Author Topic: [GB] TGR-Jane CE custom TKL keyboard shipping (COMPLETED)  (Read 209375 times)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Re: [GB] TGR-Jane CE custom TKL keyboard shipping (60% shipped)
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 12:22:56 »
Thank you for the update, yuktsi! I can't wait to get my TGR, but I can believe it's not butter.

Offline en7ropy

« Reply #451 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:22:50 »
Hello guys, sorry for the lack of updates.

Here's the status of the orders

(Attachment Link)

Asfdjkl36 and en7ropy boards are ruined from reanodizing. I am remaking a new one. The defective units will be for sale later. Haih.

Bad luck all around.  Thanks for the update.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #452 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 14:24:39 »
Can't wait for more people to post their assembled TGRs
how about yours?

Don't have one bro. I'm planning to get a different ~$400 aluminum custom. Yuktsi knows what I'm talking about  ;)

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #453 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 19:18:35 »
Can't wait for more people to post their assembled TGRs
how about yours?

Don't have one bro. I'm planning to get a different ~$400 aluminum custom. Yuktsi knows what I'm talking about  ;)
which one :p i feels like want to try assemble 60%, but the tgr Yuktsi tease looks damn good.

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #454 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 22:18:55 »
You mean this?

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #455 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 23:18:46 »
You mean this?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I NEED IT RIGHT NOW!
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #456 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 23:20:06 »
You mean this?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I NEED IT RIGHT NOW!

+1  This looks so good.

« Reply #457 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 00:03:26 »
That Proto. Oh My God.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
[GB] TGR-Jane CE custom TKL keyboard shipping (60% shipped)
« Reply #458 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 00:24:29 »
You mean this?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So when should you invoice me?
Now or.... How are we doing this :)

Offline codywanks

« Reply #459 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 07:37:22 »
You mean this?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That does it, I'm robbing your house tonight

Offline dannrawr

« Reply #460 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 12:02:53 »
You mean this?

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

can have diffuser like CE?

WTF any Bruce, Cosmonauts

Offline Armagedda

« Reply #461 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 02:33:35 »
Managed to find time this weekend to build this board. Absolutely love the way it looks and will post some pics once I can fix where I'm stuck here.

Is anyone else having trouble with the SMD LEDs? Mine don't work and I can't find much info on the PCB other than 'known issues with LEDs' so I figured I'd post here as potentially other recipients may have the same problem or maybe Yuktsi can help?

None of my LEDs are working (some flash once when usb cable is plugged in but then do not power back on). It was my understanding that the issue of needing to bridge the LED 1 and 2 spots had been fixed for CE? Disregarding this I put a bridge wire on the appropriate connectors and plugged the cable back in. About half of the SMD LEDs (all top and all of the right hand side) came on and appears to be working normally but the other half did not turn on.

So I took the bridge cable off and put SMD LEDs in the hole and soldered them in place, now none of the LEDs are working but some do flash when I plug the cable back in.

Are the LEDs meant to be managed by software or is this more likely (I'd be willing to bet) user error?

Apologies for the potentially silly question here, having a tough time finding documentation on this PCB. Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Offline codywanks

« Reply #462 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 03:15:34 »
Managed to find time this weekend to build this board. Absolutely love the way it looks and will post some pics once I can fix where I'm stuck here.

Is anyone else having trouble with the SMD LEDs? Mine don't work and I can't find much info on the PCB other than 'known issues with LEDs' so I figured I'd post here as potentially other recipients may have the same problem or maybe Yuktsi can help?

None of my LEDs are working (some flash once when usb cable is plugged in but then do not power back on). It was my understanding that the issue of needing to bridge the LED 1 and 2 spots had been fixed for CE? Disregarding this I put a bridge wire on the appropriate connectors and plugged the cable back in. About half of the SMD LEDs (all top and all of the right hand side) came on and appears to be working normally but the other half did not turn on.

So I took the bridge cable off and put SMD LEDs in the hole and soldered them in place, now none of the LEDs are working but some do flash when I plug the cable back in.

Are the LEDs meant to be managed by software or is this more likely (I'd be willing to bet) user error?

Apologies for the potentially silly question here, having a tough time finding documentation on this PCB. Any and all help greatly appreciated!

I have a hunch this might work.

Just install and test it out, you've got nothing to lose

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #463 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 03:17:15 »
Yuktsi, I saw my board for the first time today. The machining quality is absolutely perfect, and the design is so beautiful in person. However, I do think the finishing leaves something to be desired.. it does definitely have some errors.

