my fingers and eyes now hurt from handling all the tiny parts.  I put a cheap-o Coral Sea keycap set on it for testing purposes.  I won't have a good keycap set for it until SA Nightlight arrives.  Girlfriend went to bed, so I have to wait until morning to test it in all its clickety glory. 

I didn't get to film the switches because I bought two thickness of films, and even the thinner one is too thick for the speed bronze switch housings. 

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7083 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 13:38:40 »
Behold, something stupid:

A Qtronix Scorpius-35 with box jades swapped into it and converted to bluetooth with a stainless steel ball bearing replacing the original plastic trackball. The "Aristotle" switches inside felt terrible, most not even being clicky anymore.

263963-0

The line of 4 LEDs indicate battery life, controlled by the Aibocn power bank I hacked apart to fit into the case. The left-most metal button is to control the BT-500 adapter I also hacked apart to fit into the case. The two LEDs above it indicate bluetooth status and blink whenever a key is pressed, the trackball is moved, etc. The button to the right of it can be held to turn on a white LED that the power bank meant to be used as a flashlight. I mounted that in a hole I drilled in the front of the case. The white switch is a killswitch for the 3 battery cells I harvested from bad laptop batteries, since the ones that came in the bank were too thick to jam inside the case.

263965-1

The aforementioned white LED

263967-2

I also drilled a hole to mount one of those fancy magnetic USB connectors, which can be used both for charging the batteries and for direct input through USB instead of Bluetooth.

263969-3

Random picture of all of the added guts I slimmed down and crammed onto the top of the case.

263971-4

PS/2 to USB adapter I wired up to JST connectors. I heat-shrinked the whole adapter and hot glued it under the trackball PCB. Everything else but the batteries is glued to the top of the case.

263973-5

Random old scavenged laptop battery cells with vaguely correct specifications, which I obviously did the bare minimum of function testing on.

Offline retoid

« Reply #7084 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 14:37:32 »
That's awesome! Nice work!

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7085 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 15:14:22 »
That's awesome! Nice work!

Thank you very much. It took a lot more time and work than I had envisioned. I probably wouldn't do it again. I thought about doing something similar to the TG3 "cop keyboard" I use as a HTPC keyboard in my bedroom, but that thing has even less space inside. I'll probably pass on that one. Modding a multitouch trackpad into it would be nice though.

Offline repugnantpear

« Reply #7086 on: Sun, 07 March 2021, 16:06:06 »
I just recently got an older keyboard, model 5530k. I think its a BTC but i'm not sure.

Offline hvontres

« Reply #7087 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 05:00:58 »
Started playing with this a little more:

Old Wyse 160 Terminal (early 90's vintage) with the original Ascii keyboard (Mx-black, steel plate, OG cherry doubleshots).
Longest space bar I have ever seen (9.75U) :)
Saved it from the dumpster at work, now have it hooked up to my linux box at home.
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7088 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 09:01:28 »
Old Wyse 160 Terminal (early 90's vintage) with the original Ascii keyboard (Mx-black, steel plate, OG cherry doubleshots).
Saved it from the dumpster at work, now have it hooked up to my linux box at home.

I'm glad you were able to save it. How such a thing can be chucked into a dumpster is beyond me.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #7089 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 13:35:20 »
I'm glad you were able to save it. How such a thing can be chucked into a dumpster is beyond me.

Management usually likes to toss everything "old". 

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7090 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 16:06:23 »

Management usually likes to toss everything "old".

Oh, I know. I got the Dell computer I use as a HTPC in my bedroom at a scrapyard for $25. I got the i7 CPU in my gaming rig out of a bucket there for $7. Total nonsense.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #7091 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 16:33:02 »

I finally finished lubing a set of clickety speed bronze for my second GMMK TKL board. 

Mmmm, its a snow day here at our facility in hawaii (well, icy sleety slushy crap instead of nice proper snow) so I'm stuck in the office at sea level and get to use my new speed bronze GMMK for the first time.  Feels gooooood

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7092 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 00:11:46 »
KBParadise V80 "2021 Final Edition" 12/15 with Matias quiet "linears"

264168-0

Thin caps, even by my standards. At least the retro vibes are nice. Would be nicer without a black case.

264170-1

I hope "final edition" doesn't mean they're done with Alps clone boards.

I finally finished lubing a set of clickety speed bronze for my second GMMK TKL board. 

Mmmm, its a snow day here at our facility in hawaii (well, icy sleety slushy crap instead of nice proper snow) so I'm stuck in the office at sea level and get to use my new speed bronze GMMK for the first time.  Feels gooooood

I didn't know it snowed in Hawaii, which I imagine is probably just like when people in Texas don't realize that it gets really hot and humid up north, just not quite as hot

Pictures?

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #7093 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 01:22:13 »

I didn't know it snowed in Hawaii, which I imagine is probably just like when people in Texas don't realize that it gets really hot and humid up north, just not quite as hot

Pictures?

The observatory I work at is at 13500 feet on Mauna Kea.  It'll snow at that elevation anywhere in the world.  Any time there's a thunderstorm it's in the middle of the storm cloud, and the middle of a strong storm is typically full of snow, sleet and hail.

Offline hvontres

« Reply #7094 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 02:59:17 »

They were doing a clean out of the Engineering boneyard. This was actually the user interface for one of our old wirebonders. Unfortunately, there was a bunch of cool mechanical stuff I couldn't get to at the bottom.... This whole 6-s thing is a big waste in my opinion...but a goldmine for us hoarders collectors :)
Henry von Tresckow

Offline Bjerrk

« Reply #7095 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 03:11:56 »
It is amusing that most GHers have separate keyboards for home and work :))
Wouldn't it be too much trouble to transport them back and forth every day?  :p

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #7096 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 04:55:00 »

I always take my work keyboard home on the weekends.  Things are more likely to mysteriously disappear on the weekends. 

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #7097 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 05:13:42 »

I always take my work keyboard home on the weekends.  Things are more likely to mysteriously disappear on the weekends.

Exactly this! Lock in drawer at night, take home at the weekend, haha.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"

Offline Bjerrk

« Reply #7098 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 08:46:09 »

I stand corrected   :D

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7099 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 09:41:42 »

Pictures?

The observatory I work at is at 13500 feet on Mauna Kea.  It'll snow at that elevation anywhere in the world.  Any time there's a thunderstorm it's in the middle of the storm cloud, and the middle of a strong storm is typically full of snow, sleet and hail.

It must be beautiful up there.

I stand corrected   :D

I leave an F107 on a desk in the middle of a middle school library. I figure it is obscure enough to the average person that nobody has any idea what it is, much less has the determination to try to hide a 10 pound slab of zinc to sneak it past all of the cameras. I rotate F ATs, DC-2014s, etc at other locations and leave them as well.