Author Topic: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (GB CLOSED)  (Read 206494 times)

Offline Owl-

Re: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (03/03/2019 UPDATE)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 13:47:26 »
What sort of tweaks were you thinking? It's very late to be requesting changes since the interest check has been open for a while but if it isn't drastic, I might be able to accommodate it if I think it would be a good idea.

Nothing drastic, only highly hoping for 2u bar in the spacebars kit and an R1 1u Hack key in both mod kits - please.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #401 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 13:55:03 »
What sort of tweaks were you thinking? It's very late to be requesting changes since the interest check has been open for a while but if it isn't drastic, I might be able to accommodate it if I think it would be a good idea.

Nothing drastic, only highly hoping for 2u bar in the spacebars kit and an R1 1u Hack key in both mod kits - please.

There is a 2u spacebar in the 40% kit which is where I think it belongs because I don't want ortho users to have to purchase another kit to provide the compatibility since they would already have a ton of leftover keys.

Regarding hack keys, what is their actual function? It seems like it would be a double up of what the Super and Code (Japanese kit version) provide.

Offline Owl-

« Reply #402 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:10:46 »
There is a 2u spacebar in the 40% kit which is where I think it belongs because I don't want ortho users to have to purchase another kit to provide the compatibility since they would already have a ton of leftover keys.

Regarding hack keys, what is their actual function? It seems like it would be a double up of what the Super and Code (Japanese kit version) provide.

The 2u bar's in the 40% ortho kit can remain where it is. I was hoping for the spacebar kit to also include them too. 🙏
Hack key is an alternative Fn key. Requesting for dual Fn usage. A second 1u Fn also works if not doable. 🙏

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #403 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:30:58 »

The 2u bar's in the 40% ortho kit can remain where it is. I was hoping for the spacebar kit to also include them too. 🙏
Hack key is an alternative Fn key. Requesting for dual Fn usage. A second 1u Fn also works if not doable. 🙏

Sorry, I don't like the idea of doubling up on a key in different sets.

There is already a 1x 1u Fn and 2x 1u Super. Would that not cover your use case?

Offline Owl-

« Reply #404 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:52:56 »

There is already a 1x 1u Fn and 2x 1u Super. Would that not cover your use case?

It is for dual 2u split space. I already have the intention of getting the 40% kit with the spacebar kit but would be great if it also contains 2u in the spacebar kit.

The Super keys are fine, I can make do with that.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #405 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:56:04 »

It is for dual 2u split space. I already have the intention of getting the 40% kit with the spacebar kit but would be great if it also contains 2u in the spacebar kit.

I see now. I don't think many people would be needing this so I don't want to add it to the set but I'll talk to KBDfans about   the possibility of adding an extra one to your order.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #406 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 14:58:52 »

I see now. I don't think many people would be needing this so I don't want to add it to the set but I'll talk to KBDfans about   the possibility of adding an extra one to your order.

I love that Wei takes over enjoypbt's keycap sales and becomes their main contact.
He is great.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #407 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:01:10 »

I love that Wei takes over enjoypbt's keycap sales and becomes their main contact.
He is great.

Way of the Wei  :cool:

Offline Owl-

« Reply #408 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 15:10:16 »

If you can make that happen, I'll buy you lunch and make you tea and coffee  :-*

Offline KevinSanToast

« Reply #409 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 16:34:19 »
Sorry if I missed it, but what is the color code of the black? Or is it custom?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #410 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 16:40:38 »
There isn't really one but it's just meant to be straight up black.

Offline KevinSanToast

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 16:54:24 »

I only ask, because I already have spacebars from GMK Serika, which uses GMK/Uniqey N9 as the color. Wondering if it would look out of place with the other black keys.

Offline pockydavid

« Reply #412 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 18:58:48 »
Hi all, just wondering if the 6u spacebar in the Essentials and/or Spacebar kits are centred or off-centred? I tried searching the thread but couldn't find an answer. Thank you

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #413 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 19:34:09 »

I only ask, because I already have spacebars from GMK Serika, which uses GMK/Uniqey N9 as the color. Wondering if it would look out of place with the other black keys.