This isn't a complaint, as I'm still incredibly happy with the keyboard, but I thought I'd let you know about it. I will take some photos tomorrow showing what I mean :)
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline CornCha0s

« Reply #464 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 03:19:52 »

Try this https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78012.msg1992309#msg1992309

Had the same problem and the bridge fixed it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 March 2016, 03:25:42 by CornCha0s »

Offline Armagedda

« Reply #465 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 04:55:13 »

I have a hunch this might work.

Just install and test it out, you've got nothing to lose

Sick mate, cheers. Will give that a go when I've got some time later on tonight and report later on tonight.

What is it exactly? Some kind of generic keyboard GUI controller? Or specific for this board? I may have missed it on the site. My KR skills are non-existant and the google translate (while fun to read) leads me to believe a some of the finer points may have been lost to the translation gods.

Try this https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78012.msg1992309#msg1992309

Had the same problem and the bridge fixed it.

Yep that's what I've already tried, sadly.

When you say you had the same problem, what do you mean exactly? Some of the LEDs would flash when plugging cable in but not sustain light as intended or that half the LEDs were working?

Offline codywanks

« Reply #466 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 05:04:34 »
What is it exactly? Some kind of generic keyboard GUI controller? Or specific for this board? I may have missed it on the site. My KR skills are non-existant and the google translate (while fun to read) leads me to believe a some of the finer points may have been lost to the translation gods.

It's basically a tool to map keys & do macros & configure SMD RGB colors for the A87 PCB

Offline CornCha0s

« Reply #467 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 05:56:27 »
When you say you had the same problem, what do you mean exactly? Some of the LEDs would flash when plugging cable in but not sustain light as intended or that half the LEDs were working?

The one where the LEDs would only flash when plugging the cable in but turn off right after.

Offline cozimkorean

« Reply #468 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 06:40:55 »
Ill be up for round 2 hehe ;)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #469 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 08:30:02 »

This was sort of a round 2.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #470 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:13:06 »
Yuktsi, I saw my board for the first time today. The machining quality is absolutely perfect, and the design is so beautiful in person. However, I do think the finishing leaves something to be desired.. it does definitely have some errors.

This isn't a complaint, as I'm still incredibly happy with the keyboard, but I thought I'd let you know about it. I will take some photos tomorrow showing what I mean :)
I am totally aware of the anodizing issue. Which is why the Tris project is delayed until I find a good source of anodizing. I think the issue is due higher copper content in the 7075 (in comparison to 6061).

http://www.finishing.com/464/68.shtml

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #471 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:18:18 »

The RGB leds are allow connected in series. Turn all the leds on using Jigon.

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?mid=board_sw&document_srl=2702787

Then check on your soldering. Let's say none of the Leds are turning on, that's mean very likely that your RGB1 is not properly soldered. If let's only rgb 1 to rgb 5 are turned on, that's mean you either your rgb 5 or rgb 6 is not soldered properly.

My collection

More

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #472 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:19:27 »
I am totally aware of the anodizing issue. Which is why the Tris project is delayed until I find a good source of anodizing. I think the issue is due higher copper content in the 7075 (in comparison to 6061).

There's a few other finishing issues too. There are some hairline scratches, which were definitely not caused in shipping. It looks like they were caused during handling. Not sure if this is because of the shop you used or something else. I'll thoroughly go over the board later today and post them here (or I can PM them to you if you'd prefer).
github

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #473 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:29:40 »

There's a few other finishing issues too. There are some hairline scratches, which were definitely not caused in shipping. It looks like they were caused during handling. Not sure if this is because of the shop you used or something else. I'll thoroughly go over the board later today and post them here (or I can PM them to you if you'd prefer).
it's okay to post here.

My collection

More

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #474 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:31:49 »
it's okay to post here.
Great. I'll do that then. Also, just to say once more, I'm really not complaining.. The quality of the board is absurdly high overall. The machining is better than any OTD board I own.
github

Offline cozimkorean

« Reply #475 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 09:37:33 »

This was sort of a round 2.

aw :( Well the next wave im on board :P

(pun not intended lol)

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #476 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 01:17:56 »
it's okay to post here.
Great. I'll do that then. Also, just to say once more, I'm really not complaining.. The quality of the board is absurdly high overall. The machining is better than any OTD board I own.

i think i know what youre referring to, as mine also have some hairline scratches that if you really try to have a detailed scan, you will find it. Mine is located in the logo area above the arrow keys which i tot was from the soft brush im using to clean the board. Still im happy with it and satisfied with the purchase  ^-^
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #477 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 19:17:31 »
got a sorry we missed you card today :( Can't pick it up this weekend either as I'm traveling. Can't wait to see the olive green in person though!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline eksuen

« Reply #478 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 19:44:20 »
got a sorry we missed you card today :( Can't pick it up this weekend either as I'm traveling. Can't wait to see the olive green in person though!