Ah I see. It is hard to match pbt and abs colours sometimes, especially when it comes to blacks. I haven't been happy with the black reversed dyesub colour yet so we will have to see what is achievable.
If you wanted to be sure of an exact match, I'd just get the spacebar kit which includes black spacebars.

Hi all, just wondering if the 6u spacebar in the Essentials and/or Spacebar kits are centred or off-centred? I tried searching the thread but couldn't find an answer. Thank you
It will be the same as the 6u spacebars in Epbt 9009, etc. which I don't have on hand at the moment but I can check for you when I get home.

Offline pockydavid

« Reply #414 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 23:30:36 »
Thanks gok, much appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #415 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 01:24:38 »

Each 6u spacebar has 2 switch/stab positions for offset and centred.

Offline pockydavid

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 06:25:42 »

Each 6u spacebar has 2 switch/stab positions for offset and centred.
Oh awesome, I didn't know that was possible (thought centre and off overlapped) but that is great. Thank you for following up gok

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (03/03/2019 UPDATE)
« Reply #417 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 10:29:26 »
When will the GB go live ? I definitely need a set of these Kuro PBT.
Maybe at the end of the month if everything goes right.

How long would the GB period last? Looking forward to get this set for my beater/work board!
That will be up to KBDfans to decide but it's usually 4 weeks max.

Heard something in kbd’s China group, it looks like it’s coming soon. Many are hyped!
A bit weird that EnjoyPBT Extended 2048is also planning to run at the end of March through KBDfans.
I have XDA Oblique coming, so I’m still sticking with Kuro. Just kinda strange to have two all-white PBT sets run so close to each other.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 March 2019, 10:31:21 by nguyenhimself »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #418 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 12:04:07 »

How long would the GB period last? Looking forward to get this set for my beater/work board!

Heard something in kbd’s China group, it looks like it’s coming soon. Many are hyped!
A bit weird that EnjoyPBT Extended 2048is also planning to run at the end of March through KBDfans.
I have XDA Oblique coming, so I’m still sticking with Kuro. Just kinda strange to have two all-white PBT sets run so close to each other.

I heard from Wei that it's running next month but things could change. They won't be ran at the same time though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 March 2019, 12:49:03 by gok101 »

Offline zstsc

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 16:25:41 »

I heard from Wei that it's running next month but things could change. They won't be ran at the same time though.

So we the Kuro will GB will be live first before the 2048? Can't wait to pull the trigger on this :)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 21:26:12 »

So we the Kuro will GB will be live first before the 2048? Can't wait to pull the trigger on this :)

I believe so.
I'm also thinking about doing a black PVD brass cap collab with Rama Works. Will have a play tonight.

Offline KevinSanToast

« Reply #421 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 21:44:57 »

I believe so.
I'm also thinking about doing a black PVD brass cap collab with Rama Works. Will have a play tonight.

You have my attention. More-so than before.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #422 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 07:52:51 »

I believe so.

Yes please!  :-*

Offline rjchatfield

[IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (03/03/2019 UPDATE)
« Reply #423 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 15:04:01 »

I believe so.

Hell yeah! I’d be in for that too. Can’t wait to see it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 March 2019, 00:32:16 by rjchatfield »

Offline Hydrolithium

« Reply #424 on: Thu, 07 March 2019, 22:42:24 »
I'm actually so excited for this to drop! Great job.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #425 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 17:44:10 »
Do you have any sample picture on a black keyboard?

I planning to build a M60a Kuro with these keycaps on.
Oh, there was a guy who asked to see a pic of it on a Moon M60-A which I totally forgot about.
I've got a black chiwi that I can chuck it on but my personal opinion is that there is that the contrast is too stark and that the normal Epbt Japanese black hiragana set would fit better.
One issue with that is that it has subjectively worse legends, especially the split backspace (think of R1 epbt 9009).

I might do a revision of the black hiragana set if there is ever another round since it would be easy to transfer the legends to that.

Could you slap it on the black chiwi!  :p  :p  :p

I would like it to be Highly contrasted, too make it crisp and pop
just like this
Show Image

My first plan was the M60A Kuro and GMK Metaverse but I am worrying about the shine as I will use it as my daily driver.
Then I saw your PBT creation, and it looks like a perfect alternative to the Metaverse. :)

Here is a photo of the keyset on the black chiwi as requested.

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #426 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 17:46:29 »

Oh, there was a guy who asked to see a pic of it on a Moon M60-A which I totally forgot about.
I've got a black chiwi that I can chuck it on but my personal opinion is that there is that the contrast is too stark and that the normal Epbt Japanese black hiragana set would fit better.
One issue with that is that it has subjectively worse legends, especially the split backspace (think of R1 epbt 9009).

I might do a revision of the black hiragana set if there is ever another round since it would be easy to transfer the legends to that.

just like this
Show Image

My first plan was the M60A Kuro and GMK Metaverse but I am worrying about the shine as I will use it as my daily driver.
Then I saw your PBT creation, and it looks like a perfect alternative to the Metaverse. :)

SHUT UP AND JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #427 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 18:10:24 »

just like this
Show Image

Offline zstsc

« Reply #428 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 20:53:10 »

just like this
Show Image

Oh my.. Please release it nowww! can't wait any longer..  ;D
Also where are the black escape and enter?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #429 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 20:55:27 »

just like this
Show Image

Oh my.. Please release it nowww! can't wait any longer..  ;D
Also where are the black escape and enter?
They are in the bag somewhere. The black in the current samples aren't black enough so I'm not using them. I am also liking white enter more on white keyboards and the pcb/switches/caps were just swapped over from my white chiwi for the photo.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #430 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 23:35:55 »

just like this
Show Image

Looks beautiful even on the black case. Are you going to modify the white colors more? It looks fine as is to me.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #431 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 01:34:27 »

just like this
Show Image

Looks beautiful even on the black case. Are you going to modify the white colors more? It looks fine as is to me.
A colour sample to match has already been submitted to the factory. The aim was to get it slightly less yellow.
The first prototype colour is between WS1 and CP.

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
« Reply #432 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 10:36:02 »
Hey there, have you read this and heard the sound :eek:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/b08vog/enjoypbt_homing_keys_impact_switch_housings/

Is that something that just happens on ejpbt's keycap or the problem has already been rectified? Thanks!

Offline nu_types

• Formerly Iredeus
« Reply #433 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 10:46:29 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/b08vog/enjoypbt_homing_keys_impact_switch_housings/

Is that something that just happens on ejpbt's keycap or the problem has already been rectified? Thanks!

This is something that happens with scooped cherry profile homing keys in general. This issue really isn't something that will go away unless enjoypbt starts giving people the option of scooped or barred homing keys. Currently, they combine both homing key styles.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:51:00 »

This is something that happens with scooped cherry profile homing keys in general. This issue really isn't something that will go away unless enjoypbt starts giving people the option of scooped or barred homing keys. Currently, they combine both homing key styles.
I think the issue isn't the fact that they are both homing and barred but that they have made the underside of it too thick when they opted for the scoop.
I don't think they have purely barred keys but I'll see what they can do. Worst case is that I add in non homing keys to the set.

Offline ShadeDream

« Reply #435 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 08:07:55 »
Is the noise issue only notable on silenced switches or north facing switches or something? I have ePBT blanks on my current board and my homing keys aren't any different sounding than anything else on my board.

Offline awestrike

« Reply #436 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 11:02:54 »
Is the noise issue only notable on silenced switches or north facing switches or something? I have ePBT blanks on my current board and my homing keys aren't any different sounding than anything else on my board.

I never noticed the sound either, but I'm assuming that's because I'm using clickies. They definitely felt different when pressed, though, so I would definitely welcome an option for non-scooped homing keys.

Offline iCoin

« Reply #437 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 12:00:27 »
THIS.. :eek: I've been waiting for this keycap set!

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #438 on: Sat, 16 March 2019, 11:47:03 »

I think the issue isn't the fact that they are both homing and barred but that they have made the underside of it too thick when they opted for the scoop.
I don't think they have purely barred keys but I'll see what they can do. Worst case is that I add in non homing keys to the set.
That's a decent compromise. I think it's weird that enjoypbt doesn't have the bar only molds

Offline atfltr

« Reply #439 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 00:44:25 »
Look good!