Pics please?  :D

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #479 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 21:40:21 »

Just give me the slip and I'll pick it up :)

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #480 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 22:18:54 »

Offline eksuen

« Reply #481 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 00:53:27 »

Show Image

Mmm, sexy. I bet it looks even better in person, huh.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #482 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 22:20:54 »

way too hard to capture the color. Looks way better in person! Very happy with it :) Thanks Yuktsi
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #483 on: Mon, 28 March 2016, 22:34:27 »
They look so good!

I want one TT______TT

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #484 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 20:23:28 »
Almost done mine, yellow gaterons look great on the red plate

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #485 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 06:10:15 »
Anyone want to sell me one of these?
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 April 2016, 06:27:51 by h2oxide »

Offline h2oxide

« Reply #486 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 06:27:16 »
Also not opposed to the idea of a round 2

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 07:34:41 »
Show Image

Aaah.  Yellow switches with yellow PCB.  Nice stuff!

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #488 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 07:57:13 »
Show Image

Aaah.  Yellow switches with yellow PCB.  Nice stuff!
I always wanted to try yellows, it was kismet when the switches came in a week before the Jane.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #489 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 11:37:52 »
Apologies for the really delayed post. Also, apologies for these horrific pictures. My camera is not behaving as it should. Here are the finishing issues I've noticed :

From above there is only one issue, which to be honest is me nitpicking. There is a barely noticeable scratch along one of the edges :

From the side it gets a little worse.. There is this much more noticeable (but still small) scratch on the top piece :

There are these lines running along the entirety of the side of the two pieces of the casing where the anodising is lighter, kind of like you see on most 356CL DGEs :

Also, there are what look like remaining machining marks on the two ends of the case :

Then there's the bottom.. Stretchmark-looking anodising issues, and two very noticeable hairline scratches :

----

As I said before, the machining on this case is absurdly good. It's better than any other custom I've owned. However, I am disappointed with the finishing - it's certainly the worst finishing I've had on a custom. Luckily, the errors aren't too visible from above. I'm hoping that this criticism is constructive and that it will help you & your shop improve the finishing quality in the future. I absolutely understand how hard it is to control the quality of finishing.

I'm still very pleased with this keyboard ;D
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 11:41:59 by Photekq »
github

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #490 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 12:06:58 »
How could you have "better than any other" and "worst" in the same post? Your feeling towards TGR-CE must be really mixed. :-P
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
« Reply #491 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 12:11:56 »
How could you have "better than any other" and "worst" in the same post? Your feeling towards TGR-CE must be really mixed. :-P
It is mixed..

The machining really is the best I've had.

The finishing really is the worst I've had.

:-\

Overall I am still happy though, since the finishing looks fine from above.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 12:13:33 by Photekq »
github

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #492 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 22:58:40 »
 I just got mine
134889-0:D :D :D
456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #493 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 23:12:27 »
I just got mine
(Attachment Link) :D :D :D

DAMN, now that's PURE SEXINESS in any Language, especially here on GH  8) .

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #494 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 23:33:42 »
Yuktsi did a marvelous job on this piece. Well worth the $ and wait :p :p

I just got mine

456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #495 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 00:00:33 »
Yuktsi did a marvelous job on this piece. Well worth the $ and wait :p :p

I just got mine

Hi boss  :p :p

My collection

More

Offline boo

Re: [GB] TGR-Jane CE custom TKL keyboard shipping (80% shipped)
« Reply #496 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 00:02:13 »
yuktsi,

You need to do another GB soon.  ;D

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
[GB] TGR-Jane CE custom TKL keyboard shipping (80% shipped)
« Reply #497 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 00:04:16 »
Still excited to get mine :)

Offline VereChi

« Reply #498 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 03:14:01 »
yuktsi,

You need to do another GB soon.  ;D

\Round 2/ \ Round 2/ \ Round 2/

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #499 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 04:29:37 »
Still excited to get mine :)
you have received the tracking number right?

My collection

More