Offline menuhin

« Reply #440 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 03:44:18 »
Just checked out the renders of GMK Minimal which has the WS1 color.
Best would be between WS1 and WS2 - a bit whiter less yellowish tone than the GMK Minimal.

Not getting GMK Minimal this time (despite of its very appealing smaller real spacebar units with convex surfaces) because of limited money, and also that I think most of the light color sets (GMK Muted, Pristine, Minimal) had better be produced in the PBT dyesub way.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 March 2019, 03:58:54 by menuhin »
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #441 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 04:02:15 »
Best would be between WS1 and WS2 - a bit whiter less yellowish tone than the GMK Minimal.

Not getting GMK Minimal this time (despite of its very appealing smaller real spacebar units with convex surfaces) because of limited money, and also that I think most of the light color sets (GMK Muted, Pristine, Minimal) had better be produced in the PBT dyesub way.

Curious why you think lighter colors are better off in PBT? I always thought - for me- it's best to buy GMK for light sets so shine is less prevalent and just buy PBT if I really like the set.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #442 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 08:05:42 »

Curious why you think lighter colors are better off in PBT? I always thought - for me- it's best to buy GMK for light sets so shine is less prevalent and just buy PBT if I really like the set.

If you read through the posts of this thread from the beginning:

There are lots of beige-ish white sets out there already, by ePBT or by GMK, people can as well buy those sets, which can be "better" for some people's taste.

There is a lack of key cap sets WITHOUT the yellowish tones, and the demand is emerging to match better the metal case colors, e.g. GMK Muted, GMK modern Dolch.

I am not saying lighter colors are better on PBT:
it is rather for light legends on darker caps, such as Dolch, I rather have the ABS double shot than relying on the newer reverse-dyesub technique. When something such as darker legends on lighter caps can be achieved in PBT through dyesub (or BSP, Hammer, or ePBT quality), I prefer they are PBT caps over ABS caps.

I used to type on HHKB, and SGI Granite - the feel and sound of PBT. And BSP, and OG Cherry dyesub are superb to use - it's just my preference (POM >> PBT > ABS).
Moreover, Some people like shine on caps, while some other have their own sandblasting setup to remove the shine; I don't like shine, but it will show that a set is well used and loved.
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #443 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 09:55:15 »

Sometimes, you read stuffs that just makes you think "Man, other people are so... different to me".

IMHO any "dark test on light background" GMK set is a total waste because it could have been done in PBT and thus saves us from the blight of ABS shininess (Ewww gross)  :'(, which is why for the longest time I was campaigning hard for an EnjoyPBT Muted (which finally comes true this year with Grayscale)  :)

Anyway, getting back to Kuro/Shiro, I probably wouldn't mind if OP goes for a lighter white tone, but that will make the waiting even longer, so I think WS1 is fine.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #444 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 14:16:04 »

Sorry missing the biggest point of light color on PBT > on ABS:
ABS will eventually oxidize through ages and become yellowish or even brownish.
More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [IC] Enjoypbt Kuro/Shiro (18/03/2019 UPDATE)
« Reply #445 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 22:24:41 »
Just updated the main post with renders of the PVD brass RAMA cap with white enamel infill.

Offline rowie

« Reply #446 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 22:46:24 »
Just updated the main post with renders of the PVD brass RAMA cap with white enamel infill.

Now all we need is a render of that cap and this set on a RAMA Milk! So excited for this. Now I’m not sure if I want Minimal, but I will get the the RAMA “X” cap on that drop to match this drop. Now all I need is a matching black “O” with white enamel or the reversed.   But “X” and “黒” placed on either end of the number row on the M60-A will look awesome. Hope these caps arrive before the Milk I ordered.  ;D

Offline yap68

« Reply #447 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 23:09:37 »
Hmm... Then where is the RAMA "白" keycap?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #448 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 23:14:06 »
Hmm... Then where is the RAMA "白" keycap?
I was thinking of that but it would need to be e-coated to get a true white and I was worried about durability issues on paint.
Bright silver was another option but I didn't think it would match the set very well.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #449 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 07:43:26 »
I like the RAMA cap! perfect as it is :)

I dont know if its possible to-do colored enamel  :))